Viewing 144 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJack55

Participant

Khaseem GreenLarry DeanDa'quan BowersConnor BarthBrandon DixonSeth LobatoKenny Bell (IR)Patrick Murray (IR)Patrick OmamehTavarres King Chris HackettCaushaud "Cash" LyonsIsaiah FreyDonteea DyeJosh KeyesJude Adjei-BarimahRyan DelaireKaelin ClayGarrett Gilkey (IR)Larry English (IR)Edawn CoughmanLawrence SidburyKadeem EdwardsCam BrateRannell HallReid FragelJason WilliamsDemar Dotson (IR-DR)

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 8m8 minutes agoDespite 98-yard INT return for TD last night, linebacker Khaseem Greene will be among Bucs' cuts today. Could be claimed by another team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#s game for him. He looked lost most of the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But he went to Rutgers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to Rick Stroud, Buccaneers WR Kenny Bell’s hamstring injury is severe enough that he could be placed on season-ending injured reserve.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aaron Wilson ?@AaronWilson_NFL 19m19 minutes agoBuccaneers cut Larry Dean, according to a source

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Dean and Greene don’t make the final 53 it means the Bucs are going to claim a LB from the waiver wire.  DavidAlexanderLansanahCarterWilliams

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Garafolo ?@MikeGarafolo 2m2 minutes agoBuccaneers will waive DE Da'Quan Bowers today, despite a sack and five tackles in last night's game

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Garafolo ?@MikeGarafolo 2m2 minutes agoBuccaneers will waive DE Da'Quan Bowers today, despite a sack and five tackles in last night's game

That isn't a surprise.His sack came against a bunch of third stringers and he was celebrating like he won the super bowl.  SMH.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That isn't a surprise.His sack came against a bunch of third stringers and he was celebrating like he won the super bowl.  SMH.

Pretty sure even Da'Quan saw it coming...he tweeted "Putting on the pads one more time with my boys" (paraphrased)...he knew he was going and that is probably why he celebrated like a teenage boy in his first HS game.His career is O.V.E.R.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don’t get it.  Bucs have the worst DE unit in the game and Bowers can’t even present a challenge. So much wasted talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When is the deadline to make 53 ? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t believe Bowers being cut is official yet, I think it’s just a report. Really gonna be keeping my eye out for any intriguing DE's that get cut today. Licht has to take a good look at every one who hits the waiver wire.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When is the deadline to make 53 ?

Saturday, 4PM, Tampa Time...

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Don't believe Bowers being cut is official yet, I think it's just a report. Really gonna be keeping my eye out for any intriguing DE's that get cut today. Licht has to take a good look at every one who hits the waiver wire.

Didn't he tell us that they had a draft like board up and were watching every move. We could use some help in the trenches.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I am noticing this year as opposed to other years, is that L&L are really open about the dogs on this team and the need to cut bait with players that won’t have a snowballs chance in hell contributing this year and beyond. It feels like they ONLY want to invest their time in players that can be brought in, coached up and retained. The philosophy is squarely…Build Through the Draft and sprinkle in those mid tier vets that know the systems to one year prove it deals, effectively becoming placeholders for roster spots until they can draft their replacements. I love it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers is for sure gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers tweeted like he’s been cut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barth cut also.

Please wait…

• bucbach234

Participant

According to Rick Stroud, Buccaneers WR Kenny Bell’s hamstring injury is severe enough that he could be placed on season-ending injured reserve.

This must be a blessing. Disguise for both Kenny Bell and the Bucs because Bell hasn't done much this preseason. Some of it may be chalked up to the injury. Do players have to be on the 53 man final roster before being sent to IR?Now you know if the Bucs are willing to really admit their mistakes, they'll let go of Clay and Sims. Neither seemed to have done anything to prove their worth on the roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not surprised about Bowers, Ronde called it last night. Barth was also a goner because of the blocked FG and the one miss. Surprised that Greene got axed though, thought the interception bought him his ticket. However, it’s not infrequent that a guy gets cut and then signed back before the first game. They are just looking to see who else comes by and giving Greene a chance to catch on somewhere else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do players have to be on the 53 man final roster before being sent to IR?

