Viewing 267 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Josh McCown is "one of the most special leaders" Jason Licht has been around By Sander Philipse?@Sanderrp Jun 13 2014,  8:01pm leader_zpsf8b3bd3e.jpgKim Klement-USA TODAY Sports The Tampa Bay Buccaneers may not have a franchise quarterback, but they at least have a leader at the position. Josh McCown is the the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' starting quarterback, for now at least, and in large part that's because Lovie Smith trusts him. It's well-established that Lovie was the driving force behind the signing of the veteran passer, and one of the reasons was McCown's leadership. A bit of an odd trait for a career backup quarterback, but everything we've heard suggests that McCown's leadership has been a formidable force this offseason. Over at The MMQB, Greg Bedard interviewed Jason Licht and came away with a pretty hyperbolic-sounding quote on Josh McCown's leadership."Lovie talked about it since day one when I was hired about Josh and how Josh was the type of person we needed in this locker room and on this team for the very reasons you're talking about," Licht said. "Of course I believe what Lovie said and trust him, but to see it firsthand within the first days that we actually signed him ... the guy is just special. He lives, breathes and eats football. Somehow, he just has a way to capture the entire team. They all love this guy. He's really one of the most special leaders I think I've ever been around." That's high praise coming from Licht, who was around Tom Brady in New England for years. "And I say it meaning it too," Licht said. It's interesting that McCown's leadership has been consistently highlighted by the Buccaneers, by the press and by the players since the day he stepped into the building. You don't often see this kind of praise for 34-year-old journeymen. They may turn out to be solid game managers, quiet leaders, the kind of people who can make a team a little better. But the story surrounding McCown has been one of an extraordinary leader in all aspects. McCown is a positive guy, which is one thing, but he's also displayed a willingness to help develop his backup -- most quarterbacks (including Tom Brady) scoff at that. Leadership isn't enough to win games (it always starts on the field), but it certainly can't hurt. And someone who holds everyone accountable without being abrasive can lift the play of an entire unit. Of course, that same special leader has started all of 38 games in a 12-year career that included a stint in the USFL, and was never good enough to unseat a starting quarterback. There's a little reason to be skeptical, but accounts on the impact of his leadership have been pretty consistent. Now the question is whether he can translate that leadership into on-field play. In the piece, Licht also acknowledges that both guard positions are problems right now, and that he doesn't know whether Carl Nicks will be able to play. The noises coming out of One Buc Place on Nicks have been largely positive, so that's an interesting and/or disappointing development. Josh McCown can be the greatest leader the game has ever seen, and it will be completely irrelevant if the guards can't play.link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m glad we invested in the right McCown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We haven’t had a Leader like him since Jeff Garcia.Welcome aboard!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We all have our ideas of what makes a great QB, but for me, it starts with leadership. A QB who ain’t got it will NEVER reach the pinnacle of greatness, no matter how fast he runs or how strong his arm is… Leadership starts with personal responsibilty, and is demonstrated thru positive, willful and confident actions as well as verbally. A powerful force that should permeate the entire huddle. Bart Starr had it, Johhny Unitas had it, and neither had the fleet feet or rocket arms we are all mesmerized by today.    If Josh really does have the "IT" factor, otherwise known as Leadership, stand back, folks, we're gonna be good, and fairly soon...

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

We all have our ideas of what makes a great QB, but for me, it starts with leadership. A QB who ain't got it will NEVER reach the pinnacle of greatness, no matter how fast he runs or how strong his arm is... Leadership starts with personal responsibilty, and is demonstrated thru positive, willful and confident actions as well as verbally. A powerful force that should permeate the entire huddle. Bart Starr had it, Johhny Unitas had it, and neither had the fleet feet or rocket arms we are all mesmerized by today.    If Josh really does have the "IT" factor, otherwise known as Leadership, stand back, folks, we're gonna be good, and fairly soon...

Can I get an "Amen" from the congregation?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The anti-Glennon conspiracy rears its ugly head again

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What good is McCown’s leadership when Glennon is clearly leading this arms race? Don’t take my word for it though…..Ask 10lb!!

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

What good is McCown's leadership when Glennon is clearly leading this arms race? Don't take my word for it though.....Ask 10lb!!

If "insider trading" can get you real prison time, 10lb should get a life sentence for all his insider knowledge!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What good is McCown's leadership when Glennon is clearly leading this arms race? Don't take my word for it though.....Ask 10lb!!

If "insider trading" can get you real prison time, 10lb should get a life sentence for all his insider knowledge! being full of sh*t.

Not sure you get prison time for that.  :P

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

If "insider trading" can get you real prison time, 10lb should get a life sentence for all his insider knowledge! being full of sh*t.

Not sure you get prison time for that.  :P

It's kinda like a locker room.  Policed from within.  At least those who are 'in the know' know those who aren't!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We haven't had a Leader like him since Jeff Garcia.Welcome aboard!!!

What did Garcia do here besides ride the defense, running game and special teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We haven't had a Leader like him since Jeff Garcia.Welcome aboard!!!

What did Garcia do here besides ride the defense, running game and special teams.

B*slap Luke McClown.Does that count?  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Typical Tampa goober response. Defense sets the offense inside the 20, run game takes them down to the goal line, Garcia throws a play action TD pass or runs it in, pounds his chest and you eat it up as “leadership”.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, an injured Graham, an injured Dunn, Alex Smith at TE, a badly injured Galloway for the playoffs, and Clayton/Ike Hilliard at the No.2 receiver.WE WERE LOADED!!!8-4 clinched division9-3

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The three most difficult games we won 2007-2008 were with Gradkowski, McCown and Griese. Says all you need to know about how worthless Garcia was to those teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The three most difficult games we won 2007-2008 were with Gradkowski, McCown and Griese. Says all you need to know about how worthless Garcia was to those teams.

Cool story bro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cool story bro.

Why does anyone give a crap about the astoundingly mediocre teams of yore put haphazardly together by two people  that couldn't evaluate talent for sh*t.  We are looking for our first playoff when since San Diego, nothing since then has been remotely interesting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A guy who loves Freeman doesn’t understand what leadership means to a football team? Color me shocked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I read the thread title and thought this was a Glennon thread…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s what you get for thinking. Zing!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I read the thread title and thought this was a Glennon thread...

Why would you think that? Because it states we may not have a franchise QB?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I read the thread title and thought this was a Glennon thread...

Why would you think that? Because it states we may not have a franchise QB?

That question does remain...

