Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Pass defense #11Run defense #23Yards/play # 24Based on what we have seen it is clear the Bucs defense have to clean up a lot of their sloppy play and fill gaps to stop the run.  These things will be improved upon.  One game is kind of misleading as the next game is against Brees.  But it is a good indication of what the Bucs are trying to do.  That is stop the pass but they need to fill the gaps to ensure the running game doesn't do damage.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully, they don’t force many situations where the other team starts kneeling at the end of the 3rd quarter…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. 11 teams worse than us? Who are they? I have an important cash league matchup this week…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pass defense #11Run defense #23Yards/play # 24Based on what we have seen it is clear the Bucs defense have to clean up a lot of their sloppy play and fill gaps to stop the run.  These things will be improved upon.  One game is kind of misleading as the next game is against Brees.  But it is a good indication of what the Bucs are trying to do.  That is stop the pass but they need to fill the gaps to ensure the running game doesn't do damage.

I'm trying to buy a Maybach but the numbers don't actually support it...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How do we stack up against the rest of the league in 1st quarter defensive statistics?  As those are the only ones with any true comparative relevance with the rest of the league after week 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 week do not a trend make…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 week do not a trend make...

That is true but it provides a snap shot and point of reference. As bad as the Bucs defense played they were not a disaster like a lot of other defenses in the NFL.Bucs fix the issues with missed gap assignments and more cover 3 play and the defense may reach NFL average over the long haul.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you know why it is a completely misleading stastical analysis that tells us absolutely nothing in regards to our defensive effort.  We all know that we put forth one of the (if not #1) worst defensive efforts in the first week of the NFL season.A logical take away might be we play much better defense with a 28 point deficit.  To compare against anyone else would require a much more specific window then game 1.  Our game was not comparable with the vast majority of NFL games after 10 minutes (honestly probably less).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you know why it is a completely misleading stastical analysis that tells us absolutely nothing in regards to our defensive effort.  We all know that we put forth one of the (if not #1) worst defensive efforts in the first week of the NFL season.A logical take away might be we play much better defense with a 28 point deficit.  To compare against anyone else would require a much more specific window then game 1.  Our game was not comparable with the vast majority of NFL games after 10 minutes (honestly probably less).

I suspect the run defense will improve.  Pass defense will slide a bit but I do not see the Bucs defense surrendering a lot of real estate like last year.  Schematically the Bucs defense is designed to limit pass plays down field.  However, Bucs have to fill gaps to stop the rushing game.  Stop the run, and the pass defense becomes easier on third down.I think Brees will be able to hit Cooks for a few big plays but I do not see massive downfield chunks consistently.  The LB play has to improve to fill gaps and cover the passing lanes in the middle of the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Football Outsiders, Defensive Efficiency, DVOA, lists Bucs pass defense dead last and 27th overall.http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef I didn't need them to tell me this.  I saw the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That DVOA will be interesting to see by next week after the Bucs have faced Brees. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not going to put much faith in those stats, ADW.  Being 11th against the pass sounds great until you realize Tenn didn’t throw a pass in the 4th qtr and very few in the 3rd.  They were just letting the clock run out while discussing who was bringing the beer to the luau.Any time the opposing team pulls their starting QB at the end of the 3rd quarter any and all defensive positives are invalid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any time the opposing team pulls their starting QB at the end of the 3rd quarter any and all defensive positives are invalid.

This. However, I do expect things to be different this week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Points allowed has always been the stat I cared about most in in that stat, the Bucs failed miserably.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Points allowed has always been the stat I cared about most in in that stat, the Bucs failed miserably.

I don't buy into the points allowed that much.  I have always been more favorable towards yards surrendered total and yards per play.Bucs DVOA is down for the most part because of points allowed but also because of yards per play.  Yards per play is something the Bucs can improve upon.  Points allowed seems out of the norm but also not realistic over a course of the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Titans showed us mercy after the first TD of the 2nd half. They pretty much stopped trying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

there are three kinds of lies|LiesDamned liesAnd statistics

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i call bulls***….no one was worse in all aspects in only one game

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

I like this post only because i don’t think ive eve seen a team in the top 15 of most defensive stats but gave up 42 points in the first game lol #itsabucslife

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like this post only because i don't think ive eve seen a team in the top 15 of most defensive stats but gave up 42 points in the first game lol #itsabucslife

I think it is because it is based on one game and is more of a statistical anomaly.However, despite the Titans pulling up by the third they didn't do much damage on the ground to run out the clock. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is really the only stat that matters if you want to win games. We gave up more points than any other team in week one. ADW, I understand we held Tennessee to limited yards, but isn't that just because they stop counting yards after the other team reaches the end zone? I mean, if the field was 50 yards longer we would have been dead last in yardage surrendered, right? I think the fact that Tennessee was on their second string QB in the 4th quarter with a blowout lead could have influenced things. And Wiz was clearly not trying to run up the score or yards. The fact that we yielded a low amount of yards is definitely not making me feel any better about our defense. Not under the circumstances of this last game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie should bring in Raheem to be DC :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, I do think the other stats matter as well. The shocking thing is the Titans did what they did to us with just 16 passing plays. That tells me our red zone defense sucked whale nads. No matter what play the Titans called, it seemed to end up in our end zone for a touchdown.As I've said in other threads, what happened to us on defense wasn't a talent issue. It's guys not doing their fooking jobs. If they just do their jobs they will be instantly better this week.So stop biting on every single gorram play action and play your responsibility in the defense.

Please wait…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.