I don't think so, I think if they are under contract you can put them on IR, but I think I remember that each team has a limited amount of positions on IR. That's why sometimes you see someone released from IR with an injury settlement.Pretty sure Clay is gone, I think the Bucs hang on to Sims but I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on, both James and Rainy look better IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This must be a blessing. Disguise for both Kenny Bell and the Bucs because Bell hasn't done much this preseason. Some of it may be chalked up to the injury. Do players have to be on the 53 man final roster before being sent to IR?Now you know if the Bucs are willing to really admit their mistakes, they'll let go of Clay and Sims. Neither seemed to have done anything to prove their worth on the roster.

This is interesting. I'd be fine with having Bell on IR so no one could snag him off our Practice Squad. This would allow both Humphries and Hall to make the team.WR's: Evans, V-Jax, Murphy, Sheppard, Humphries, HallI think Clay will be put on the practice squad. He's shown nothing as a WR, and hasn't flahsed enough as a return to warrant a roster spot. I wouldn't lose sleep if someone claimed him off of the practice squad.I doubt Sims gets cut. I think he can be a solid gadget player, we just have to get creative and get him some catches out of the backfield. I think we're gonna keep all 4 RB's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs release CB Brandon Dixon. Acquisition of veteran Tim Jennings helped seal his fate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doubt we’re gonna keep any more than 5 CB’s.Verner, Banks, Jennings, Moore, Jenkins is a very good group with depth, IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lobato is officially gone. To my count, we have 16 more to go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I am noticing this year as opposed to other years, is that L&L are really open about the dogs on this team and the need to cut bait with players that won't have a snowballs chance in hell contributing this year and beyond. It feels like they ONLY want to invest their time in players that can be brought in, coached up and retained. The philosophy is squarely...Build Through the Draft and sprinkle in those mid tier vets that know the systems to one year prove it deals, effectively becoming placeholders for roster spots until they can draft their replacements. I love it.

Yeah that seems to be the plan.  Licht has the Patriots background where you bargain shop for veterans and then look for gems through the waiver wire and develop drafted players.Lilo are definitely are not going to do what they do year 1 ever again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lobato is officially gone. To my count, we have 16 more to go.

Gonna end up more than 16...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is interesting. I'd be fine with having Bell on IR so no one could snag him off our Practice Squad. This would allow both Humphries and Hall to make the team.WR's: Evans, V-Jax, Murphy, Sheppard, Humphries, HallI think Clay will be put on the practice squad. He's shown nothing as a WR, and hasn't flahsed enough as a return to warrant a roster spot. I wouldn't lose sleep if someone claimed him off of the practice squad.I doubt Sims gets cut. I think he can be a solid gadget player, we just have to get creative and get him some catches out of the backfield. I think we're gonna keep all 4 RB's.

All indications point to the Bucs may be inclined to stash Bell on IR.  Clay on PS with Dye seems very likely.Sims does not have any power or shiftiness to be a traditional HB.  He is going to have to be Koetter's gadget player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As expected, Bucs have waived No. 3 QB Seth Lobato. Likely match for Bucs’ practice squad as Kafka was last year …

Please wait…

• bucbach234

Participant

I definitely see that as the final receiver lineup. Next year I can definitely seeing our receiving corps being super young and potentially talented group with Evans.Bell.Sheppard.Humprhies.Hall

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Do players have to be on the 53 man final roster before being sent to IR?

I don't think so, I think if they are under contract you can put them on IR, but I think I remember that each team has a limited amount of positions on IR. That's why sometimes you see someone released from IR with an injury settlement.Pretty sure Clay is gone, I think the Bucs hang on to Sims but I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on, both James and Rainy look better IMO.

