Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 74 reply threads

• Author

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Per Rick Stroud

• Graham

Participant

I don’t think “all in” means what Rick thinks it means.

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Not much stated in his article, but he certainly implies that it is what they will do, not what he THINKS. Guess time will tell.

Too bad the forum wont let me post the article.

• Pennywise

Participant

Brady has never had the receiving talent bucs have….but problem is bruce will have to change O up,Brady has a wet noodle for a arm

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

Make it so Bruce. Make it so. Brady brings instant cred. The schedule makers will be spinning out of control. KC versus Tampa would be on MNF. Green Bay on Sunday Night. Maybe even a New Orleans match up in prime time.

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

@j.a.s.h.e.r.
      What kind of voodoo is this? Teach me your ways.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Per Rick Stroud

One can only hope.

• Buccodeuce

Participant

Sh!t meet the wall. Bucs May or may not get one of a number of QBs in free agency or maybe resign JW but wouldn’t it be super cooL to get TB12 bro?

• JamesButabi

Participant

Good luck filling out the rest of the roster if that happens. Color me not excited after watching Brady every game last season. A couple years ago maybe. Last year the decline was really evident in his velocity and accuracy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^^^^Said the same thing about manning^^^^^

• BucD

Participant

I don’t have any doubt that BA is hot for Tom Brady and is “all in” to go after him. I also don’t have any doubt that Tom Brady and his agent are/will be using and abusing that interest to their benefit as a means to get more from another team.

• BP1

Participant

Good luck filling out the rest of the roster if that happens. Color me not excited after watching Brady every game last season. A couple years ago maybe. Last year the decline was really evident in his velocity and accuracy.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who saw this. You think maybe the Patriots saw this as well?

• TCB2W!

Participant

“I talked to Tampa Bay. They would love to have Tom Brady,” Dianna Russini said. “They’re willing to give Tom Brady the things he needs, he wants. Some of those things he wants — control over roster, he wants to be part of making decisions on the play-calling … If [Brady] wants control, Bruce Arians is a guy he should match up with.”

This is the full report of the quote at the end of the article. Unless she lied about talking to the team, that sure seems like they are all in.

• Trask Force

Participant

Two points:
      1) The Suh signing is what gives us hope that a top player might want to come here. Nobody thought Suh would come here, and yet he did. So that doesn’t mean a Brady signing is imminent, but it does give us hope that we aren’t looked at as just a no-account backwater team.

2) Nobody thinks Brady’s arm is as good as it was a few years ago. Nobody expects that Brady can hike a team on his shoulders like he could before. But his brain and his will to win are still there. So I guess its a matter expectations. What we are expecting the guy to do if he comes here.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Brady’s expected completion% last year was 64%. In 2016 (“a couple years ago”), it was 64.7%. Not really much different. His comp% was 61%. That -3% difference was his worst in the last 4 years. In 2018, it was -1.7… in the year in which he won a Super Bowl and completed 67% of his passes. You really think his “decline” was because of him and not his garbage WR and TE corp?

You really think he lost some zip on his passes? At the combine, pass velocity started being tracked in 2008, the highest was Josh Allen at 62 mph.

Brady was hitting 61 mph last summer.

What exactly are you seeing?

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I talked to Tampa Bay. They would love to have Tom Brady,” Dianna Russini said. “They’re willing to give Tom Brady the things he needs, he wants. Some of those things he wants — control over roster, he wants to be part of making decisions on the play-calling … If [Brady] wants control, Bruce Arians is a guy he should match up with.”

This is the full report of the quote at the end of the article. Unless she lied about talking to the team, that sure seems like they are all in.

Piggybacking off of this, given Mike McCarthy‘s history in Green Bay, (per Aaron Rodgers), I don’t believe Dallas is able to offer the same.

I think a lot of teams want Brady, But there’s only a few suitors. I do believe Dallas is our biggest competition in the Brady sweepstakes.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Brady’s expected completion% last year was 64%. In 2016 (“a couple years ago”), it was 64.7%. Not really much different. His comp% was 61%. That -3% difference was his worst in the last 4 years. In 2018, it was -1.7… in the year in which he won a Super Bowl and completed 67% of his passes. You really think his “decline” was because of him and not his garbage WR and TE corp?

