Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

Bucs owner Malcolm Glazer passed away on Wednesday morning at the age of 85 the organization announced today. Glazer purchased the team in 1995 and oversaw a franchise turnaround that included seven playoff berths and a Super Bowl championship in 2002.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9834

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The purchase of the team by Malcolm Glazer was one of the best things that could have happened for the fans of Buccaneers football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does the ownership default to one of the Glazer sons?

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

RIP  Malcolm

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Mr. Glazer’s long established estate succession plan has assured the Buccaneers will remain with the Glazer family for generations to come. Linda Glazer, along with their five sons and daughter, will continue to own and operate the team as they have throughout the family’s ownership."http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Bucs-Owner-Malcolm-Glazer-Passes-Away/93db9a70-e779-4653-a4e5-4dc7991365c0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very sad. RIP.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

not neccessarily.  Most likely, his wife may be listed as the owner, but her sons will remain as the day to day executives as it is now.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I bet I know who’s name is going up on the ring of honor now, and rightfully so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I bet I know who's name is going up on the ring of honor now, and rightfully so.

agreed, he should be there

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

RIP Malcom. Thanks for your efforts

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

RIP Malcolm. Sad day in Buccaneer land today. He really turned this franchise around and seemed like a really genuine guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The franchise probably goes to his wife officially and legally. But the boys have been running the team since the mid-2000s. So you’re not going to notice any difference.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The turnover of the Bucs into a real NFL organization began with this man. RIP.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Without him we would be in Baltimore…Thank you Mr. Glazer. RIP from the bottom of my heart.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Without him we would be in Baltimore...Thank you Mr. Glazer. RIP from the bottom of my heart.

And I'd be a Falcons fan. Yeesh!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you Mr. Glazer. You’re a credit to Floridian sports. We Salute You.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I echo what Beatles said, R.I.P. Mr Glazer.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

He kept the team in Tampa and he helped orchestrate a Superbowl win with some of the moves he made .I say put him in the Ring of Honor next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If it wasn’t for Malcolm Glazer I might be rooting for the Miami Dolphins today….ugh….I think I threw up a little in my mouth. I'd like to thank Mr. Glazer for saving the TAMPA BAY Buccaneers, getting us that sparkling pirate ship on Dale Mabry (with the help of our local taxpayers) and hiring the right people to give me what I began to doubt I'd live to see....a Super Bowl Championship.Godspeed, Papa Glazer and my condolences to the family in this trying time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sad news for sure. Malcolm finally was the owner committed to winning we as Bucs fans wanted for so many years. He initiated the turnaround that brought a Super Bowl championship to Tampa and made me proud to be a Bucs fan again. Thank you Mr. Glazer for bringing respect back to the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Godspeed Mr. Glazer.  Thanks for the memories.If you want to get sick, you can read some of the comments in the attached article.  Some people have no class, and fewer brains.http://news.yahoo.com/billionaire-nfl-team-owner-glazer-died-85-201335633.html;_ylt=AwrBEiSMR4ZTW1sAUw_QtDMD

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Picture I took of flags flying at half staff at One Buc Place today.OneBucPlaceFlagsHalfStaffMalcolmGlazerDies052814.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs owner Malcolm Glazer passed away on Wednesday morning at the age of 85 the organization announced today. Glazer purchased the team in 1995 and oversaw a franchise turnaround that included seven playoff berths and a Super Bowl championship in 2002.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9834

I want to say ....Thank You Malcolm Glazer for bringing us the SuperBowl. You gave this community a reason to raise their head and be proud of the Team that represented us when everyone thought us as the laughing stock of the NFL. Second I want to thank you for buying us from the Culverhouse family and having a vision for us. I hope that the Son's keep up the vision and I do want to say ...RIP...OBD

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mr Glazer was so proud of this team and the fans. Who can forget how happy he was after that Super Bowl victory over the team that thought they got the better end of the Jon Gruden deal. When he bought the team he said the Bucs will always remain in Tampa as long as the Glazers had anything to say about it. He was a man of his word. RIP Mr Glazer. :(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I almost shed tears watching that NFLN piece on Papa Malcom. Good owner. Great man. Sad day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Best person out of that entire family. RIP mr glazer.

Please wait…

• Masterchief

Participant

Rest in peace.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Put him in the Ring !!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Put him in the Ring !!

It's prolly in his will that he be inducted into the ring upon his death. ;p

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Franchise really went in the tank after his strokes. Don’t think any of the nonsense would have happened if he was still running the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

RIP Malcolm and thanks for everything!Unfortunately I was never sold on his sons and I am not sure what the future brings, but this is not the moment to talk about.So once again, without this man our team would have been elsewhere and we would have  wedding rings only. Thanks Malcolm!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

RIP Mr. Glazer thank you for being the great person/owner you were! Love my bucs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, this man saved Tampa football. “The Baltimore Buccaneers”–BAH HUMBUG to that. He saved us from dying the worst death a team can have…a death without a championship. Without him, our highest point in our entire history would have dated back to 1979. The Bucs would have always and forever been known as a team that sucked every season of it’s natural life but that one year, and even IT was unsuccessful in bringing a championship to Tampa. If we lost our Buccaneers, we would technically have ended up worse off than the Cleveland Browns are today.Let that sink in for a moment. We would be even more painfully remembered than the OILERS! Who, at least, were consistently good for a few years.We take the team for granted around here so much...but really, stop and think what could have been and you should end up applauding Malcom Glazer.May no Bucs fan ever...EVER forget. Thank you Malcom.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 Beat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Franchise really went in the tank after his strokes. Don't think any of the nonsense would have happened if he was still running the team.

Have said this for a while as well...Malcolm's love was the Bucs....The sons were obsessed with Man U. When Malcolm went down and the sons took over for a while it appeared like all we were was a vehicle to finance the Man U team

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Franchise really went in the tank after his strokes. Don't think any of the nonsense would have happened if he was still running the team.

Have said this for a while as well...Malcolm's love was the Bucs....The sons were obsessed with Man U. When Malcolm went down and the sons took over for a while it appeared like all we were was a vehicle to finance the Man U team

Not true . The boys are passionate about the Bucs also . Simple fact is they had a lot of debt to pay down during that time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean debt that the Glazers accumulated on their own?

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

That would be the one .

Please wait…

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.