Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 40 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

Physical physical team on defense. Corners playing way above their pay grade after Nagy jettisoned some players I thought were locks.

Khalil Mack v Wirfs, part 2. Revenge game, payback time. I sus Tristan is lifting and getting mentally prepped for his biggest test of the year so far. By far. Mack is what he is. Unstoppable.

Hopefully Gronk gets back, Winfield jr. should be back (concussions are weird), maybe Sherman (but I highly doubt that…he walked into the tunnel like a guy who knew he was done for a long while…felt that before), SMB maybe? Dean is playing solid right now, still has issues in coverage that are glaring and he needs to fix those ASAP. We have seen them before.

Maybe David gets back to good? I’d prefer he get it back to 💯, but most of us know low ankle sprains can heal quickly sometimes.

This is a winnable game but it will be a hair pulling experience to watch. Fields is turning a slight corner, he can move when he has to. Runners are orettt much going to get buried against the Bucs. Their defense will stifle this offense, particularly if the weather is bad. But they will slow this team down a good deal, Brady will be keenly aware of their best in the league pass rush. Bucs oline has a giant task of protecting Tom Brady.

What say you fellas? Go Bucs!

• kenntak

Participant

I will wait until after this week’s games to comment.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I don’t see the Bucs rushing guys like gronk and LVD back from injury. Especially since they should be able to beat Bears anyway. Will likely be 7 point favorites for the game.

I see AWJ as the only player returning from injury. Potentially others returning for the Saints game.

This season will be about maintaining a balance between getting that #1 seed and also making sure we are healthy for our playoff run.

The Bears offense is poor and we should hold them to under 24 points easily.

If offense plays like it has been I see a 31-21 type win

• BucBalla85

Participant

Last years game was annoying af! Hope we kick their ass this time go bucs!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Hope the refs are better in this years game.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bottom line, and the biggest factor to winning against the Bears, is keeping Tom Brady protected and clean. He doesn’t need to be scared for his life and thinking about checkdowns as soon as he snaps the ball.

Bucs offensive line is the ultimate key. Simple. As. That.

• seekpar

Participant

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I would add containing Fields is a priority for the defense. Maybe the Bucs should have #45 spy on Fields to neutralize the RPO.

• Swash

Participant

In that Eagles game, Bowles used some creativity to hold Hurts back. I noticed Atleast 2 plays where Tryon was actually playing middle linebacker and was the spy. Defensive schemes that worked on Hurts, in theory, should work on Fields.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bears are putting some clamps on Aaron Rodgers.

Bucs need to keep Brady protected, and the wideouts are in for a tough sled. They will have to make tough catches and make plays, and again above all, protection has to be very good for the Bucs to win.

Bears are just a mudder of football teams. Just physical, painful to watch football.

What’s the injury report for Tampa look like now?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Freddie Jackson signed a bug deal 2 years ago. Now, he is having the worst last two seasons he’s ever had. He can be got from time to time on those deep 9s. Their pass rush out of a blitz is hellacious. Brady will face that a few times, he’s going to have to receive adequate protection, and has to dissect their defense tres rapido once they send it. Brady is good at this, but the Bears are pretty good defensively. Alien Hicks is nursing a groin injury (looks like he tweaked it after a sack of Rodgers on a full house blitz yesterday), he is a beast physically. Wears guards/centers down. His injury may slow him a bit.

Fields is a wicked scrambler, not elite, but very effective. He also takes off from clean pockets too much. Against the Bucs isn’t the time for him to suddenly learn how to stand tall in a pocket. Bucs pass rushers should be picking peanuts outta his ass Sunday, starting 4:15p. His arm is good, not great. Shaq will be making him nervous all game.

Bucs need to establish a workable run game to create PA opps for12 and gang. Brady can dissect this defense. I believe he will if given proper protection too.

Literally, the ONLY way I can see the Bucs losing is because of consistent breakdown of protection, making Brady uncomfortable, and turnovers.

Let’s see how many holds they call against Vita Vea. He better draw two or three of them. They can’t stop him unless they hold.

• Boid Fink

Participant

12.5 points. Unreal.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Sherman is out for this game and several more. This is getting ridiculous with our secondary now.

Different topic….why do we seemingly play the Bears every single year?

• Lawdy

Participant

They finished second last year in their division just like we did. Packers own that division so they’re always gonna finish second at best. And then third when the vikings do well. So it’s just coincidence that we do as well as they do every year in the respective divisions. And then of course we play the NFC North every third year. Used to have to play those bastards twice a year. And it seems we play the giants every flippin year now too for basically the same reasons.

