Viewing 66 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

Many were surprised with Lovie Smith’s comment during the NFL Draft that Mike Glennon was Tampa Bay’s quarterback of the future. One person who wasn’t caught off guard by the comments was Glennon himself who said it had been communicated to him prior to the draft.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9822

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Of course it was.  As I said on another post, the Glazers have always relied on pre-draft misinformation.  It’s the smart move.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who knew??  Ha!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, I guess it wasn’t a sudden realization that Glennon was their guy when they were actively shopping him around the league? /blue

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just wonder what the actual plan is for Mike. Is he sitting for a year, is he sitting for two years during McCown’s contract? Is he competing this year? Is it his team this year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He better be competing this year…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He better be competing this year...

He is. He's just losing. While Glennon had a good showing at mini-camp, McCown was sensational. PewterReport.com reported how McCown looked like he was putting on a pro day workout for NFL scouts, as his passes were crisp, rhythmic and on-target with very few incompletions. And it wasn’t just one day. It was the same awesome performance in each of the three days of Tampa Bay’s mini-camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’ll compete for the starting job and is already actively doing so.  I suspect he will learn the offense quicker than McCown but McCown will get first team reps with the team until Glennon either beats him out, McCown himself blows it, or McCown keeps the job due to us being in the playoff hunt.  As far as the Glennon decision, every coaching staff in the league would have kept Glennon over betting on this class of QBs regardless of what Duemig thinks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that's the best option, i'm just not buying this whole elaborate smokescreen thing. I think they wanted him gone but reconsidered once they realized what other teams thought of him. That's a scarey thought really.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that's the best option, i'm just not buying this whole elaborate smokescreen thing. I think they wanted him gone but reconsidered once they realized what other teams thought of him. That's a scarey thought really.

The deepest part of denial isn't in Egypt?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

So, I guess it wasn't a sudden realization that Glennon was their guy when they were actively shopping him around the league? /blue

I think you're missing the entire point.  Actually, I know you are.Disinformation was intentionally spread.  Some directly (calling other clubs to gauge interest) and some things were done indirectly (inviting all those QBs to OBP)The proof is in the pudding.  90% of every mock had us taking Johnny Football.  The things I mentioned above are why they (and other teams) thought that.Again, way to go Bucs, for once again expertly spreading disinformation.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

i'm just not buying this whole elaborate smokescreen thing.

Why not?  the Glazers have a history doing just that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, I guess it wasn't a sudden realization that Glennon was their guy when they were actively shopping him around the league? /blue

I think you're missing the entire point.  Actually, I know you are.Disinformation was intentionally spread.  Some directly (calling other clubs to gauge interest) and some things were done indirectly (inviting all those QBs to OBP)The proof is in the pudding.  90% of every mock had us taking Johnny Football.  The things I mentioned above are why they (and other teams) thought that.Again, way to go Bucs, for once again expertly spreading disinformation.

Since you're new here... the "/blue' indicates sarcasm.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

What blue?My bad, just saw it.  Thanks for the heads up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glazers maybe, Lovie wanted his boy McCown from day 1 since he got here. If he was indeed throwing a smokescreen out there, it's the most elaborate one i've ever seen. He was ho-hum on Glennon the entire time. I'm just not buying it. Could be wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glazers maybe, Lovie wanted his boy McCown from day 1 since he got here. If he was indeed throwing a smokescreen out there, it's the most elaborate one i've ever seen. He was ho-hum on Glennon the entire time. I'm just not buying it. Could be wrong.

Do you remember who the QBs were that were on the roster when Lovie got here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If McCown has a very good year and the Bucs extend him, how will Glennon feel then?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like working harder?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like working harder?

Like he wants to be traded?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smokescreens historically are a major weapon, and the NFL is a war, just w/o guns. WW II featured many diversions by the Allies to detract from what their REAL intentions were. Normandy is well known, but even the invasion of Italy featured some diversionary tactics to give the Allies a momentary advantage. To think this tactic isn’t used by at least some NFL franchises is delusional.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reassurance before the draft is one thing , (of which I’m very skeptical of actually happening), but during the draft right after a failed trade attempt is another.  Me, I’m a big Glennon fan,  but I’m not at all convinced Lovie sees Glennon as the “future”  here any longer than the time it takes to draft his successor. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gullible much?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Smokescreens historically are a major weapon, and the NFL is a war, just w/o guns. WW II featured many diversions by the Allies to detract from what their REAL intentions were. Normandy is well known, but even the invasion of Italy featured some diversionary tactics to give the Allies a momentary advantage. To think this tactic isn't used by at least some NFL franchises is delusional.

