Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Bucs got hit with a cheerleader lawsuit a few weeks ago

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:30 pm.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

tpeluso
    Participant

http://www.bizjournals.com/bizwomen/news/latest-news/2014/05/tampa-bay-buccaneers-latest-nfl-team-to-get-hit.htmlThis is just a massive facepalm because it's easily avoidable... I really wish the Glazers would get out ahead of all the other teams dealing with this and publicly and loudly proclaim that our cheerleaders will get a fair wage going forward. Even with all of the issues selling out the stadium in recent years, the team still makes tons of bank and can certainly afford to pay 30 women who serve as a value part of the PR machine minimum wage (if not a lot more). There have to be more worthwhile places in the budget to trim things than this.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

lynnst
    Participant

Give them more money…they work hard; and look good

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

meadorsp
    Participant

Meh…  They should cheerlead for FREE!  Any of them that can, typically parlay their “hobby” into bigger and better things.If not - there's always Mons Venus.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

And just think what will happen if Bucs bosses try and make them deliver drinks to fans as has been proposed.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

http://www.bizjournals.com/bizwomen/news/latest-news/2014/05/tampa-bay-buccaneers-latest-nfl-team-to-get-hit.htmlThis is just a massive facepalm because it's easily avoidable... I really wish the Glazers would get out ahead of all the other teams dealing with this and publicly and loudly proclaim that our cheerleaders will get a fair wage going forward. Even with all of the issues selling out the stadium in recent years, the team still makes tons of bank and can certainly afford to pay 30 women who serve as a value part of the PR machine minimum wage (if not a lot more). There have to be more worthwhile places in the budget to trim things than this.

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhh ... who cares. Cheerleading for an NFL squad is a hobby and a privilege , not a real job deserving of a living wage. At the end of the day they are just anorexic bimbos who dance badly in skimpy outfits . How much is that really worth ?? They could ax the entire squad and I wouldn't even notice they were gone . There are hotter girls in the stands . Buhbye now.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

java is as java does

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhh ... who cares. Cheerleading for an NFL squad is a hobby and a privilege , not a real job deserving of a living wage. At the end of the day they are just anorexic bimbos who dance badly in skimpy outfits . How much is that really worth ?? They could ax the entire squad and I wouldn't even notice they were gone . There are hotter girls in the stands . Buhbye now.

+1Said it before and will say it again, they knew the salary, workload, etc before signing the contract and signed it anyway so whos fault is it really if they are being treated that way, I can't imagine anyone held a gun to their heads and forced them to become a professional bimbo.Don't like the terms & conditions of a job don't take it, it's not a hard concept, there's a long line of girls who would love to do that job just waiting for a spot.I swear, the way some defend these cheerleaders you would think teams dragged them out of bed in the middle of the night, kidnapped them and threatened their families to force them to sign up, it's borderline slavery..

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

dzejms
    Participant

Give me a break.  The Bucs were throwing her a bone letting her on the field as a cheerleader.  She’s not even attractive.6-12-201410-07-06PM_zps66394380.jpgI would have considered paying her 10 bucks a game to NOT be a cheerleader.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Lolz

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Give me a break.  The Bucs were throwing her a bone letting her on the field as a cheerleader.  She's not even attractive.6-12-201410-07-06PM_zps66394380.jpgI would have considered paying her 10 bucks a game to NOT be a cheerleader.

Java is as Java does

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I know a couple of the Falcons cheerleaders up here in Atlanta.  They all have professional-ish jobs.  Not a single one of them is lied to when brought in, every one of them who tries out knows that they will put in a lot of hours for not a lot of money.  They want a little pay raise from here on out, fine…negotiate one.  If you want to go back in time and collect money because you felt you were underpaid when you knew exactly what was going to happen…GTFOH!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

The most these dumb broads could accomplish with this is getting the cheerleading squad discontinued altogether. They are not essential.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.