Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 36 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

None of them would be starters on other NFL teams.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, asj (lowercase on purpose) looks like he is stuck in molasses.This guy was suppose to be a gazelle running all over the field-- a dreamer's mismatch.  Pffft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ASJ will probably have 30-40 catches but I don’t see him a dominating player.  Brate, Stocker and Meyers are all garbage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jaboo will make them all better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope so....  :o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, asj (lowercase on purpose) looks like he is stuck in molasses.This guy was suppose to be a gazelle running all over the field-- a dreamer's mismatch.  Pffft.

thanks for inspiring a new rhetorical questiona dreamer's mismatch or a mismatcher's dream?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't hope sir, just believe. For it is written in the book of Winston that the meek shall inherit TDs. Can I get a Jaboo?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aside from Evans, who I’m not convinced won’t have a sophomore slump, Lichts first draft is turning out to be a real gem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aside from Evans, who I'm not convinced won't have a sophomore slump, Lichts first draft is turning out to be a real gem.

Not impressed with Sims either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

thanks for inspiring a new rhetorical questiona dreamer's mismatch or a mismatcher's dream?

yeah, just rolled with it because it was so 'mystic'

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't hope sir, just believe. For it is written in the book of Winston that the meek shall inherit TDs. Can I get a Jaboo?

Let the church say....Jaaaa boo!! 8)Seriously....if Winston is all that, he should be able to part seas, turn water into wine, and make a player out of ASJ. All miracles, in my book!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glad we got the new kicker, but its this reason that i didn’t want to get rid of wright.There is no spark to any of the other te.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

*feed the bears*and what/which teams have a better TE combo?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Offhand, i'd say, the pats (just based on gronk), and seattle (just based on graham) are a better "te duo" than what we have here in tampa.In all seriousness there, there isnt much of that out there. Te combos are dead, and its pretty much the next man up mentality. That, or the other te's fill specific roles, such as blocking for run or pass.Right now, tampas te's are very similar in that they cant catch and dont have any speed. Very onedimentional, imvho.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Colts. Nice TE duo. I like Allen a lot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looking pretty bad there. Bad defensive ends. Bad offensive line. Bad tight ends. Probably amongst the worst, if you think about it, and to have three groups ranked as the worst, you get a two win team. Going to be another ugly season. I thought we were supposed to be rebuilding...?  Years ago...when Tampa fired Gruden.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what is it about allen you really like?  his 45 catches his first year?  his 1 catch his second?  his 29 catches last year?i liked the guy coming out of clemson.  but what do our fans bash ASJ for ?  his production and missing games?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what is it about allen you really like?  his 45 catches his first year?  his 1 catch his second?  his 29 catches last year?i liked the guy coming out of clemson.  but what do our fans bash ASJ for ?  his production and missing games?

He makes plays. Watch the man play.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Let the church say....Jaaaa boo!! 8)Seriously....if Winston is all that, he should be able to part seas, turn water into wine, and make a player out of ASJ. All miracles, in my book!!

The only thing he can't do is turn Glennon into a starter. Takes much bigger mojo to work those kinds of miracles. :)On topic, I wouldn't say the Bucs have the worst TEs, as there are some pretty bad pairings on other teams; however, Winston does have his work cut out for him, making them better.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Looking pretty bad there. Bad defensive ends. Bad offensive line. Bad tight ends. Probably amongst the worst, if you think about it, and to have three groups ranked as the worst, you get a two win team. Going to be another ugly season. I thought we were supposed to be rebuilding...?  Years ago...when Tampa fired Gruden.

We were, but then Raheem Morris and Schiano happened. :) (Although in hindsight, I'd take Morris over Schiano any day.)

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

so glad my Panthers don’t have to worry about poor TE production.  Olson should have a great year.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

so glad my Panthers don't have to worry about poor TE production.  Olson should have a great year.

No, they just have to worry about a lack of Benjamin's. Sucks to be them, I guess. :)

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

just means more passes to Olson.  Cam will find a way to score enough  points..  We have a good defense so they don’t have to be the greatest show on turf.  They should be a 8-10 win team.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

just means more passes to Olsen.  Cam will find a way to score enough  points..  We have a good defense so they don't have to be the greatest show on turf.  They should be a 8-10 win team.

Yeah, because Olsen is Graham's secret twin. I'm sure, if he equals last years output, those 6 TD's will really help Carolina in their bid to win the NFC South and then lose at home to one of the Wildcard Teams. I'm sure the folks are really excited about that.**BTW, I fixed the Olson / Olsen thing for you. You would think a Carolina fan wouldn't have missed that. :)

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

75% of this board use to misspell the former OC Greg Olson’s name. 

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

75% of this board use to misspell the former OC Greg Olson's name.

That could be true, but he didn't have his name in large letters across the back of his jersey.**Of course, when Carolina was playing a non-NFC South team, he spent a good deal of time on his back, so his name would be obscured. There is that. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Offhand, i'd say, the pats (just based on gronk), and seattle (just based on graham) are a better "te duo" than what we have here in tampa.In all seriousness there, there isnt much of that out there. Te combos are dead, and its pretty much the next man up mentality. That, or the other te's fill specific roles, such as blocking for run or pass.Right now, tampas te's are very similar in that they cant catch and dont have any speed. Very onedimentional, imvho.

The worst part is that the TE's are not good as a blocking unit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so glad my Panthers don't have to worry about poor TE production.  Olson should have a great year.

No, they just have to worry about a lack of Benjamin's. Sucks to be them, I guess. :)

The Panthers won't miss Benjamin's production....Most of his catches last year were garbage time stuff...

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

The Panthers won't miss Benjamin's production....Most of his catches last year were garbage time stuff...

True, except for when they played us. I'm still not buying that Carolina wins the South, though, as most analysts are predicting. I guess we'll see after the first four or five games.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

I agree they aren’t looking too hot now but let the season play out. Remember last year when we had the best group of RBs going into the year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I am not overly confident in the Buc's TE situation, I'd be hard pressed to name a TE on Denver at the moment now that Thomas isn't there. So perhaps one place that is worse than us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I am not overly confident in the Buc's TE situation, I'd be hard pressed to name a TE on Denver at the moment now that Thomas isn't there. So perhaps one place that is worse than us.

Pretty sure it's Owen Daniels. My guess is he'll put up some fairly decent numbers in that offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Daniels is poised for a big year in Kubiak’s offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing he can't do is turn Glennon into a starter. Takes much bigger mojo to work those kinds of miracles. :)

No help for the Statue of Limitations

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought maybe the Falcons have a worst set of TE’s. than the Bucs.until I saw that wasn’t the case lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One guy. And he generally sucks at everything else, gets hurt, and isnt big, fast, or can catch.Asj is ok, but he isn't dependable, kinda stupid, and acts like he's done something when he hasn't. He almost reminds me of bowers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One guy. And he generally sucks at everything else, gets hurt, and isnt big, fast, or can catch.Asj is ok, but he isn't dependable, kinda stupid, and acts like he's done something when he hasn't. He almost reminds me of bowers.

Brate isn't likely to make the team.  So that leaves Meyers, Stocker and ASJ.  That is very scary in terms of depth and terms what the bring to the table.Meyers who was the most consistent has looked awful in pre season blocking and pass catching.  Stocker has been invisible in the passing game and is still overrated.  ASJ doesn't impress me at all with his blocking despite his size and he isn't a threat in the passing game.

Please wait…

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.