“My understanding is he’s respected in the locker room and he’ll grow as a leader, too,’’ Tedford said. “You’re a rookie, a backup and then you move into that (starter’s) role, it’s hard to grab the reins and do that.“But my understanding is he’s a very well-respected guy in the locker room and I think that will continue to get better. The more you do it the more you feel this is your team and the more leadership you can provide.’’http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/bucs-oc-tedford-sees-positives-in-qb-glennon-20140115/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On offense, Tedford will win us over after a few real games. He’s comfirming what some of us saw last year; Glennon IS a legit NFL QB prospect. Doing what he did on such a bad team as a rookie seemed remarkable at the time, and apparently Tedford agrees.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The article title is true, we don’t have a franchise QB, but McCown is a leader. Glennon is a pile of fail at the QB position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A guy who loves Freeman doesn't understand what leadership means to a football team? Color me shocked.

A guy who loves McCoy thinks leadership is running to every camera and microphone in sight and disappearing when his team needs him most.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A guy who loves Freeman doesn't understand what leadership means to a football team? Color me shocked.

A guy who loves McCoy thinks leadership is running to every camera and microphone in sight and disappearing when his team needs him most.

You're hilarious. Everyone hands you your @ss for your never-ending Freeman love so you attack one of the players who actually makes a huge positive impact for the team and is very popular among board members......and you try to convince everyone that you're right about him.LOL. Good stuff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well....McCoy does show up on time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The article title is true, we don't have a franchise QB, but McCown is a leader. Glennon is a pile of fail at the QB position.

I have to say my first impression of that title was, is that a dig at Freeman and/or Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You've gotta do better than this, JC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The article title is true, we don't have a franchise QB, but McCown is a leader. Glennon is a pile of fail at the QB position.

I have to say my first impression of that title was, is that a dig at Freeman and/or Glennon?

i think that shoe would fit both of them

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think that shoe would fit both of them

For sure with Freetard. But we will have to see with Glennon. I think their plan is to see how he progresses this season. Barring injury to Mac, he won't play much, maybe a little mop up duty. But even in practice, they will get a feel for his knowledge of the offense. Then next offseason, the big brass will have a pow wow and decide his future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is a leader of men.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're hilarious. Everyone hands you your @ss for your never-ending Freeman love so you attack one of the players who actually makes a huge positive impact for the team and is very popular among board members......and you try to convince everyone that you're right about him.LOL. Good stuff.

Lol so true

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon led several losing efforts, ESPECIALLY a huge second half collapse in Seattle, he will be a great crew leader at Burger King in a few years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon led several losing efforts, ESPECIALLY a huge second half collapse in Seattle, he will be a great crew leader at Burger King in a few years.

Maybe he could lead Charlie Sheen's "Winning!" campaign.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon gave us the Seahawks lead. Schiano decided to try and sit on it , and the defense failed.GlennonTD.gifLook at that Leader of Men . Milton mad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon gave us the Seahawks lead. Schiano decided to try and sit on it , and the defense failed.GlennonTD.gifLook at that Leader of Men . Milton mad.

You're trying WAY too hard buddy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fact is, after watching that game I knew Glennon could play in this league at a high level.  The coaching staff is seeing proof of that now.  Hate on Glennon all you want, you will be miserable as a Bucs fan, he will be our starter very soon and for a long time. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The future is so bright I gotta wear shades .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lb, I guess you are as ignorant as you sound. I’ve simply stated that I don’t know if he is a franchise QB. I’d like to see him spend a year on the bench, learning from McCown, bulking up a bit, working on his issues with phantom pressure, working on his accuracy, working on his decision making, etc. But, of course, you are this astute evaluator of QB’s in the NFL. You have “all of these inside sources” and other bullsh*t that you ramble on about. Just because I’m not a Glennon-Slurper like you and your buddy Calico, doesn’t mean I’m a Glennon-Hater. But, I don’t expect someone as moronic as you to be able to comprehend that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fact is, after watching that game I knew Glennon could play in this league at a high level.  The coaching staff is seeing proof of that now.  Hate on Glennon all you want, you will be miserable as a Bucs fan, he will be our starter very soon and for a long time.

He will get booed like most crappy starters this team has had. If Glennon is the starter this team better have a top 2 or 3 defense every year he is here or we will be finishing 4th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will get booed like most crappy starters this team has had. If Glennon is the starter this team better have a top 2 or 3 defense every year he is here or we will be finishing 4th.

Just plain angry. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Furthermore if you think that Glennon can be a high level NFL QB, you literally know NOTHING about football, and I mean NOTHING.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just plain right.

Yeah, I know.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Furthermore if you think that Glennon can be a high level NFL QB, you literally know NOTHING about football, and I mean NOTHING.

Ha!  Keep telling yourself that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ha!  Keep telling yourself that.

Do you think the NFC South will be happy if Glennon is named the starter? Hell yes they will be, it takes us right out contention. Intelligent NFL people know Glennon is dogshit as a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon was a high level QB as you say he is, the Bucs would have been offered at least a first round pick. They weren’t. FACT. Glennon sucks and if he somehow ends up starting.. well we are picking in the top 5 again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Poor Milton is an angry angry man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Poor Milton is an angry angry man.

I don't agree with Milton, because...well...many reasons. But, on the flip side, 10lb is a total idiot. His take is essentially, "If you don't think Glennon should start, you're a hater. You're not a Buc's fan if you don't think Glennon should be the starter. And he will start, because I have sources". I actually used to think 10lb was a fairly intelligent poster. Now, he's shown he's nothing more than a Glennon-Slurper.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was watching a game today..... 3rd and 2 at the 25, up by 3 with 3 mins to go. At worst you get a gimme FG and a 6 pt lead. He drops back to pass, the middle of the field parts like the Red Sea. Instead of trotting forward for the first down, he stands there.....one mississippi, two mississippi, three mississippi then takes a sack for a 7 yd loss. 4th and 9 and we miss the FG. This is why i'm not a fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was watching a game today..... 3rd and 2 at the 25, up by 3 with 3 mins to go. At worst you get a gimme FG and a 6 pt lead. He drops back to pass, the middle of the field parts like the Red Sea. Instead of trotting forward for the first down, he stands there.....one mississippi, two mississippi, three mississippi then takes a sack for a 7 yd loss. 4th and 9 and we miss the FG. This is why i'm not a fan.