They don't. When they had to cut to 75, the moved Spence to IR / PUP list, and only had to have 14 cuts.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Not surprised about Bowers, Ronde called it last night. Barth was also a goner because of the blocked FG and the one miss. Surprised that Greene got axed though, thought the interception bought him his ticket. However, it's not infrequent that a guy gets cut and then signed back before the first game. They are just looking to see who else comes by and giving Greene a chance to catch on somewhere else.

I'm kind of surprised by Greene as well. I'm not sure he'll be available for us to re-sign him, or move to the practice squad. That INT last night, I would think, will cause someone to pick him up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With injuries I expect to see Murray, English, Gilkey, Bell, Clay, and Fatinikun land on IR meaning they would only need to cut roughly 9 more players. Since the first six have already been axed.Khaseem GreenLarry DeanDa'quan BowersConnor BarthBrandon DixonSeth Lobato

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I am noticing this year as opposed to other years, is that L&L are really open about the dogs on this team and the need to cut bait with players that won't have a snowballs chance in hell contributing this year and beyond. It feels like they ONLY want to invest their time in players that can be brought in, coached up and retained. The philosophy is squarely...Build Through the Draft and sprinkle in those mid tier vets that know the systems to one year prove it deals, effectively becoming placeholders for roster spots until they can draft their replacements. I love it.

Seeing the Licht at last…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bell goes to season-ending IR…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Dean and Greene don't make the final 53 it means the Bucs are going to claim a LB from the waiver wire.  DavidAlexanderLansanahCarterWilliams

Josh Keyes is still on the roster I think.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, but I don’t think Keyes makes it unless they like him for special teams play/future development.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/639918150809702400

Greg Auman[member=23448]gregauman[/member]The Bucs have waived-injured kicker Patrick Murray and waived guard Patrick Omameh, receiver Tavarres King and rookie safety Chris Hackett.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Got around to watching the Bucs/Dolpins preseason this morning . . . i’ll be a little bit surprised if Delaire gets cut; he was responsible for so many plays(including the Kaseem Greene play); plus, he was clearly running on tired legs.  Also, Gholston is too versatilbe; I’d be keeping them unless there’s some waiver pickup that’s better . . .The Wr situation is as usual a close call.  I see that Kenny Bell was put on I.R.  That's solves one problem, two others to go . . .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Khaseem GreenLarry DeanDa'quan BowersConnor BarthBrandon DixonSeth LobatoKenny Bell (IR)Patrick MurrayPatrick OmamehTavarres King Chris Hackett.

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 8m8 minutes agoDespite 98-yard INT return for TD last night, linebacker Khaseem Greene will be among Bucs' cuts today. Could be claimed by another team.

ummm excuse me how in the blue F**K isnt Gilkey the first name on this list?and if it already happaned my apologies..hell his name still should be on theis list

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My surprise pick to make the team . . . Wr Donteea Dye over Humphries . . . and Clay.  Humphries was open because they were covering Dye!Also, will we keep Chris Conte.  I almost feel sorry for him, but, best I can tell, he doesn't tackle; and, I just can't take that! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Khaseem GreenLarry DeanDa'quan BowersConnor BarthBrandon DixonSeth LobatoKenny Bell (IR)Patrick MurrayPatrick OmamehTavarres King Chris Hackett.

ummm excuse me how in the blue F**K isnt Gilkey the first name on this list?and if it already happaned my apologies..hell his name still should be on theis list

Probably waiting on me I results so they can IR him.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

My surprise pick to make the team . . . Wr Donteea Dye over Humphries . . . and Clay.  Humphries was open because they were covering Dye!Also, will we keep Chris Conte.  I almost feel sorry for him, but, best I can tell, he doesn't tackle; and, I just can't take that!

