Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Bucs Happy with Accelerated Growth for Ali MarpetGil Arcia    Sept 22, 2015ali_zpspa1aefps.jpgDespite coming from a division 3 college, Ali Marpet has been impressive in his first two NFL starts.When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers traded back up into the second round in this past draft to select Division III guard Ali Marpet, skeptics immediately began criticizing the pick. From calling it a reach to dubbing it a bust before a game was played, Marpet was marked for failure.That obviously has not affected the Bucs approach on how to play Marpet into the NFL. In practices, he faces All-Pro defensive tackle Gerald McCoy often. It was largely written and talked about in camp how Marpet has pushed around McCoy on several occasions. Sometimes even placing him on the ground.Two games into the season -- despite looking like the rookie he is at times --  the product from Hobart College has shown he can hang with the pros.“This past week they had a worldly veteran that he was going against. I’m talking about Ali.,” Smith said. “Ali has put together two pretty solid games.”Indeed he has. Holes are opening in the run game and Jameis Winston has time to throw. Marpet has even looked better than his veteran line mates, more often than not.The excitement over Marpet has to be tapered with cautious optimism. That’s understandable. Still, the young man is playing like a seasoned vet, and that deserves praise.link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

tallest midget?  no, i’m joking.  as I watched the NO game, there were some plays where I saw Jameis sitting back there with tons of time… mostly in second half.  I was pleasantly shocked. maybe NO was playing the run since we had the lead, but regardless, I thought the line looked its best in years against NO.  Week 1 was a different story.  we still need to open better holes and I don't see us getting push on short yardage plays, but it's nice to see some improvement for a change!   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

tallest midget?  no, i'm joking.  as I watched the NO game, there were some plays where I saw Jameis sitting back there with tons of time... mostly in second half.  I was pleasantly shocked. maybe NO was playing the run since we had the lead, but regardless, I thought the line looked its best in years against NO.  Week 1 was a different story.  we still need to open better holes and I don't see us getting push on short yardage plays, but it's nice to see some improvement for a change! 

I hope he continues his good play, but JJ Watt is about to stunt his growth severely. I know he isn't matched up against Watt all day but if he can do well chipping in against Watt, I will be impressed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not too many do too well against watt.An average game against him, could be considered elite against others.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will get help I am sure. If I knew how to post vids, I would post one of the Panther lineman laying out JJ flat on his azz. Good stuff. I dont recall his name off the top of my head.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will get help I am sure. If I knew how to post vids, I would post one of the Panther lineman laying out JJ flat on his azz. Good stuff. I dont recall his name off the top of my head.

Trai Turner, former LSU Tiger

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right side should be solid when Dotson comes back. Marpet is a beast and was only NOT a first rounder because he was from Hobart. The question was the level of competition he played against, that question was erased at the Senior. Think about this for a second when you consider his potential, he played tackle in college and is starting his first games at Guard, in the NFL. Dude has been a pleasant surprise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was pleasantly surprised by the line as a whole last week. The right side in particular. But this week could get ugly. Do the Texans still move Watt around to exploit the weakest link in an OL?? If so D Smith is about to get a life lesson and it could cost Winston his health. It’s crucial we get the run game going opposite Watt because we have no shot at just sitting back and throwing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the Panthers/Texans game Watt blasted Newton when he tried to run up the middle knocking him on his arse. He then did a mock Newton first down signal. It was funny as hell.  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was pleasantly surprised by the line as a whole last week. The right side in particular. But this week could get ugly. Do the Texans still move Watt around to exploit the weakest link in an OL?? If so D Smith is about to get a life lesson and it could cost Winston his health. It's crucial we get the run game going opposite Watt because we have no shot at just sitting back and throwing.

Let's see how well our OC and OL coach plan for this next game. They have some game film on the Texans to work with. They are 0-2 for a reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marpet has made some strides from preseason, I’m impressed. He’s without a doubt the better of the two rookie lineman at the moment.

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.