Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• Eric Horchy

Keymaster

Robert Herron, last year’s seventh-round pick, has been all over the place during the past week.https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-herron-showing-marked-improvement-from-2014/

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

The harder the cuts at the end of training camp the better. Good to see him finally start doing well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He has no where to go but up. Man he was a non-factor non-anything last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

POR…last year’s 6th round pick

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he turns into a player that would be a big bonus

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

If he turns into a player that would be a big bonus

It'd be nice if all the guys who showed some promise last year continue to develop. We can't fix every position on the team with first and second round draft picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Murphy’s injury could have costed him his roster spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JacksonEvansBellClayMurphyHerronHall to PSDye, Humphries, Shepard cut

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doubt Hall goes to the PS and stays with the team. He could get signed away.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Murphy's injury could have costed him his roster spot.

Looking that way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Herron is on the bubble… a lot of the new cats are going to compete hard for roster spots…The Bucs may carry just 5 WRs....using the roster spots  for extra DL/OL guys...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The harder the cuts at the end of training camp the better. Good to see him finally start doing well.

We may have crossed that threshold. Instead of which bad WR do we keep as the 5th or 6th, it's which good one do we cut? That is the first sign of a good team with depth. I would not be surprised to see us keep 6 WR's and maybe a 7th (doubt it) with at least one more going to the PS. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PUP list Murphy and get him back later in the year. Keep Hall and Herron. Can we still do that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d get rid of Sheppard and Murphy and go with the new guy. JacksonEvansBellClayHerronHall Dye, Humphries, PS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd get rid of Sheppard and Murphy and go with the new guy. JacksonEvansBellClayHerronHall Dye, Humphries, PS

that leads to question – do you get rid of a legit 3rd WR with size and speed – because herron looked good in a couple of practices?  and who do you replace shepherd at gunner with?  (i think he is replaceable, just not sure by who)and looking back over that...there is no way we roll with 4 rookies. (herron included)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Murphy's injury could have costed him his roster spot.

Looking that way.

I hope not.He lacks a lot of things, but the guy fights for the jump ball, and will work hard for the yac. Herron, while i like what i'm now hearing, isnt as reliable imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd get rid of Sheppard and Murphy and go with the new guy. JacksonEvansBellClayHerronHall Dye, Humphries, PS

Sheppard makes the team as a special teams ace, IMO the 6 WR's:JacksonEvansBellHerronMurphy (might go IR and Clay stays as the KR/PR)SheppardThey will try and stash Hall and Clay on the practice squad

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Herron shows well in the preseason then that would be promising. Glad to hear he is showing up in practice but need to see it before I jump for joy.

Please wait…

• bucbach234

Participant

At the beginning of the summer, a part of me believed that the team would hold onto 7 receivers. I don’t know why I think so, I just do. Now I’m thinking the team won’t have a FB, Stocker would probably fill in that role. Which is probably the reason the team keeps four TEs. They’ll need a big back though which Dominique Brown has the potential to fill as the third RB. I think the team put Iosefa on the Practice squad.Evans:Jackson:Bell:Sheppard:Clay:Hall:Murphy or Herron depending on how he does plus how much Murphy's injury set him back.Practice Squad: Dye:Humphries:Iosefa

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that leads to question - do you get rid of a legit 3rd WR with size and speed - because herron looked good in a couple of practices?  and who do you replace shepherd at gunner with?  (i think he is replaceable, just not sure by who)and looking back over that...there is no way we roll with 4 rookies. (herron included)

I think you can roll with the rookies as long as Tim Wright makes the team at TE. Herron has two problems - doesn't play ST (or at least, hasn't shown he can yet); can make the spectacular play but has way too many concentration drops. On the plus side, he's one of the few guys with the quicks to separate off the snap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you can roll with the rookies as long as Tim Wright makes the team at TE. Herron has two problems - doesn't play ST (or at least, hasn't shown he can yet); can make the spectacular play but has way too many concentration drops. On the plus side, he's one of the few guys with the quicks to separate off the snap.

i just cant see that many rookies – in addition to winston, smith, marpet, evans, ASJ.  thats just too much youth.  they will want some vets, and herron just isnt as important as those previously mentioned.the ST thing will certainly get him imo.  what can herron do that clay cant?  i think his quicks off the snap are overrated, if hes playing in the slot, being sure handed and in the right place is more important.is definitely is a good thing that he is playing better!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i just cant see that many rookies - in addition to winston, smith, marpet, evans, ASJ.  thats just too much youth.  they will want some vets, and herron just isnt as important as those previously mentioned.the ST thing will certainly get him imo.  what can herron do that clay cant?  i think his quicks off the snap are overrated, if hes playing in the slot, being sure handed and in the right place is more important.is definitely is a good thing that he is playing better!