Humphries ain't going nowhere

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Got around to watching the Bucs/Dolpins preseason this morning . . . i'll be a little bit surprised if Delaire gets cut; he was responsible for so many plays(including the Kaseem Greene play); plus, he was clearly running on tired legs.  Also, Gholston is too versatilbe; I'd be keeping them unless there's some waiver pickup that's better . . .The Wr situation is as usual a close call.  I see that Kenny Bell was put on I.R.  That's solves one problem, two others to go . . .

The team may like Delaire as the #4 DE, but they need a #3 that can depend on to step up if Johnson or Smith go down.  I think they hit the waiver wire to find a dependable DE to add to the rotation.I think Gholston makes the team simply because he has outplayed everyone else and he helps with his versatility if there are injuries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree AD, I’m still of the opinion that Delaire will be an eventual roster cut (possibly making the initial 53 but cut before the season starts) and gets added to the practice squad. I definitely think Gholston makes the roster as a swing DL.Today should be an interesting day as teams reluctantly cut the last few players on the roster that they probably attempted to trade last night. I think the Bucs will add one or two OL, at least one DL and frankly I'd cut Sims and look for some better option at RB. Sims hasn't shown me anything in the preseason. I wouldn't be surprised if we grabbed a TE either. I think 3-4 players will be waiver wire pickups before we get to the Titans game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Dean and Greene don't make the final 53 it means the Bucs are going to claim a LB from the waiver wire.  DavidAlexanderLansanahCarterWilliams

Josh Keyes is still on the roster I think.

Mason Foster is available now. He is familiar with our system and could b/u either SLB or MLB…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mason Foster is available now. He is familiar with our system and could b/u either SLB or MLB...

but would he help on ST?  we already have carter and lansanah who can fill the backup roles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably Lansanah is our starting SLB, not a b/u. We could end up with just 5 LBs, as we often only use 2, subbing in an extra CB or S.    Yes, Foster can play STs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 12m12 minutes ago Florida, USABucs are waiving rookie DT Caushaud "Cash" Lyons from Tusculum. Good candidate for practice squad ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 45s45 seconds agoBucs have cut corner Isaiah Frey, per @JosinaAnderson. Didn't look good for him when team moved him from nickel to corner ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 3m3 minutes ago Florida, USABucs have waived undrafted rookie WR Donteea Dye from D-3 Heidelberg. Prime candidate for practice squad after looking sharp in preseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 3m3 minutes ago Florida, USABucs have waived undrafted rookie WR Donteea Dye from D-3 Heidelberg. Prime candidate for practice squad after looking sharp in preseason.

Welcome to the team Adam Humphries !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My surprise pick to make the team . . . Wr Donteea Dye over Humphries . . . and Clay.

No way!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 16s17 seconds ago Florida, USABucs have waived undrafted rookie LB Josh Keyes of Boston College. May only keep five LBs, or address position with a waiver claim.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@NFLSTROUD  5m5 minutes ago#Bucs have released CB Jude Adjei-Barimah, DE Ryan Delaire, DT Caushaud Lyons, WR Donteea Dye and KR Kaelin Clay.Looking good for Humphries and Hall to make the roster. @RCummingsTBO#Bucs G Garrett Gilkey is headed to IR with the left knee injury he suffered in Thursday's final preseason game, per agent

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cam Brate is probably sweating bullets right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Should be interesting to see if we have someone with return ability in mind now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keyes is a PS candidate which would allow the Bucs only needing to keep five on the roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only need to cut 2 more guys. I’m thinking Brate and Edwards. Obviously a few more will be gone too after we hit the waiver wires.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Mason Foster is available now. He is familiar with our system and could b/u either SLB or MLB...

but would he help on ST?  we already have carter and lansanah who can fill the backup roles.

Foster was cut because he couldn't play MLB in our defense. His coverage skills are a liability.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Got around to watching the Bucs/Dolpins preseason this morning . . . i'll be a little bit surprised if Delaire gets cut; he was responsible for so many plays(including the Kaseem Greene play); plus, he was clearly running on tired legs.  Also, Gholston is too versatilbe; I'd be keeping them unless there's some waiver pickup that's better . . .The Wr situation is as usual a close call.  I see that Kenny Bell was put on I.R.  That's solves one problem, two others to go . . .