Thank you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are more tight-lipped than the CIA. If you think all that junk that pouring out before the draft  wasn’t intentionally put out, you are delusional. Im surprised so many here and in the media fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are more tight-lipped than the CIA. If you think all that junk that pouring out before the draft  wasn't intentionally put out, you are delusional. Im surprised so many here and in the media fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

All you had to do is look at the character of our head coach and you knew that JFF wasn't coming here. JFF could have been available in the 5th round and we weren't going to take him.  Still scared by those that dont understand that.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

The Bucs are more tight-lipped than the CIA. If you think all that junk that pouring out before the draft  wasn't intentionally put out, you are delusional. Im surprised so many here and in the media fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Honestly, I was too.  The media took it and ran with it. They do, every year like clockwork.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I suspect he will learn the offense quicker than McCown

lolwut.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Out of curiosity, what's the end game in your elaborate "bodyguard of lies" deception plan theory?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Again please, in English?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lolwut.jpg

You're a funny guy.  So, you think that a career journeyman whose best season's #s were topped by Glennon last year, you know, his rookie year, and McCown's the more intelligent of the two QBs?  You are going to change your tune about Glennon at some point.  I want Buc Ws so how we get there is irrelevant just try not to discredit the obvious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lolwut.jpg

You're a funny guy.  So, you think that a career journeyman whose best season's #s were topped by Glennon last year, you know, his rookie year, and McCown's the more intelligent of the two QBs?  You are going to change your tune about Glennon at some point.  I want Buc Ws so how we get there is irrelevant just try not to discredit the obvious.

This is the obvious. While Glennon had a good showing at mini-camp, McCown was sensational. PewterReport.com reported how McCown looked like he was putting on a pro day workout for NFL scouts, as his passes were crisp, rhythmic and on-target with very few incompletions. And it wasn’t just one day. It was the same awesome performance in each of the three days of Tampa Bay’s mini-camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember when PewterReport.com told you that Glennon was no threat to Freeman’s starting job?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why? Why would our front office potentially damage their relationships with other front offices around the league that they will want to deal with for many years to come by falsely presenting a player for trade considerations that they had no intention of ever letting go?  To plant the seed that they were going to select a player they had no interest in taking?  What is the potential benefit for the Buccaneers franchise?  I understand lying to the media.  Lying directly to other general managers seems like something that would be way worse for our future then any 1 player we could select in this draft.  Scouting and bringing in all those quarterbacks, going to pro days, etc, supposing we were never seriously interested in any of them (or the position at all) seems like a huge misallocation of resources.  The only reason for this elaborate scheme given our selection is if they coveted Mike Evans so greatly and feared someone trading ahead of #7 to select him.  Which also makes little sense seeing that I saw as many (if not more) mocks pinning us with Mike going into the draft.  Were that the case, I would be concerned.  Anyone who could mastermind such a conspiracy to get Mike Evans at 7 surely could have found a way to dupe his inferiors in the business into some trade downs. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, you think that a career journeyman whose best season's #s were topped by Glennon last year.......

Do you really believe that Glennon played better than McCown last year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lolwut.jpg

This is the obvious. While Glennon had a good showing at mini-camp, McCown was sensational. PewterReport.com reported how McCown looked like he was putting on a pro day workout for NFL scouts, as his passes were crisp, rhythmic and on-target with very few incompletions. And it wasn’t just one day. It was the same awesome performance in each of the three days of Tampa Bay’s mini-camp.

All anyone has to do is watch these two guys games from last year to figure this out. McCown is a bona fide NFL starting QB. Glennon is a tall skinny project player who could use 2 more years to develop physically before you even want to consider putting him back on the field. 6' 7" 225 pounds is NOT NFL ready. He needs to gain at least 15 pounds of muscle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember when PewterReport.com told you that Glennon was no threat to Freeman's starting job?

Glennon wasn't the threat to Freeman's starting job. Freeman was the threat to Freeman's starting job. He was so bad he would have been replaced by Glennon, Orlovsky, Kafka, Vinny Testaverder, or whoever they could sign off the street.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lolwut.jpg

All anyone has to do is watch these two guys games from last year to figure this out. McCown is a bona fide NFL starting QB. Glennon is a tall skinny project player who could use 2 more years to develop physically before you even want to consider putting him back on the field. 6' 7" 225 pounds is NOT NFL ready. He needs to gain at least 15 pounds of muscle.

