Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• casren

Participant

ABSOLUTELY nothing. Because Licht sucks. No imagination. No charisma to attract FA’s. He is just so blahhhhhhhhhhhh.

So many things we ought to be considering and/or doing… that he won’t do, for whatever reason. Once you accept that we are truly a terrible team, then you realize that there are virtually no sacred cows. WE ARE SO BAD, THAT IT IS TIME TO TRULY REBUILD… and that is amazing, because somehow Licht is still here. He now is tasked with rebuilding a team that he created. How to I get that gig? How do I get a job where I run a company into the ground and then am charged with the task of rebuilding it? Freaking nuts.

We aren’t a player or two away from being good. We are missing 2 offensive lineman, 2 starting CB’s, 1 starting safety, 1 starting RB, and 3 starting defensive linemen. Freaking think about that for a moment. We are missing 9 starters. 9. In other words, as will currently stand, we do not have play-off caliber players to fill 9 spots. No other team in the league can boast worse roster management. I can’t believe you guys haven’t been losing your mind over this. Licht is just so awful as a GM. He might be slightly (an I mean slightly) above average as a college evaluator, but he has no clue how to bring in the right FA’s and make good trades.

Everything should be on the table, and trades should be made. Here are some “crazy trade ideas” that Licht won’t do, or get done – but the Eagle, Pats, and Seattle do routinely:

1). Move to the 3-4. This at least brings our need for d-linemen down to 2 starters, rather than 3.

2). Trade Alexander. Yes, he is good… which is why we should be able to get something good in return for him. If we move to a 3-4, we would want to trade him or David. The scheme doesn’t perfectly lend itself to 2 small LB’s – especially at the price Alexander thinks he is worth. Beckwith, David, Spence, and any number of draft picks or even FA LB’s would fit well at a cheaper price.

3). Trade D. Jax. This is so a no-brainer. I mean, he is worth some real value to someone, and we can get something good in return. We don’t need him.

4). Trade first round pick… for draft picks and/or players. We are so awful that 1 draft pick is not going to help us. If we can somehow parlay that one pick into something more than 1 starter, it would help.

5) Trade Brate. We spent a 1st round pick on Howard, so paying Brate what he is worth next year would be a terrible investment.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

^ This right here, would be moves made by a GM that’s worse than Licht, as hard as that is.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

So let me get this straight. you want to fire our GM because he doesn’t trade for older players that are expensive and passed their prime and you want to trade some of our best players? Great plan I cant believe I didn’t think of that. You just locked up the number one overall pick in the 2019 draft!

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

I haven’t asked for us to trade for old players. Not once. NE regularly trades away players that are in their prime, because they have noticed that younger players are capable replacements. That how you get good stuff back in trades.

Please wait…

• BucD

Participant

It’s fun (/blue font) when fans call Licht out for this and that and then provide their “plan” which includes trading away the few stars that we have (thus creating another hole) in a weird, twisted attempt to fill the current holes on the roster.

I don’t give a shit how much “charisma” a GM has. Players aren’t dumb. Sure, they would love a max contract, but a vast majority of them want to win. Let’s take a quick peek at this team, shall we?

Star QB, but could be facing suspension next season

Defense (outside the LB group and GMac) is in utter shambles

OL needs another guard and center. Oh yeah, they also have a rising star at guard and have the GENIUS idea to move him to another position! Fucking genius! (That’s sarcasm. They are stupid. Infuriatingly stupid)

Literally no RB. I like Barber, but he’s strictly a complimentary guy, IMO.

A HC and a GM on their last leg.

…man…I don’t know about you guys, but that sounds intriguing to me as a player! Lol

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Let me say it another way… whose fault is it that we need 10 starters (including PK)?

And… if NE had our roster, what would they do? Would they sit pat or make some bold trades?

If the goal is to build through the draft, then lets trade unnecessary assets to get higher draft picks.

If the goal is to get better via FA or trades, then let’s trade draft pick/s for players.

Please wait…

• ryan24

Participant

Let me say it another way

The best move for you would be to stop saying anything.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Dumb.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Good teams are not built through trades. They are built through the draft. and the GM that you want to fire has been a really good job at drafting good players.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Unnecessary assets don’t get traded for higher draft picks, they get released. Your logic makes no sense.

