Monday, January 20, 2020

Bucs-Dolphins pre season post game thoughts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

Winston is making better decisions under pressure. But OL play has to improve as well as blocking from TE’s and RB’s.

RoJo and Barber are clearly the “starters”.

OJ Howard is going to have a monster season.

Just wish that Dotson and D. Smith would play with more hustle.

Jensen for all his warts has played two clean games thus far (penalty free).

Defense first stringers were good but Rosen missed a lot of easy NFL throws. VH3 should know better than lead with a helmet.

Penalties were down this week but still too high. Harris had 3 dumb penalties alone which means he probably doesn’t make the team.

Dean should have had two picks but he made at least one pick to help turn the tide of the game.

Barrett is going to be a force in this defense. Great bargain.

Gay won the kicking job.

Hudson should stick.

Benenoch and Boozer should be ashamed of what they put on tape tonight.

Ogunbowale is clearly the #3 RB now.

+19
    Rating: +18. From 20 votes.
    Please wait...

The Anti-Java
    Participant

Agree with most of that, but I think Hudson is far from a lock to make the team. Arians said tonight he wants to like the guy but his blocking is nonexistent. Can he learn to block in 2 weeks?

+5
    Rating: +4. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

Agree with most of that, but I think Hudson is far from a lock to make the team. Arians said tonight he wants to like the guy but his blocking is nonexistent. Can he learn to block in 2 weeks?

Good point.  To make special teams you have to block or run coverage units.

It depends more on if someone else above him on the pecking order screws up which is possible with two more pre season games to go.

+3
    Rating: +1. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
    Kodiak
    Participant

I think it might be hard to sneak Hudson on the practice squad but hopefully that can happen. Bucs like Antony Auclair and he’s a better blocker. I don’t see him getting beaten out for that 3rd TE job as I don’t see the Bucs going with 3 pass catching TEs.

+4
    Rating: +4. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    Northside
    Participant

Agree with most of this.

I’d have to see it again but I don’t think VH3 led with his helmet. That looked like a bad call.

They should cut Boozer tonight. Surely some cheap UFA is better.

I haven’t seen mentions of Beau Allen but he had a good game with several tackles.

+3
    Rating: +3. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by Northside.
    Crazyhorse54
    Participant

First-team offense was sluggish and ineffective.  First-team defense meh.  After that, it was pathetic.  This team may win 4  or 5 games.  The Dolphins are hardly a top tier team…not anywhere near NFC South talent.  Bucs looked really bad on the first drive.  Glad I got rid of my season tickets.  Free to spend Sunday afternoons stress free.

+3
    Rating: -20. From 26 votes.
    Please wait...
    nitey
    Participant

Hudson could be a trade candidate to a team looking for a pass catching TE to develop and has an offensive lineman that the Bucs like. Pretty clear they should be looking at alternatives on other teams at this point.

+6
    Rating: +6. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    GoldsonAges
    Participant

Pretty much agree except I dont think Jensen played at all in the 1st game. It was Evan Smith’s curtain call.

My question is if Mike Edwards isnt ready week one, who starts opposite Whitehead? Stewart?

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

GottaJaboo wrote:
    (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
    Update - UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

Butters
    Participant

Hudson could be a trade candidate to a team looking for a pass catching TE to develop and has an offensive lineman that the Bucs like. Pretty clear they should be looking at alternatives on other teams at this point.

Honestly I’d look the other way. With a healthy OJ, Brate becomes a trade candidate and Hudson becomes your specialty receiving TE and Auclair the blocking TE.

+12
    Rating: +12. From 12 votes.
    Please wait...
    Defense5599
    Blocked

That O-Line is going to get Jameis killed.

We’ve got our kicker.

Shaq Barrett was a huge pickup.  He terrorized the Dolphins offense the entire second half.

Hudson played well but him making the team will depend on if the Bucs keep four tight ends.   Right now he’s got a ways to go if he’s gonna beat out Auclair for the third tight end spot.

Ellington is garbage.  Cut him now.

This stadium really needs an overhang or retractable roof.

+6
    Rating: +6. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

Pretty much agree except I dont think Jensen played at all in the 1st game. It was Evan Smith’s curtain call.

My question is if Mike Edwards isnt ready week one, who starts opposite Whitehead? Stewart?

It is probably going to be I. Johnson as Brice is listed as a third string.   Lukas Denis is in the mix and J. Evans will return to practice soon so it is a toss up.  But I think Edwards returns in time for season opener.  Darius Stewart looked rusty out there.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

Ellington should see the door by week four. He missed a big block/chip as well, last week.

He may be a veteran running back but we all know those guys are easily replaceable when they are as good as Andre is. He hasn’t shown anything

+2
    Please wait...
    Madman
    Participant

I know it’s early but Jamel Dean is going to be the best CB on the team, He has elite measureables and just makes it look easy. Too long to get around and too fast to run by. Can’t wait to see Dean develop.

Watching Buchanon is a blast. Dude is causing havoc on every play and has infectious energy and swagger. Gonna be a fan favorite in this D.

Hudson is a keeper. Can’t coach clutch and this guy has it.

+4
    Rating: +4. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by Madman.
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by Madman.
    The Anti-Java
    Participant

Its hard to envision trade value in his case. If he gets cut outright, anyone can sign him. If he gets put on the PS, anyone can snag him off there. So the only way to protect him would be keep him on the final 53, and I don’t see that happening. Too much talent ahead of him.
    Hell, the best plan for him could be to convert to WR, he has the skills for that big time. There are plenty of WR’s in the league who couldn’t block their sister. He wouldn’t be a candidate for the Bucs at WR, but a WR hungry team could give him shot.

+2
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.