Ah, so Glennon gaining muscle and mass will improve his ability to learn the playbook.  Got it.  I like McCown's game, I just think the ceiling has been established already.  Glennon has potential to be a next level player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the Bucs are content with a career back-up as their starter and an unproven rookie/2nd year as their back-up/QB of the future. How many quality QB’s will the Bucs walk by while this experiment plays out. I liked the Lovie Smith hire. I was assuming Lovie learned his lesson in Chicago as to why he got fired. I guess I was wrong. While Glennon put up decent numbers in 13 games last year. How many games did he fail to show up in the 2nd half of games last year.  >:(Maybe that changes with better coaches and talent on the field. But the fact is, if McCown regresses to his back-up career talent level and Glennon continues to be Mr. Anti Clutch in the 2nd half of games. What do the Bucs do then? Are we looking at drafting a QB next year? or are we trading away 1st round draft picks (ala Cutler) for a middle of the road Starter? The smart move would've been to draft a QB this year as a fall back. That didn't happen obviously. I really do hope that McCown is who they say he is and Glennon develops into a Pro Bowl QB. But if it doesn't then what happens.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Why? Why would our front office potentially damage their relationships with other front offices around the league that they will want to deal with for many years to come by falsely presenting a player for trade considerations that they had no intention of ever letting go? 

This one is easy. First, you're adding too many variables and misconceptions.  Realize that at the end of the day, they are business competitors.  Secondly, It's part of the business process and does not "damage reputations".  Lastly, nobody said they were "presenting" anything.  I'm sure they were very casual conversations that may have included a suggestion that the Bucs could be induced to trade Glennon if the deal was right, which is intentionally ambiguous, and the way negotiations usually start.  Once they started making a few calls like that, the chatter started, the media was tipped, and the misinformation worked.  As I said before, most thought we were going for Johnny Football.  It's really that simple.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

There was never any intention of replacing Glennon ……haters mad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, you think that a career journeyman whose best season's #s were topped by Glennon last year.......

Do you really believe that Glennon played better than McCown last year?

Of course not.  Glennon threw more TDs last year than McCown has ever thrown but McCown had a superior season.  As he should have with the talent there in Chicago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why? Why would our front office potentially damage their relationships with other front offices around the league that they will want to deal with for many years to come by falsely presenting a player for trade considerations that they had no intention of ever letting go?  To plant the seed that they were going to select a player they had no interest in taking?  What is the potential benefit for the Buccaneers franchise?  I understand lying to the media.  Lying directly to other general managers seems like something that would be way worse for our future then any 1 player we could select in this draft.  Scouting and bringing in all those quarterbacks, going to pro days, etc, supposing we were never seriously interested in any of them (or the position at all) seems like a huge misallocation of resources.  The only reason for this elaborate scheme given our selection is if they coveted Mike Evans so greatly and feared someone trading ahead of #7 to select him.  Which also makes little sense seeing that I saw as many (if not more) mocks pinning us with Mike going into the draft.  Were that the case, I would be concerned.  Anyone who could mastermind such a conspiracy to get Mike Evans at 7 surely could have found a way to dupe his inferiors in the business into some trade downs.

Yeah, you are completely overthinking this.  At the end of the day it's business and nothing personal.  Also, you have to do your due diligence as a new GM and Coach tandem.  I for one, was glad to see them working right away.  Don't get upset, we will be competitive right away with this team. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why? Why would our front office potentially damage their relationships with other front offices around the league that they will want to deal with for many years to come by falsely presenting a player for trade considerations that they had no intention of ever letting go? 

This one is easy. First, you're adding too many variables and misconceptions.  Realize that at the end of the day, they are business competitors.  Secondly, It's part of the business process and does not "damage reputations".  Lastly, nobody said they were "presenting" anything.  I'm sure they were very casual conversations that may have included a suggestion that the Bucs could be induced to trade Glennon if the deal was right, which is intentionally ambiguous, and the way negotiations usually start.  Once they started making a few calls like that, the chatter started, the media was tipped, and the misinformation worked.  As I said before, most thought we were going for Johnny Football.  It's really that simple.

