Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

because if any lineman goes down, Brady is going to need ultimate protection. The offense is completely loaded and stacked. You build the lines first, then the second and third levels.

They absolutely need to draft Creed. Depth at Oline is the most important thing. Brady needs time, and keeping a stud platoon of bodies to protect him at this point is vital for two things: the future. And for Brady and the immediate chase for a repeat.

They NEED CREED.

• mjs020294

Participant

I can see them adding depth and building for the future in the trenches this draft. Unless a highly rated player like Najee Harris drops in our laps I can see the first three picks being D and O line.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

I think the D-Line needs a bit more shoring up than the O-Line. But we’re in a unique position. With all our starters back, we can draft for best player available.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I hate the idda of a first round player potentially not play at all his rookie year.

D lineman/edge or RB would be rotated in at least. O lineman wouldn’t play at all barring an injury.

I want a first rounder that’ll help this year. 2021.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I hate the idda of a first round player potentially not play at all his rookie year.

D lineman/edge or RB would be rotated in at least. O lineman wouldn’t play at all barring an injury.

We brought back all 22 starters on offense and defense plus Succop. Any player we draft this year will not be a starter because we brought back all of our starters. We have a great situation right now of drafting for the near future because of the impending losses of position on both the OLine and DLine.

There is no point in drafting an RB in this draft because we have Lenny, Rojo, and Vaughn signed. RB’s should be plug and play. We drafted Vaughn last year and he barely saw the field. We could have drafted C/G like Hennessy or Cushenberry. That would mean we have quality depth developing in the trench. After two years of being a reserve, then that player would be ready to be a starter at C or G.

We won the Super Bowl because we had the better trenches. Why deviate from that?

• JC5100

Participant

Bucs had 700+ offensive snaps from backup offensive linemen last year.

• mjs020294

Participant

With RoJo and Fournette FAs in 2022 I wouldn’t be opposed to a RB in first two rounds. Some mocks have Najee dropping to us in the first round.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

With Wells and Stinnie back Bucs can draft Oline later on which I’m comfortable with seeing how Licht did well drafted Oline. No way Bucs go RB with Lenny back so going Rush LB at 32 would make sense and keep JPP/Barrett fresh.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

With Wells and Stinnie back Bucs can draft Oline later on which I’m comfortable with seeing how Licht did well drafted Oline. No way Bucs go RB with Lenny back so going Rush LB at 32 would make sense and keep JPP/Barrett fresh.

hold up. You’re comparing Wells and Stinnie to Marpet (2nd round gem) and Wirfs (1st rd, 13th overall)? Although Donovan Smith was drafted before Marpet, Marpet is the far superior player.

Now, let’s look at Cappa. He was drafted at the bottom of the 3rd round. He was too abysmal to play as a rookie that he was essentially red-shirted in his rookie year. In his second season, Cappa was mediocre. This year, his third year, he was average.

Since we’re not picking in the top-15 any time soon, then it would behoove the Bucs to draft an iOL in the first two rounds to improve quality depth and to eventually take over for either C Jensen or RG Cappa in 2022. By moving on from Jensen, the Bucs can save $10 mil.

You need talent at OL and DL to succeed. Most teams invest heavily with top-2 or top-3 rounds.

• Boid Fink

Participant

If Brady loses linemen, it’s best to have good backups. Not jags.

• buc_boi

Participant

By moving on from Jensen, the Bucs can save $10 mil.

what rock have you been living under, instead of releasing quality players your restructure their contracts to save money.

Or is that idea to modern for you, polly?

• NotDeadYet

Participant

We did lose a b/u T, Haeg, which needs to be filled. He did play a lot of snaps…

• NotDeadYet

Participant

If Creed is there when we pick, I’d take him in a heartbeat. Might even trade up a few spots, but NOT too far up…

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Creed will be there. He’s projected to go early to mid second round.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Agree about depth along the oline. I would get it on the dline as well. If we could beef up the depth of the lines then we will be in good shape.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

How did drafting someone in round 1 that didnt play in 2020(Jordan love) work out for the packers?

Not great.

Had they had ANY impact player, skill postion, either line, anywhere besides QB, could said player have helped beat us? Absolutely.

Sure, we’re bringing back all 22 starters.

Still doesn’t mean our 1st round 2021 pick cant have an immediate impact.

Look what wirfs & winfield did as rookies. Im not opposed to depth on the o line. Just not with our first pick.

• lanshire12

Participant

You’re argument here is ridiculous. Had the Packers drafted a LT for the future with their first pick, then Shaq may not have had a field day in their backfield in the playoffs. You can’t pick who gets hurt over the course of a season so you better have the best possible depth at every position. The Packers rolled the dice that if Rodgers went down, they would have a quality QB option playing forward. I know it’s been years since we were consistently good but expecting star status in year 1 from your 1st round pick is what fanbases from bad teams do.

When you are returning this many starters, you draft best player available to create depth and competition on the roster. What you really want to see is by mid to late season is these draft picks pushing the returning starters for playing time. We have a boat load of FAs again next year and having the flexibility to not bring everyone back will lead to comp picks in 2023 after Brady is gone.

• Boid Fink

Participant

How did the Chiefs do without protecting their most important player? They didn’t have impactful depth, and the Bucs are in a position of need. Have to protect the most important player should a player go down, which most likely will happen. No need to have a turnstile in there, or JAG, when the Bucs can have a future stud and salary cap benefit in the team.

