Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

It is simple really…if some teams have downgraded Teddy because of his size then that is their loss.  Take Teddy Bridgewater @7 and laugh all the way to the bank.  Teddy Bridgewater is everything you want in an NFL level passer and he has the mobility to make plays out of the pocket if need be.  Newton, Brees, Ryan...Bucs will need a QB like Teddy to compete in the NFCS division.It would also send a bold statement that Lovie is back with new ideas and willing to try something new instead of falling with what he is familiar with. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he’s there at 7 I will be disappointed if we don’t take him

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only reason I would pass would be if Watkins was still there, which is very doubtful. I’d be all for Teddy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It isn’t that simple.  Watch how Tedwater throws.  You’ll see a lot of floaters.  When he’s “on”, it’s intermediate stuff.  IMO, the receivers on this team don’t match his “on”.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is simple really...if some teams have downgraded Teddy because of his size then that is their loss.  Take Teddy Bridgewater @7 and laugh all the way to the bank.  Teddy Bridgewater is everything you want in an NFL level passer and he has the mobility to make plays out of the pocket if need be.  Newton, Brees, Ryan...Bucs will need a QB like Teddy to compete in the NFCS division.It would also send a bold statement that Lovie is back with new ideas and willing to try something new instead of falling with what he is familiar with.

Have you REALLY watched him play?  I watched every single game last year and nothing about him says 'franchise'.  Nice story, good kid, decent ability, just not 'franchise'.  That being said not sure if anyone out of this class is, but other seem to have much more potential of being the guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude has the best touch pass of most of the college QB’s I’ve seen in years.  For every ‘floater’ there are 10+ iced ropes leading a receiver open and / or on target.2011 - rating 132.4/ Comp % 64.52012 - rating 160.5/ Comp % 68.52013 - rating 169.7/ Comp % 71.02 bowl appearances where he carried his underdog team to victoryHe's done nothing but get better... in a pro style offense.Dude might not be the most socially adept 21 year old person on the planet, but when the subject is football he is a savant well beyond his years.  He is pro - ready (and doesn't have to start right away.)JMO - If he's on the board at 7, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are IDIOTS if they don't make him the selection.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is simple really...if some teams have downgraded Teddy because of his size then that is their loss.  Take Teddy Bridgewater @7 and laugh all the way to the bank.  Teddy Bridgewater is everything you want in an NFL level passer and he has the mobility to make plays out of the pocket if need be.  Newton, Brees, Ryan...Bucs will need a QB like Teddy to compete in the NFCS division.It would also send a bold statement that Lovie is back with new ideas and willing to try something new instead of falling with what he is familiar with.

Have you REALLY watched him play?  I watched every single game last year and nothing about him says 'franchise'.  Nice story, good kid, decent ability, just not 'franchise'.  That being said not sure if anyone out of this class is, but other seem to have much more potential of being the guy.

Then besides Manziel maybe, no QB in the draft is a franchise QB. Because Bridgewater is easily a better passer than Bortles, Carr, Mettenberger, Boyd, Savage, etc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude has the best touch pass of most of the college QB's I've seen in years.  For every 'floater' there are 10+ iced ropes leading a receiver open and / or on target.2011 - rating 132.4/ Comp % 64.52012 - rating 160.5/ Comp % 68.52013 - rating 169.7/ Comp % 71.02 bowl appearances where he carried his underdog team to victoryHe's done nothing but get better... in a pro style offense.Dude might not be the most socially adept 21 year old person on the planet, but when the subject is football he is a savant well beyond his years.  He is pro - ready (and doesn't have to start right away.)JMO - If he's on the board at 7, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are IDIOTS if they don't make him the selection.

I honestly think everything thats going on in the media is all BS. I never expected Bridgewater to be there at 7, and I still dont expect it. After Luck, Bridgewater is as good of a passing QB prospect as it gets.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gonna be a lot of hurt feelings on this board come May 8th. There are concerns with every QB in this draft. It will boil down to which concern L&L can live with the most. Teddy? Carr? Manziel? Who knows. All I know, is no matter who we take at 7, there's gonna be some drama on the bulliten boards. Quite frankly, I almost as excited about witnessing the meltdowns as I am the draft itself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unfortunately -I agree Pepsi.  All I got left is hope.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater is going to fall in the draft and I see why. He has no arm, all his passes are floaters. He is pencil thin, and his mobility is probably subpar at best. I have listened and read here how much people like this guy, I don’t get it. He had a good season but look at the schedule he played?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is teddy bridgewater comparable to kellen moore?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I have learned anything about QB’s, it is never draft the 3rd best. Only two have been successful in the past 14 years, I view tannehill as tbd.  Conversely, 10 of the last 14 top QB’s selected are NFL starter with 6 being franchise QB’s.  Of the second QB selected, 5 are franchise QB’s.  My point is, if we draft a QB, we need to go get the top one on our board. Here is the list of the 3rd QB selected:2013- mike Glennon 2012- Ryan tannehill2011- Blaine grabbert2010- jimmy clauseson2009- josh Freeman 2008- Brian brohm2007- Kevin kolb2006- jay cutler2005- jason campbell2004- Ben rothlesberger2003- Kyle bohler2002- Patrick Ramsey 2001- Quincy carter 2000- Chris redmen