Of course they are competitors.  Competitors who often trade players or draft picks or both with each other.  Obviously looking out for their own interests, but I'm sure doing so in an above board manner makes facilitating future transactions more likely.  Since my entire best case scenario draft includes frequent trade down/outs, my preference would be a good working relationship with as many of the other 31 franchises in the league as possible.  You say we weren't "presenting" anything, and go on in your next sentence to lay out what I would consider a "presentation".  Again, for what end?  You seem to have a clairvoyance for these behind closed door exchanges, but haven't told me what we hoped to achieve with them.  Any team who wanted Mike Evans had to have know there was a good chance they'd need to get to 6 for him.  In spite of the brilliant "smokescreens" there were many draft analysts who put their money on Evans to the Bucs at 7.  My opinion on the situation remains that the new Buc regime was not overly impressed with Mike Glennon.  They may have warmed to him some, but however they currently feel about Mike and his future with the team they would rather have a bought in Mike Glennon then one who feels he already has one foot out of the door.  It seems much more likely to me that they genuinely shopped his rights and didn't get what they were hoping for.  It could also be that they were not overly impressed with the quarterback crop and decided after their scouting/visits that none were worthy of the #7 pick.  Once that decision was made about the "first flight" prospects, they deemed Mike a better prospect for our needs then any of the "second tier" candidates.  Combined with the already established poor trade value market, their decision was keep Mike and build him back up.  At least that seems more likely to me then the idea that everything they've said and done since they arrived was one giant smokescreen to get other NFL teams to believe they were taking a qb @ #7 in the 2014 NFL draft for whatever yet to be established minor advantage it may have given us. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, but Mike said today that they had assured him all along that he was their QB.  It’s better to “damage” your relationship with other teams owners and GMs than your QB.  If you dont like Glennon that is one thing but to not see his upside and value based on his skill set and work ethic seems a bit odd to me.  They were never serious about any QB in this draft and we are better off as a franchise because of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, but Mike said today that they had assured him all along that he was their QB.  It's better to "damage" your relationship with other teams owners and GMs than your QB.  If you dont like Glennon that is one thing but to not see his upside and value based on his skill set and work ethic seems a bit odd to me.  They were never serious about any QB in this draft and we are better off as a franchise because of it.

QB "of the future", and the future tends to be right now in the NFL.  I have no doubt Mike Glennon is our quarterback of the future until we draft another, he is traded, or his rookie contract expires.  Why would we have to damage our relationship with either (Mike or other NFL teams)?  Maybe you can help me understand what we gained, or hoped to gain, with this monumental "smokescreen" effort?  Also, I like Mike Glennon.  I don't think he has a very good skill set compared to his peers.  I think it's a long shot that he becomes a top 10 NFL QB, but I am hopeful.  He does seem like a good kid, and the type of young man who can become more then what his physical abilities might suggest. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, but Mike said today that they had assured him all along that he was their QB.  It's better to "damage" your relationship with other teams owners and GMs than your QB.  If you dont like Glennon that is one thing but to not see his upside and value based on his skill set and work ethic seems a bit odd to me.  They were never serious about any QB in this draft and we are better off as a franchise because of it.

QB "of the future", and the future tends to be right now in the NFL.  I have no doubt Mike Glennon is our quarterback of the future until we draft another, he is traded, or his rookie contract expires.  Why would we have to damage our relationship with either (Mike or other NFL teams)?  Maybe you can help me understand what we gained, or hoped to gain, with this monumental "smokescreen" effort?  Also, I like Mike Glennon.  I don't think he has a very good skill set compared to his peers.  I think it's a long shot that he becomes a top 10 NFL QB, but I am hopeful.  He does seem like a good kid, and the type of young man who can become more then what his physical abilities might suggest.

I think the draft is a lot like poker.  You have to stir things up a bit in order to keep other teams honest.  They bluffed on being interested in a QB maybe to entice someone below them to move up and draft a QB in turn leaving a player that they wanted un-drafted. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the draft is a lot like poker.  You have to stir things up a bit in order to keep other teams honest.  They bluffed on being interested in a QB maybe to entice someone below them to move up and draft a QB in turn leaving a player that they wanted un-drafted.

If that's the case it doesn't speak very highly of our team's handle on the rest of the league, does it?  Hell, they could have just called you and found out wasn't shit happening at the top of this draft for QB.  :PAlso, if that is the case, all that effort (the time scouting, sending people to pro days, the use of very limited private visits) was a complete and total failure.  Another not so great sign about our management team? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What happens in 4 years, threadkiller?  All those visits for future reference?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If that's the case it doesn't speak very highly of our team's handle on the rest of the league, does it?  Hell, they could have just called you and found out wasn't **CENSORED** happening at the top of this draft for QB.  :PAlso, if that is the case, all that effort (the time scouting, sending people to pro days, the use of very limited private visits) was a complete and total failure.  Another not so great sign about our management team?

Isn't that what they are here for though, to uncover every stone?  To make sure that they aren't missing something?  Either way, bravo on the draft and hopefully this team will gel in short order.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is. He's just losing. While Glennon had a good showing at mini-camp, McCown was sensational. PewterReport.com reported how McCown looked like he was putting on a pro day workout for NFL scouts, as his passes were crisp, rhythmic and on-target with very few incompletions. And it wasn’t just one day. It was the same awesome performance in each of the three days of Tampa Bay’s mini-camp.

