Viewing 481 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

the rest of holes can be fixed in the next off season but priority #1 is the QB position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we pick #1 this year and don’t take a QB I’m taking a Bucs sabbatical.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see some good from Glennon but if the season ended now, I haven’t seen enough good to pass on a prospect I think is top end in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

An elite QB would be a bust on this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well damn it let’s go pick one up at the store.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

An elite QB would be a bust on this team.

With Lovie and Co at the Helm absolutely!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drafting a QB in the first round doesn’t mean you’ll get a franchise QB. Many of them bust.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well damn it let's go pick one up at the store.

Why do that.....when we have Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the jerk store called.  they want Glennon back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF there is an elite QB available.Considering how bad this team is right now, i have my doubts the haters would be even able to see 'it'.Cant wait until they cry about Mariota sucking. And then i probably get called a Mariota lover, unable to see how much he holds us down and how we need an elite QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drafting a QB in the first round doesn't mean you'll get a franchise QB. Many of them bust.

Yes, the QB may end up busting, he may end up being the franchise corner stone. It's about going through the process and getting the right QB and player for our franchise. Just because QBs have busted before does not mean we shouldn't take one with a high pick in the draft this year. Every position has had huge busts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There isn’t a QB on the planet who could win games and score points with this offensive line, these RBs and this offensive coaching staff. And there isn't QB that has been born at any point in history that can put up points at the clip required to bail this defense out.Chasing a QB is stupid given the glaring needs elsewhere.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Derek Carr looking good against a very good Chargers defense:16/31  262 yards  4TDs  0INTToo bad he wasn't available when the Bucs were drafting.  But that's right, he's going to be a bust in the league from what I've been told.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is the least of our issues.You can have Manziel out there and he'd be getting killed too behind this o-line.And it doesn't really matter what you do on offense when your defense is giving up 48 points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There isn't a QB on the planet who could win games and score points with this offensive line, these RBs and this offensive coaching staff. And there isn't QB that has been born at any point in history that can put up points at the clip required to bail this defense out.Chasing a QB is stupid given the glaring needs elsewhere.

The NFL is a quarterback league. Have a quarterback who can make plays, all of a sudden the other problems aren't nearly as exacerbated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's like saying why would you want filet mignon when I already have this shlt in my hand I can give you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drafting a QB in the first round doesn't mean you'll get a franchise QB. Many of them bust.

Yes, the QB may end up busting, he may end up being the franchise corner stone. It's about going through the process and getting the right QB and player for our franchise. Just because QBs have busted before does not mean we shouldn't take one with a high pick in the draft this year. Every position has had huge busts.

It's about doing the right draft selections. Drafting a QB just to draft one has minimal success. If the Bucs draft a QB they have to know it's the right selection for all we know the QBs in this draft class is filled with future busts. Look at the last time we drafted a QB just because we needed one. We ended up with Freeman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And it doesn't really matter what you do on offense when your defense is giving up 48 points.

How bout sustain a drive or two.....and keep your crap defense off the field? And score some points, while you're at it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There isn't a QB on the planet who could win games and score points with this offensive line, these RBs and this offensive coaching staff. And there isn't QB that has been born at any point in history that can put up points at the clip required to bail this defense out.Chasing a QB is stupid given the glaring needs elsewhere.

The NFL is a quarterback league. Have a quarterback who can make plays, all of a sudden the other problems aren't nearly as exacerbated.

You want to name a quarterback who can keep a team in the game when the defense is getting marched up and down the field every time the opposing team touches the ball?You're asking for a guy who can, literally, match the other team score for score for 2-3 quarters of football at a time. You're talking about Peyton Manning or Tom Brady in their primes and just about no one else. So yeah -- if that kind of "elite" QB falls to the Bucs I hope they draft him. But, absent that, they've got other areas of the football team that need way more help than QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 Defensively, I think the scheme they want to run is going to take at least another year to be effective.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You want to name a quarterback who can keep a team in the game when the defense is getting marched up and down the field every time the opposing team touches the ball?You're asking for a guy who can, literally, match the other team score for score for 2-3 quarters of football at a time. You're talking about Peyton Manning or Tom Brady in their primes and just about no one else. So yeah -- if that kind of "elite" QB falls to the Bucs I hope they draft him. But, absent that, they've got other areas of the football team that need way more help than QB.

We are a horrible football team at nearly every position bar WR, TE, Gerald McCoy, Lavonte David. We can use almost anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And it doesn't really matter what you do on offense when your defense is giving up 48 points.

How bout sustain a drive or two.....and keep your crap defense off the field? And score some points, while you're at it.

Offensive line. It doesnt matter who is under center, no one is going to be successful with this line. The Ravens were owning the line of scrimmage today. It was no contest in the trenches. And you cannot win football games when you get destroyed in that battle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve said this before and I will keep saying it; Glennon is a good back-up. But we need to take a shot on a legitimate signal caller in the draft. It’s looking that way with the way we are playing. Winston or Mariota will suffice. I’ll be interested to see how the O-Line meshes the rest of the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 Defensively, I think the scheme they want to run is going to take at least another year to be effective.

If things keep going this way, I'd be stunned if Lovie and Co were back next year to try and implement a defense that is currently the worst in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Offensive line. It doesnt matter who is under center, no one is going to be successful with this line. The Ravens were owning the line of scrimmage today. It was no contest in the trenches. And you cannot win football games when you get destroyed in that battle.

I have no doubt the would look a lot better with a good QB running the LOS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know of any QB that can get us about 9 touchdowns a game. That's what's we need with this Defense to have any chance at winning games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you really believe we are a QB away from being a competitive team, you’re nuts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've said this before and I will keep saying it; Glennon is a good back-up. But we need to take a shot on a legitimate signal caller in the draft. It's looking that way with the way we are playing. Winston or Mariota will suffice. I'll be interested to see how the O-Line meshes the rest of the season.

Winston isn't going to be drafted at the rate he's going, and Mariota is a lottery pick from a scheme/system that has never produced an NFL quarterback. Meanwhile, the offensive line will still suck, the front 7 will still suck, and the defensive backfield will still suck.And everyone on the Red Board will be puzzled as to why their new prized QB isn't moving the ball at any better clip than Glennon was the year before.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ignorance is bliss in the land of Buccaneer fandom….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the rest of holes can be fixed in the next off season but priority #1 is the QB position.

Yeah, an Elite QB will fix everything. All of those 1st round Elite QB's drafted last year are really making an impact for their teams. Superbowl coming soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you really believe we are a QB away from being a competitive team, you're nuts.

It would be a good start.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ignorance is bliss in the land of Buccaneer fandom....

Big Time!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you really believe we are a QB away from being a competitive team, you're nuts.

It would be a good start.

Behind this line and with a Conference-USA level offensive coordinator? There isn't a young quarterback alive who would look competent or play to their talent level.You might as well sign a death warrant on the career of anyone forced to play in these conditions as a rookie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After our D gives up 38 points and the qb gets sacked and drilled like a combined 30 times were talking about drafting a qb lol, how about this awful defense and O line? Ever think what that would do for us? Glennon has shown marked improvement since last year and will only get better, kid has shown promise but some fans here will never give up the hate for the kid, it’s a joke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After our D gives up 38 points and the qb gets sacked and drilled like a combined 30 times were talking about drafting a qb lol, how about this awful defense and O line? Ever think what that would do for us? Glennon has shown marked improvement since last year and will only get better, kid has shown promise but some fans here will never give up the hate for the kid, it's a joke.

"We need a new QB" is the mating cry of the Madden-generation NFL fans.I don't know how you look at the offensive and defensive line -- one of which can't block and the other of which can't rush the passer or stop the run -- and think that QB is the biggest need on this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

EXACTLY! Out of everything on this team he is the one bright spot, Mariota and the other so called top qb’s haven’t even impressed me this year, Mariota is in a system offense where it is meant to fit him, Leonard Williams is someone this team needs to target for the D line, our d is nothing with this god awful pass rush and a corner or two would also help out a lot, Goldson needs to be replaced, a lot of holes on this team need fixing but I am fine with the qb position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Offensive staff?  Tedford the architect is MIA.  There's no way Arroyo can be the OC.  It is a disaster.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

There was an elite QB sitting there in the draft when the Bucs picked – Johnny Manziel.  They didn’t pick him, thus the Bucs are still a piece of dog shit team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was an elite QB sitting there in the draft when the Bucs picked - Johnny Manziel.  They didn't pick him, thus the Bucs are still a piece of dog (censored) team.

I don't think that highly of Manziel in the NFL as a prospect. Let's put it this way, if you could say that at the start of the 2015 season, the Bucs could have either Johnny Pigskin, Marcus Mariota or Jameis Winston as the play caller, I'd take either Mariota or Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t give a shlt what our defense or offensive line does I want a damn QB. What are yall saying?  We shouldnt have a QB until we have a center, two good guards, a CB, and free safety? Somebody should have told the Colts because they still don't have those things but they have a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't give a shlt what our defense or offensive line does I want a damn QB. What are yall saying?  We shouldnt have a QB until we have a center, two good guards, a CB, and free safety? Somebody should have told the Colts because they still don't have those things but they have a QB.

Madden-generation thinking.Not "giving a s**t" what the offensive or defensive lines do is why the Buccaneers are the worst team in football. That's where football games are still won -- stopping the other guy, keeping your guy upright long enough to make a play.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

There was an elite QB sitting there in the draft when the Bucs picked - Johnny Manziel.  They didn't pick him, thus the Bucs are still a piece of dog (censored) team.

I don't think that highly of Manziel in the NFL as a prospect. Let's put it this way, if you could say that at the start of the 2015 season, the Bucs could have either Johnny Pigskin, Marcus Mariota or Jameis Winston as the play caller, I'd take either Mariota or Winston.

Then you probably wanted Raheem Morris to replace Jon Gruden too.    I'd take 1) Manziel2) MariottaForget Winston.  He's a piece of crap human being.  I wouldn't take him in the 7th round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Andrew Luck is a once an a lifetime qb that if your picking one overall you never pass up, your gonna tell me Mariota is like that? Scrambling qb’s are showing me more an more they are not gonna work in this league, as bad as we are we will not pick number 1 overall and besides Mariota there isn’t even a qb that belongs in the top 10, once again continue the hate on Glennon just to hate on him, it’s hilarious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then you probably wanted Raheem Morris to replace Jon Gruden too.    I'd take 1) Manziel2) MariottaForget Winston.  He's a piece of crap human being.  I wouldn't take him in the 7th round.