The trouble is, we don't know what his instructions were.  Knowing Schiano, he may have been ordered to not run it, and not throw balls that could be picked.  He looked hamstrung out there most of the time. As in overthinking everything.  There were times when he put all that aside and just played ball. And he looked way better when doing that.I will never forget Schiano getting asked at a presser. Why not let Mike run the 2 minute more, or even all the time, when he looked great doing that?Schiano's answer.    We don't do that. Its not something we do. For me, that was the tipping point. A WTF moment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because he made a rookie mistake? You seem reasonable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The pressure came from ends. Not up the middle. tumblr_inline_n0jlhvcjSP1qjpkwd.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The trouble is, we don't know what his instructions were.  Knowing Schiano, he may have been ordered to not run it, and not get a 1st down.....are you kidding me? and not throw balls that could be picked. well throw it outta bounds He looked hamstrung out there most of the time.brain cramp As in overthinking everything.  There were times when he put all that aside and just played ball. And he looked way better when doing that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The trouble is, we don't know what his instructions were.  Knowing Schiano, he may have been ordered to not run it, and not get a 1st down.....are you kidding me? and not throw balls that could be picked. well throw it outta bounds He looked hamstrung out there most of the time.brain cramp As in overthinking everything.  There were times when he put all that aside and just played ball. And he looked way better when doing that.

I hear ya man. But I wouldn't put it past Schiano to be such a control freak.  When Favre was young they tried to control every little thing. It wasn't until he started sayin F-you to the play call, and did whatever the hell he wanted too. Then he became a legend. I am sayin some players get paralyzed by too many instructions.  Some guys are not wired that way. They need to play instinctive football to be their best.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lolz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Settling for mediocre at the most important position in all of sports is unreasonable.....and something we've done since the inception of this franchise.  I prefer to set my sights higher.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Settling for mediocre at the most important position in all of sports is unreasonable.....and something we've done since the inception of this franchise.  I prefer to set my sights higher.

Just a reminder, the Hawks just won the Super Bowl without an elite QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You prefer to not give Glennon the same chance you would just about any other QB that would have put up his rookie #s.  RGIII had 16TDs and 12 Picks last year, his second season, for example and I would bet you you are more of a fan of his than you are of Glennon.  You and Jdub think you see a ceiling in someone based on some kind of internal hatred you have for the guy as if he's done something personal to you. Glennon will convert you in short order, i'm sure of it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You prefer to not give Glennon the same chance you would just about any other QB that would have put up his rookie #s.  RGIII had 16TDs and 12 Picks last year, his second season, for example and I would bet you you are more of a fan of his than you are of Glennon.  You and Jdub think you see a ceiling in someone based on some kind of internal hatred you have for the guy as if he's done something personal to you. Glennon will convert you in short order, i'm sure of it.

Maybe they prefer to have him actually EARN it. Maybe they don't feel the same as you, in regards to it being simply "handed" to him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good lord please tell me you are not comparing Wilson and Glennon

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not at all. I am sayin you can win the Super Bowl without an elite QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You might not consider him elite, but he makes plays.  That makes him the anti-glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to quote my daughter, "ohhh emm gee"....not another Glennon/Wilson comparison?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sure....if you have one of the greatest defenses of all time!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, the Broncos just made the Super Bowl with a less than stellar defense. I believe they were ranked about 20th or so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, the Broncos just made the Super Bowl with a less than stellar defense. I believe they were ranked about 20th or so.

what do the Broncos have to do with this conversation?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wilson had the #7 passer rating and #4 yards per attempt in the entire NFL. He was elite.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol , FRG still thinks Wilson is elite.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Passer rating1. Nick Foles2. Peyton Manning3. Josh McCown4. Philip Rivers5. Aaron Rodgers6. Drew Brees7. Russell Wilson21. Mike Glennon Yards per attempt1. Nick Foles2. Aaron Rodgers3. Peyton Manning4. Russell Wilson37. Mike Glennon

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pick those cherries FRG ! Pick those Cherries !!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Broncos defense was the worst I've ever seen play in a Super Bowl.  That said, you can win the Lombardi with solid QB play, but you'd need a killer defense.  Dilfer and the Ravens come to mind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Broncos defense was the worst I've ever seen play in a Super Bowl.  That said, you can win the Lombardi with solid QB play, but you'd need a killer defense.  Dilfer and the Ravens come to mind.

Flacco and the Ravens come to mind too.  He may be money in the playoffs, but marginal at best in the regular season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pick those cherries FRG ! Pick those Cherries !!

Russell-Wilson-Bradshaw.400.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cue the picture of Trent Dilfer holding up a trophy.Lolz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs did it with the human statue, Brad Johnson…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs did it with the human statue, Brad Johnson...

Brad Johnson had the #3 passer rating in the NFL in 2002.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guess that means BJ was an elite QB in this league.When is the HOF induction ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just for grins, anyone care to give their definition of a “Franchise QB”?   From what I've heard from experts, it's virtually a matter of opinion; there is no clearcut definition, which I actually agree with. There are good QBs, bad QBs, and all-the-rest. Greatness is just being good for many years... McCown is "old" in years for a football player, but not old in football years, as he's not played much. He's re-invented himself by coaching for a time, gaining a whole new perspective.If he picks up where he left off last season and stays healthy for several years, it could get real interesting...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be a “Franchise QB”, one must have had to re-negotiated his contract on two occasions to help his club out with salary cap issues…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Simple.  To be a franchise QB, you have to play well enough, consistently enough to convince your franchise that by making a change at that position they will likely be worse off than what you provide. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don’t see a lot of Neil Lomax statues, tho’…

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Spider 2 Y Banana:   "Simple.  To be a franchise QB, you have to play well enough, consistently enough to convince your franchise that by making a change at that position they will likely be worse off than what you provide."That sounds more like starting qb than franchise qb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spider 2 Y Banana:   "Simple.  To be a franchise QB, you have to play well enough, consistently enough to convince your franchise that by making a change at that position they will likely be worse off than what you provide."That sounds more like starting qb than franchise qb.

Every team has a starting QB...not a franchise QB. 

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

"We'd probably be worse off if we changed" just sounds like an awful low bar for franchise qb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is Tony Romo a franchise qb?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tony Romo is not a franchise QB and he never has been.  The Cowboys under his watch have exactly one playoff win and the franchise is about as relevant as the Jaguars.  Nobody gives a sh*t about the Cowboys and I’m sure your franchise has to matter in order to be a franchise QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Easily.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think being a Franchise QB means that not only do you put up verifiable stats on a consistent basis, you are the kind of player that makes your fans confident you’ll win 10 games and be in the playoffs every single year. You may not always accomplish it, but there’s a universal feeling that you are capable of getting your team there,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

By my definition, yes.  They have made no real moves to bring in competition and then resigned him to an extension.  I think some people want to equate "Elite QB" and "Franchise QB".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Romo is so underappreciated it’s not even funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL @ you thinking he's not!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Romo is so underappreciated it's not even funny.

