Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 50 reply threads

• Author

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Official international games announced.

Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Chargers in Mexico City

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers in London

Chicago Bears at Oakland Raiders in London

Cincinnati Bengals at Los Angeles Rams in London

Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars in London

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs overseas suck, doesnt it. Ever since that Tokyo game.

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

I really do need to find some way to attend that game.

Please wait…

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

Hopefully the Bucs get blown the fuck out so the Glazerhouses fight to keep all games for the Bucs stateside.

Please wait…

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

So Tampa has a divisonal homygame stolen and loses home field advantage against a division opponent.

Please wait…

• tpeluso

Participant

A bit shocked at these pairings. Three divisional matchups when historically they’ve avoided them (for obvious reasons) and I’m stunned that they didn’t take advantage of the opportunity to have Green Bay play against the Chargers.

I just hope that this means we get a proper bye (around Week 7-9) this year.

Please wait…

• tpeluso

Participant

Hopefully the Bucs get blown the fuck out so the Glazerhouses fight to keep all games for the Bucs stateside.

Bucs getting picked this year was a required concession for being awarded Super Bowl 55.

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

I’m not going to hope for a loss. Sorry.

Please wait…

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

Bucs getting picked this year was a required concession for being awarded Super Bowl 55.

Glazerhouses needed to tell them to stick it. But, they don’t care. they get their money and another loss is ok with them. Hopefully the fans stay away from home games this year.

Please wait…

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

BTW with the Glazerhouses letting their fans get cheated out of a home game are they eliminating that game from season ticket prices?

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Two seasons after completely fucking the Buc’s with a well thought out hurricane backup plan, they decided it would be a good idea to give away a home division game. Fucking brilliant.

Please wait…

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• ktownbuc47

Participant

Not sure how much say the Bucs have in this matter but I don’t see anyway they can charge season ticket holders for the game unless they’re providing airfare, food and lodging for the game.

Please wait…

• Capt Kidd

Participant

Tampa owes the Glazers a thank you. Playing in London was part of landing the Superbowl in Tampa.

Please wait…

• welzboy409

Participant

Super bowl 55 better tell ray Lewis to stay home or someone gettin kilt!!!

Please wait…

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

Tampa owes the Glazers a thank you. Playing in London was part of landing the Superbowl in Tampa.

The Buccaneers fans owe them nothing as the Superbowl will benefit the Glazers and not the Buccaneers fans.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

The Buccaneers fans owe them nothing as the Superbowl will benefit the Glazers and not the Buccaneers fans.

Not only are you an expert on how the NFL works, but you are clearly an economist as well.

Please wait…

• Capt Kidd

Participant

It will benefit the whole Tampa area, with the exception of a few whiners.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure how much say the Bucs have in this matter but I don’t see anyway they can charge season ticket holders for the game unless they’re providing airfare, food and lodging for the game.

I think their plans are not based on games, but offer a season member pass —-providing opportunities other than games (ie special member events at camp and at the stadium club)….kind of like a Busch Garden’s Annual Pass…..could be wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

its part of being a team in the nfl —every team has a duty to play overseas to support the sport worldwide.

Please wait…

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

its part of being a team in the nfl —every team has a duty to play overseas to support the sport worldwide.

I understand. The Bucs should lose a road game and not a divisional home game.

Please wait…

• NPower84

Participant

Extremely excited to hopefully see the Bucs playing an hour away from my home, tickets for the London games sell-out ridiculously quick so fingers crossed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Extremely excited to hopefully see the Bucs playing an hour away from my home, tickets for the London games sell-out ridiculously quick so fingers crossed

better than the Bucs at home where the stands are usually open especially upper deck and club seats

Please wait…

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

The stadium will be packed except there won’t be many Buccaneers fans there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Won’t be Panthers fans either, will there?

Please wait…

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

I’d bet there will twice as many Panthers fans there. This game being played there is enough for me to not bother with season tickets.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d bet there will twice as many Panthers fans there. This game being played there is enough for me to not bother with season tickets.

I got fed up with the meaningless preseason games —especially the 4th game where none of the regular players even dressed up.

Please wait…

• CyberDilemma

Participant

Two seasons after completely fucking the Buc’s with a well thought out hurricane backup plan, they decided it would be a good idea to give away a home division game. Fucking brilliant.

The Bucs had 52,568 in attendance at this season’s game against the Panthers and that was with giving away FREE tickets to season tickets holders, so can you really blame them?

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

The Bucs had 52,568 in attendance at this season’s game against the Panthers and that was with giving away FREE tickets to season tickets holders, so can you really blame them?

Well, the Glazers did hire Bruce Arians, so….

Please wait…

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Jed

Participant

I know there is a Bucs following in the UK. Thank you all for supporting the team. Good luck getting your tickets.

Please wait…

• NPower84

Participant

Thanks brother

Please wait…

• Jed

Participant

I’d bet there will twice as many Panthers fans there.

Are you just making shit up as you go along or do you have anything to back this up?

Please wait…

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

Are you just making shit up as you go along or do you have anything to back this up?

Better team, more followers. The Bucs have a very small following. For the Glazers this is not about making the fans of the Buccaneers happy, this is about lining their pockets. They and some folks in the Tampa area will make millions of dollars, but Buccaneers fans get nothing out of it.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

I got fed up with the meaningless preseason games —especially the 4th game where none of the regular players even dressed up.

