Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• buc-in-out

Participant

Anyone remember this random defensive end looking like JJ Watt all of the 4th Quarter? I couldn’t believe how much pressure he was getting on Jameis..

Well, he got suspended 4 games for PEDs today. Not really shocking, he probably cost us the game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000810524/article/david-irving-facing-fourgame-suspension-for-peds

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

Anyone remember this random defensive end looking like JJ Watt all of the 4th Quarter? I couldn’t believe how much pressure he was getting on Jameis.. Well, he got suspended 4 games for PEDs today. Not really shocking, he probably cost us the game. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000810524/article/david-irving-facing-fourgame-suspension-for-peds

Goz Cherilus cost us that game. He was a human turnstile out there. Good riddance!

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yea I doubt the reason why he went wild on us was cuz PEDs.. it have more to do with our below average RT trying to block him that day.. god cherilus sucks..</p>

• delgreco

Participant

Man…I just watched that game the other day. We had those cowboys.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Yep. That was our playoff game and we came up short. Re-watching the Oakland game, and the Ram game will make you queasy as well. Hopefully we will add some weapons this off-season where we can stretch the field and add some depth.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• BucsBay

Participant

Yep. That was our playoff game and we came up short. Re-watching the Oakland game, and the Ram game will make you queasy as well. Hopefully we will add some weapons this off-season where we can stretch the field and add some depth.

That Rams game was the worst because it took so long to get to such a disappointing result. Things worked out for the best though imo, because if we did make it to the playoffs, we weren’t really going to contend. It looks like we’ll be a much better team this year.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

That Rams game was the worst because it took so long to get to such a disappointing result. Things worked out for the best though imo, because if we did make it to the playoffs, we weren’t really going to contend. It looks like we’ll be a much better team this year.

On May 23rd, in the following off-season, I don’t disagree. I would rather make with some bravado and a real chance at a run, then to whimper in and get beat by, say, the Lions in the first round. I really hope this OJ Howard is as good as advertised….

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Cerious

Participant

Making the playoffs would have done wonders for the team, fans and community. With a team as young as this there is no reason to be upset about a wildcard playoff loss. It would have given, ” them a taste of da glory” and really given them a push towards a no nonsense offseason of training and preparation.

That damn Irvin cost us in the end. They brought him on with fresh legs in the fourth quarter and he was taking PEDs? Shoot, Chester didn’t have a chance, what back up RT would have to be honest?

• Cerious

Participant

Seriously though, there was no pressure to make the playoffs last year. Getting in would have been great because it wasn’t expected, like a gift out of the blue. Barely missing the playoffs makes the pressure to get into the postseason this year exponentially greater. Imagine what will happen if we don’t get in this year! Truthfully this season is supposed to be Koetter second year, the players second year in the new defensive system, we should be expecting improvement but not necessarily a deep playoff run. We’ll see how it goes, but this team was an overachiever last year.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Seriously though, there was no pressure to make the playoffs last year. Getting in would have been great because it wasn’t expected, like a gift out of the blue. Barely missing the playoffs makes the pressure to get into the postseason this year exponentially greater. Imagine what will happen if we don’t get in this year! Truthfully this season is supposed to be Koetter second year, the players second year in the new defensive system, we should be expecting improvement but not necessarily a deep playoff run. We’ll see how it goes, but this team was an overachiever last year.

Yep. OJ Howard and Desean Jackson will determine if we improve this year on offense. I really hope Howard is rhyme ready day one, I know it’s a lot to ask but someone coming from Bama should be as close to pro ready as anyone should be.

• Swillyboy15

Participant

I remember on the drive before that game ending series (where Goz was still on the field) Jameis overthrew Mike deep down the left side and Mike was running wide open… shoulda, coulda, woulda I guess. Wester came in on the very last series and at least gave Jameis half a second against Irving.

That game showed me that Jameis will always keep this team in the game. They got up 3 early and in the blink of an eye were down 2 scores. They fought back and had the lead going into the 4th… just didn’t make the play when it counted at the end.

I’ve re-watched every game from last year. In my opinion D. Smith is not as far off as I thought when the season ended.

Hawley was really bad, especially pulling.

I’m glad Bradley Mcdougald is gone. He got roasted often in man coverage.

Lavonte is not very good in coverage. His footwork in space gets him beat often. He takes bad angles from time to time also. I like him but him saying he had the longest “ugly” tape of anyone… I believe it. Hopefully he plays downhill most of the time this year.

He and Kwon both miss a lot of tackles. That can’t happen from your LB position.

Noah Spence was really coming on mid season.

Peyton Barber usually always fell forward and ran through contact rather well. Unless he plays FB I don’t think he’ll make the team with the RB drafted.

When Jameis is on, he’s deadly accurate. If he could just channel that at all times.

Marpet is better than I thought he was, especially in tight spaces so the move to center “should” elevate his play.

• Havok904

Participant

I remember on the drive before that game ending series (where Goz was still on the field) Jameis overthrew Mike deep down the left side and Mike was running wide open… shoulda, coulda, woulda I guess. Wester came in on the very last series and at least gave Jameis half a second against Irving. That game showed me that Jameis will always keep this team in the game. They got up 3 early and in the blink of an eye were down 2 scores. They fought back and had the lead going into the 4th… just didn’t make the play when it counted at the end. I’ve re-watched every game from last year. In my opinion D. Smith is not as far off as I thought when the season ended. Hawley was really bad, especially pulling. I’m glad Bradley Mcdougald is gone. He got roasted often in man coverage. Lavonte is not very good in coverage. His footwork in space gets him beat often. He takes bad angles from time to time also. I like him but him saying he had the longest “ugly” tape of anyone… I believe it. Hopefully he plays downhill most of the time this year. He and Kwon both miss a lot of tackles. That can’t happen from your LB position. Noah Spence was really coming on mid season. Peyton Barber usually always fell forward and ran through contact rather well. Unless he plays FB I don’t think he’ll make the team with the RB drafted. When Jameis is on, he’s deadly accurate. If he could just channel that at all times. Marpet is better than I thought he was, especially in tight spaces so the move to center “should” elevate his play.

Some Good Takes

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.