He makes nobody around him better.  He's made a mockery of the America's Team moniker.  It's nice to see that you have set your sights so high. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Simple.  To be a franchise QB, you have to play well enough, consistently enough to convince your franchise that by making a change at that position they will likely be worse off than what you provide.

Bingo. And there are only a handful of QBs that any GM would take over him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He carried them, there's no doubt about it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Romo is so underappreciated it's not even funny.

He makes nobody around him better.  He's made a mockery of the America's Team moniker.  It's nice to see that you have set your sights so high.

Jerry Jones is the mockery.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s not elite. An elite QB can dominate a game with his arm alone and doesnt need to take off and improvise everytime his 1st read is covered.Wilson is no where near that guy yet.  He could never have won a Superbowl on any team other than one like Seattle with a dominant defense. Put him on the Broncos and they aren't nearly as good and wouldn't have even gotten to the Superbowl. Put Manning on the Seahawks and they are even better.Manning is elite. Wilson , not. What Wilson is is a smart playmaker , which you can win a boatload of games with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Elite QB’s:  P. Manning, D. Brees, T. Brady, A. RodgersFranchise QB's: J. Flacco, B. Rapistburger, A. Luck, A. Smith, P. Rivers, J. Cutler, M. Stafford, M. Ryan, C. Newton, T. Romo, C. Kaepernick, R. Wilson, E. ManningPossible Franchise QB's: A. Dalton, R. Tannehill, N. Foles, RG3Then...The rest

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spider and I think a lot a like . Totally agree.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think being a Franchise QB means that not only do you put up verifiable stats on a consistent basis, you are the kind of player that makes your fans confident you'll win 10 games and be in the playoffs every single year. You may not always accomplish it, but there's a universal feeling that you are capable of getting your team there,

Not just your fans, more importantly, your teammates!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone that thinks Wilson was simply along for the ride is delusional. Dude is smart, makes plays when needed, and doesn't make boneheaded mistakes. Most importantly, his teammates believe in him. Being the sports psychologist that you are, you should know how much weight that carries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Elite QB's:  P. Manning, D. Brees, T. Brady, A. RodgersFranchise QB's: J. Flacco, B. Rapistburger, A. Luck, A. Smith, P. Rivers, J. Cutler, M. Stafford, M. Ryan, C. Newton, T. Romo, C. Kaepernick, R. Wilson, E. ManningPossible Franchise QB's: A. Dalton, R. Tannehill, N. Foles, RG3Then...The rest

good post..I agree but I do think I would add Foles to the franchise qb list too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone that thinks Wilson was simply along for the ride is delusional. Dude is smart, makes plays when needed, and doesn't make boneheaded mistakes. Most importantly, his teammates believe in him. Being the sports psychologist that you are, you should know how much weight that carries.

Yep... His stats last year looked very similar to Brad Johnson's in 2002. When the rest of the team around you is awesome you don't have to be the hero. I think Mccown can do the same thing in the right situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great, Flacco's teammates believe in him as well but without Ray Lewis and Ed Reed they are a middle of the road team.  I like Russell Wilson a lot but he's far from "Elite".  He's definitely trending in the right direction but any QB would benefit from that defense.  Even someone that pays as little attention to the specifics of the game like you should know that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lolz.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty sure that Wilson’s ceiling is higher than any of our QB’s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great, Flacco's teammates believe in him as well but without Ray Lewis and Ed Reed they are a middle of the road team.  I like Russell Wilson a lot but he's far from "Elite".  He's definitely trending in the right direction but any QB would benefit from that defense.  Even someone that pays as little attention to the specifics of the game like you should know that.

Forgive my use of the word "elite" as there are only 4 of those....but there is no doubt in my mind that Wilson is in the next tier and very far from a JAG. To offer Glennon in any type of comparison to him is beyond laughable. Thinkin about it though, comedy is good this time a year. It makes the offseason a little more bearable and laughter is good medicine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thinkin about it though, comedy is good this time a year. It makes the offseason a little more bearable and laughter is good medicine.

I'm starting to think 10lb's "inside sources" is Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Forgive my use of the word "elite" as there are only 4 of those....but there is no doubt in my mind that Wilson is in the next tier and very far from a JAG. To offer Glennon in any type of comparison to him is beyond laughable. Thinkin about it though, comedy is good this time a year. It makes the offseason a little more bearable and laughter is good medicine.

One QB has been a starter for two seasons and half of those he's accomplished the only thing any NFL player gets out of bed for.  So, no, there is no comparing Russell to Glennon right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thinkin about it though, comedy is good this time a year. It makes the offseason a little more bearable and laughter is good medicine.

Hell, maybe its Schiano himself. Lord knows he's got a lotta free time these days. Only a Glennon or the guy that brought him here would defend him with such fervor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell, maybe its Schiano himself. Lord knows he's got a lotta free time these days. Only a Glennon or the guy that brought him here would defend him with such fervor.

I have been on record stating that he's one of Mike's little sisters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Forgive my use of the word "elite" as there are only 4 of those....but there is no doubt in my mind that Wilson is in the next tier

So why did you Lol that I don't think he Is elite ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, no, there is no comparing Russell to Glennon right now.

And there probably never will be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTUtvAtWMnk#t=345

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They play completely different games .Of course they don’t compare. I can see Glennon comparing to Flacco though in the future. He actually had a better rookie season than Flacco.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTUtvAtWMnk#t=345

So basically, it's McCown's job to lose.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…and he has every chance of doing that…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is our starter in September.  It’s really that simple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Elite QB's:  P. Manning, D. Brees, T. Brady, A. RodgersFranchise QB's: J. Flacco, B. Rapistburger, A. Luck, A. Smith, P. Rivers, J. Cutler, M. Stafford, M. Ryan, C. Newton, T. Romo, C. Kaepernick, R. Wilson, E. ManningPossible Franchise QB's: A. Dalton, R. Tannehill, N. Foles, RG3Then...The rest

good post..I agree but I do think I would add Foles to the franchise qb list too.