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he's there at 7 I will be disappointed if we don't take him

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly who Teddy Bridgewater is.  He's a solid backup maybe, if he doesn't get disgruntled and quit. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It continues to astound me how TB was THE guy to have during the 2012 and 2013 college seasons because of the great things he did as a traditional QB, and now that the season of over-analysis has commenced, he’s Kellen Moore?    Seriously.To each his own.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It continues to astound me how TB was THE guy to have during the 2012 and 2013 college seasons because of the great things he did as a traditional QB, and now that the season of over-analysis has commenced, he's Kellen Moore?    Seriously.To each his own.

He was in 2012.  Not so much in 2013.See Matt Lineart.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lineart Focus – Hot Tubs and BabesBridgewater Focus - NFL :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…or momma…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's funny. I watched every game and everything about him screams franchise. Let me guess, you like JFF right?Here's some red board logic. Downgrade Teddy because he's small, elevate Manziel because he can dunk, although he can't really throw all that well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will say this much for the kid.1. He has a very good throwing motion. Compact, quick, and it flows all the way through.2. He has good accuracy. Not great, but good. In some plays he threads the needle.When you see him throw, that's what you should see. However, for those things he's great at, he also has some flaws. For whatever reason, he comes off as being very slow witted both on the field and off. When he talks with gruden, he didn't seem like he had an actual answer, giving a stuttering "yes sir" to every question. And then you have media outlets suggesting he did very bad job with interviews, and, when he was actually playing the game, he was looking towards the sidelines much too often to get the call, as if he didn't know what was next.If there is any problem with the kid, it's mental. But physically, the kid has all the tools to be a good qb. Will you get another "freeman like player," or will he be a rodgers or an eli? I think that's the question for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bench…  Watch Game Changers on NFL Network (QB’s)  Football lights this guy up. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teddy Bridgewater is Willie Beamen….WTF?http://nesn.com/2014/04/afc-coach-teddy-bridgewater-is-willie-beamen-from-any-given-sunday/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's funny. I watched every game and everything about him screams franchise. Let me guess, you like JFF right?Here's some red board logic. Downgrade Teddy because he's small, elevate Manziel because he can dunk, although he can't really throw all that well.

Nope, don't like JFF.  I don't really like any of the QBs.  I like Bortles potential but he isn't ready to go day one (which would actually put him in a good situation here).  Some of the later round quarterbacks intrigue me as much as the top 3 do...which says something.  I would pass on QB in round 1. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jamie Foxx as “Steamin” Willie Beamen: The third-string quarterback. He takes over as starter after injuries to Rooney and the backup quarterback. Though surprisingly successful, Beamen causes tension among staff and teammates. He frequently changes the plays the coach calls, or just calls his own. He begins a singing career and even asks owner Pagniacci for a date when she enters a postgame locker room full of naked or partly dressed players like himself. Beamen later matures and is inspired by “Cap” Rooney’s gutsy performance in the Sharks’ first playoff game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It continues to astound me how TB was THE guy to have during the 2012 and 2013 college seasons because of the great things he did as a traditional QB, and now that the season of over-analysis has commenced, he's Kellen Moore?    Seriously.To each his own.

Yup. Dude has everything you want in a QB. The arm strength concerns are being overblown. Even Greg Cosell(who has been one of Teddy's loudest critics) has stated that while Bridgewater may not have the strongest arm in the draft, he does feel that he can make all the necessary throws. It will be less of a concern if he is drafted and is shelved for a season/half a season. Tedford probably has some claim to the arm strength of Aaron Rodgers. Get Teddy into OBP. Get his strength up, and improve his technique. Arm strength isn't something that is locked in place like height or hand size. It will improve.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly who Teddy Bridgewater is.  He's a solid backup maybe, if he doesn't get disgruntled and quit.

This couldn't be more wrong.  Kellen Moore played in a system that hid the QB's weaknesses...quick reads, short passes, built on the back of a strong running game.  TB was running a pro-style offense, making pro reads, using his eyes to manipulate coverages.  This dude is Aaron Rodgers, let's hope we get it right this time around

Please wait…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.