Please wait…

• xistand4thisx

Participant

Calm down, let FA and the draft play out before this type of meltdown.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

The OP received 20+ down-votes, and not a single up-vote, in two hours? Holy shizzle…

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

LOL. I know I have been annoying. Sorry guys. I am honestly shocked that very few of you have been able to admit to yourselves that Licht is a real problem. He is much more of a problem than I realized until yesterday, when I began seeing how weak our roster really is. We need 10 starters. Does anyone dispute that? And, Licht is in charge of the roster. Crazy.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Who let this guy in?

Please wait…

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Charisma from a gm to bring in players?
      Why would any player give a shit about the gms charisma. They care about his offer and the coaches charisma.
      That we are lacking but nobody gives a shot about the gms charisma,,,,, what a stupid comment

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Casren
      Mar 10, 18 at 9:53 am #1066384
      ABSOLUTELY nothing. Because Licht sucks. No imagination. No charisma to attract FA’s. He is just so blahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Rate this item:Submit Rating0-29
      Rating: -29. From 29 votes.

———–

wow, as a recipient of a lot of thumbs downs myself, I do believe you’ve just authored the worst rated post in the history of the message board….congrats

Please wait…

• SunnyD

Participant

Op is a ninny

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Last year at this same moment so many of you were saying, “Just wait and see… don’t jump the gun…” Go back and read your own non-sense.

The very fact that you hate this post makes me feel better about my opinion. Your opinions have proven to be false. Go back and read them from a year ago. Then go back to a year before that.

How many of you loved the Jackson signing? Foolish.

How many of you loved the Sweezy signing? Foolish.

Licht is awful, and its just too bad you can’t see it.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Morgan
      Mar 10, 18 at 2:02 pm #1066478
      Casren
      Mar 10, 18 at 9:53 am #1066384

Rate this item:Submit Rating0-29
      Rating: -29. From 29 votes.

———–

wow, as a recipient of a lot of thumbs downs myself, I do believe you’ve just authored the worst rated post in the history of the message board….congrats
      ===================

Its getting close, but some guy here, I forget who, proposed trading Winston and signing Drew Brees. That gem went into the mid thirties with thumbs down.

Please wait…

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

Retard post of the year

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Ja’crispy
      Mar 10, 18 at 10:37 am #1066398
      Good teams are not built through trades. They are built through the draft. and the GM that you want to fire has been a really good job at drafting good players.

=======================================

Define “…built through the draft”? I’ve looked into this and find a variety of opinions. I’ve seen one article posted, judging drafts from 2010-2015 and found that the Eagles and Patriots ranked in the bottom 8. I saw another one that showed both teams being built on 45% +/- drafted players, with starters being around that number as well. I’ve seen the flip side to that too. What’s your criteria on judging drafts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

60 thumbs down….PR ought to have a rule – you get suspended for awhile for more than 50.

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

Not trading for Robert Quinn will be brought up again during the season. It was an absolute perfect fit.

Please wait…

• BucfanNC12

Participant

This team has a history of little activity in free agency with multiple GMs. Connecting the dots should tell people this issue goes up to the owners.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

I’m no Licht defender but, it takes two to tango. There is no indication in any of these moves that Tampa was even a part of the discussion. This can be for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is the player and the agent are not interested in Tampa, for whatever reason.

Please wait…

• Jed

Participant

JC5100
      Mar 11, 18 at 4:53 pm #1066615
      Not trading for Robert Quinn will be brought up again during the season. It was an absolute perfect fit.

I’m sure the Glazers are watching. Let’s see what happens after FA and the draft. One would only hope our GM has a master plan.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

There is no indication in any of these moves that Tampa was even a part of the discussion.

Other than multiple sources and outlets that reported they were…

Please wait…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

I generally agree with the theme that the OP is stating:
      This is the most lackluster pre-Free Agency period in the 9 year post-Gruden era.

Anyone who can construe that into being a good thing is wearing rosie’s glasses…

IMO, folks around the league correctly see “our team” as Big on Talk, Small on Delivery

Please wait…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Ron Burgandy: “Crown us??”

Please wait…

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

Well top corners are gone. Guess we are stuck with Vernon and Conte starting. Just trade the draft for Chubb. Can’t trust Licht to draft well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs usually sign at least one top free agent.

Please wait…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Beau Allen!

Might as well been Bea Arthur!!

“CROWN US B###HES !!!”

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.