Creed with the first pick. It is t like he wouldn’t play. He would sub in and out for sure. Love had no chance of playing so the selection was bizarre. Love is eons away from being close to AR’s jock. Completely invalid comparison.

• BucsSavant

Participant

By moving on from Jensen, the Bucs can save $10 mil.

what rock have you been living under, instead of releasing quality players your restructure their contracts to save money.

Or is that idea to modern for you, polly?

He just literally can’t help himself with this shit idea. He has to interject it in to any thread he comments. Too much madden GM mode I suppose. Surprised he didn’t include his little “move Cappa to center” quip, as if it’s that easy. Repetitive, low IQ.

• Detrimental

Participant

Creed Humphries and Landon Dickerson would be quality additions. In a league where quality OL is scarce you gotta keep stock piling talent given the chance. Creed will be a great player and help with cap space down the road.

OL is a strong class this year so we should def grab 1 interior line guy for insurance.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

I’d like to see them get a tackle and an interior lineman. If it comes to a choice between Creed or Dickerson in the second round, I’d rather have Creed. Dickerson is injury prone.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

OL depth is not most important, and using some specific example like the chiefs in one game doesn’t make it so. It’s dismissive of other possibilities to put the blinders on like that, and kind of like drafting a kicker 1st because of missing a key FG. OL depth can be addressed in mid rounds, and I’m not passing on a solid pass rush contributor or another Winfield just for an insurance policy.

• JC5100

Participant

OL depth is not most important, and using some specific example like the chiefs in one game doesn’t make it so. It’s dismissive of other possibilities to put the blinders on like that, and kind of like drafting a kicker 1st because of missing a key FG. OL depth can be addressed in mid rounds, and I’m not passing on a solid pass rush contributor or another Winfield just for an insurance policy.

It’s only depth in 2021 and then a starter in 2022. Although if they can get Wyatt Davis at 32 he could beat out Cappa.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You think a pass rusher is going to get tons of play time with this group? I’m all about pass rush…or offensive line play. The Bucs depth would be equally served a benefit by taking quality depth and future starter at o-line. Brady is job 1. No Brady, no protection…no super bowl. Period.

• Biggs3535

Participant

You think a pass rusher is going to get tons of play time with this group?

On a rotational basis, for sure. Gholston played 738 snaps (mostly inside) and Nelson played 387 snaps. JPP or new draft pick could always kick inside on pass plays. Hopefully Shaq and JPP play injury free again, but that’s never a guarantee – especially with JPP getting up there in age.

• Greattimes

Participant

If the Bucs really want Creed then they could trade back from 32 with some team that has a pick in the first 10 selections in the second round and pick up some more draft capital.

• mjs020294

Participant

I wouldn’t take Creed in the 1st but if he is there at 64 then he would be a great addition. Trading back a few places for an extra 3rd round in this years draft or extra 2nd in 2022 would be best strategy to draft Creed.

I would still rather rake edge rusher with 1st pick.

• Biggs3535

Participant

If the Bucs really want Creed then they could trade back from 32 with some team that has a pick in the first 10 selections in the second round and pick up some more draft capital.

People keep talking about trading back for more picks, but this roster is pretty set. Not too many rookies will make the squad. If they’re trading their picks, I’d hope it be for future (higher) selections.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Agree with Biggs.

The plan should be to draft depth, but also quality depth.

Creed is arguably a plug and play center, and most likely could transition to guard because of his strength and quickness. He’s also fundamentally sound and has faced good competition.

He will definitely play a good amount of drafted, and he would potentially be a stud center when Jensens ship sails. And next year, Creed will be cheap. Jensen?

I believe that pass rush is vital. But I see pass rushers. They come from linebackers, and corners flying off the edge, and rushing straight up 4. Sure they could use more, I agree. But this team isn’t winning a title without Brady being protected, and depth in a 17 game season will be a problem eventually. Having capable backups to make sure the Brady train stays on rails is the most important thing for this team.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

There are no high floor edge guys, unlike Creed Humphrey. I’d be okay with him at 32. He could play C or G if need be. He would be a steady, solid interior lineman. However historically you can land interior depth later.
      I know I’m in the minority but I think if a WR or DB is the BPA we should grab one. We do NOT have an adequate replacement for Evans or Godwin if they get hurt. Johnson n Miller are role guys. They are not starting two WR material. I think WR can get thin quick as it has TWO years in a row. Grabbing a 1st rd talent who can pay huge dividends down the road would be our best bet.
      Also as much as people worship our WRs, they don’t ever seem to get much separation in all honesty. I think Toney would fill ABs role which looking at the numbers AB was tops in just about everything once he came on board. Thus Brady likes the element he brings.

However it wouldn’t be a ” bad” pick on Humphrey if he ends up a true stud center like Pouncey or Kelly.

• FinkleisEinhorn

Participant

If we plan to use Creed at center, something to consider is he’s left-handed. May seem like a minor issue, but after 20 years of right handed snaps, would Brady be ok with this type of change in his final year(s)?

• Madman

Participant

Creed or Dickerson would be great. Sounds like the DE/OLB talent value outside of Jaelan Phillips is in the second or third.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Creed or T. Jenkins are there at #32 is a strong possiblity. Bucs want to improve speed on defense and physicality on offense.

Build the trenches!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Creed or any defensive end not named Rousseau. But I think Creed is about as sure fire as it gets. I see him as potentially being an anchor. He’s just a good lineman. Flat out.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.