If Foles even comes close to last year, then I would have no problem putting him there.  Lack of sample size and the trade rumors swirling around him this off season doesnt put him in the "franchise" category for me.  Thats why he is in the "maybe" pile right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is our starter in September.  It's really that simple.

You've yet to give a logical reason as to why. Other than your "super duper secret sources".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...and he has every chance of doing that...

...and Glennon has every chance of not earning it...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Foles even comes close to last year, then I would have no problem putting him there.  Lack of sample size and the trade rumors swirling around him this off season doesnt put him in the "franchise" category for me.  Thats why he is in the "maybe" pile right now.

Yeah he just hasn't done it long enough yet. I would take him over a few guys on the list though. I hate to say it but i am looking forward to watching the eagles play this year. With sproles and mccoy they are gonna drive defenses crazy. I buried my hatchet when we stole their souls at the vet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both of them should be asked to earn it... that's competition.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is our starter in September.  It's really that simple.

You've yet to give a logical reason as to why. Other than your "super duper secret sources".

10lbbass is going to run over McCown in the parking lot

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only love Dalton is getting will be from outside Cincinnati. He’s very average. The guy can’t advance with a really good team and top defense.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

Glennon will be the starter? C’mon

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Problem is, Glennon slurpers think that he should be handed the job and that he earned it. You know, because he led the #32 ranked offense last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Problem is, Glennon slurpers think that he should be handed the job and that he earned it. You know, because he led the #32 ranked offense last year.

Only in your twisted mind.  But, they guy who got benched twice in a span of 6 games gets a coronation?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only in your twisted mind.  But, they guy who got benched twice in a span of 6 games gets a coronation?

What CJ says.  If I thought for one second that they weren't similar talent wise I would say it's McCown all day.  The fact is, if you are making hard and sometimes not so fast decisions about your future, you are going to have a true competition. I think Glennon will win the pre-season competition and Lovie will have a decision to make. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What CJ says.  If I thought for one second that they weren't similar talent wise I would say it's McCown all day.  The fact is, if you are making hard and sometimes not so fast decisions about your future, you are going to have a true competition. I think Glennon will win the pre-season competition and Lovie will have a decision to make.

See right here? That's what I don't get with you. One minute you say HE WILL win the starting job. The next minute you say you THINK HE WILL win the starting job. I have no problem with either one. It's just that when anyone feels the opposite, you go on your rants of "I know more than you" and other garbage similar to that. From all the reports I've read, it's McCown's job to lose. And if McCown can't beat out a QB like Glennon, then I don't want him as our starter. He simply wouldn't be deserving of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Forgive my use of the word "elite" as there are only 4 of those....but there is no doubt in my mind that Wilson is in the next tier

So why did you Lol that I don't think he Is elite ?

Because i find the insinuation that Wilson is along for the ride to be laughable as are the comparisons to Dilfer!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, the QB who led the league's worst offense, who was absolutely atrocious against the blitz, who succumbed to phantom pressure, never threw more than 2 TD's in a single game, never threw for over 250 yards in a single game, etc. should get the coronation. Sorry, my mind is not twisted. I want to see an actual competition. And like I said earlier. if McCown can't beat out the likes of Glennon, I don't want him as our starter. I've stated this multiple times. Perhaps if you pulled your head out of Glennon's *ss, you'd be able to see that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t say he was only along for the ride. I said he was a smart player and an excellent playmaker , a guy you can win with , but not elite.You should be laughing at FRG who actually believes Wilson is on the same tier as Brees-Rodgers-Brady-Manning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, the QB who led the league's worst offense, who was absolutely atrocious against the blitz, who succumbed to phantom pressure, never threw more than 2 TD's in a single game, never threw for over 250 yards in a single game, etc. should get the coronation. Sorry, my mind is not twisted. I want to see an actual competition. And like I said earlier. if McCown can't beat out the likes of Glennon, I don't want him as our starter. I've stated this multiple times. Perhaps if you pulled your head out of Glennon's *ss, you'd be able to see that.

Never said there should be a coronation of either player...  only in your mind.But, during that 6 game stretch, McCown and the Bears went 3-2... Glennon and the Bucs went 4-2.  The Bucs' 2 losses were against the eventual Super Bowl champions in overtime and the Panthers.  That's the best pass defense and the 6th best.  The Bears lost to the 19th and 31st ranked passing defenses.  Common opponent... Rams beat the Bucs by 10, the Bears by 21.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't say he was only along for the ride. I said he was a smart player and an excellent playmaker , a guy you can win with , but not elite.You should be laughing at FRG who actually believes Wilson is on the same tier as Brees-Rodgers-Brady-Manning.

I'll have to give some thought to which QB, other than those 4, i'd take over Wilson. I know that list is very short!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

See right here? That's what I don't get with you. One minute you say HE WILL win the starting job. The next minute you say you THINK HE WILL win the starting job. I have no problem with either one. It's just that when anyone feels the opposite, you go on your rants of "I know more than you" and other garbage similar to that. From all the reports I've read, it's McCown's job to lose. And if McCown can't beat out a QB like Glennon, then I don't want him as our starter. He simply wouldn't be deserving of it.

The writing is on the wall. That's all I've ever said. I read information and talk to people outside of the local Buc jerk off session. Neutral, unemotional information, so I can properly prepare for the upcoming football season. Based on what I have read I think Glennon has a better chance at winning the job than McCown. I don't owe anyone on here proof of what I read or who I talk to. I am making an informed prediction. It's real easy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mah sources

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The writing is on the wall. That's all I've ever said. I read information and talk to people outside of the local Buc jerk off session. Neutral, unemotional information, so I can properly prepare for the upcoming football season. Based on what I have read I think Glennon has a better chance at winning the job than McCown. I don't owe anyone on here proof of what I read or who I talk to. I am making an informed prediction. It's real easy.