The team may like Delaire as the #4 DE, but they need a #3 that can depend on to step up if Johnson or Smith go down.  I think they hit the waiver wire to find a dependable DE to add to the rotation.I think Gholston makes the team simply because he has outplayed everyone else and he helps with his versatility if there are injuries.

Gholston is a lock to make the team. Too versatile and he's getting better.Just saw Delaire was released.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a new #3 DE and a new  #4 DE by Sunday.  Delaire is another PS candidate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like Rannell Hall and Humphries makes it out of the three undrafteds.  I liked them all. With the release of Delaire, I have to think they like some De that's been released; should prove interesting.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Can a team make as many waiver claims as they want right now? Or its one and done and then you go to the back of line?

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Looks like Rannell Hall and Humphries makes it out of the three undrafteds.  I liked them all. With the release of Delaire, I have to think they like some De that's been released; should prove interesting.

True. The next few days should be interesting. I'm thinking Front Offices aren't taking labor Day off.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can a team make as many waiver claims as they want right now? Or its one and done and then you go to the back of line?

I'm thinking the Bucs have waiver claim priority through week three . . . that's a lot!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True. The next few days should be interesting. I'm thinking Front Offices aren't taking labor Day off.

;)

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I'm thinking the Bucs have waiver claim priority through week three . . . that's a lot!

thanx i hope they pick up a couple guys. DE and OL would be nice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lb/De Jason Babin is available from the Jets

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he’s antique. And a walking masshole. Everywhere he goes he seems to piss off his coaches and/or teammates. Bad chemistry dude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he's antique. And a walking masshole. Everywhere he goes he seems to piss off his coaches and/or teammates. Bad chemistry dude.

Really?  I didn't know those details about him; never mind!

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

i dont think they snag any senior citizens. young guys that can grow. its not like we are one player away right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is correct.  We have the first choice of as many guys as we are interested in. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

TJ Fatinikun is still on the roster.  I thought he got injured the other day.  TJ and Sidbury aren’t too bad.  I guess we’ll see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is correct.  We have the first choice of as many guys as we are interested in.

a 2nd draft

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Colts release Bjoern Wener we need to hop on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are there restrictions to waiving a player who you claimed off waivers?  Can a team put in a claim, win it, and then waive the player themselves the next day if another waiver they are more interested in becomes available?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are there restrictions to waiving a player who you claimed off waivers?  Can a team put in a claim, win it, and then waive the player themselves the next day if another waiver they are more interested in becomes available?

Pretty sure they can.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUD  26m26 minutes agoBucs have 54 players on the roster officially.  CB Tim Jennings won't count on the limit until he signs how contract tomorrow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Adam CaplanVerified account?@caplannfl#Buccaneers have informed DE Lawrence Sidbury that he will be released, source said.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They must like a DE that’s on waivers more than Sidbury, or possibly a trade in the works?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Stroud is correct, that should bring them down to 53 pending the Jennings contract being signed which I expect has been delayed on purpose.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

They must like a DE that's on waivers more than Sidbury, or possibly a trade in the works?

Could be. I thought Sidbury looked good in pre-season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bjorn Woerner is a German freak athlete. You guys saw plenty of him, no?  I thought he was super raw, and his athletic skills just aren’t translating to the NFL. At all. Worth a look, but he's basically just a name, a name from a respected (at one time) draft slot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Willie Young is available for trade could be a good pass rusher for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bjorn Woerner is a German freak athlete. You guys saw plenty of him, no?  I thought he was super raw, and his athletic skills just aren't translating to the NFL. At all. Worth a look, but he's basically just a name, a name from a respected (at one time) draft slot.

