Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

The Buccaneers added two more players to their roster last week following the team’s final mini-camp of the offseason, signing defensive end Ronald Talley and receiver David Gettis.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9860:&Itemid=15

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gettis, if healthy is an upgrade over any of those guys mentioned. Outside shot, especially if he can do returns.    Talley could certainly win out over Means or Bowers for that 4th DE spot.      IMO, both these guys are serious competition; more than just camp bodies...      I think the roster is at 88 now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gettis, if healthy is an upgrade over any of those guys mentioned. Outside shot, especially if he can do returns.    Talley could certainly win out over Means or Bowers for that 4th DE spot.      IMO, both these guys are serious competition; more than just camp bodies...      I think the roster is at 88 now?

I think Bowers is fighting for a roster spot...with the likelihood of begin on the outside at the end of camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NDY, I think Lovie has made his determination and both Gettis and Talley are in a prime position to make the roster, it’s theirs to lose provided that they perform well in the preseason. Mr. Bower’s pack your bags

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is Gettis’ knee? He’s been out for the past few years with knee issues. If he's okay, then the WR position battle got even better. He was the Panthers #2 receiver for a little while and showed some promise. Before his injury, he could flat out fly.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

I think Bowers is fighting for a roster spot...with the likelihood of begin on the outside at the end of camp.

yep

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on descriptions of Bowers in mini-camp, he hasn’t been described as exactly “fighting” for anything…  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why was Gettis cut? Was his knee still not fully healed?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gettis has had hamstring issues for a while. He received an injury settlement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is Gettis' knee? He's been out for the past few years with knee issues. If he's okay, then the WR position battle got even better. He was the Panthers #2 receiver for a little while and showed some promise. Before his injury, he could flat out fly.

That's what I was thinking as well. I just don't know if he would be good at the slot position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never know what will happen when they start using live ammo. Gettis apparently wasn’t the same once the pads went on. Fortunately, Streeter has stepped it up. Talley is back from his injury, and lookin' good so far. Some definite competition out there!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

An injury settlement from who? Carolina, or the Bucs?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

An injury settlement from who? Carolina, or the Bucs?

Why would Carolina give him an injury settlement at this point?"Former USF Bull Mark Joyce will get his first NFL shot with the local team after signing on Monday and filling a roster spot created when WR David Gettis was waived with an injury settlement"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, on 6/18 the Bucs bring in David Gettis, a guy with a history of injuries and not fully healed. They waive him on 8/05 and pay an injury settlement? Who the crap inked that deal for the Bucs?? If they’re giving away money like that, I want some.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, on 6/18 the Bucs bring in David Gettis, a guy with a history of injuries and not fully healed. They waive him on 8/05 and pay an injury settlement? Who the crap inked that deal for the Bucs?? If they're giving away money like that, I want some.

Grable received the same thing. For all we know the settlement could be plane fare.

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.