Writing on the wall? Trade rumors involving Glennon, McCown being brought in and immediately named starter, McCown outplaying Glennon throughout OTA's, etc. Oh yeah, you "know people".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those were some kind of rumors alright…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Donkey and Hate just plain dont like Glennon.  It’s not my job to get you to like him.  McCown outplaying Glennon in June.  That’s cute dude – go play catch with you Dad in the backyard and pretend that your Staubach or something.  This is real football and in real football more goes into a decision than, “I wonder what a couple of JAGs on the Red Board hope will happen?”.  Jesus, grow up and approach this game with an ounce of intellect.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

Donkey and Hate just plain dont like Glennon.  It's not my job to get you to like him.  McCown outplaying Glennon in June.  That's cute dude - go play catch with you Dad in the backyard and pretend that your Staubach or something.  This is real football and in real football more goes into a decision than, "I wonder what a couple of JAGs on the Red Board hope will happen?".  Jesus, grow up and approach this game with an ounce of intellect.

you're telling some dudes to "grow up" while crying that they "don't like" your guy and while telling them to "go play catch"?  Lol, you put a lot of thought into that post didn't you?"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Donkey and Hate just plain dont like Glennon.  It's not my job to get you to like him.  McCown outplaying Glennon in June.  That's cute dude - go play catch with you Dad in the backyard and pretend that your Staubach or something.  This is real football and in real football more goes into a decision than, "I wonder what a couple of JAGs on the Red Board hope will happen?".  Jesus, grow up and approach this game with an ounce of intellect.

you're telling some dudes to "grow up" while crying that they "don't like" your guy and while telling them to "go play catch"?  Lol, you put a lot of thought into that post didn't you?"

Jim - Welcome to the board buddy.  I dont have "a guy" - I have simply predicted something that others dont want to hear about.  Let me know if you need a quick education on football or the positions or anything.  I am here to help.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

Jim - Welcome to the board buddy.  I dont have "a guy" - I have simply predicted something that others dont want to hear about.  Let me know if you need a quick education on football or the positions or anything.  I am here to help.

You get that this is an anonymous board, right? Pretty tough place you've chosen to sell your Football Knowledge self-help book.  Thought that through less then your prior post?lol, I kid,  . . .  carry on self-proclaimed internet football wizard

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You get that this is an anonymous board, right? Pretty tough place you've chosen to sell your Football Knowledge self-help book.  Thought that through less then your prior post?lol, I kid,  . . .  carry on self-proclaimed internet football wizard

Lol.. they should do one of those bud light real men of genius songs. Mr. Internet football wizard!! Thank you

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not hiding.  I back my predictions up whether they are wrong or not.  If everybody on the message board agreed, it would not be worth being a part of.  Some advice, you should really think your posts through prior to posting. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not hiding.  I back my predictions up whether they are wrong or not.  If everybody on the message board agreed, it would not be worth being a part of.  Some advice, you should really think your posts through prior to posting.

Definitely "thing" your post through.. the wizard has spoken!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aww he fixed it. Magical wizard

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lb, it’s not your predictions that people have a problem with. It’s your pompous attitude.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

I'm not hiding.  I back my predictions up whether they are wrong or not. 

good for "you" . . . that's very stand up of "you,"  . . . .. . but maybe you should try not to care so much what people think of your anonymous internet persona because . .  . well . . . its not real .. .  and anonymousthis place is funny.  humor is a great thing.  thanks wizard

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love how he is trying to to school the supposed new guy. Get a life

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bass is a relative of Glennon, that is why he is around. Pay him no mind, he is rooting for Glennon over the success of the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The new guy seems pompous, himself...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you say new guy -do you mean Speed in Space – that guy was a real C0ckpiece.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

The new guy seems pompous, himself...

ouchsincerely,the new guylol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aww he fixed it. Magical wizard

Nope! You just read it wrong.  No surprise there though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

still fighting about Glennon …. yawn

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, you're too f*cking clueless to wrap your feeble, little mind around the fact that I strongly supported Glennon last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and sports psychologist....don't leave that out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Lovie and Licht are playing up Glennon as potential trade bait next year. I like Glennon, I don’t think he’s a Tedford guy. Tedford has mentioned that he likes athletic QB’s, that ain’t Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Lovie and Licht are playing up Glennon as potential trade bait next year. I like Glennon, I don't think he's a Tedford guy. Tedford has mentioned that he likes athletic QB's, that ain't Glennon.

Yeah, he's always sucked at athletics.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol.. they should do one of those bud light real men of genius songs. Mr. Internet football wizard!! Thank you

Thank you, thank you, thank you......i was wondering what song that was i kept hearing in my head every time i read one of his post:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x0MbVYVE2A

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you, thank you, thank you......i was wondering what song that was i kept hearing in my head every time i read one of his post:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x0MbVYVE2A

Anytime.. i love it!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t understand the argument.We have two average qb's until proven otherwise. That's really the issue here. I don't think the qb position is settled long-term, but I do like the supporting cast. They should help a great deal.Sure, mccown had a nice run. But you still have to factor in him normally being a career backup. And glennon may never clean up his second half woes.Point is, we can hold our head up high, because the surrounding talent should make any qb feel at home, not because the qb talent is unique. That would just be a bonus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love how 10lb continues to call me a Glennon hater, yet dances around the fact that I’ve backed him up numerous times last season. Clearly he was drunk last night with his posts. Probably one too many strawberry daiquiris. Or coladas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Donkey is not a hater . Hate and FRG are the Glennon haters.  The biggest hater was Jdud ,who hated Glennon on a personal level for some strange reason , but of course I ran him off the board like the little Bltch he is . Boom !

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

what difference does it make? they will compete and may the best win.  no patience I guess. lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Donkey is not a hater . Hate and FRG are the Glennon haters.  The biggest hater was Jdud ,who hated Glennon on a personal level for some strange reason , but of course I ran him off the board like the little Bltch he is . Boom !

I'm not really a fan of either, but if they can get it done with this surrounding group, god bless 'em.And it is a good thing lovie has "his guy" at the helm, with presumably no cutler-like bs drawback.Brad j was fairly average and he still has a super bowl ring. So it's not exactly EVERYTHING to have an "elite" qb anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not really a fan of either, but if they can get it done with this surrounding group, god bless 'em.And it is a good thing lovie has "his guy" at the helm, with presumably no cutler-like bs drawback.Brad j was fairly average and he still has a super bowl ring. So it's not exactly EVERYTHING to have an "elite" qb anyway.

Having great surrounding pieces is a lot more important than having an elite QB if you truly want to close the door and win it all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All kinds of offense-friendly rule changes and the champ is a defensive team with an efficient QB and a running game. Not only that, they beat the high profile QB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It can be won either way, so there is no point in bickering.An elite qb can win it all, because he's elite. A group effort has been proven to work as well.So what's to argue? ..possibly coaching styles, fits, systems, ..maybe their types of defense, etc, right?The league goes in circles. Within five years, somehow running will be important again. Could be that next year seattle is bottom ranked, because of defensive penalties and teams headhunting scuttlebutt. Sooner or later there always comes the equalizer, regardless of what player or system. Even the pats will come down to earth eventually.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It can be won either way, so there is no point in bickering.An elite qb can win it all, because he's elite. A group effort has been proven to work as well.So what's to argue? ..possibly coaching styles, fits, systems, ..maybe their types of defense, etc, right?The league goes in circles. Within five years, somehow running will be important again. Could be that next year seattle is bottom ranked, because of defensive penalties and teams headhunting scuttlebutt. Sooner or later there always comes the equalizer, regardless of what player or system. Even the pats will come down to earth eventually.