You really think he lost some zip on his passes? At the combine, pass velocity started being tracked in 2008, the highest was Josh Allen at 62 mph.

I wonder what some are looking at when they watched the Pats this past year I can say from experience (due to having some friends that are pats fans and we go every year to MetLife when the pats come to town) he’s still the same Crazy,always fiery, shit talking, getting into peoples faces etc.. asshole I truly hated when he played for the Pats..(see what I did there “played!”)And can all be had here but some of y’all rather have a big arm QB with no intangibles who only Has a big arm to fit BAs offense lol..

• Trask Force

Participant

Its all fun to think about, but I’ll still paraphrase that freind of Brady’s who basically said nobody knows anything and if you say you do your lying. I think that still applies.

• red816

Participant

Do it. Go big or go home. This is the GOAT we’re talking here!

Give him the money, the power, the control he wants. Roll out the red carpet.

• Wutt

Participant

I am down for Brady to come here do what it takes, but I have this feeling it will end up being Brett Farve to Tampa 2.0.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schefter really screwed that breaking report all up. He was so sure Fa re was coming to Tampa…I have my reservations about Adam nowadays.

I am down for Brady to come here do what it takes, but I have this feeling it will end up being Brett Farve to Tampa 2.0.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

PennywiseParticipant
      Brady has never had the receiving talent bucs have….but problem is bruce will have to change O up,Brady has a wet noodle for a arm

Guy just shut up please. You literally don’t know what you’re talking about and it’s beyond old. Brady still has more than functional arm strength to drive throws down the seams.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude, are you stupid or something? You think Skinny Teddy can “spin it”, but Brady can’t? You’re an agenda running clown for real.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You stupid fucks. Brady isn’t interested in Arians or Tampa, and Tampa isn’t interested in Brady.

It’s fucking crazy how silly a fan base we have. Brady is not coming to Tampa and it’s never been much of a consideration. Jesus.

• Greattimes

Participant

The usual “nobody but Winston” suspects are out in force. If it was rumored that Mahomes might be traded to Tampa, they would find faults in his game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disregard this child. He’s a fake Samoan who loves to be an emotional crap bag. He will invariably talk about a moms vagina, call someone a female, and be a walking conundrum with zero mental capacity.

You stupid fucks. Brady isn’t interested in Arians or Tampa, and Tampa isn’t interested in Brady.

It’s fucking crazy how silly a fan base we have. Brady is not coming to Tampa and it’s never been much of a consideration. Jesus.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Weather he comes here or not is one thing. But you’d be stupid and naive to think there isn’t any interest from both parties. There’s at least some type of interest from the Bucs and Brady himself.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There you have it, guys.

Brady to Tampa is a done deal, thanks Jabboo.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weather he comes here or not is one thing. But you’d be stupid and naive to think there isn’t any interest from both parties. There’s at least some type of interest from the Bucs and Brady himself.

So you think Tampa is interested in a 43 year old has been, with a pop gun arm? Solid research on your part. Brady will be the QB in NE in 2020, or he will be retired. End of story. Again, our fan base isn’t splitting the atom with their football knowledge. What in God’s name??

• Pepsi

Participant

• Wutt

Participant

So you think Tampa is interested in a 43 year old has been, with a pop gun arm? Solid research on your part. Brady will be the QB in NE in 2020, or he will be retired. End of story. Again, our fan base isn’t splitting the atom with their football knowledge. What in God’s name??

Now I really hope Brady comes here to say fuck you, you useless bastard. If he comes here will you just go away to go follow the xfl team jameis is on?

• Nobody

Participant

If this happens, it will 100 % cement that Licht and the Glazers have completely deferred personnel decisions to Arians and Bowles.