• TBChucky

Participant

Bears and Washington.. lol.. I’m assuming in seasons past it was because we were all the “Bottom feeders” in our respective divisions. This year? Who knows. The league likes playoff rematches, so I guess that could explain WFT..

• m_j

Participant

I do not see Fields as someone who could beat us. Dak and Stafford could, only one of them did it. Next one who’s really good is Allen in W14, we should be 10-2 at worst by then, no matter how bad our secondary is!

• BucBalla85

Participant

Feel like their d is tough but our offense should still be able to put up points. Think even with injuries pass rush can still show up in key times to create some havoc. Also some added motivation from last year. I say Bucs win.

• TBChucky

Participant

I think Bucs win, but it won’t be a cakewalk.. No looking ahead to the Saints. Not that I’m too worried about that considering we have Brady and they beat us last year.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Bucs O line has been solid so I am not concerned much about that but agree they will have to stay on top of their game. Missing Gronk hurts this aspect but Bears have stayed in games due to their rushing ability and that’s pretty much a no go for them this week. If Tom is afforded time that -13 line looks about right. 30-17. Bucs will dominate or have another game where the score is kinda close but result never really in doubt. The feeling that comes with Brady.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

I do not see Fields as someone who could beat us. Dak and Stafford could, only one of them did it. Next one who’s really good is Allen in W14, we should be 10-2 at worst by then, no matter how bad our secondary is!

You should probably rethink that. Likely losses at New Orleans and Indy. We’ll be 10-2 at best and likely 9-3 by then. Could possibly be 8-4 if our injuries start to affect us. Indy is legit and so is New Orleans.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

You should probably rethink that. Likely losses at New Orleans and Indy. We’ll be 10-2 at best and likely 9-3 by then. Could possibly be 8-4 if our injuries start to affect us. Indy is legit and so is New Orleans.

That would be a huge disappointment

I had us at 13-4 before the season started with losses to Rams, Saints, indy, and Bills

I have now revised that to be 14-3 as the Saints and indy don’t look as strong but still see us dropping one of em, most likely Saints since we will still be banged up by the first game

• TBChucky

Participant

Considering all our injuries 14-3 sounds wonderful to me! As it should to all Bucs fans!

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

I had us at 13-4 before the season started with losses to Rams, Saints, indy, and Bills

I have now revised that to be 14-3 as the Saints and indy don’t look as strong but still see us dropping one of em, most likely Saints since we will still be banged up by the first game

Indy is no joke and much better than their record. I don’t see us winning that game. It’ll be close but, we lose. We also lose one to the Saints most likely. The Bills game is a tossup and Carolina is hard to judge. They have some injuries and when healthy they are very strong so who knows. You’re prediction on 13-4 sounds about right. Not sure if that’ll be enough for home field.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Considering all our injuries 14-3 sounds wonderful to me! As it should to all Bucs fans!

I would be very happy with that.

• Boid Fink

Participant

So we all agree: a tough game but winnable.

Key will be protecting Brady against their pass rush. Simple.

They lost Quinn as a result of covid. Tough break, and it sucks, but the Bears will still bring some insanely fast blitzes and Brady will have to launch.

Roquan Smith is insanely good, he is their version of LaVonte David. Ogletree is really playing out of his skull right now. Good coverage suddenly.

Go Bucs!

• TCB2W!

Participant

Indy is no joke and much better than their record. I don’t see us winning that game. It’ll be close but, we lose. We also lose one to the Saints most likely. The Bills game is a tossup and Carolina is hard to judge. They have some injuries and when healthy they are very strong so who knows. You’re prediction on 13-4 sounds about right. Not sure if that’ll be enough for home field.

How in the world are they better than their record? The Colts are 16th in passing yards per game, and 19th in points per game. They are also 10th in points given up per game, and 20th in yards given up per game. I have watched two games, they are mediocre at best. Plus, they have Wentz who will fall apart if there is any pressure on him.

• seekpar

Participant

I have the schedule up on a kitchen cabinet door, before the season picked 14-3 with the losses @LA, @IND, BUF. So far, so good.

This Sunday’s game will be tight. The Bucs should win by one score, something like 27-23. It will be nerve wracking in the second half.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Bucs need to kick this injury bug. i mean it’s night and day how relatively healthy we were last year compared to this year down 7 key players a game

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Indy is no joke and much better than their record. I don’t see us winning that game. The Bills game is a tossup

So, Indy is a loss, but Buffalo is a “toss up”?