You should read the Indy press and fans on him. He's been awful. On Thursday, he started and played deep into the third and didn't have a tackle, assist, or sack.http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2015/09/03/doyel-why-bjoern-werner-going-make-colts/71584516/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hb Michael Dyer is available.  He could be a good goalline back.  Obviously, by being cut, he doesn’t provide much special teams/or pass blocking skills.And of course, there must be all kinds of guys available that haven't been announced yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to RotoWorld:NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Bears DE/OLB Willie Young is on the trade block.Young recorded 10 sacks for the Bears last season, but he tore his Achilles in Week 16 and is not a great fit in the team's new 3-4 scheme. He would be a great pickup for a 4-3 team. Young will likely be released if the Bears cannot move him.Could be that the Bucs are just waiting for the release, or expect it to happen. Question is if he is healthy.Team:    Chicago BearsAge / DOB:    (29) / 9/19/1985Ht / Wt:    6'4' / 251

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bjoern Werner is a pretty bad fit for the 3-4 D IMO. I think he would be much better at DE here.

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUD  26m26 minutes agoBucs have 54 players on the roster officially.  CB Tim Jennings won't count on the limit until he signs how contract tomorrow.

So who is the odd man out once Jennings signs?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conte and a TE is left to be cutA DE i posted in another thread Nordly Capi off the Jaguars guy played real well during the preseason recorded 3 sacks and 9 tacklesI think he can be strong pickuphttp://www.nfl.com/player/nordlycapi/2553870/gamelogsJaguar fans are a little surprised by the cut

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bjorn Woerner is a German freak athlete. You guys saw plenty of him, no?  I thought he was super raw, and his athletic skills just aren't translating to the NFL. At all. Worth a look, but he's basically just a name, a name from a respected (at one time) draft slot.

He was a 4-3 DE placed into a 3-4 system.Definitely worth a shot from that + draft hype, could be a steal with 0 risk.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joseph Fauria was cut. I liked him coming out of UCLA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conte and a TE is left to be cutA DE i posted in another thread Nordly Capi off the Jaguars guy played real well during the preseason recorded 3 sacks and 9 tacklesI think he can be strong pickuphttp://www.nfl.com/player/nordlycapi/2553870/gamelogsJaguar fans are a little surprised by the cut

I would be surprised if Brate sticks. I assume that once Jennings signs that Brate is gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They kept Wright over Fauria

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wright may be used on gamedays by the Lions because Ebron has been disappointing. Fauria would be a nice pick up and would lessen the sting of losing Wright to the Lions. I am surprised that Edwards and Masifilo made it, but I think one of them goes if there is an OL the Bucs like.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s no “sting” of losing a guy who wouldn’t have made your roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sucks to lose English to IR. Biggest cut to me was K.Greene after a good final preseason showing. Someone mentioned about him not getting a lot of reps but making the most of his opportunities. Hopefully he can catch onto the practice squad if nobody claims him off of waivers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not feeling this “2nd draft” so far…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Peter Schrager ?@PSchrags  16m16 minutes agoComplete waiver wire just got released to teams. They have until 12 Pm EST to put in claims. Buccaneers have first choice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Peter Schrager ?@PSchrags  16m16 minutes agoComplete waiver wire just got released to teams. They have until 12 Pm EST to put in claims. Buccaneers have first choice.

So now the "2nd draft" begins? We have until noon tomorrow to make picks? And I', wondering why all the cuts are not public information now if the deadline was 4pm today.We'll just have to wait and see. Going to be a loooooong week until 4:25 next Sunday afternoon!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How does the  waiver claims work? Is it just like the draft, where the Bucs pick who they want and then rest of teams go before they can claim again?Also,

[member=23448]gregauman[/member]Just to clarify: Bucs didn't put guard Garrett Gilkey on injured reserve. He was waived-injured today ...

Source

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How does the  waiver claims work? Is it just like the draft, where the Bucs pick who they want and then rest of teams go before they can claim again?