Man…

After all of the

* passive-aggressive implications of “the QB play was the past coach’s fault” and we’re better
      * all of the shine he tried to put on Jameis
      * all of the preseason obfuscation of the TC picks
      * all the in-season blame-deflecting he did
      * and after just 1 single year…

For Arians to say “I’d rather go with Brady as plan A” and especially if Winston isn’t even plan B…

…that just has to be enormously humbling for the QB-whisperer. It takes a lot of grit to swallow all of that and the impact to his legacy and move on.

I’ll believe it when I see it…but if it happens…that is a hell of a thing for many different reasons.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now I really hope Brady comes here to say fuck you, you useless bastard. If he comes here will you just go away to go follow the xfl team jameis is on?

“Damn you, anonymous internet guy, damn you!!”

• welzboy409

Participant

Make this happen give him the offense give him ownership let him make roster decisions

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll believe it when I see it…but if it happens…that is a hell of a thing for many different reasons.

Arians all but said at the end of the year that he doesn’t know how to ‘fix’ Winston. He tried and failed, like so many before, to fix the mistakes. I think this says more bad about Winston than it does about Arians. For it proves that Winston just isn’t coachable, if this great QB guru basically says ‘I give up’.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Arians all but said at the end of the year that he doesn’t know how to ‘fix’ Winston. He tried and failed, like so many before, to fix the mistakes. I think this says more bad about Winston than it does about Arians. For it proves that Winston just isn’t coachable, if this great QB guru basically says ‘I give up’.

Lolz.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Jimbo Fisher
      Dirk Koetter
      Todd Monken
      Bruce Arians

Those are some pretty good QB/offensive guys. Jameis Winston is who he is. Arians had to eat all the b/s he spewed last offseason.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Its one of those believe it when I see it but it’s a fun rumor.

• seekpar

Participant

If Brady comes to Tampa, what number will Godwin have? TB12 will not very likely wear any other number than 12.

• Ja’crispy

Participant

I would be so excited of this happens. Brady could really take us to the next level. Winning season, playoffs, more primetime games. Go get him Bruce!

• KyBucfan51

Participant

When the Bucs say they are all in it’s usually true. Signing Brady would really help this team build the next 2 years.

• knucknbuc

Participant

Any fan of the bucs that says they wouldvrather keep winston quite frankly isnt a fan of the bucs at all imo… how could you be anything but ecstatic this is even a remote possibility make it happen bucs. if freaking tom brady comes here and the bucs dont at the least make the playoffs – there is something fundamentally wrong with this organization and they have to burn it down start all over.

• JamesButabi

Participant

I live in New England so I am exposed to just about every game. I am going by the eye test in his natural abilities, accuracy, velocity, pocket presence, decision making, etc. I don’t know if you’ve watched him for the past decade or are surrounded by fans and media constantly, but it was clearly noticeable. Guy can still play and play well. I however, personally don’t want to be the team that supports this move. I see it coinciding with a massive $ amount that will greatly reduce team depth / talent at other positions. There is also the increasing diva mentality, self image promotion, new movie studio, Guerrero BS, lessening his roles in team development, etc. Add in the question of physical decline and his ability to elevate others as a result. If you think we can put together a complete defense and running game down 25 – 30 million and x amount of guaranteed years, then so be it. I don’t think we can, and I think that is what TB12 needs for any type of swansong.

Other stats from 2019.
      – 3rd Lowest completion % in his career. 31st league wide
      – 3rd lowest TD total
      – 2nd lowest yards per attempt – 31st league wide
      – lowest QBR by 10 points – 22nd league wide
      – Lowest PFF rating in 11 years – Lowest PFF passing grade since 06
      – Highest average time to throw in >10 years.

TLDR – TB can still ball. Tampa would be a terrible fit because he needs a complete team surrounding him to succeed and you cant do that with someone who wants to break the bank and control everything.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There isn’t a more complete offense Brady could go to, we’re it.

Look at our offense…
      Stud WR(s)
      Stud TE(s)
      Strong Oline
      Good RB

Only piece missing is QB.

• 3rd String Kicker

I think we have a good offense for Tom, but I’d stop short of advertising our running backs and offensive line. Plenty of time in the off-season to make some changes, but as is, leave those off the “Come to Tampa” brochure.