The Bucs preseason schedule has included a Week 4 home game for the past three straight years. Hope we can break that streak.  Who wants to go to a meaningless rainy game to see the scrubs play.  So that would be one annoyance if I was a season ticket holder.

Now you are losing a home game.  I’m assuming you won’t be paying for the London game, but still you only get seven regular season games.

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

Paul with Buc Power is not happy with the London game.

http://www.bucpower.com/story1.htm

Please wait…

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Ridiculous to make this a division game! And the Bucs home game no less.

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

Better team, more followers. The Bucs have a very small following. For the Glazers this is not about making the fans of the Buccaneers happy, this is about lining their pockets. They and some folks in the Tampa area will make millions of dollars, but Buccaneers fans get nothing out of it.

The Panthers fans are like all the rest of the fans in the NFL. If their team wins the fan base follows to away games. I sure didn’t see a lot of Carolina fans come down for the game at Ray Jay this season.

I can remember when the Bucs were a playoff team a few years ago our fans took over a Falcons home game. It seemed like 30% Bucs fans. Here is a video of Sapp scoring a TD. Listen to the fans cheer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDtNlQ-oytg

Please wait…

• FLASH

Participant

Bucs fans at Chargers home game during 2016. Had a few thousand there watching a win that put the Bucs in a tie for first in the NFC South. Win and they will follow.

Please wait…

• CyberDilemma

Participant

If you recall there was some stuff that went down the last time the Bucs played in London that was swept under the rug and everyone has been tight lipped ever since and I’m not talking about the Raheem/Talib dust-up in the hotel lobby. There clearly was a coverup and I think even those few in the media that might be privy to some of the information might have been sworn to secrecy on it. The Glazers came out with a statement after that game saying they were not volunteering to play there any longer which they had always done in the past because they make a lot more money off of those games than a 70 percent-filled RJS.

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

I am thinking about going, it would be cool. I bet the environment will be electric.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Wait for the EPL schedule to come out and plan accordingly. Sucks to lose a game but, it’s fun as hell over there. Bucs will have more fans 2 to 1. Tampa has always been a hotbed for the mugslammers to over here and visit. The Brits love Tampa. Always have.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

We may have more Bucs fans attend in London than we would at Ray J. If we are a good enough to really compete this year, it shouldn’t matter or become an excuse.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Paul with Buc Power is not happy with the London game.

http://www.bucpower.com/story1.htm

To say that its a kick in the teeth to Tampa Bay fans is going a bit overboard.   We have bigger fish to fry, which is to make the playoffs.

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

GottaJaboo is right, a lot of Europeans like the Bucs. I went to a bar in central Italy, and I was shocked to find that the owner was a Bucs fan. He talked all about the Super Bowl victory 15 years prior. I asked him why, and he thought the team, logo, colors, and city were great. Many of the Europeans that I talk to are fixated on Florida, mostly Miami. It’s natural to like a team from Florida. I always thought New York would have been the focal point but Florida is just as big or bigger.

Don’t discount the effect of these London games. I have a British friend who is a huge Browns fan, simply because he saw them play one time in London. He is very knowledgeable about them, and we often talk about the Brian Sipe years (I was a Browns and Dolphins fan in 1980 before I moved to Tampa in 1983). The British really support soccer, but they put  the same enthusiasm into these games. As much as this is inconvenient for people in Tampa, the Bucs could use more fans!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ridiculous to make this a division game! And the Bucs home game no less.

Difference between 5-11 vs 4-12. Not worth the whine fest.

Please wait…

• blind melon

Participant

I am looking forward to it and plan to be there. I’ve been to the last two (Pats and Bears) in Wembley and had great times for the week.

For those that haven’t been – It’s definitely worth the trip, it is a completely different entertainment experience. Fans (UK and otherwise) of all teams are there and enjoy the sport regardless of team support. I also like that overseas ExPats and military get the opportunity to see a game live.

It sucks the Bucs will now have lost 3 home games to the international series/London games.

I would have thought they’d get a break (with respect to being the ‘home’ team).

Maybe it’s more lucrative to ownership to have a ‘home game’? (My guess.)

Bottom line – 0-2, The Bucs are due for a win.

I would also expect the new team/staff will be very popular over there…

Regardless Ownership should also discount season tickets for holders because of it too…

I shake my head at how they don’t seem to get big moves in appreciation of the fans outweigh the minutia…

Please wait…

• GBOBUCSFAN

Participant

Do season ticket holders get first dibs on London tix? Someone mentioned they sell out very quickly.

Please wait…

• drew

Participant

I think it sucks losing a home game against a divisional opponent but i think its awesome to see us overseas. I know we have a good fan base over there that would love to see them live.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do season ticket holders get first dibs on London tix? Someone mentioned they sell out very quickly.

I don’t believe so.

Please wait…

• nybuccguy

Participant

This is atleast the third time we have played in England. Havent we been the “home” team every time? How is that fair or ethical?

Please wait…

• cheveliar

Participant

I will he there with Kangol on.

Please wait…

• Jr.3

Participant

Too me the home game for the overseas game should be decided by the two teams with the lowest attendance the year before and the two teams with the worst record.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too me the home game for the overseas game should be decided by the two teams with the lowest attendance the year before and the two teams with the worst record.

Bucs are highly competitive for that honor season after season, it appears…..

Please wait…

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.