I sort of agree that Herron is probably not going to make it, but I'm not sure I understand "too much youth." The difference in WR groups is essentially Louis Murphy. Shepherd may be a vet, but c'mon - he's a WR mostly in name. I think the Bucs are still at a stage where pure talent should trump experience. Does Herron count as that talent - jury is out? I also disagree with you on the separation issue. The Bucs don't have too many guys who can juke a guy out of shoes off the snap. Go back and watch his work at the Senior Bowl. Now, does he have to prove it here? Absolutely. Does it trump all the other things a WR has to do to be successful? No. But...it's an edge that he has that no other WR on the roster really has other than maybe Humphries and Clay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I sort of agree that Herron is probably not going to make it, but I'm not sure I understand "too much youth." The difference in WR groups is essentially Louis Murphy. Shepherd may be a vet, but c'mon - he's a WR mostly in name. I think the Bucs are still at a stage where pure talent should trump experience. Does Herron count as that talent - jury is out? I also disagree with you on the separation issue. The Bucs don't have too many guys who can juke a guy out of shoes off the snap. Go back and watch his work at the Senior Bowl. Now, does he have to prove it here? Absolutely. Does it trump all the other things a WR has to do to be successful? No. But...it's an edge that he has that no other WR on the roster really has other than maybe Humphries and Clay.

i just think that Lovie (and koetter and licht) would be apprehensive about having most of the offense 2nd year or less guys.murphy was around last year, so i think that definitely helps his case with the injury, hes already got a rapport with LiLo.as for the first step, its great, dont get me wrong, but if we arent running 1-3 step drops the DB should have plenty of time to recover.  i worry that herrons problems are more with traffic.  and thats not good for an inside guy who isnt a returner.shepherd is a guy ive always thought is overrated as a gunner, but the team seems to love him.  can another WR take that spot?  do we have a LB that is fast enough?  could a guy like dixon or one of the new hyphen guys take the spot?its a great problem to have with too many guys playing well!

Please wait…

• bucbach234

Participant

All this talk about who makes the roster for WR, I’m curious what you guys think the final 53 man roster might look like.Here's my take sans special team. This is just some random thoughts based on names popping up in training camp. Masifilo, Frey, Greene, Lamur were just a few names I threw in there because I have no clue who else could go in their places.https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/7f63ec56-3a00-43c8-b3e9-c5522f0195cc

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All this talk about who makes the roster for WR, I'm curious what you guys think the final 53 man roster might look like.Here's my take sans special team. This is just some random thoughts based on names popping up in training camp. Masifilo, Frey, Greene, Lamur were just a few names I threw in there because I have no clue who else could go in their places.https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/7f63ec56-3a00-43c8-b3e9-c5522f0195cc

pretty realistic for the most part, but i dont think your flyers make it.  way too G heavy, especially with guys  like masafilo/edwards who dont play multiple positions.  i see someone like omameh there because hes got more versatility.  allen possibly if his foot isnt bad.green and lamur have their work cut out.  i see guys like jason williams and larry dean before them.  they are both ST guys.  7 CBs seems like a lot, but i really dont know what they are doing with moore.  i also dont see murphy getting cut for herron&hall&shepherd.RB will be an interesting cut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Herron is on the bubble... a lot of the new cats are going to compete hard for roster spots...The Bucs may carry just 5 WRs....using the roster spots  for extra DL/OL guys...

I would prefer to keep 7-8 wideouts. Our OL backups are terrible. I would only keep 7 OL and if someone goes down just sign a guy off the street.

Please wait…

• bucbach234

Participant

All this talk about who makes the roster for WR, I'm curious what you guys think the final 53 man roster might look like.Here's my take sans special team. This is just some random thoughts based on names popping up in training camp. Masifilo, Frey, Greene, Lamur were just a few names I threw in there because I have no clue who else could go in their places.https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/7f63ec56-3a00-43c8-b3e9-c5522f0195cc

pretty realistic for the most part, but i dont think your flyers make it.  way too G heavy, especially with guys  like masafilo/edwards who dont play multiple positions.  i see someone like omameh there because hes got more versatility.  allen possibly if his foot isnt bad.green and lamur have their work cut out.  i see guys like jason williams and larry dean before them.  they are both ST guys.  7 CBs seems like a lot, but i really dont know what they are doing with moore.  i also dont see murphy getting cut for herron&hall&shepherd.RB will be an interesting cut.

Just been reported that tony McDaniel signed with the Bucs so maybe one less CB and one more DT?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

conte better get healthy fast

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s up Chris Hackett? Do we still have him? Because I haven’t heard his name once.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and who do you replace shepherd at gunner with?  (i think he is replaceable, just not sure by who)

Kenny Bell. Potential problem with that is that Bell may be in the WR rotation too much to be the gunner.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's up Chris Hackett? Do we still have him? Because I haven't heard his name once.

hes been out there.  safetys have been pretty quiet it seems.  kimario mcfadden was out there a few times the practice i saw.

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.