• Anonymous

Inactive

our Oline is more than good enough, and should be advertised, frankly.

You don’t have the leagues #1 passing attack if the oline isnt good.

Hey, if tommy wants a 1300 yard running back so badly then he can go to Tennessee…

But if he wants to be in total control, like complete utter control (like he claims) then we’re clearly the perfect fit for him.

Everything’s in place already, tip your hat to Jason Licht for building a pretty dam good team around the QB.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

our Oline is more than good enough, and should be advertised, frankly.

You don’t have the leagues #1 passing attack if the oline isnt good.

Hey, if tommy wants a 1300 yard running back so badly then he can go to Tennessee…

But if he wants to be in total control, like complete utter control (like he claims) then we’re clearly the perfect fit for him.

Everything’s in place already, tip your hat to Jason Licht for building a pretty dam good team around the QB.

Some of the posters here will say JL had nothing to do with the way this team has been assembled lol… listen, I’m not saying JL is the greatest GM of all times but the has made some bad moves/picks and also good ones… I just don’t think it’s fair how most here kill him when the “TEAM!” Drafts a player who’s a bust but don’t give him any credit when x player turns out good or even a NFL caliber player..I think for what it’s worth he’s done a good job here.

• BucHarbour

Participant

I could certainly see the Bucs going all-in to get Brady. The Glazers would be ecstatic, especially since the seats would be full, especially with all the New England transplants from that area that forgets it’s car and not kaa. As far as arm strength, just watched a few videos and, other than a few shaky passes, most of his passes looked crisp, with some being darts, and others thrown with touch. I also saw 5 passes that were strong throws with the ball in the air for 30+ yards, including a 51 yard bomb on a rope, perfectly leading Dorsett for a TD. Not really seeing the noodle arm. Saw at least a dozen throws in the 20-30 range that were ropes as well.

If he came here, Evans and Godwin would be one of the best receiver combos he’s had. Last season, I think the only 1000+ yard receiver he had was Edelman (might be missing someone, as I don’t follow them). How anyone can think he would be bad here…just not seeing it. He may have had an off year last year, but he still threw for 4000+ yards, 24 TD’s, and only 8 picks. Probably would have put the Bucs in the playoffs this past season if Winston had those numbers. So bring him on. Just draft his replacement this year, please.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn’t have Randy Moss. But he does have a plethora of receiving targets.

And he doesn’t miss often. Winston may have hit targets, but guys were twisting, reaching for errant passes that looked fairly easy to complete, and his deep ball while improved is still flawed. Winston is not an accurate passer, his motion is funky at times, and he seems to lack touch and quickness with his release.

That said, Brady isn’t coming to Tampa, and personally I hope they let Winston go. He gives away games. And will keep doing it because he coaches himself.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There has been no real discussion at OBP regarding Tom Brady coming here. None.

Rick Stroud is an irresponsible lout, and he should be ashamed of himself for even putting that headline out there. Can’t say I am surprised though.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

The Titans are still talking about tagging Henry or giving him an extension. Does that mean if they fail to tag Henry they are going to tag him? What if Tannehill chooses to sign elsewhere once he hits the market?

Wouldn’t that force the Titans to enter the Brady sweepstakes?

Also, what if the Patriots sign Eric Ebron before free agency begins and trades for a WR?

Would that bring Brady back?

And don’t forget the Chargers who have one of the most talented teams in all of the NFL hands down.

My gut feeling is that the Bucs want to re-sign their defensive players and signing Brady is going to prevent most of that.

I can see ownership wanting to sell tickets but what is the price long term?

For Brady to come here means the Bucs are going to generate additional draft choices by trading players away for young talent to fill other holes on the team (eg OL, DL, LB).

Build the trenches!

• Wutt

Participant

There has been no real discussion at OBP regarding Tom Brady coming here. None.

Rick Stroud is an irresponsible lout, and he should be ashamed of himself for even putting that headline out there. Can’t say I am surprised though.

It has been reported by multiple sources including ESPN, once again you are a blubbering idiot.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Actually, “reported by a lot of sources” doesn’t make it true.