Interesting take.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Indy is no joke and much better than their record. I don’t see us winning that game. The Bills game is a tossup

So, Indy is a loss, but Buffalo is a “toss up”?

Interesting take.

It’s any given Sunday

Like I said ultimately I see Bucs losing to Saints next week and then dropping Buffalo maybe

14-3 is where we should be but injuries are a concern for sure

And we are talented enough to be 16-1 but that just isn’t how football works

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

I can see Buffalo and Saints as losses well before the Colts. Buffalo obvious and the Saints defense is still good even without pieces from last year.

With the exception of Miami and Detroit, the Colts are giving up 25-31 points per game. The Colts offense is very average. Who knows who their starting QB will be by the time we play. Wentz rarely makes it through a season.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Gotta beat the Bears first.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Agreed Boid. Goooooooooooooooo Bucs

• GoldsonAges

Participant

I have only one key for the game. Bucs defensive coverage.

If we take away the short passes and play man coverage its a blowout.

If we play soft zone coverage the Bears will cover the spread.

Simple.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Boid Fink

Participant

I’ll be watching for this. I think the only impactful feature of the Bears identity is their pass rush. It is elite. They have lost Quinn for the game. Hicks is dealing with a bad groin pull. FJax is ripe for the pickings. But if Brady gets time against this very fast pass rush, he will feast.

Watch how fast they get to their target in 6+ blitzing. It’s insane.

I have only one key for the game. Bucs defensive coverage.

If we take away the short passes and play man coverage its a blowout.

If we play soft zone coverage the Bears will cover the spread.

Simple.

• Vance

Participant

Yeah I see the Saints taking us to the woodshed. Winston might go off.

• obuc

Participant

I will be posting my final score predictions on this game approximately 8 pm Sunday night. stay tuned. I am usually never wrong.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Looks like we’ll be short AB, Winfield, LVD, JPP, and Sherman.

Gonna be a tough game.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yup.

No AB and Jasmine Johnson is going to effectively cover 1 of the Bucs WRs (Evans? Godwin?)

OJ is beat up. No Gronk. 4net will have to run into a tough group, Brady is going to have a hard time finding targets. The spread seems off to me.

I believe this is a winnable game. But I also believe the offense will be stymied for large portions of the game. Possibly a 17-13 type game

Go Bucs.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

The Bears have scored just 98 points this year or roughly 16 points per game; one of the worst scoring offenses in the league.

David Montgomery is on IR and Damian Williams is a real risk to not clear Covid protocol which means they’d be down the third string 6th round rookie Khalil Herbert. Their running game will be non existent and they will be one dimensional with Fields.

i realize our defense is banged up but we should definitely win this battle and Bears should score under 21 points – i.e. Todd Bowles versus Mac Jones, Jalen Hurts, etc. Fields has 2 touchdown passes this season.

The Bears defense has been in the upper third of the league in points allowed. Robert Quinn is also on the covid protocol list and might not play which leads to the fact that we can double team Mack who is battling an injury and not playing most of their snaps last couple games.

Even without Gronk and AB; Bucs have Evans, Godwin, Fourtnette, Howard, Brate should be plenty to win by 2-3 touchdowns. A close game and we should start to worry. And i dont mean close like the Eagles game becuase that was us letting foot off pedal close

• Boid Fink

Participant

Brady is off today. The Bears secondary and linebackers have him confused. He has all the time and isn’t making good throws nor good reads.

They need to be able to pass the ball. It isn’t happening, and it will become a problem as the game goes by if not fixed.

This Bears secondary is literally making Brady stare and force throws into a needle. He isn’t threading it though.

Kudos to the defense, the pass rushers particularly. And kudos to the o-line, they are doing yeomans work. Brady needs to reward them by running the ball more.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Looks like we’ll be short AB, Winfield, LVD, JPP, and Sherman.

Gonna be a tough game.

Good call lol.

Tough for fields, absolutely!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bucs missed LVD on that drive.

Nelson is a liability on the edge. Just not even a JAG. He is someone’s oxygen break.

Surprised to hear Santos has hit 34 FGs in a row.

That was a bad miss by Succop. He has been driving them right (on the screen), it seems.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Looks like Brady has arrived.

• TURBO

Participant

Romo was obviously rooting for the Bears.

It was disgusting.

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.