It's a GM and Coaches league.  As long as it stays that way, great coaches/GMs will be as important as any other one ingredient on the field.  It's also what makes the  game great. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every team in the playoffs has a very good-to-great QB. That’s why they’re in the playoffs. Once you get to the playoffs, the winners have the best all around teams surrounding their QBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every team in the playoffs has a very good-to-great QB. That's why they're in the playoffs. Once you get to the playoffs, the winners have the best all around teams surrounding their QBs.

Agreed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL....my boss just walked in while i was reading this, wondered what i was laughing at. I'm no HATEr where Glennon is concerned. I just don't like his game and pray he never sees the field in the regular season for my favorite team. He's probably a nice guy. I wish him great post-Buc success.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every team in the playoffs has a very good-to-great QB. That's why they're in the playoffs. Once you get to the playoffs, the winners have the best all around teams surrounding their QBs.

I agree completely and with Glennon at the helm, we don't have a good-to-great QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree completely and with Glennon at the helm, we don't have a good-to-great QB.

We have a second year  QB with more upside than any QB that was just drafted.  You'll come around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have a second year  QB with more upside than any QB that was just drafted.  You'll come around.

is that a comment about Glennon, the draft class or both?  I guess we'll see

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Second tier?  Lay off the pipe

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bro! You are such a hater!  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Best rookie QB we've ever had and on game 14, you want to write him off.  Brilliant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the crazy guy's defense, he said second "year" QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the crazy guy's defense, he said second "year" QB.

Oh whoops my bad

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Best rookie QB we've ever had and on game 14, you want to write him off.  Brilliant.

Best rookie QB we've ever had? Is that saying something positive? The bar is only 1/2 an inch off the ground. People don't want to write him off but we also know the bar is so low people will accept Glennon as a GOD given his rookie season which got up to 3/4 of an inch off the ground so he made it over that 1/2 inch bar! Oooooo yea! Going forward the real question is: Can he get over the league bar or over a bar that would make him worthy of talking about?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s all the rookie QBs since 1920 that were above league average in throwing TDs and not throwing INTs… with at least 2000 yards.http://pfref.com/tiny/2hNXf

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Best rookie QB we've ever had? Is that saying something positive? The bar is only 1/2 an inch off the ground. People don't want to write him off but we also know the bar is so low people will accept Glennon as a GOD given his rookie season which got up to 3/4 of an inch off the ground so he made it over that 1/2 inch bar! Oooooo yea! Going forward the real question is: Can he get over the league bar or over a bar that would make him worthy of talking about?

There is no way to dispute what you have said. I'm simply stating, I dont think we have seen his ceiling yet. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here's all the rookie QBs since 1920 that were above league average in throwing TDs and not throwing INTs... with at least 2000 yards.http://pfref.com/tiny/2hNXf

Great stuff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here's all the rookie QBs since 1920 that were above league average in throwing TDs and not throwing INTs... with at least 2000 yards.http://pfref.com/tiny/2hNXf

I added a 50% win ratio to the query for you. Stats are great but the goal is W's. I hope he becomes a HoF'er but it's unknown right now.http://pfref.com/tiny/veS4H

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I added a 50% win ratio to the query for you. Stats are great but the goal is W's. I hope he becomes a HoF'er but it's unknown right now.http://pfref.com/tiny/veS4H

Helps to actually have talent around you... not just on paper.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I put his 'upside' right on par with Chris Simms....and we see how that turned out. I wonder how many NFL GMs would agree with you that Glennon has more upside than any QB in this year's draft??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We do know lots of gms tried to trade for Glennon this offseason .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But instead decided to use 1st and 2nd round picks on other QBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After Licht farted in their direction...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm sure Licht was refusing 1st and 2nd round picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you say it enough, it will be true...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saying his upside Is Simms is clearly unfair. That would be his lowside , although Simms had a knack for getting balls batted done at the LOS and that rarely happens to Glennon because he is freakish tall. His upside is Flacco- or some say Matt Ryan because they have a very similiar throwing motion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d say Glennon’s upside is Matt Schaub.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saying his upside Is Simms is clearly unfair.

Because you disagree, that makes it unfair? That happens to be how i see him....doesn't make it right or wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s ridiculous. If you truly believe that it shows your bias.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not completely inaccurate to compare Glennon to Simms if you think 2013 was as good as Glennon is capable of playing. Glennon’s 2013 numbers are fairly close to Simms in 2005. Simms had a slightly higher completion percentage, slightly higher yards per attempt, but not as good TD/INT ratio. Their passer ratings were very close.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's ridiculous. If you truly believe that it shows your bias.

How is that ridiculous? I think his play is VERY similar to Simms.

It's not completely inaccurate to compare Glennon to Simms if you think 2013 was as good as Glennon is capable of playing. Glennon's 2013 numbers are fairly close to Simms in 2005. Simms had a slightly higher completion percentage, slightly higher yards per attempt, but not as good TD/INT ratio. Their passer ratings were very close.

Thank you!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not completely inaccurate to compare Glennon to Simms if you think 2013 was as good as Glennon is capable of playing. Glennon's 2013 numbers are fairly close to Simms in 2005. Simms had a slightly higher completion percentage, slightly higher yards per attempt, but not as good TD/INT ratio. Their passer ratings were very close.

Thank you!!

Simms is a great lesson that not all young players get better. Sometimes we see the best they're capable of very early and then that's it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you!!

Simms is a great lesson that not all young players get better. Sometimes we see the best they're capable of very early and then that's it.

Devil's advocate - you're comparing Simms on an 11-5 team with a great running game and defense and Gruden to Glennon on a pitiful team with Schiano, so Simms should perform better, right? That sort of makes the point of the Glennonites as does the fact that we were 11-5 under Simms (partial)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not to mention Glennon has not ruptured his spleen (yet). Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh God … I just kept the thread going. Ugh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you!!

