Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Per Bucsreport.

The dream off season continues to get better & better!

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Isn’t winning a Super Bowl great?? Everyone wants to come here now.

• m_j

Participant

he was one of the best WR I saw, but I see no logic behind chasing him

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I’d much prefer we bring back AB

• cb

Participant

• Greattimes

Participant

Sometimes information is leaked to the press in order to get another player to sign for less than he is asking. Could it be that the Bucs are floating this story to get AB to lower his asking price?

• m_j

Participant

was my first thought as well

• mjs020294

Participant

Great WR and good guy but he has been in decline 2-3 years now. He adds nothing to the WR we already have. AB is five years younger and has a lot more left in the tank. Plus AB has only played half a season in two years so he is in very good shape.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Like fitz but not over Antonio brown

• Boid Fink

Participant

Nooooooooo…

Bring back AB. He isn’t a luxury. He’s a baller.

• buc_boi

Participant

Fitz can block, why not.

• TURBO

Participant

We can’t be a charity case and try to get everyone who used to be good, a ring.

Fitz and his best days are long gone.

Nope, we don’t need him.

• Roy

Participant

Why not? Because he’ll be 38. That’s why not.

• Vance

Participant

Would rather go for Ty Hilton .. we already have two big receivers.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Vance.

• JC5100

Participant

Hilton re-signed with Colts. We should have signed Humphries back. He would have clicked well with Brady, can return kicks and you don’t have to worry about bullshit like with AB.

• Roy

Participant

Humphries should retire. He missed more than a month last year because of a serious concussion. The way he plays he gets blasted quite often when he catches the ball in the middle of the field. He is good at hanging onto the ball after getting hit hard and that’s what we loved about him when he was with the Bucs, but those hits add up. If he resigned with us I would be cringing every time they threw him the ball.

He’s earned more than $20 mil in his career. He’s not in his prime. He’s a UDFA who has played a lot longer than most. He’d be trying to hang on for another year or two. Why should he risk it for another $2 or $3 mil per year when he could make that much just by investing well. How much is living a long life with a healthy brain worth to you, Adam?

As fans, we love to criticize the NFL for not doing enough about CTE, but if a favorite player wants to risk his brain to help our team win we don’t seem to mind too much. I say take your money and run, Humphries.

• The Freeman

Participant

rather draft a guy with speed on day 2 (in one of the best class ever) to compete with Scotty Miller and Tyler Johnson, and spend the cap space on a proven edge rusher!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Fitz is completely washed up. He should retire. Bucs don’t need to give spots away to men living off their name and not their merits.

• ABuccsFan

Participant

I don’t believe it, and I certainly hope it’s not true. Great player…..just not anymore.

“For a brief, shining moment in history a select breed truly lived free.”…….Unkown

• RudeGuy

Participant

Fitz is completely washed up. He should retire. Bucs don’t need to give spots away to men living off their name and not their merits.

Reminds me of when Gruden brought Tim Brown here to fair catch punts. I want to know if I’m the only one concerned with AB’s pending court case? This dude will be suspended by the NFL again if it turns out negative.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Reminds me of when Gruden brought Tim Brown here to fair catch punts. I want to know if I’m the only one concerned with AB’s pending court case? This dude will be suspended by the NFL again if it turns out negative.

what’s the concern?

two scenarios:

1 – (Most likely) – case is after the 2021 season
      2 – Case happens in December and Brown is immediately suspended; Scottie can easily step up as 3rd guy.

• RudeGuy

Participant

what’s the concern?

two scenarios:

2 – Case happens in December and Brown is immediately suspended; Scottie can easily step up as 3rd guy.

So none of the pretrial process is distracting to the players and coaches (subpoenas, player depositions, media questions)? It’s all a clean sheet?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

what’s the concern?

two scenarios:

So none of the pretrial process is distracting to the players and coaches (subpoenas, player depositions, media questions)? It’s all a clean sheet?

It will be a distraction to Antonio Brown but not to the point of impacting his play.