How did Manziel play today? I didn't see the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnny Bench looked like a champ in his ballcap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eh? How is Morris-Gruden even remotely relatable? But I think Winston is a better passer and more NFL translatable QB. Besides, we talk about the off field stuff for Winston, that's all we'd be talking about with Manziel. After every bad game, he's going to have to hear about his lifestyle.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

He did exactly the same as Aaron Rodgers did in week 6 his first season.    I guess that means he will be as good as Rodgers.  Good call.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnny Bench looked like a champ in his ballcap.Dang! Wish I would've caught the game. I'm assuming it'll be all over Sportscenter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eh? How is Morris-Gruden even remotely relatable? But I think Winston is a better passer and more NFL translatable QB. Besides, we talk about the off field stuff for Winston, that's all we'd be talking about with Manziel. After every bad game, he's going to have to hear about his lifestyle.

Winston is radioactive right now -- and I'd never waste a 1st or even a 2nd round pick on a kid with such terrible off-the-field decision-making. I'd say it's even money that he sticks with baseball, at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Andrew Luck is a once an a lifetime qb that if your picking one overall you never pass up, your gonna tell me Mariota is like that? Scrambling qb's are showing me more an more they are not gonna work in this league, as bad as we are we will not pick number 1 overall and besides Mariota there isn't even a qb that belongs in the top 10, once again continue the hate on Glennon just to hate on him, it's hilarious.

How many scrambling QBs need to do well in the NFL before you change your mind? Because there's a lot in today's NFL. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is radioactive right now -- and I'd never waste a 1st or even a 2nd round pick on a kid with such terrible off-the-field decision-making. I'd say it's even money that he sticks with baseball, at this point.

I'm not saying Winston is my first choice and he may very well choose baseball. But I'd rather have Winston than Manziel because I think he's a better QB. That's it. Both of them have off field issues, Winston's are obviously worse though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So many positions need to be upgraded on this team so if there isn’t a sure fire quarterback in our reach we better not reach on a project. OG, FS, CB, DE, and MLB all need upgraded before things start gelling the way they should.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Here are Aaron Rodgers stats in his 6th game with the Packers.http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2005102301/2005/REG7/packers@vikings?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#tab=analyze

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Name me all of the “scrambling” qb’s in the league today…and qb’s like Luck and Wilson don’t count because they are pass first qb’s, is being able to run a bonus? it sure is but Mariota is nothing like either of those qb’s, he is a system qb who throws 5 yard dump passes and the rb’s/wr’s do the rest of the work, he has the talent and it is def not a lock he can be legit in a real nfl offense. Rg3 def worked out, all that running he did sure helped him. This whole thread is a joke because were posting we need a qb after a game where we got absolute dominating in the trenches on both sides, if the qb threw 5 picks and blew a lead and let the defense down than I can see a thread like this, but as usual it’s the same hate on Glennon every week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't give a shlt what our defense or offensive line does I want a damn QB. What are yall saying?  We shouldnt have a QB until we have a center, two good guards, a CB, and free safety? Somebody should have told the Colts because they still don't have those things but they have a QB.

Madden-generation thinking.Not "giving a s**t" what the offensive or defensive lines do is why the Buccaneers are the worst team in football. That's where football games are still won -- stopping the other guy, keeping your guy upright long enough to make a play.

Someone please show me the rule that says if your offseason plan is to get a QB, thats the only move you're allowed to make that whole offseason.We need more but I want to start at QB. We could miss out on some good prospects chasing a friggin center and guard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here are Aaron Rodgers stats in his 6th game with the Packers.http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2005102301/2005/REG7/packers@vikings?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#tab=analyze

Yes, Rodgers is an elite NFL QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

QB is not the most glaring need on this team!!! have you watched the last two games before this? Come from behind against Pitt where our D was once again getting lit up and last week an 11 point lead blown, go draft your “elite” qb in the first round this year and see where it takes this team, not even an elite qb class to begin with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Andrew Luck is a once an a lifetime qb that if your picking one overall you never pass up, your gonna tell me Mariota is like that? Scrambling qb's are showing me more an more they are not gonna work in this league, as bad as we are we will not pick number 1 overall and besides Mariota there isn't even a qb that belongs in the top 10, once again continue the hate on Glennon just to hate on him, it's hilarious.

How many scrambling QBs need to do well in the NFL before you change your mind? Because there's a lot in today's NFL.

Who are those scrambling QB doing well and making up for an average arm with their quick feet ?Wilson to me is the only one and he isnt asked to do much, with #1 defense and beastmode run game. It works though, maybe he is just holding back a bit to ensure the win instead of showcasing his arm. The facrt Wilson does well i beacuse he has a few godo throws, not just because of his feet. He wasnt a true running QB in college either.Rodgers and Luck arent scrambling QB to me, even if they add some mobility to their pocket passing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

QB is not the most glaring need on this team!!! have you watched the last two games before this? Come from behind against Pitt where our D was once again getting lit up and last week an 11 point lead blown, go draft your "elite" qb in the first round this year and see where it takes this team, not even an elite qb class to begin with.

And whose to say drafting defense is going to fix the problem?  The problem starts at the top with the scheme.  Get Bevell, let him pick the QB he wants with the expected top 5 pick, and also let him get a d-coordinator that might (now this might sound weird) use a scheme that fits the current players strengths.  Instead of forcing the players into a scheme that obviously doesn't work. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You seem to be ready with the witty Glennon remarks all the time from what I have seen on these boards. Didn't you like Bridgewater the other day after his first game? How did he play today?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep.We're the perfect example of how important the lines are. So much would be solved if we had even adequate play from both of those units.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone please show me the rule that says if your offseason plan is to get a QB, thats the only move you're allowed to make that whole offseason.We need more but I want to start at QB. We could miss out on some good prospects chasing a friggin center and guard.

You made the ignorant comment about the offensive and defensive lines and showed your lack of football understanding. This team needs to get better up front on both sides of the ball. You, instead, want a shiny new toy to feel better about -- maybe a new jersey to buy? Shiny toys don't win football games -- pressuring the opposing passer, stopping the run / creating running lanes, protecting your QB long enough for him to make plays wins football games.Get educated about the sport.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You seem to be ready with the witty Glennon remarks all the time from what I have seen on these boards. Didn't you like Bridgewater the other day after his first game? How did he play today?

No, he liked Manziel and thinks Russell Wilson is an elite QB.But yea, the dude has a serious hatred towards Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Caveat Emperor, you are right on the money sir. Anyone talking about QB after this game is missing the big picture.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You made the ignorant comment about the offensive and defensive lines and showed your lack of football understanding. This team needs to get better up front on both sides of the ball. You, instead, want a shiny new toy to feel better about -- maybe a new jersey to buy? Shiny toys don't win football games -- pressuring the opposing passer, stopping the run / creating running lanes, protecting your QB long enough for him to make plays wins football games.Get educated about the sport.

Since you know it all... why does it work for the Colts? They don't do those things well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, he liked Manziel and thinks Russell Wilson is an elite QB.But yea, the dude has a serious hatred towards Glennon.

Oh sorry....my bad. I know there was someone trashing Glennon and talking up Bridgewater. I thought it was the Hate dude. Maybe it's his name.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Caveat Emperor, you are right on the money sir. Anyone talking about QB after this game is missing the big picture.

Glennon did not give up all those points in the first have that's for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He didn't much to respond to any of those points either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why doesn’t this thread have “BREAKING NEWS” in it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe when you watch the game later you will see he was being killed most of the game as the o-line looked like a swinging gate. I keep saying a QB looks only as good as his o-line plays. This is what former players and experts always say. One day you guys will get it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is very difficult to build a great team to surround an average QB like Glennon given the salary cap era.  He hasn’t done anything extra ordinary at this point.Bucs need an elite QB that can take over games and dictate the flow of the game.  A lot of the problems on offense isn't solely on the offensive line as a year 2 QB like Glennon has to know when to go to his hot read or audible to another play.Bucs desperately need a QB that takes a lot more calculated risks than one that plays a game manger role for half the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe when you watch the game later you will see he was being killed most of the game as the o-line looked like a swinging gate. I keep saying a QB looks only as good as his o-line plays. This is what former players and experts always say. One day you guys will get it.

Most people bashing Glennon are just looking to stir up some drama. For a few of them it boils down to stupidity, they just aren't capable of forming any kind of an opinion outside of what a box score tells them, but for the most part it's just people looking to argue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most people bashing Glennon are just looking to stir up some drama. For a few of them it boils down to stupidity, they just aren't capable of forming any kind of an opinion outside of what a box score tells them, but for the most part it's just people looking to argue.

Drama Queens :)

Please wait…

• sgtmaj

Participant

Hey guys…I’m not here to troll or anything.  Just saying we were 1-15 and then we drafted Cam.  He’s really helped turn our organization around.  We had a lot of holes when we drafted him and we still do.  But it starts with a QB.  Glennon doesn’t scare anyone.  Having a good QB also helps in FA.  Just my two cents.  If I were the Bucs I would draft a QB if it’s the right guy.  I wouldn’t draft one just to draft one.  If you guys are in position to land a franchise QB though, it would be dumb not too.  Maybe you guys will get lucky and trade for Hoyer after this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey guys...I'm not here to troll or anything.  Just saying we were 1-15 and then we drafted Cam.  He's really helped turn our organization around.  We had a lot of holes when we drafted him and we still do.  But it starts with a QB.  Glennon doesn't scare anyone.  Having a good QB also helps in FA.  Just my two cents.  If I were the Bucs I would draft a QB if it's the right guy.  I wouldn't draft one just to draft one.  If you guys are in position to land a franchise QB though, it would be dumb not too.

Great post and welcome

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

EXACTLY! Out of everything on this team he is the one bright spot, Mariota and the other so called top qb's haven't even impressed me this year, Mariota is in a system offense where it is meant to fit him, Leonard Williams is someone this team needs to target for the D line, our d is nothing with this god awful pass rush and a corner or two would also help out a lot, Goldson needs to be replaced, a lot of holes on this team need fixing but I am fine with the qb position.

Agree.  Dallas could not protect Romo the last few yeArs until they invested high draft choices in their OLine.  Now they are showing signs of being dominant again.  Fix the DLine and OLine and this will vastly improve the Bucs. 

Please wait…

• sgtmaj

Participant

Hey guys...I'm not here to troll or anything.  Just saying we were 1-15 and then we drafted Cam.  He's really helped turn our organization around.  We had a lot of holes when we drafted him and we still do.  But it starts with a QB.  Glennon doesn't scare anyone.  Having a good QB also helps in FA.  Just my two cents.  If I were the Bucs I would draft a QB if it's the right guy.  I wouldn't draft one just to draft one.  If you guys are in position to land a franchise QB though, it would be dumb not too.

Great post and welcome

Thanks.

Please wait…

• sgtmaj

Participant

EXACTLY! Out of everything on this team he is the one bright spot, Mariota and the other so called top qb's haven't even impressed me this year, Mariota is in a system offense where it is meant to fit him, Leonard Williams is someone this team needs to target for the D line, our d is nothing with this god awful pass rush and a corner or two would also help out a lot, Goldson needs to be replaced, a lot of holes on this team need fixing but I am fine with the qb position.

Agree.  Dallas could not protect Romo the last few yeArs until they invested high draft choices in their OLine.  Now they are showing signs of being dominant again.  Fix the DLine and OLine and this will vastly improve the Bucs.

With all due respect I really don't think Glennon would have lead the Cowboys to a victory over Seattle today if he was their qb.  From an opposing perspective it really seems like your Bucs lack any leadership on the offensive side of the ball.  The Bucs would do well to bring in a QB that's pass first but has mobility.  Having a mobile qb definitely creates another dynamic that opposing defenses have to deal with.  You would be surprised at how much better your Oline would look if they had a good qb that could actually make reads and get the ball out of his hands quickly and create when things break down.  Most young qbs take longer to scan the field and if they're not mobile they're toast. 

Please wait…

• asaylor81

Participant

Elite QB’s make below average O-lines GREAT. The Chiefs had 2 HOF O-Lineman for several years, they had dogcrap QB’s and never won a damn thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Elite QB's make below average O-lines GREAT. The Chiefs had 2 HOF O-Lineman for several years, they had dogcrap QB's and never won a damn thing.

Great, now Alex Smith is an elite QB.  ::)

Please wait…

• asaylor81

Participant

Elite QB's make below average O-lines GREAT. The Chiefs had 2 HOF O-Lineman for several years, they had dogcrap QB's and never won a damn thing.

The Chiefs have won nothing with Alex Smith. I was talking more about the Elvis Grbac era...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Chiefs have won nothing with Alex Smith. I was talking more about the Elvis Grbac era...

I think we are using the word "elite" a little loosely around here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was just commenting a couple of days ago about how we cannot overlook qb.We're the bucs. That is the qb position. Better double-down.  :-

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see anything wrong if the Bucs keep Glennon and also take a QB #1. Let the cream rise to the top.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey guys...I'm not here to troll or anything.  Just saying we were 1-15 and then we drafted Cam.  He's really helped turn our organization around.  We had a lot of holes when we drafted him and we still do.  But it starts with a QB.  Glennon doesn't scare anyone.  Having a good QB also helps in FA.  Just my two cents.  If I were the Bucs I would draft a QB if it's the right guy.  I wouldn't draft one just to draft one.  If you guys are in position to land a franchise QB though, it would be dumb not too.  Maybe you guys will get lucky and trade for Hoyer after this season.

Thanks, great points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is very difficult to build a great team to surround an average QB like Glennon given the salary cap era.  He hasn't done anything extra ordinary at this point.Bucs need an elite QB that can take over games and dictate the flow of the game.  A lot of the problems on offense isn't solely on the offensive line as a year 2 QB like Glennon has to know when to go to his hot read or audible to another play.Bucs desperately need a QB that takes a lot more calculated risks than one that plays a game manger role for half the game.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey guys...I'm not here to troll or anything.  Just saying we were 1-15 and then we drafted Cam.  He's really helped turn our organization around.  We had a lot of holes when we drafted him and we still do.  But it starts with a QB.  Glennon doesn't scare anyone.  Having a good QB also helps in FA.  Just my two cents.  If I were the Bucs I would draft a QB if it's the right guy.  I wouldn't draft one just to draft one.  If you guys are in position to land a franchise QB though, it would be dumb not too.  Maybe you guys will get lucky and trade for Hoyer after this season.

Sure you took Cam, but you didn't have to worry about the red sea parting every week for your D to usher the opposing team down to score. Cam was a sensible pick at the right time, the Bucs on the other hand are in a serious dumpster fire and no QB is going to be successful with lack of protection and a scheme that is unable to fathom that repeatedly calling long developing plays is going to be a major issue when you can't keep your QB upright.There are a lot of guys on here that are bleating that we need a new QB at every corner. He has to be able to scramble, he has to have a cannon arm, he has to look good in a suit, he has to be able to force a ball in quadruple coverage and still have it caught... well boys, where is this mythical beast? Because if he exists there will be at least another 29 teams all looking for him too. It's typical of the narrow minded, instant gratification society we now live in. It doesn't work, throw it away and get a shiny new thing, that if that doesn't solve all your problems it gets replaced a year later by something else.This team has issues, deep issues, and the QB spot is way way way down the list. It is evident to almost any fan with a working brain that what we need in the offseason is:A new OCA new DCA working schemeLTRGDE's (pass rush? what pass rush?)CBsMLBFSPunterRBsCDT (If McCoy goes)What we really don't need at the moment:WRTEOLBRTDTs (Unless McCoy goes)LGQBAs others have said in this thread, our lines are suspect. On the Dline our DE's suck but our DT's aren't bad, on our oline the LT is awful, as is the RG and the C. We have a good LG and RT. The game is won in the trenches, and our trenches are pretty awful. If we want to get anywhere, whether it be with the current QB or a new one, we have to fix the Oline and Dline. If we don't fix the trenches then we'll be looking at this same shite week in and week out for another 10 years and no spangly college QB prospect will ever be able to fix it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon might not be the biggest problem right now but if you are in position to get a potential franchise QB you go for it.  Glennon does not have that kind of ceiling IMO.  There are no quick fixes when it comes to this team.  A win now philosophy didn’t work for this year and don’t see it working for 2015 either.  Might even be in worse shape.  Need to think long term. Need to generate excitement for the future.  If we have a top 3 pick and draft a lineman well good luck selling tickets and stirring up interest in the team.  Can’t take the firing everyone approach two years in a row to accomplish this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone wants an “elite QB” but there are only about 5 in the NFL. Your chances of getting one is like winning the lottery. You need to pick the right guy, in the right draft, and have the right pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Id be happy with a top 10-12 QB.  With surrounding talent you can win a Super Bowl with that and that's the ultimate goal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No he just tossed the INT that lead to points and the passes that were incomplete to set the Raven's up in great field position. How did he not hand those points over again? You could say the D gave up 7 instead of 3 but all those points were setup by Glennon's failure moving the ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone wants an "elite QB" but there are only about 5 in the NFL. Your chances of getting one is like winning the lottery. You need to pick the right guy, in the right draft, and have the right pick.

Then have the right coaches and personnel to allow them to prosper. We drafted Steve Young but he sucked for us. Mike Glennon might be another Steve Young. We just can't turn a drafted QB into a franchise QB or at least it's NEVER happened in Buc's history so far.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The question shouldn’t be “is Glennon are biggest problem?”  It should be “can Glennon ever become a top 10 QB in this league?”  If you don’t think so then the answer is obvious that you draft a guy you think can if he’s available to you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The question shouldn't be "is Glennon are biggest problem?"  It should be "can Glennon ever become a top 10 QB in this league?"  If you don't think so then the answer is obvious that you draft a guy you think can if he's available to you.

Pretty much exactly this.  Although listening to trade offers never hurts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We dont need Glennon to be top 10. The middle of the road qbs in this league are good players whose teams win and arent looking to replace them. Guys like Dalton and Romo for example.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After our D gives up 38 points and the qb gets sacked and drilled like a combined 30 times were talking about drafting a qb lol, how about this awful defense and O line? Ever think what that would do for us? Glennon has shown marked improvement since last year and will only get better, kid has shown promise but some fans here will never give up the hate for the kid, it's a joke.

"We need a new QB" is the mating cry of the Madden-generation NFL fans.I don't know how you look at the offensive and defensive line -- one of which can't block and the other of which can't rush the passer or stop the run -- and think that QB is the biggest need on this team.

There are only a few nutballs out there, loud as they are, that think qb is going to fix this mess.We have a p.o.s. head coach who was fired, sat out because nobody wanted him, and only because the Glazer boys are too fricking stupid to believe in Santa Dungy still, they hire this train wreck to right the ship. He brings in another head coach to be his d.c., who sucked big time at Minnesota. Frazier couldn't figure out that Ponder sucked, that shows how blind this moron is.Then our vaunted O.C. decides to have heart complications because he sees the train wreck Lovie is producing, and wants nothing to do with this nightmare.Not to mention the changes... One for example, Zuttah looked real bad, and we blew him up getting to Flacco several times... (wait, I guess that didn't happen)Obviously, it's the QB (SMH)but really....Lovie brought in everyone but Dotson on the oline. Our oline sux. Thanks LovieLovie brought in McCown. McCown sux. Thanks LovieLovie continues to play Martin. Martin has no vision. Thanks LovieLovie brought in his boy Michael Johnson to generate pass rush. MJ hasn't done squat. Thanks LovieLovie brought in AV to replace Revis. the money saved brought in MJ and AV. I'd rather have Revis patrolling one side of the field. We already are getting zero pass rush from MJ, and little coverage from AV, so how is the cost savings really helping? Thanks Lovie.Lovie did keep Koenen. Koenen sux. Thanks LovieLovie hopefully resigns soon... That would be the only sincere reason to say Thanks Lovie

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Elite QBs make their teammates better. When the team has the confidence that they're going to win before the game is even played, everyone plays better. When they think they don't have a QB good enough to win, everyone just coasts and tries not to get injured.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We dont need Glennon to be top 10. The middle of the road qbs in this league are good players whose teams win and arent looking to replace them. Guys like Dalton and Romo.

Not to mention Flacco, he's considered middle of the road, and him and Kubiak just shredded Lovie and Leslie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Elite QBs make their teammates better. When the team has the confidence that they're going to win before the game is even played, everyone plays better. When they think they don't have a QB good enough to win, everyone just coasts and tries not to get injured.

Starting to think the team thinks that about Lovie and Leslie. Not even getting to Glennon, because I don't believe the team feels Lovie can lead them with this stubborn b.s. of a decrepit defensive scheme that he won't adapt to fit the players he has currently.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon might not be the biggest problem right now but if you are in position to get a potential franchise QB you go for it.  Glennon does not have that kind of ceiling IMO.  There are no quick fixes when it comes to this team.  A win now philosophy didn't work for this year and don't see it working for 2015 either.  Might even be in worse shape.  Need to think long term. Need to generate excitement for the future.  If we have a top 3 pick and draft a lineman well good luck selling tickets and stirring up interest in the team.  Can't take the firing everyone approach two years in a row to accomplish this.

I'll go bat shyt crazy that very minute.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Starting to think the team thinks that about Lovie and Leslie. Not even getting to Glennon, because I don't believe the team feels Lovie can lead them with this stubborn b.s. of a decrepit defensive scheme that he won't adapt to fit the players he has currently.

That's definitely a problem, too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's definitely a problem, too.

I might be overreacting, but I think it was the third quarter, they showed a shot of the dlineman sitting on the bench. The look on GMC's face, to me anyways, looked like he was glossing over and shutting out any instruction, like "who cares, I just need to get my agent to get me out of this trainwreck soon"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Elite qbs make their teammates better FRG ? Then what happened to your boy Wilson in Seattle yesterday ?Looks like the defense and ST was trying to make HIM better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If your goal is to just make the playoffs yeah you might be able to get away with a middle of the pack QB if your strong everywhere else.  But it will be what holds them back from achieving anything beyond that.  Anyone here think Dalton is going to lead the Bengals to a Super Bowl victory?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have I seen enough to know Glennon is the guy?  No.  Have I seen enough to know he isn’t the guy?  No.  But that’s the problem.  Hopefully, we’ll see more and more as the year progresses.  Obviously, he’s quite bad under pressure.  I'd be ecstatic if we drafted a QB high.  I'd also be ecstatic if we drafted franchise lineman (o or d) early.  I DO NOT want us drafting anything else early. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If your goal is to just make the playoffs yeah you might be able to get away with a middle of the pack QB if your strong everywhere else.  But it will be what holds them back from achieving anything beyond that.  Anyone here think Dalton is going to lead the Bengals to a Super Bowl victory?

As long as Nugent stops missing 30 yard field goals in overtime, I don't see Dalton being a blocker. I mean Johnson rode the Bucs defense and Dilfer rode the Ravens defense to rings, and Dalton is better then both of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those two examples were quite awhile ago and throes teams had top 10 greatest defenses in NFL history.  Not exactly a template that’s easy to replicate. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those two examples were quite awhile ago and throes teams had top 10 greatest defenses in NFL history.  Not exactly a template that's easy to replicate.

True, but you just need to get hot at the right time. Is it fair to put Dalton in the "E Manning/Romo/Newton/Wilson/Flacco/Rothlesberger/Rivers/Kaepernick" level of qb? If so, there are a few super bowl champ qbs there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The question shouldn't be "is Glennon are biggest problem?"  It should be "can Glennon ever become a top 10 QB in this league?"  If you don't think so then the answer is obvious that you draft a guy you think can if he's available to you.

This ^^^Right now Glennon is hovering around average to above average.  I don't think you can build a great defense in this current salary cap era unless you hit some home runs late in the draft like Seattle has done.

Please wait…

• sgtmaj

Participant

Sure you took Cam, but you didn't have to worry about the red sea parting every week for your D to usher the opposing team down to score. Cam was a sensible pick at the right time, the Bucs on the other hand are in a serious dumpster fire and no QB is going to be successful with lack of protection and a scheme that is unable to fathom that repeatedly calling long developing plays is going to be a major issue when you can't keep your QB upright.There are a lot of guys on here that are bleating that we need a new QB at every corner. He has to be able to scramble, he has to have a cannon arm, he has to look good in a suit, he has to be able to force a ball in quadruple coverage and still have it caught... well boys, where is this mythical beast? Because if he exists there will be at least another 29 teams all looking for him too. It's typical of the narrow minded, instant gratification society we now live in. It doesn't work, throw it away and get a shiny new thing, that if that doesn't solve all your problems it gets replaced a year later by something else.

You know the ins and outs of your team better then I do, that's for sure.  However the Panthers didn't have much of a defense prior to Cam's arrival and for two years after he got here.  Thank goodness we were able to bring in Dave Gettleman who did get us bigger in the trenches by doubling down on DT's, drafting depth at LB, signing free agents on smart one year deals, and revamping the interior of our Oline.  That said none of the changes would have mattered if Jimmy Clausen would have been the qb.  We bring in Cam and our record improves by 5 wins his first year.  Of course bringing in only a qb isn't the solution, the Bucs will have to makes some moves multi laterally.  If you're wanting a new OC, then the OC is going to want his guy.  The Bucs have some talent.  I'm pretty sure if they would have come back and beat us in week  1 their season is going in a different direction right now.  They're just really inconsistent, and they haven't had a good coach since Gruden and Dungy.If TB actually hired a legit coach instead of floundering around with all these nobody's and has beens, the first thing that coach will do his draft "his" QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This ^^^Right now Glennon is hovering around average to above average.  I don't think you can build a great defense in this current salary cap era unless you hit some home runs late in the draft like Seattle has done.

With the state of the Bucs as is, is it time to make a play for a qb? or is it time to bolster the oline and take a dominant LT? If you believe Glennon is a backup, and you go qb round 1, shouldn't logic state that the new qb is the starter? throw a rookie qb out there behind our current oline, with Dougie "0.5yards and a cloud of nothing" won't that possibly shatter the qb's confidence almost at the same percentage that he might be able to provide the spark to overcome the limitations of our offense?Do you want to take a gamble on a guy who might be the real deal or bust, and if he's the real deal, still possibly get him shell shocked behind this craptastic offense?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With the state of the Bucs as is, is it time to make a play for a qb? or is it time to bolster the oline and take a dominant LT? If you believe Glennon is a backup, and you go qb round 1, shouldn't logic state that the new qb is the starter? throw a rookie qb out there behind our current oline, with Dougie "0.5yards and a cloud of nothing" won't that possibly shatter the qb's confidence almost at the same percentage that he might be able to provide the spark to overcome the limitations of our offense?Do you want to take a gamble on a guy who might be the real deal or bust, and if he's the real deal, still possibly get him shell shocked behind this craptastic offense?

I rather take the gamble to improve.  You can't be afraid to improve.Passing on Teddy, Manziel and Carr..fine..but passing on a Mariotta for example? Not fine in my book.Yeah Romo looks better with a better offensive line, but the Cowboys still were able to limp to wins because of Romo despite a historically bad defense last year. Steelers (Roethlisberger), Panthers (Newton),  Falcons (Ryan) etc have holes on their rosters and down years, but they are still competitive.  Having a top ten guy, or has shown to be a top ten guy at times keeps an NFL team competitive.  Garcia was the last top ten guy along with Freeman that showed they could do it in spurts, and the Bucs were actually relevant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know how you look at the offensive and defensive line -- one of which can't block and the other of which can't rush the passer or stop the run -- and think that QB is the biggest need on this team.

I obviously can't speak for others, but for me, it's not that I think that QB is the biggest need on the team.  Or that a new one would magically fix the defense.  Instead, it's that teams only get so many opportunities to draft a top QB prospect.  As we've seen all too often with our own team, it's all too possible to have a wretched season and still not have a shot at one of the top prospects based on the draft class and how the draft itself falls.If the team were to draft a QB this May, I'd look at it as in investment in the future.  Yes, it's still a team game, but they *are* the single most impactful players in the game.  That said, if I were running the team and would up being in a position to draft Mariota or whomever winds up as the top prospect, I'd definitely listen to offers from other teams.  It'd have to be a pretty danged serious offer, and there are obviously no guarantees going that route either, but I do feel like Glennon has showed enough to make that a viable option.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I rather take the gamble to improve.  You can't be afraid to improve.Passing on Teddy, Manziel and Carr..fine..but passing on a Mariotta for example? Not fine in my book.Yeah Romo looks better with a better offensive line, but the Cowboys still were able to limp to wins because of Romo despite a historically bad defense last year. Steelers (Roethlisberger), Panthers (Newton),  Falcons (Ryan) etc have holes on their rosters and down years, but they are still competitive.  Having a top ten guy, or has shown to be a top ten guy at times keeps an NFL team competitive.  Garcia was the last top ten guy along with Freeman that showed they could do it in spurts, and the Bucs were actually relevant.

Fair enough, but having a Jake Matthews type tackle wouldn't have been an improvement over Collins or Datson?I understand your point, qb has the chance to be a bigger factor in the success of the team. I'll have to defer to your knowledge of Mariotta, maybe he will be a franchise caliber pro style qb, and if he is, I'd be all for it. I just think, after watching the game, we need someone that can call a better game. A new qb with our line, and bad running game, he'll get killed out there.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

I think the Bucs can still trade for Manziel.  Hoyer has looked really good.  Trade the Browns Vincent Jackson or Mike Evans straight up for Manziel right now.    They need a WR.  Then pick an offensive lineman next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A QB now wouldn’t make a difference…especially when you flushed your entire OL down the toilet and a bring in scrubs replace them….Expect a high draft pick(s) on the OL and QBThe DL has a few good spots...Clinton McDonald sucks and rode his Superbowl gravy train right into Tampa; need a stouter, quicker guy at position...McDonald is a backup making starter money...Another high pick or FA next yearthe ILB position spot is weak...Foster and Fletcher should be delivering UPS packages....those two fools bite on ALL play action...and they NEVER drop deep enough in coverage...two dumb azzes...Another Pick or FA next yearLeslie Frazier should be given a plane ticket out of town...despite the fact that WRs are killing our DBs with slants and passes over top, the fool hasn't realized that giving WRs 10 yard cushions isn't working...He's gone....can't do it now...Levi has to adapt his scheme to the New NFL....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did anyone say we should pass on such a prospect?Even if Glennon is awesome we could draft such a prospect and then trade him, if not backing up Glennon, who could get injured behind a OL like ours.It doesnt matter much how good Glennnon really is to know if we should draft or not draft top10 QBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where are the Bridgewater fans today? How'd he do yesterday?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those two examples were quite awhile ago and throes teams had top 10 greatest defenses in NFL history.  Not exactly a template that's easy to replicate.

+1The NFL has changed a lot since then...a lot...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s fine… they’re still better off than us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He had an average game.Carr had a very good game.Bortles was a mix between the play of those two. Overall, for rookies they are heading the right direction. Year 2 will determine their fates but they are showing promising sign of beating blitzes/heat sent against them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is Wilson elite? He made plays no doubt about it, but the defense was lights out against P Manning in the Super Bowl just a few months ago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is Wilson elite? He made plays no doubt about it, but the defense was lights out against P Manning in the Super Bowl just a few months ago.

He is a tweener in that he is a top ten guy that plays sometimes in the top five "elite level".  Rivers is another example.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The qbs in this draft suck so this is a bad year to be looking. We are SOFT in the trenches.. you can NEVER win in the nfl with shitty lines on both sides of the ball. I think only two guys from pur entire front seven on defense would start on any other team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The qbs in this draft suck so this is a bad year to be looking. We are SOFT in the trenches.. you can NEVER win in the nfl with (censored)ty lines on both sides of the ball. I think only two guys from pur entire front seven on defense would start on any other team.

I don't think the QB's in the 2015 suck.  But the 2014 draft had a better diversity of QB's to choose from.Still, had Mariotta came out in 2014, he would have been the top prospect.  So, having a shot at him in 2015 is all good.

Please wait…

• sgtmaj

Participant

We dont need Glennon to be top 10. The middle of the road qbs in this league are good players whose teams win and arent looking to replace them. Guys like Dalton and Romo.

Not to mention Flacco, he's considered middle of the road, and him and Kubiak just shredded Lovie and Leslie.

You consider Flacco middle of the road?  How freakin good do you have to be to be good?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He had an average game.Carr had a very good game.Bortles was a mix between the play of those two. Overall, for rookies they are heading the right direction. Year 2 will determine their fates but they are showing promising sign of beating blitzes/heat sent against them.

Bridgewater had 188 yards and 3 int's with no touchdowns. How is this an average game?

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Bridgewater had 188 yards and 3 int's with no touchdowns. How is this an average game?

Average for Bridgewater.  Horrible for anyone else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For a rookie it was pretty mediocre (average).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you believe that’s average for a rookie, I’m not quite sure your criticism of Glennon makes much sense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Average for Bridgewater.  Horrible for anyone else.

Yeah Bridge has a ways to go yo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you believe that's average for a rookie, I'm not quite sure your criticism of Glennon makes much sense.

Glennon isn't a rookie.Different grading scales. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I read somewhere that Bortles leads the league in 3rd down conversion

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did just finish his 16th start, and I don’t recall you claiming he was “heading in the right direction” last season, when he was performing far better than what you now claim to be average for a rookie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn't surprise me but rookie stats overall don't have much impact on what they do on year 2.  But showing signs you can beat a blitz or convert third down is pretty important.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn't surprise me but rookie stats overall don't have much impact on what they do on year 2.  But showing signs you can beat a blitz or convert third down is pretty important.

He's also the #2 rated QB under pressure on PFF

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You consider Flacco middle of the road?  How freakin good do you have to be to be good?

he could be top 10 (when playing against Lovie's defense), or top 15top 3, Brady, Brees, Manning (in my opinion, not many would argue those are the top 3 qbs)how is middle of the road a slap in the face? I'm saying he's in the 10-15 range out of 32 starting qbs.Any given week, the "Rodgers, Rivers, Rothlesberger, Wilson, Flacco, Romo, E Manning, Foles, Ryan, Dalton" group could be interchangeable. With the Orton, Newton, Kaepernick, Stafford group not far behind.I don't think it's far fetched to say those are possibly the top 17 qbs, and Flacco is in that group. Just because he lit Lovie's defense up doesn't mean he's taking a top 3 spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The qbs in this draft suck so this is a bad year to be looking. We are SOFT in the trenches.. you can NEVER win in the nfl with (censored)ty lines on both sides of the ball. I think only two guys from pur entire front seven on defense would start on any other team.

I don't think the QB's in the 2015 suck.  But the 2014 draft had a better diversity of QB's to choose from.Still, had Mariotta came out in 2014, he would have been the top prospect.  So, having a shot at him in 2015 is all good.

NFL Fans: October: "THE QUARTERBACKS IN THIS DRAFT ARE GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!"March: "THE QUARTERBACKS IN THIS DRAFT SUCK, WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR AND THEY'LL BE AWESOME!!!"June: "WHY DIDN'T WE DRAFT A QUARTERBACK?!?!" Also, Mariota's stats are 99% the product of the system he's in. You can throw every number he's posted directly into the bin. If you want to draft him, you have to be convinced (based on his tape) that he can read a defense on his own (without looking over to the sidelines) and can go through progressions when his 1-read offense breaks down. He could be a superstar based on skills, but he could just as easily be an enormous bust. For me, I'm looking elsewhere for a QB in 2015 if it comes to that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL Fans: October: "THE QUARTERBACKS IN THIS DRAFT ARE GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!"March: "THE QUARTERBACKS IN THIS DRAFT SUCK, WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR AND THEY'LL BE AWESOME!!!"June: "WHY DIDN'T WE DRAFT A QUARTERBACK?!?!" Also, Mariota's stats are 99% the product of the system he's in. You can throw every number he's posted directly into the bin. If you want to draft him, you have to be convinced (based on his tape) that he can read a defense on his own (without looking over to the sidelines) and can go through progressions when his 1-read offense breaks down. He could be a superstar based on skills, but he could just as easily be an enormous bust. For me, I'm looking elsewhere for a QB in 2015 if it comes to that.

I don't like mariota at all

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only way this team gets an elite QB is if they actually draft a QB. Glennon isn’t that. Maybe once this franchise stops settling for mediocrity and takes a chance on something great we will actually have a chance to be relevant in this League. Every QB ever drafted was potential to be a bust but those teams still took the chance. Can’t get one if you don’t at least try.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We don’t need elite, we need one of those top 20 QB’s. Seriously, there are about 20 playoff capable QB’s in the NFL. They aren’t elite in the Manning, Rodgers sense but they are good enough you can win with them. WE’ve got to get a guy into that mix. Problem right nbow is that Glennon ain’t in that mix, he’s is on the outside looking in. In passer rating he is neatly sandwiched between Kirk Cousins and Ryan Fitzpatrick which isn’t a place you want to be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only way this team gets an elite QB is if they actually draft a QB. Glennon isn't that. Maybe once this franchise stops settling for mediocrity and takes a chance on something great we will actually have a chance to be relevant in this League. Every QB ever drafted was potential to be a bust but those teams still took the chance. Can't get one if you don't at least try.

Drafting a bust sets your franchise back, minimum, of 3-4 years in most cases. It's not only the lost draft pick (which could have been used to shore up some other aspect of the football team), it's also the growing-pain years where you accept bad football on the belief that "my QB needs the snaps to get better."If there is a lock-down, universally-lauded, can't miss QB in the draft (see: Luck, Andrew) you have to take him.Absent that? Get an anchor for the O-Line. Get a terror on the D-Line. Building in the trenches is a winning formula.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs need a working offensive live. Not even Peyton Manning will survive a week with these clowns.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only way this team gets an elite QB is if they actually draft a QB. Glennon isn't that. Maybe once this franchise stops settling for mediocrity and takes a chance on something great we will actually have a chance to be relevant in this League. Every QB ever drafted was potential to be a bust but those teams still took the chance. Can't get one if you don't at least try.

Drafting a bust sets your franchise back, minimum, of 3-4 years in most cases. It's not only the lost draft pick (which could have been used to shore up some other aspect of the football team), it's also the growing-pain years where you accept bad football on the belief that "my QB needs the snaps to get better."If there is a lock-down, universally-lauded, can't miss QB in the draft (see: Luck, Andrew) you have to take him.Absent that? Get an anchor for the O-Line. Get a terror on the D-Line. Building in the trenches is a winning formula.

The problem is that guy only comes around once a decade or so and your team has to be completely terrible at just the right time to get him. Otherwise, you have to take a chance on someone else and hope whatever some people thought was wrong with him isn't a problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“If there is a lock-down, universally-lauded, can’t miss QB in the draft (see: Luck, Andrew) you have to take him. Absent that? Get an anchor for the O-Line. “Really so the Steelers with Roth shouldn't have taken him as he's a risk? Rivers, same thing? Rodgers? Manning (either one was questioned coming out), Flacco...of of those were bad picks because none of them were Luck-ian level sure things.Taking a bad QB sets you back but the reason you are taking a QB is that you have a bad one so instead of having a chance to not suck for a decade your answer is to maintain the status quo with a suck QB and try and build around him? This is known as the "All About 5" approach to the game and it don't work. Until you have a QB, nothing else will work.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of the best ways to ensure you never have a franchise QB is to give up on a promising young QB you already do have because he isn't playing at an all pro level from day one.Those are the laughable expectations some of our fans have, hopefully people whose opinions actually matter aren't as foolish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"If there is a lock-down, universally-lauded, can't miss QB in the draft (see: Luck, Andrew) you have to take him. Absent that? Get an anchor for the O-Line. "Really so the Steelers with Roth shouldn't have taken him as he's a risk? Rivers, same thing? Rodgers? Manning (either one was questioned coming out), Flacco...of of those were bad picks because none of them were Luck-ian level sure things.Taking a bad QB sets you back but the reason you are taking a QB is that you have a bad one so instead of having a chance to not suck for a decade your answer is to maintain the status quo with a suck QB and try and build around him? This is known as the "All About 5" approach to the game and it don't work. Until you have a QB, nothing else will work.

Horrible play from your lines is worse than having a bad QB. We don't have a bad QB, btw.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“If there is a lock-down, universally-lauded, can’t miss QB in the draft (see: Luck, Andrew) you have to take him. Absent that? Get an anchor for the O-Line. “Okay and who exactly is this rookie anchor going to protect? The absolute world beater in Mike Glennon? You're right taking a QB sets the franchise back but where is this franchise going right now? Nowhere. Even if we end up going backwards we at least have to attempt to go forward. You risk to draft a QB you can build around. This fan base and team needs a face. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This team needs an offensive line that can block and a defensive line that can get to the QB. The fan base angle is little more than a marketing gimmick that has literally nothing to do with performance on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drafting a bust sets your franchise back, minimum, of 3-4 years in most cases. It's not only the lost draft pick (which could have been used to shore up some other aspect of the football team), it's also the growing-pain years where you accept bad football on the belief that "my QB needs the snaps to get better."

*Not* drafting a franchise quarterback can certainly set a team back as well though.  Getting just good enough to be mired in mediocrity is its own risk.  As nice as it would be right now to have the team actually reach the lofty heights of mediocrity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"If there is a lock-down, universally-lauded, can't miss QB in the draft (see: Luck, Andrew) you have to take him. Absent that? Get an anchor for the O-Line. "Okay and who exactly is this rookie anchor going to protect? The absolute world beater in Mike Glennon? You're right taking a QB sets the franchise back but where is this franchise going right now? Nowhere. Even if we end up going backwards we at least have to attempt to go forward. You risk to draft a QB you can build around. This fan base and team needs a face.

If we had Christian Ponder or Geno Smith I'd agree, you go full bore qb. Thing is, we don't have an elite qb, but we also don't have the worst qb in the league.They say it takes time for the pro game to slow down for rookies, so you want to draft a good/great qb to sit behind this line? He'll get murdered, and probably lose his confidence in this team. And we'll have the next Steve Young on our hands, a guy who doesn't do much here, gets traded and boom becomes a great qb on a good team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, Glennon isn’t very good. 31st in completion %. That mirrors the PFF accuracy percentage stat that factors out spikes, throwaways, drops, passes where the defender knocks the QB down as he is throwing…just when the QB wants to throw it and does where does it go….he’s last in that stat. 23rd in YPA and 22nd in Passer Rating. The one thing is is above average in is his low INT% (14th). He can do good things but he doesn’t do them often enough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"If there is a lock-down, universally-lauded, can't miss QB in the draft (see: Luck, Andrew) you have to take him. Absent that? Get an anchor for the O-Line. "Really so the Steelers with Roth shouldn't have taken him as he's a risk? Rivers, same thing? Rodgers? Manning (either one was questioned coming out), Flacco...of of those were bad picks because none of them were Luck-ian level sure things.Taking a bad QB sets you back but the reason you are taking a QB is that you have a bad one so instead of having a chance to not suck for a decade your answer is to maintain the status quo with a suck QB and try and build around him? This is known as the "All About 5" approach to the game and it don't work. Until you have a QB, nothing else will work.

The Jaguars took Blaine Gabbert a pick before the Texans took JJ Watt. Who do you think is happier with their decision? And it's not a simple "Have a QB" / "Have no QB" -- there's a continuum here that ranges from "Elite QB" to "Can't Win With This Guy" and a lot of stops in between. If you have absolutely nothing at the QB position (see: Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, etc.), yeah -- you might need to make a big reach for a QB. If you've got something in the middle? Don't reach for an unsure thing. Fix the trenches. There's usually an Andy Dalton available in every draft if you look hard enough and put him in the right situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, Glennon isn't very good. 31st in completion %. That mirrors the PFF accuracy percentage stat that factors out spikes, throwaways, drops, passes where the defender knocks the QB down as he is throwing...just when the QB wants to throw it and does where does it go....he's last in that stat. 23rd in YPA and 22nd in Passer Rating. The one thing is is above average in is his low INT% (14th). He can do good things but he doesn't do them often enough.

Where does he rank in % of drop backs pressured?  I'm sure one of those sites you use has that.  Esco has me genuinely curious, but not enough so to actually look for myself. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Rams took Chris Long ahead of Matt Ryan.  Who do you think is happier with *that* decision?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Rams took Chris Long ahead of Matt Ryan.  Who do you think is happier with *that* decision?

Exactly. The Dolphins passed on him to "fix the trenches", too. Every QB who didn't got #1 overall or #2 behind another QB had some team that thought something was wrong with him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From the no kidding set, taking the wrong QB is bad but ask yourself this about Gabbert….were the Jags winning  a SB with who they had anyways…even if they added a really good tackle? No. Gabbert was a whiff but then again taking a bad tackle or DE or WR is bad as well. It is always wrong to take a bad player. If you make a mistake then you go back and draft Blake Bortles and hope he’s a the guy and if that fails, you will draft another guy….again if you don’t have “the guy” it doesn’t matter who else you have on your roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the end, I think that if you’re running a team, you have to trust that your scouts are worth the money they’re paying them.  If they think there’s a franchise quarterback prospect available, you draft him while accepting the fact that you may be wrong.  If they’re wishy-washing on it, you hope another team will back up the Brinks truck for the chance to draft him.  And again, accept the fact that you may be making the wrong decision.  You just can’t be paralyzed by the fear that you *might* make a bad call.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“There’s usually an Andy Dalton available in every draft if you look hard enough and put him in the right situation.”And there is usually good DL and OL prospects in the 2nd and 3rd round every year.  Fear and aiming for mediocracy.  Yeah that's a formula for success.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the end, I think that if you're running a team, you have to trust that your scouts are worth the money they're paying them.  If they think there's a franchise quarterback prospect available, you draft him while accepting the fact that you may be wrong.  If they're wishy-washing on it, you hope another team will back up the Brinks truck for the chance to draft him.  And again, accept the fact that you may be making the wrong decision.  You just can't be paralyzed by the fear that you *might* make a bad call.

That's not the way the draft works anymore.  You are not chained to high pick QBs, or any position, now.  Even if you take a QB with the first pick now you are paying him less then league average.  The Jags suffered very small short term cap hits for letting go of Gabbert as early as they did.  Plus they even got a pick back for him, because he might be able to become that Mike Glennon level of backup option. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you've got something in the middle? Don't reach for an unsure thing. Fix the trenches. There's usually an Andy Dalton available in every draft if you look hard enough and put him in the right situation.

Like when the Dolphins picked Jake Long and then Chad Henne instead of Matt Ryan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the end, I think that if you're running a team, you have to trust that your scouts are worth the money they're paying them.  If they think there's a franchise quarterback prospect available, you draft him while accepting the fact that you may be wrong.  If they're wishy-washing on it, you hope another team will back up the Brinks truck for the chance to draft him.  And again, accept the fact that you may be making the wrong decision.  You just can't be paralyzed by the fear that you *might* make a bad call.

That's not the way the draft works anymore.  You are not chained to high pick QBs, or any position, now.  Even if you take a QB with the first pick now you are paying him less then league average.  The Jags suffered very small short term cap hits for letting go of Gabbert as early as they did.  Plus they even got a pick back for him, because he might be able to become that Mike Glennon level of backup option.

The financial hit of drafting a lemon QB isn't nearly as bad as the fact that you've wasted the opportunity to draft a better player with a (presumably) premium pick.I've got no problem with drafting a QB if he represents a significant upgrade and is the best player available when your draft turn comes. What I'm absolutely, 100% opposed to is drafting "best QB available" simply because you think you need to roll the dice and grab a QB. That's silly. That's how you end up with Christian Ponder or Jake Locker on your team -- overdrafting a dude to appease a vocal portion of the fanbase that wants a new jersey or a new guy to pin their hope on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't understand how this reply related to my post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've got no problem with drafting a QB if he represents a significant upgrade and is the best player available when your draft turn comes. What I'm absolutely, 100% opposed to is drafting "best QB available" simply because you think you need to roll the dice and grab a QB. That's silly. That's how you end up with Christian Ponder or Jake Locker on your team -- overdrafting a dude to appease a vocal portion of the fanbase that wants a new jersey or a new guy to pin their hope on.

Duh.  Who's advocating doing that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you've got something in the middle? Don't reach for an unsure thing. Fix the trenches. There's usually an Andy Dalton available in every draft if you look hard enough and put him in the right situation.

Like when the Dolphins picked Jake Long and then Chad Henne instead of Matt Ryan.

I get the general point, but on this one specifically, I highly doubt that Matt Ryan becomes Matt Ryan if he had been selected by the Dolphins. Of all the QBs drafted over the past few years, he strikes me as the most "fell into a great situation" in terms of the team building itself around him and placing him in a position to be successful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've got no problem with drafting a QB if he represents a significant upgrade and is the best player available when your draft turn comes. What I'm absolutely, 100% opposed to is drafting "best QB available" simply because you think you need to roll the dice and grab a QB. That's silly. That's how you end up with Christian Ponder or Jake Locker on your team -- overdrafting a dude to appease a vocal portion of the fanbase that wants a new jersey or a new guy to pin their hope on.

LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've genuinely lost count of how many times "DRAFT A QB, ANY QB!" has been advocated for on this board alone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’re one of the worst teams in football, if not the worst currently. Anyone saying “setting the franchise back” as some rationalization to not draft a QB in 2015 might need to re-evaluate what exactly we’ve done in the last 12 years. This is team is f*cking irrelevant . I really don't get the fear angle of not wanting to draft a QB because we're scared they'll be a "bust". You could say that about every player in the draft on some level. There's no guarantees but if you have a chance to draft a guy that could elevate your franchise you don't run away from that because of past failure (ie. Josh Freeman in 2009). Glennon is an average starter right now. Unless he becomes some world-beater before the end of the year we'll be picking in the top-5.If we have a chance at Mariota then we gotta draft him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I read most of the posts it is too simple. Hire a elite Qb and the whole team is winning the Superbowl. Really?I remember Payton Manning at the Superbowl. He had his badest game of the season because the whole team was bad. I want a good Qb for the bucs also, but that is not the only position that need to be fixed.imo.It starts with coaching and better play calling. Even that most of you won't hear it. Shiano's team was competitive most time. Lovies team playing like they are doing their first game in life.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I get the general point, but on this one specifically, I highly doubt that Matt Ryan becomes Matt Ryan if he had been selected by the Dolphins. Of all the QBs drafted over the past few years, he strikes me as the most "fell into a great situation" in terms of the team building itself around him and placing him in a position to be successful.

im no expert but considering the Falcons had the 3rd pick in the draft I’m pretty sure they weren’t very good before Ryan got there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you serious? Ryan got drafted immediately after the Falcons had one of the biggest disaster seasons in NFL history with the Michael Vick dog fighting scandal and Bobby Petrino hiring/quitting. Cam Newton similarly got drafted by a 2-14 and he turned out ok. Good QBs overcome. That's why they're good QBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I read most of the posts it is too simple. Hire a elite Qb and the whole team is winning the Superbowl. Really?I remember Payton Manning at the Superbowl. He had his badest game of the season because the whole team was bad. I want a good Qb for the bucs also, but that is not the only position that need to be fixed.imo.It starts with coaching and better play calling. Even that most of you won't hear it. Shiano's team was competitive most time. Lovies team playing like they are doing their first game in life.

The thing is each draft class only has one, two, or maybe three good QBs in it and you don't have a chance at one of them every year. You can't just say "oh I'll pick the best QB in franchise history next year". There may not be a next year. After the Bucs passed on Aaron Rodgers in 2005, they didn't have a chance at a single legitimately good QB until Dalton and Kaepernick in 2011. That's five years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Troy Aikman arrived to a dumpster fire of a team. Hell he had to fight it out with the guy taken with a 1 in the supplemental draft – Steve Walsh. Most good QB’s arrive on really bad teams…because those are the teams who can draft really good QB prospects.

Please wait…

• GARCIAFAN

Participant

“…if you don’t have “the guy” it doesn’t matter who else you have on your roster.”Dilfer was the man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I read most of the posts it is too simple. Hire a elite Qb and the whole team is winning the Superbowl. Really?

Your strawman is full of straw.

Even that most of you won't hear it. Shiano's team was competitive most time. Lovies team playing like they are doing their first game in life.

Ah, yes.  They were a 4-12 team that played stupid, undisciplined football (toes on the line or no), but they were a *competitive* 4-12 team that played stupid, undisciplined football.  Sort of.  But not really.  Well, that's ok then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"...if you don't have "the guy" it doesn't matter who else you have on your roster."Dilfer was the man.

Dilfer was sort of the exception that proved the rule.  In all sincerity, as hard as it is to find a franchise quarterback - it's much, much harder to build a defense as dominant as the Ravens squad he won his Superbowl with.

Please wait…

• GARCIAFAN

Participant

Yeah, I realize that. Just pointing out that the sweeping generalization wasn’t true.Jeff Hostetler was the man!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I read most of the posts it is too simple. Hire a elite Qb and the whole team is winning the Superbowl. Really?

Your strawman is full of straw.

Even that most of you won't hear it. Shiano's team was competitive most time. Lovies team playing like they are doing their first game in life.

Ah, yes.  They were a 4-12 team that played stupid, undisciplined football (toes on the line or no), but they were a *competitive* 4-12 team that played stupid, undisciplined football.  Sort of.  But not really.  Well, that's ok then.

Even they've lost many games I had more hope for the next game than this year. That was the second game where the game was over after the first quarter. They were outplayed like a college team. That did not happend the last two years. And penalties are a problem this year also. Last season Shiano was the bad man, but who is it this year?I expected more from lovie and hope he gets the sip in the right direction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you guys are quick to forgot how bad we were last year.  doesn’t anyone remember the 0-8 start?  we might be even worse this year but longing for the good old days of Schiano aint happening on my part.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The thing is each draft class only has one, two, or maybe three good QBs in it and you don't have a chance at one of them every year. You can't just say "oh I'll pick the best QB in franchise history next year". There may not be a next year. After the Bucs passed on Aaron Rodgers in 2005, they didn't have a chance at a single legitimately good QB until Dalton and Kaepernick in 2011. That's five years.

That makes sense to me. And you never have the warranty that a drafted player will have success in the NFL. And to have an elite Qb on your own team seems to be the wish  of most fans in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Horrible play from your lines is worse than having a bad QB. We don't have a bad QB, btw.

Yep.Contrary to popular belief this game is still ultimately won and lost on both lines of scrimmage .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there are, at least, 20 teams out there that need a “franchise QB”.  If it were that easy, ALL teams would have a “franchise QB”.  The ‘Skins gave away multiple draft choices, including 2 #1’s for what they thought was a “franchise QB”.  Andrew Luck’s dont come around very often.  Is Bortles, Carr, Manziel, Bridgwater, “franchise QB’s”? Of course, we need a ‘franchise QB’ but its not that easy, or we’d have one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well the premise of this argument is that we will be picking pretty damn high and there is potentially two franchise QB in this draft. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon has 10 more games to show us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not necessarily. Lovie is the coach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True. Glennon can stink up the joint like he did Sunday, lead us to the Number #1 pick and Lovie won't pull the trigger on Mariota or Winston. That's just another reason as to why I'm pulling for Glennon to step up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True. Glennon can stink up the joint like he did Sunday, lead us to the Number #1 pick and Lovie won't pull the trigger on Mariota or Winston. That's just another reason as to why I'm pulling for Glennon to step up.

No , I mean we could see McClown back in there at any moment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well the premise of this argument is that we will be picking pretty damn high and there is potentially two franchise QB in this draft.

Who?Andrew Luck doesnt come around every year. QBs have the highest odds of busting more than any other position. And the stakes are the highest. When you draft one in the first round, your franchise is practically married to that decision for the next 5 years, for better or for worse. If a head coach or GM blows blows that one decision, his job is toast.Drafting a QB in the first round just because you are desperate is a not a good way to find a franchise QB. If you are not completely sold on a guy, you need to pass.You don't have to have the #1 pick to find a franchise QB. Kaepernick was picked in the 2nd round, Russel Wilson in the 3rd round, Aaron Rodgers was picked in the late 1st round. Drew Brees was picked in the 2nd round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No , I mean we could see McClown back in there at any moment.

[img width=266 height=200]http://memecrunch.com/meme/3GWI1/i-m-outta-here/image.gif?w=400&c=1[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think anyone is advocating the team drafting a guy they are not sold on that high at any position.  But they shouldnt refuse to strongly consider the QB position either if they are not sold on Glennon’s potential to lead this team to a Super Bowl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think anyone is advocating the team drafting a guy they are not sold on that high at any position.  But they shouldnt refuse to strongly consider the QB position either if they are not sold on Glennon's potential to lead this team to a Super Bowl.

I think DJ and a few others are right. I don't think Lovie will draft a QB period, regardless of whether he's sold on him or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drafting a qb that’s able to make plays with his legs compensates for bad Oline play. Nobody is saying don’t draft Oline or Dline..we sure as hell better! But the way its looking, we’ll have a top 5 pick. If Mariota is there you HAVE TO take him. Who knows he may have just an ok year and we could trade down and still grab him in the first  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think anyone is advocating the team drafting a guy they are not sold on that high at any position.  But they shouldnt refuse to strongly consider the QB position either if they are not sold on Glennon's potential to lead this team to a Super Bowl.

I think DJ and a few others are right. I don't think Lovie will draft a QB period, regardless of whether he's sold on him or not.

lovie doesn’t own the team. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t get this fear of drafting a QB. Guys, literally nothing else we do has the potential to turn this team around in as big a way. You can hit on all kinds of high value spots like LOT and DE and still be pond scum year in and year out as long as your QB play is substandard. No, you dont draft a QB just to draft one but assuming we grade out guys like Mariotta, Cook and Winston the way they appear to be grading out by anyone I see…why would you pass on that for any other spot?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tampa 2 can still work, if you can get a dominant front 7. Then again, so can any other defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tampa 2 can still work, if you can get a dominant front 7. Then again, so can any other defense.

If your front 7 is dominant your secondary can sit back there and play tiddlywinks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be nice but Manning, Luck, Rodgers type guys don’t grow on trees. It’s not that the team shouldn’t try or hasn’t tried to look for one. This upcoming draft doesn’t excite me but hopefully we find one soon. It’s no secret that teams who have solid play at this position definitely have a chance to win. Honestly Glennon hasn't played bad he's just not winning us games. It's not all on him as our defense has not gotten him the ball back to get leads. Yes he threw a costly pick but defense needs to help him out and make stops too. It's a team game and it seems for years this team has not played solid team football. Our biggest weaknesses are always costing this team games. Whether it's qb, defense, Oline, pass rush. Were always lacking in something. I realize even good teams have weaknesses but are always strong enough in another area to make up for it. This team never has any of that it seems.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't get this fear of drafting a QB. Guys, literally nothing else we do has the potential to turn this team around in as big a way. You can hit on all kinds of high value spots like LOT and DE and still be pond scum year in and year out as long as your QB play is substandard. No, you dont draft a QB just to draft one but assuming we grade out guys like Mariotta, Cook and Winston the way they appear to be grading out by anyone I see...why would you pass on that for any other spot?

Blah blah blah.You're on record as saying a QB isn't adequate unless he makes great throws on every series of every game. Yep, no mistakes allowed, especially for young QB's, big no no. Somehow I have a feeling if you get your wish and Glennon is removed as the starter, your expectations for what a solid QB is will suddenly become much more realistic. Just a hunch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lovie doesn't own the team.

Glazers don't usually get involved in football decisions though.I'm fine taking a stud QB if a stud QB is there. I'm not for reaching for a QB though . I'm not of the "qb is all that matters" camp.  Plus I think Glennon is good enough to win with if we surround him with competency for once.The game is still won in the trenches . Ultimately we keep losing year in and year out because we get dominated on both lines of scrimmage . If the BPA is an offensive or defensive lineman that should be the pick. We can't ignore it or try to band-aid it any longer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't get this fear of drafting a QB. Guys, literally nothing else we do has the potential to turn this team around in as big a way. You can hit on all kinds of high value spots like LOT and DE and still be pond scum year in and year out as long as your QB play is substandard. No, you dont draft a QB just to draft one but assuming we grade out guys like Mariotta, Cook and Winston the way they appear to be grading out by anyone I see...why would you pass on that for any other spot?

Blah blah blah.You're on record as saying a QB isn't adequate unless he makes great throws on every series of every game. Yep, no mistakes allowed, especially for young QB's, big no no. Somehow I have a feeling if you get your wish and Glennon is removed as the starter, your expectations for what a solid QB is will suddenly become much more realistic. Just a hunch.

LOL...I get that feeling too...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Double up. That’s my advice.Draft mariota, have honest competition, groom whomever doesn't get nod, etc.But first we would have to fire lovie. No way he drafts mariota, just too freelance for his taste.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be nice but Manning, Luck, Rodgers type guys don't grow on trees. It's not that the team shouldn't try or hasn't tried to look for one. This upcoming draft doesn't excite me but hopefully we find one soon. It's no secret that teams who have solid play at this position definitely have a chance to win. Honestly Glennon hasn't played bad he's just not winning us games. It's not all on him as our defense has not gotten him the ball back to get leads. Yes he threw a costly pick but defense needs to help him out and make stops too. It's a team game and it seems for years this team has not played solid team football. Our biggest weaknesses are always costing this team games. Whether it's qb, defense, Oline, pass rush. Were always lacking in something. I realize even good teams have weaknesses but are always strong enough in another area to make up for it. This team never has any of that it seems.

Our defense gives up over 400 yards and 30 points per game. There are very few QB's in the history of the game of football that would win games in that situation, especially as a second year QB. The horrible running game and pass protection just add to it. People are literally asking Glennon to be one of the greatest QB's of all time, for him to overcome all of this on his own. These are the ludicrous expectations the anti-Glennon crowd has because they know it's asking for the impossible.If something is impossible they can never be proven wrong. It's a very sad group of children all repeating the same nonsense. It's a fact that our losses have nothing to do with Glennon. It's a fact that he's the only bright spot on this entire team right now. It's a fact that a small group of posters on this forum dislike him because he's a Schiano pick. Just ponder this for a bit, the same group of people who hate Glennon just happen to be the same group who hated Gruden and wanted him gone. These are the people nobody should be listening to.They're also all liberals, proving once again that liberals are wrong about literally everything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Escobar, that is an asinine statement. How you read “be consistent” and interpret that as “can’t make mistakes” is amazing. I do ask that the Bucs starting QB not be the least accurate starting QB in the league. I know that is hard to fathom.  That lack of accuracy will in the long-run doom him because you can’t function and win that way and everything in the last 20 years supports that idea.As for "once Glennon is removed", think again go back and look at last year and see my sense that he did deserve a chance and he was showing some good qualities. I was certainly not a fan of Drago nor of Freeman so I'm hardly a guy who doesn't want Glennon to work out. My problem is that he doesn't look like he is working out. Last year as a rookie I was a lot more forgiving (and spare me 16 games so he is still a rookie that "logic" doesn't wash) but now in year two i want to see him be a much more complete QB. There are really no metrics or measures that show he is good and people who watch QB's also don't think he is passing the eyeball test right now.Let's be clear I would LOVE to see the next 10 games change my view of Glennon. I'd be tickled to see him get comfortable with the offense and receivers and develop a more consistent game. I want a reliable QB here in Tampa and not having to roll the dice in the draft would be a perfect scenario plus we have a lot of other needs the presumably high pick we have could also help.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dal you’re the worst kind of Glennon critic because you’re a fraud. The others are at least honest about their hatred for Glennon. You, on the other hand, put on an act. You pretend you’re trying to be objective when in reality you do nothing but give Glennon unrealistic goals of perfection. You know damn well Glennon faces a monumental uphill battle, that very few, if any, QB’s in the league now or ever would win with this kind of “defense”. Glennon is doing just fine considering his lack of experience and the circus he was drafted into. You'll continue to have unrealistic expectations and if we draft someone to replace him those expectations will change drastically. I'm calling it now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Being consistent is now an unrealistic goal?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why won't you guys just leave Glennon aloneleave-britney-alone-02.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've never been a fan of Bridgewater as Chace will confirm.....don't like his thin base. Thanks for the compliment, though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I couldn't agree more

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell nawwww!! He's their weakest link.

Please wait…

• asaylor81

Participant

Escobar leaving turds every where.. QB isn’t an important position to him at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I couldn't agree more

+1 Just the facts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Escobar actually thinks we’ll be make the playoffs with Glennon if we fix everything else but doesn’t seem realize outside of McCoy and David we haven’t drafted well in frickin’ years. I would say go jerk off to a Glennon jersey but you can’t even buy the “qb of the future’s” jersey at buccaneers.com, go figure.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

There is an elite QB available right now.  The other teams don’t realize he’s elite, but he is, and the Bucs can sign him right now.tim-tebow2.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is an elite QB available right now.  The other teams don't realize he's elite, but he is, and the Bucs can sign him right now.tim-tebow2.jpg

That's a picture of an elite TE/RB. Is the QB you talk about in the blurred part of the picture we can't see?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes and make him Aaron Rogers as a rookie, with no rookie seasons, not inconsistency and no learning curve. Make him able to carry the team on offense, defense and special teams with no help and no experience.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In 3-1/2 games so far , on a dumpster fire team , despite having no running game and the worst down and distance in the league on 3rd down so far:57% comp. percentage , 1000 yards , 7 tds  and 3 INt's . Qb rating 86Seriously , what more are you honestly wanting to see right now , and which rookie QB is going to waltz in here and perform better under the circumstances  ?The fact is you guys ARE being unrealistic....

Please wait…

• mdclarie

Participant

Glennon is the least of our issues.You can have Manziel out there and he'd be getting killed too behind this o-line.And it doesn't really matter what you do on offense when your defense is giving up 48 points.

With the way Hoyer is playing, Manziel may be available for trade in the offseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

57% comp. percentage

#32 in the NFL

Qb rating 86

#23 in the NFL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

57% comp. percentage

#32 in the NFL

Qb rating 86

#23 in the NFL

Stopping there I see, lolz... the king of the cherry pick strikes again .How about trying the whole context for once. Are you claiming Glennon's stats as a whole are bad so far - on a team with a terrible o-line , zero running game , and the worst down-and-distance in the league ?If you think many would be doing much better on this sinking ship you are kidding yourself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In 3-1/2 games so far , on a dumpster fire team , despite having no running game and the worst down and distance in the league on 3rd down so far:57% comp. percentage , 1000 yards , 7 tds  and 3 INt's . Qb rating 86Seriously , what more are you honestly wanting to see right now , and which rookie QB is going to waltz in here and perform better under the circumstances  ?The fact is you guys ARE being unrealistic....

Comment was directed towards escobar. Dal was talking about consistent play and somehow he was being a hater of Glennon for having unrealistic expectations of him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've never been a fan of Bridgewater as Chace will confirm.....don't like his thin base. Thanks for the compliment, though.

Yup. I'll admit that I am a Bridgewater leg-humper. Have been for well over a year. Even after Sunday's game vs. the Lions, I still love the guy and feel we made a big mistake passing him up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. I'll admit that I am a Bridgewater leg-humper. Have been for well over a year. Even after Sunday's game vs. the Lions, I still love the guy and feel we made a big mistake passing him up.

No , Hate was the Johnny Manziel leg humper. The guy who isn't even good enough to start .  Backup to a guy ( Hoyer ) who has similar stats to Glennon right now - despite two extra starts . LolzGlennon at 1000 yards 7 TDs and 3 INTs through 3 and a half games.Hoyer at 1200 yards 7 TDS and 1NT through 5 games. U mad , Hate ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we all now realize this team is garbage in almost every position. There is no one player that will turn it around for us.  I like Glennon and still believe he can be a good QB in the league with the proper team and scheme. But, do you pass up the opportunity for the chance at a truly elite QB?  It really is that.  A rather sure thing at a good QB (Glennon) or the chance for an elite QB (Mariota or Winston).  I'm not far from accepting blowing up the entire team and just starting over. If, and it is looking more and more likely, we are in position to get a top QB in the draft, then we should. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A rather sure thing at a good mediocre QB (Glennon)

FIFY

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is an elite QB available right now.  The other teams don't realize he's elite, but he is, and the Bucs can sign him right now.tim-tebow2.jpg

That's a picture of an elite TE/RB. Is the QB you talk about in the blurred part of the picture we can't see?

I think you mean "elite motivational speaker".  There's no *actual* evidence that he could hack it as a TE/RB in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy who isn't even good enough to start .  Backup to a guy ( Hoyer ) who has similar stats to Glennon right now - despite two extra starts . LolzGlennon at 1000 yards 7 TDs and 3 INTs through 3 and a half games.Hoyer at 1200 yards 7 TDS and 1NT through 5 games.

Not sure the number of games is relevant, as Hoyer has only thrown 7 more passes than Glennon.  But he has a higher completion %, a better Y/A, and a better TD/INT ratio

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

No , Hate was the Johnny Manziel leg humper.

Kudos to Hate for being right for once.  Manziel will be a big star in the NFL within 3 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only slightly better than Glennons numbers are Hoyers ,  on a much better team.Perspective...Manziel would be sitting next to Kafka if he was here.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

If the Bucs had drafted Manziel, he would currently be the Bucs starter and the Bucs would be 3-3 right now and headed to the playoffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

57% comp. percentage

#32 in the NFL

Qb rating 86

#23 in the NFL

Stopping there I see, lolz... the king of the cherry pick strikes again .How about trying the whole context for once. Are you claiming Glennon's stats as a whole are bad so far - on a team with a terrible o-line , zero running game , and the worst down-and-distance in the league ?If you think many would be doing much better on this sinking ship you are kidding yourself.

I can't say why Glennon's numbers are poor. I just know they are.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Heading to the playoffs ? Lolz. You are awesome Java.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, I see all the excuses back again.  Same excuses we heard for Freeman and how it was everyone else’s fault. How circumstances were to blame, or a lack of talent or he was only 24. That’s fine if you want to roll down that road. Criteria here is simple and not hard to grasp. Inaccurate and inconsistent QBs are no bueno. We can't keep seeing a good half from Glennon after an awful half. How about he pushes his accuracy from dead last or next to last depending on your metric into the upper 20's even?  Heck, how about he noses his accuracy north of Geno Smith first. Are any of those such high barriers that they are unreasonable?

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Heck, how about he noses his accuracy north of Geno Smith first. Are any of those such high barriers that they are unreasonable?

I watched both the Bucs and Jets games.  The Bucs offensive line was so horrid that it was close to an all out jailbreak on every play.  Geno Smith had a lot more protection.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

I think you mean "elite motivational speaker".  There's no *actual* evidence that he could hack it as a TE/RB in the league.

Your right there.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Your right there.

Thanks man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Escobar leaving turds every where.. QB isn't an important position to him at all.

Ironic, considering your entire argument hinges on the OL, defense, running game, and OC, not mattering at all. But you were too stupid to realize that weren't you?Yep.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teams are simply going to copy the Ravens blueprint and bring more than 5 rushers on a given play until Glennon shows he can make defenses pay for being over aggressive. So having five pro bowlers on the offensive line isn’t going to make a difference.This is the same hurdle Josh Johnson couldn't overcome and many other QB's.  Throwing under pressure accurately, and knowing where the holes in the defense are or will be based on the pressure being sent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teams are simply going to copy the Ravens blueprint and bring more than 5 rushers on a given play until Glennon shows he can make defenses pay for being over aggressive. So having five pro bowlers on the offensive line isn't going to make a difference.This is the same hurdle Josh Johnson couldn't overcome and many other QB's.  Throwing under pressure accurately, and knowing where the holes in the defense are or will be based on the pressure being sent.

This is exactly what happened at the end of last year

Please wait…

• sgtmaj

Participant

Tampa 2 is dead bro.  It's been dead for 2 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teams are simply going to copy the Ravens blueprint and bring more than 5 rushers on a given play until Glennon shows he can make defenses pay for being over aggressive. So having five pro bowlers on the offensive line isn't going to make a difference.This is the same hurdle Josh Johnson couldn't overcome and many other QB's.  Throwing under pressure accurately, and knowing where the holes in the defense are or will be based on the pressure being sent.

And that is the difference between good (or mediocre) QB's and elite QB's.  It may be completely unfair to Glennon that people bring the house at him every snap.  They certainly don't do that against Brady or Manning.  But football isn't about fair, its about winning.  Elite QB's are able to take those situations and make the defense pay just enough so they stop sending the house every snap.  Then they keep making the defense pay.  It is almost a baptism ritual for QB's in the NFL. Until the QB proves he can beat it, defenses are just going to keep doing it.

Please wait…