:-) awesome news.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't completely understand the drive of your question Jack, but my opinion is those visits and scouting and flying around the country weren't part of a grand ruse as has been put forward in this thread.  As I said earlier in this thread, I believe we were not (quite possibly still are not) sold that Mike Glennon is who will be quarterbacking our team in 3 years.  That the kumbaya we're seeing now is fence mending. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't completely understand the drive of your question Jack, but my opinion is those visits and scouting and flying around the country weren't part of a grand ruse as has been put forward in this thread.  As I said earlier in this thread, I believe we were not (quite possibly still are not) sold that Mike Glennon is who will be quarterbacking our team in 3 years.  That the kumbaya we're seeing now is fence mending.

Wow... You bit really hard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If that's the case it doesn't speak very highly of our team's handle on the rest of the league, does it?  Hell, they could have just called you and found out wasn't **CENSORED** happening at the top of this draft for QB.  :PAlso, if that is the case, all that effort (the time scouting, sending people to pro days, the use of very limited private visits) was a complete and total failure.  Another not so great sign about our management team?

Isn't that what they are here for though, to uncover every stone?  To make sure that they aren't missing something?  Either way, bravo on the draft and hopefully this team will gel in short order.

Sure, all the stones that are potentially useful.  But you're all over the place now.  You seem to be shifting from "it's a trap" to "due diligence".  If we were sold on Glennon from way back, and we never had any intention of taking a QB, then yeah it's a lot of wasted effort.  I mean, we've still got a lot of pretty crappy stones.  Could have been spending those pro day trips and private visits on guys we might actually have drafted. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too bad no one that matters did apparently. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean like how the Jags picked a QB 3rd overall that probably should have made it into the mid-20s?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean like how the Jags picked a QB 3rd overall that probably should have made it into the mid-20s?

hans-landa-o.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If McCown has a very good year and the Bucs extend him, how will Glennon feel then?

If McCown has a very good year and earns an extension and continues to play well, is anyone really gonna care?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If McCown has a very good year and earns an extension and continues to play well, is anyone really gonna care?

Nobody.  All in for the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as Glennon doesn’t become Freeman 2.0! The Buc’s have never developed a drafted QB into a pro bowler. Either way McCown is the best option for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as Glennon doesn't become Freeman 2.0! The Buc's have never developed a drafted QB into a pro bowler. Either way McCown is the best option for us.

Yep.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m happy with Glennon coming in after 2 years of McCown if he can play like he did in Chicago.

Please wait…

• ptbucs

Participant

As long as Glennon doesn't become Freeman 2.0! The Buc's have never developed a drafted QB into a pro bowler. Either way McCown is the best option for us.

The best option for the team is the player who performs the best in practice/camp and in the games.The idea that a 10+ year journeyman with inconsistent career results should automatically be deemed "the best option" is nonsense. McCown played well for 5-6 games last season. Weighing against that is a decade of ineffective to mediocre performance. He has "proven" exactly nothing about who or what he is, and he certainly shouldn't be presumed to be the best option.That isn't to say Glennon is any better, but to suggest it as a given that McCown turned the corner on his career at age 33 based on 5-6 games of film is ridiculous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm happy with Glennon coming in after 2 years of McCown if he can play like he did in Chicago.

no kidding.  folks get their favorites and hold on too hard.  if mccown can play at a solid level it is a great opportunity to see if glennon can grow into a solid starter.  if not, chances are any 1st round pick will get thrown into the fire immediately no matter what.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The idea that a 10+ year journeyman with inconsistent career results should automatically be deemed "the best option" is nonsense. McCown played well for 5-6 games last season. Weighing against that is a decade of ineffective to mediocre performance. He has "proven" exactly nothing about who or what he is, and he certainly shouldn't be presumed to be the best option.That isn't to say Glennon is any better, but to suggest it as a given that McCown turned the corner on his career at age 33 based on 5-6 games of film is ridiculous.

McCown isn't presumed to be anything. He's demonstrating it on the field. While Glennon had a good showing at mini-camp, McCown was sensational. PewterReport.com reported how McCown looked like he was putting on a pro day workout for NFL scouts, as his passes were crisp, rhythmic and on-target with very few incompletions. And it wasn’t just one day. It was the same awesome performance in each of the three days of Tampa Bay’s mini-camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JFF was much better in his pro day than TB, I wouldn’t even guess he’ll be better in a game week 1. As Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as Glennon doesn't become Freeman 2.0! The Buc's have never developed a drafted QB into a pro bowler. Either way McCown is the best an option for us.

Fixed it for you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As of today, McCown is the best option.

Please wait…

Viewing 66 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.