The rest of the guys are professionals and will be scripted what to address to the media in terms of questions as it pertains to it. Also, the players will get cream puff questions as they often do; let’s not pretend it’s like CNN vs Trump haha

considering the allegations happened prior to his time with Tampa, i’d imagine they would only subpeona the Bucs front office in terms of what communications they’ve had on the matter.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think when you bring in Antonio Brown at this point, you know what you are getting into and that’s why he hasn’t been signed. Why his best option is probably tampa because of Brady and it’s already worked. This season if it didn’t work we were just gonna drop him and the whole team understood this. If we did it again it would be the same program as last year. If he went elsewhere and screws up it’s not on a tom brady to take the slack it’s the team and gm who signed him. Here if it happens we just say hey Brady your buddy fucked up ok let’s get back to work.

• Boid Fink

Participant

No it’s a concern. I have a feeling money will settle these cases amicably. But you never know.

But make no mistake…AB is not just a luxury item. He’s a playmaking baller. He has some time and familiarity with this offense…his value is actually quite significant. They have studs, but having three stud wideouts to compliment Johnson and Scooter who are developing young talents, is critical as well.

I think AB is very important. Bucs need to get their finances and lawyers together quick, and decide what to do. If he is clearly not going to be available this year, well…that would suck but there are guys that can be had that would help. But they won’t be nearly as good as AB. Not even close.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Per Bucsreport.

The dream off season continues to get better & better!

This would be a horrible signing. Fitz has been over the hill for a few years now. He looks slow and doesn’t get separation anymore. Had 400 yards receiving in 16 games last year. A practice squad receiver could match that production.

• adkindo

Participant

If money or roster slots was unlimited, then sure bring him in. Since that is not the case, I do not see the positive angle…..but I do see the negative angle. He plays in the slot, which would force Godwin to the outside. Godwin is a good outside receiver, but he is a great slot receiver…..and while Fitzgerald has been known to be a good blocker in his career, he is not the blocker that Godwin is in 2021.

I notice a lot of voices claiming that we do not need AB, but AB is a nice fit for this roster. If he returns and has a full camp to prepare, we even may get a much better version of AB in 2021. AB is only 32 and closing in on HOF numbers. I know some people doubt he gets into the HOF, but according to the PFR Pro Football WR Hall of Fame Monitor, he is very close to the average score for all HOF receivers….and only two current players have a higher score (Larry Fitzgerald & Julio Jones).

• BadabingBucs

Participant

any thoughts on Bucs signing Dan Marino as third string QB so we can get him a ring as well?

• seekpar

Participant

Can’t sign him, 13 is taken.

• m_j

Participant

13.2 :-)

btw. I do not see Fitz playing anywhere but in Arizona

• MikeAlsottsShoulderPads

Participant

If money or roster slots was unlimited, then sure bring him in. Since that is not the case, I do not see the positive angle…..but I do see the negative angle. He plays in the slot, which would force Godwin to the outside. Godwin is a good outside receiver, but he is a great slot receiver…..and while Fitzgerald has been known to be a good blocker in his career, he is not the blocker that Godwin is in 2021.

I notice a lot of voices claiming that we do not need AB, but AB is a nice fit for this roster. If he returns and has a full camp to prepare, we even may get a much better version of AB in 2021. AB is only 32 and closing in on HOF numbers. I know some people doubt he gets into the HOF, but according to the PFR Pro Football WR Hall of Fame Monitor, he is very close to the average score for all HOF receivers….and only two current players have a higher score (Larry Fitzgerald & Julio Jones).

This is a great take. I agree with everything you said here.

• Randall P. MacMurphy

Participant

Obviously this is an April Fools’ thread. Fitz, the Hall of Famer that he is, would barely be number 6 on the Bucs depth chart even without AB. I would take Justin Watson and his speed and special teams every day over the admired but over the hill LarryFitz.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

AB will be the last t sign.

Why would you re-sign him early? He could be arrested tomorrow, and get a years suspension.

Last time he got paid big money he literally lost the plot and was almost out of football permanently.

We’re taling about a guy with rape allegations, who happens to have severe mental issues hat he was able to keep in check for 8 games last year when he knew one slip up would cost him his career.

If another team wants him then let him go. Most likely he’ll be signed a couple weeks before the season starts IF he keeps his nose clean.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys