Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

So far it has been all non premium players (WR, TE, RB).Earlier in the year I had a theory that the Bucs would address premium positions in free agency so they could focus on non premium positions in the draft.  Given the limited data set and the fact that the resolution is not so great most felt my theory was out there.  But now it is playing out before our eyes and it is a clear indication the Bucs value addressing premium positions in free agency instead of rolling the dice in the draft.If this trend continues expect to see the Bucs draft OG, LB, and S.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since when is WR a “non-premium” position?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since when are WR and RB "non-premium" positions?

RB has become a non premium position especially given how late they are being drafted now on draft day.  There is debate about WR but I don't think a WR is as valuable as a pass rusher, pass blocker, QB or CB IMO.    The drafting of another RB also signals that with Martin having two years left on his contract, Mike James coming off a major injury, and Rainey a ERFA this year suggests a lot of uncertainty for the position.  Teams are reluctant to have large amounts of cap space dedicated to RB's so it seems like Martin being re-signed has dwindled but there is still a chance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since when are WR and RB "non-premium" positions?

RB has become a non premium position especially given how late they are being drafted now on draft day.  There is debate about WR but I don't think a WR is as valuable as a pass rusher, pass blocker, QB or CB IMO.    The drafting of another RB also signals that with Martin having two years left on his contract, Mike James coming off a major injury, and Rainey a ERFA this year suggests a lot of uncertainty for the position.  Teams are reluctant to have large amounts of cap space dedicated to RB's so it seems like Martin being re-signed has dwindled but there is still a chance.

I agree on that point, I think thats why we just drafted another RB. I wouldn't expect Martin to remain a Buc for too long, unless he is willing to sign a small contract with us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your really reaching here trying to compare any similarities between the 2 drafts, because there are none

Please wait…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.