Devil's advocate - you're comparing Simms on an 11-5 team with a great running game and defense and Gruden to Glennon on a pitiful team with Schiano, so Simms should perform better, right? That sort of makes the point of the Glennonites as does the fact that we were 11-5 under Simms (partial)

Not to mention he is cherry picking Simms best season and comparing it to Glennon's rookie season . If Simms never got better why isn't he using the season before when Simms threw 1 TD and 3 Ints and had a QB rating of 60 ?? I'm guessing it's because Simms got better.Hate gonna hate.  To say you think Glennon will  suck is one thing , to say his "upside"  is someone you can easily argue he is already better than is absurd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you!!

Not to mention he is cherry picking Simms best season and comparing it to Glennon's rookie season . If Simms never got better why isn't he using the season before when Simms threw 1 TD and 3 Ints and had a QB rating of 60 ?? I'm guessing it's because Simms got better.Hate gonna hate.  To say you think Glennon will  suck is one thing , to say his "upside"  is someone you can easily argue he is already better than is absurd.

Gawd I hate to agree with you...but

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When every team in your division wants a guy to be the starting QB for you.. you’ve picked the wrong guy. Glennon will ALWAYS be the 4th best QB in this division, and it will never really be close.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, I’m not a Glennon fan by any means, but to say his upside is Chris Simms’ is pretty absurd. Glennon looked better in his rookie year under much worse circumstances than Simms had.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you!!

I'm not really quite sure what you're asking. 1. If you're saying Simms put up comparable numbers because he was on a better team, I'd say Simms had a great defense but it's questionable what kind of talent on offense he had. As a team the Bucs' "great running game" averaged 4.0 YPC. This past year the Bucs averaged 3.8 YPC. So the 2005 team averaged 0.2 more YPC. I'm not sure that's worth arguing about. His #1 receiver was Joey Galloway and then total crap after that, so very comparable to Glennon, though I'd rate Jackson at least a little ahead of Galloway. His offensive line started Anthony Davis, Sean Mahan, Cosey Coleman, and Kenyatta Walker, so Glennon isn't going to be able to claim a worse bunch than them. 2. If you're asking could Glennon be carried along by a good team to a "good" record like Simms was, I'd respond Simms only went 6-4. Griese went 5-1. But it would have been just as possible for Glennon to go 6-4 in that situation. And just as possible to score only 10 points on offense in the playoffs against a good team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you!!

Gawd I hate to agree with you...but

Right is right , my man .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you!!

The argument would be two starts as an injury replacement in 2004 isn't a large enough sample size to say what kind of player Simms was. If you only picked two games for Glennon in 2013, depending on which two they were, he could have been completely horrible or looked like a Pro Bowler. But I generally agree with you IMO Glennon has already shown enough to say he's at least a little better than Simms, but it's closer than some would like to admit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you!!

I'm not really quite sure what you're asking. 1. If you're saying Simms put up comparable numbers because he was on a better team, I'd say Simms had a great defense but it's questionable what kind of talent on offense he had. As a team the Bucs' "great running game" averaged 4.0 YPC. This past year the Bucs averaged 3.8 YPC. So the 2005 team averaged 0.2 more YPC. I'm not sure that's worth arguing about. His #1 receiver was Joey Galloway and then total crap after that, so very comparable to Glennon, though I'd rate Jackson at least a little ahead of Galloway. His offensive line started Anthony Davis, Sean Mahan, Cosey Coleman, and Kenyatta Walker, so Glennon isn't going to be able to claim a worse bunch than them. 2. If you're asking could Glennon be carried along by a good team to a "good" record like Simms was, I'd respond Simms only went 6-4. Griese went 5-1. But it would have been just as possible for Glennon to go 6-4 in that situation. And just as possible to score only 10 points on offense in the playoffs against a good team.

Ugh ... Good luck FRG. If you can't see the obvious flaw in your comparison then good luck. 11-5 v 4-12Schiano v GrudenSheridan v Kiffin6 Pro Bowlers v ?Spleen v no spleen (lol)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s my obvious flaw?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's my obvious flaw?

Nothing ... Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

By the way, you’re to blame for the next five pages or so lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

By the way, you're to blame for the next five pages or so lol

Don't blame me. Hate's the one who said Glennon's upside is Chris Simms. I said Glennon's upside is Matt Schaub.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…and outside of that one season on a playoff team Simms was god awful . That season was not his standard , it was the aberration .Glennon is already better than that clown so he can't be his upside. Simms would be his absolute downside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

11-5 v 4-12

I'm not talking about wins and losses. I don't care what either of their records were. I already said Glennon could have gone 6-4 like Simms did. I'm talking about playing QB.

Schiano v Gruden

Let's not forget Gruden went 4-12 the very next season and 5-11 the year before. Playing for him wasn't a guaranteed ticket to winning. 

Sheridan v Kiffin

I've already said the 2005 team had a better defense, but the 2013 defense wasn't that bad. Let's not forget Glennon won a game this year by 21 points when he threw for 90 yards and had a passer rating of 40.

6 Pro Bowlers v ?

Who had 6 Pro Bowlers? The 2005 team only had two - Brooks and Barber. The 2013 team had three and another who made the all-pro team without making the Pro Bowl team.

Spleen v no spleen (lol)

That had nothing to do with 2005.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

By the way, you're to blame for the next five pages or so lol

Don't blame me. Hate's the one who said Glennon's upside is Chris Simms. I said Glennon's upside is Matt Schaub.

You compared the two in two seasons. In other words, Hate offered an opinion and you tried to back it up with stats that ... well ... Probably didn't fully account for the different circumstances (ie context)No big deal, just funny

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon’s ceiling may be Simms but if anything 2005 Simms is an argument for NOT giving up on Glennon. That’s what makes the comparison so funny (and why there will be at least 5 more pages added to this thread- lol)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I put his 'upside' right on par with Chris Simms....and we see how that turned out. I wonder how many NFL GMs would agree with you that Glennon has more upside than any QB in this year's draft??

Time will tell.  Whoever starts in Tampa has plenty of talent around him to succeed. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you!!

So you think Glennon is done improving. Got it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you!!

So you think Glennon is done improving. Got it.

As hard as Glennon works I find that hard to believe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs fans will never learn.. Glennon is the great hope for some. Goofy ginger with limited athletic ability, he is what a lot of you guys see in yourselves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are zero examples where hard work and listening to coaching doesn’t pay off.  Glennon will be solid very soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ohh and Glennon has reached his ceiling. He is very limited talent wise, and we saw it all of last season. Screw his numbers, he just isn’t that good and it will be flushed out in time.