How many report something just to show they are “current”– only repeating the latest chatter…

• Anonymous

Inactive

100 percent. Arians mention of Brady is all smoke. The Glazers aren’t going with another QB. All of this stuff is laughable.

• BucBalla85

Participant

100 percent. Arians mention of Brady is all smoke. The Glazers aren’t going with another QB. All of this stuff is laughable.

Its laughable in the sense that this has low chance of happening. Its not laughable in the sense that if Tampa Bay could get Tom Brady over Jameis Winston then they most definitely would. Youd have to be a delusional Winston fan to think we would choose Winston over the goat…

• seekpar

Participant

Anyone who states the Bucs have a strong Oline and good RB must not have been tuning in to the Bucs games during 2019. Lameis Jameis was running for his life half the time he was back to throw. Poor running game no matter which RB was getting the ball. And let’s not forget all those false starts and holding penalties. Both areas in need of improvement in 2020 along with the QB position. Stud WRs yes. Stud TEs underused and unproven in Arians’ offense.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Patriots oline had issues last year.

Both Winston and Brady had nearly the same time to throw numbers according to next gen stats. Bucs offensive line is not as bad as it seems although an upgrade at RT is a must IMO.

Build the trenches!

• Pennywise

Participant

• Biggs3535

Participant

lolz @ Sam Bradford’s knees

• BucBalla85

Participant

Thats hilarious lol!

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Flacos Passion bwaaaaahahahhahahahhahaha

• Anonymous

Inactive

Flacos Passion bwaaaaahahahhahahahhahaha

How was that not Jay Cutler… He’s the biggest DGAF QB I’ve ever seen.

• Trask Force

Participant

What about Gus Frerottes neck?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or his forehead.

What about Jamarcus Russell’s chain? Mike Vick’s sense of morality (or Big Ben’s)? Chris Simm’s spleen? Chad Pennington’s shoulder? Johnny Manziel’s commitment?

What about Gus Frerottes neck?

• Gareth

Participant

Man if we can swing Brady I feel like our offense would look alot like the start of last year with fitz before the magic ran out.

• Pennywise

Participant

Per a ESPN reporter

The Titans are not interested in Tom Brady, they are working hard to get a deal done with Ryan Tannehill per sources

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Brady will be back in NE just like he always was going to.

• Pennywise

Participant

Per schefter

Titans and Ryan Tannehill are now on the verge of a new multi-year extension that would prevent Tennessee from using its franchise tag on the quarterback and keep him as the team’s starter moving forward, per sources.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

So one of our main Brady competitors is out. Interesting. Still not buying it, but I can dream!

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Anyone who states the Bucs have a strong Oline and good RB must not have been tuning in to the Bucs games during 2019. Lameis Jameis was running for his life half the time he was back to throw. Poor running game no matter which RB was getting the ball. And let’s not forget all those false starts and holding penalties. Both areas in need of improvement in 2020 along with the QB position. Stud WRs yes. Stud TEs underused and unproven in Arians’ offense.

One thing to keep in mind, when judging our offensive line, Winston over the last 5 years has been in the top 5 in time to throw the ball. Meaning, he holds the ball too long. That’s not the OLine’s fault, that’s his poor decision making. Now, I’m not saying the line is great, but I think it’s better than what people give it credit for and that a good QB makes them better… and a great QB would make them even better. Better to the point to where only a minor upgrade is needed and not virtually an entire overhaul.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

• TCB2W!

Participant

I’m glad I’m not the only one who saw this. You think maybe the Patriots saw this as well?

And finally, a thanks to Jaboo. Licht couldn’t have done it without you. I would quote some of your great observations on Brady, but you changed your name to theknees.

There you have it, guys.

Brady to Tampa is a done deal, thanks Jabboo.

• Charles

Participant

This team is a loser without Brady.

He is coach, GM, OC, water boy…Brady is the Bucs.

Period.

Enjoy it while it is here because this team is going to suck out loud when he retires.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Listen to this joke. Like I said, he’s dumb AF, and I really mean that.

Viewing 74 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.