No. I don't think so. The way I understand it is, each player passes by each team in the league. In short, the Bucs have the first pass on every player who is on waivers at this time. Assuming they pick a player, my other understanding is that they must immediately release a currently rostered player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be my short list of players that were cut by other teams at current positions of need for the Bucs a G, LB, DE…G Robert MyersG Cyril RichardsonG Tyrus ThompsonG David YankeyG Brandon WashingtonLB Lamin BarrowLB Hayes Pullard IIILB Najee GoodeDE David BassDE Larry WebsterDE Nordly CapiDE Mike CatapanoDE Max Valles

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sucks to lose English to IR. Biggest cut to me was K.Greene after a good final preseason showing. Someone mentioned about him not getting a lot of reps but making the most of his opportunities. Hopefully he can catch onto the practice squad if nobody claims him off of waivers.

Great idea but I dont think Greene is PS eligible. I was a bit surprised they let Delaire go, but he is a developmental player after all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buccaneers    The Buccaneers worked out QB Garrett Gilbert. (Adam Caplan)    Tampa Bay also brought in rookie LB Zack Hodges for a workout as well. (Adam Caplan)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like Isaiah Battle was cut by the Rams. Cost them a 5th. He'd be worth a PS spot.. Unless he totally sucked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not feeling this "2nd draft" so far...

Just have to be patient.  8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buccaneers    Field Yates points out that the Buccaneers will keep the No. 1 waiver priority for the first three weeks of the season, at which point the order will be reset based on team records.    Aaron Wilson reports that the Buccaneers tried out DB Imoan Claiborne, WR Titus Davis, RB Jahwan Edwards, QB Garrett Gilbert, LB Cameron Gordon, LB Zach Hodges, LB Andrew Hudson, LB Quayshawn Nealy, DL Cedric Reed and TE Tyler Ott.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At this point I suspect they are just looking over all talent out there, even for the Practice Squad yet to be formed. Maybe none of these guys will be viewed any better than the 53 we have now…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like Isaiah Battle was cut by the Rams. Cost them a 5th. He'd be worth a PS spot.. Unless he totally sucked.

If we claim on waivers, doesn't he have to go on our 53?  A player has to clear waivers before he can be placed on a practice squad, correct?

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

If we claim on waivers, doesn't he have to go on our 53?  A player has to clear waivers before he can be placed on a practice squad, correct?

Yeah, teams go through the waiver process, and all selections must be made prior to noon today.If a player who is waived clears waivers, then beginning at 1PM teams may add them to their practice squad.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

and by noon today waiver claims for weekend must be in

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember looking at Battle before the supplemental thinking he had no chance to play offensive line in the NFL with his frame.  He would definitely be a developmental player for practice squad only imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes. A claim goes on 53 with an immediate corresponding move of moving someone currently rostered off the 53. If a player clears waivers he can go on either 53 man or PS if he's eligible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thx ryan. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL_Central ?@Central_NFL 1m1 minute ago#Bucs have claimed LB James-Michael Johnson off waivers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 2m2 minutes agoJames-Michael Johnson had eight special-teams tackles for Chiefs in 2013 when Bucs special-teams coordinator Kevin O'Dea was there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has playing experience and is a special teams ace.  Good pick up and he is still young.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Peter Schrager ?@PSchrags 4m4 minutes agoHearing Bucs very active on waiver wire. Will make for interesting day. All 31 teams watching what TB does. Can claim as many as they wish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Peter Schrager ?@PSchrags 4m4 minutes agoHearing Bucs very active on waiver wire. Will make for interesting day. All 31 teams watching what TB does. Can claim as many as they wish.

This team needs it bad.Line depth  on both sides is bad.  Special teams is bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Peter Schrager ?@PSchrags 50s51 seconds agoTampa Bay has indeed put in claims and acquired, among others, ex-Saints QB Ryan Griffin and ex-Chiefs C Eric Kush. More to come. @NFLonFOX

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ian Rapoport ?@RapSheet 1m1 minute agoWow, #Bucs. TB claimed Kourtnei Brown, Jeremiah George, Ryan Griffin, James Michael Johnson & Eric Kush

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Peter Schrager ?@PSchrags 50s51 seconds agoTampa Bay has indeed put in claims and acquired, among others, ex-Saints QB Ryan Griffin and ex-Chiefs C Eric Kush. More to come. @NFLonFOX

Griffin is an surprise.  Are they moving Glennon or is this a move for next year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Six cuts needed with these 5 adds and Jennings…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are not done because they need a kick return specialist.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 3m3 minutes ago Florida, USABucs have waived G Kadeem Edwards, TE Cam Brate, WR Rannell Hall, T Reid Fragel, released LB Jason Williams. Jeremiah Warren makes roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The team must be really high on Fatinkun but I wonder will a four DE’s be active on game day?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The team must be really high on Fatinkun but I wonder will a four DE's be active on game day?

They gotta plan for nicks and bruises...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Roy Cummings ?@RCummingsTBO 33s34 seconds agoThe #Bucs have retained K Patrick Murray and G Garrett Gilkey. .Both are on IR after clearing waivers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 35s35 seconds ago Florida, USAFive of 10 spots now known on Bucs' practice squad: Donteea Dye, Josh Keyes, Jude Adjei-Barimah, plus LB Howard Jones, CB Imoan Claiborne.Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 24s25 seconds ago Florida, USABucs have signed draft pick WR Kaelin Clay to their practice  squad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 35s35 seconds ago Florida, USAFive of 10 spots now known on Bucs' practice squad: Donteea Dye, Josh Keyes, Jude Adjei-Barimah, plus LB Howard Jones, CB Imoan Claiborne.

Not surprised that they are loading up defense for the PS as the 53 man roster is pretty sparse with defensive players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Claiborne’s the guy that decked Dez Bryant in the Rams v. Cowboys camp fight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 3m3 minutes ago Florida, USABucs have moved injured tackle Demar Dotson to IR-designated for return, meaning he won't play in first eight games of season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No delaire to practice squad?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 3m3 minutes ago Florida, USABucs have signed two more to practice squad: OT Edawn Coughman, just waived, and former Alabama State/Bills tackle Terren Jones (6-7, 341).Bucs have now filled eight of 10 spots on practice squad -- still two spots for players who were waived today, can be added Monday ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 3m3 minutes ago Florida, USABucs have moved injured tackle Demar Dotson to IR-designated for return, meaning he won't play in first eight games of season.

He misses 7 games because of the bye

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 7m7 minutes agoUndrafted rookie DE Ryan Delaire will not be on Bucs' practice squad. Don't know where, but Towson grad is headed elsewhere ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully Hall is added to the PS tomorrow…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 7m7 minutes agoUndrafted rookie DE Ryan Delaire will not be on Bucs' practice squad. Don't know where, but Towson grad is headed elsewhere ...

what’s the scoop!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why hasn’t the Bucs PS formed yet? o.OAnd who is the return specialist for the Bucs?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why hasn't the Bucs PS formed yet? o.OAnd who is the return specialist for the Bucs?

I'm guessing Bob Rainey.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why hasn't the Bucs PS formed yet? o.OAnd who is the return specialist for the Bucs?

I'm guessing Bob Rainey.

Fuck that.That is what the Bucs had last year before adding Patton.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm guessing Bob Rainey.

(censored) that.That is what the Bucs had last year before adding Patton.

Lovie wants those easy points bad. He struck gold with the Windy City Flyer, but he won’t catch lightning in a bottle twice, IMO. Hester is legendary. The rest of the decent kick returners?  Few and far between…and after a few seasons, they want big money for that one trick. I hope he finds a good returner. A stud that may be on the roster and we don't truly know it yet (yeah right). Bucs need all the help they can get. It going to be ugly. Real bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok, I’m certain coaches are fing with us now.First blount, now kush? ...Just saying.

Please wait…

Viewing 144 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.