Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

What could go wrong?

Bucs defense needs to make their offense look weak…and the pass pro has to be there.

Has to be an outlet valve for Brady every down they are blitzing. Brady used to be able to shred blitzes. Now? Not so much. Is that a function of the Bucs offense? If so, it needs drastic, immediate updating.

Go Bucs. They can win this game. Offense has to be humming along though…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

The WFT very nearly lost to the Nate Sudfeld led Philadelphia Tankers, sorry, Eagles.

Bucs win big.

Statement.

FSR radio host Clay Travis, whom i have the upmost respect for, claims TB is not one of the 5 teams that could win a super bowl.

This team doesn’t need added motivation, but boy did that grind my gears.

Bring on anyone (sans NO) in round 2!

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I’ve said for 3 weeks we want SEATTLE not East. Since mid Nov they’ve won against an overrated West that fell apart late and the Jets. They lost to NYG , beat a depleted Eagles 23-17 n Wash 20-15. Both teams had Sea beat!
      The NFC East actually should have beat them in all 3. Sea is stumbling offensively and their pass D , especially upfront is NOTHING to worry about. NYG n WFT were much harder draws.

It’s about matchups and Sea was better matchup. Also DO NOT think they didn’t read all the “ East is an automatic win” , or the 4 DOES NOT count. You need a mobile QB to neutralize WFT- we don’t have one.
      Honestly I hated having to pick our poison last night. I edged to WFT. NYG played us to final play and KNEW they could beat us.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Rams beat Sea and we struggle. Obviously hope it’s a respectable win but something about dissing the 4 as an automatic was misleading.
      Take away early struggles of NFC East n what do you have ? There was no Smith initially w WFT and NYG losing very close games to good teams. Got out to 1-4,2-5 type starts.

• Boid Fink

Participant

This will be by far the worst weather game as well.

Prime time? Bucs were awful.
      Great pass rush? Bucs struggle mightily. Especially with the blitz.

This is going to be a war.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

It’s not a good idea to overhaul what you do in the playoffs. We’ve been on a tear recently, albeit against bad teams. We just need to do what we’ve been doing.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

I’ve said for 3 weeks we want SEATTLE not East. Since mid Nov they’ve won against an overrated West that fell apart late and the Jets. They lost to NYG , beat a depleted Eagles 23-17 n Wash 20-15. Both teams had Sea beat!
      The NFC East actually should have beat them in all 3. Sea is stumbling offensively and their pass D , especially upfront is NOTHING to worry about. NYG n WFT were much harder draws.

It’s about matchups and Sea was better matchup. Also DO NOT think they didn’t read all the “ East is an automatic win” , or the 4 DOES NOT count. You need a mobile QB to neutralize WFT- we don’t have one.
      Honestly I hated having to pick our poison last night. I edged to WFT. NYG played us to final play and KNEW they could beat us.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Rams beat Sea and we struggle. Obviously hope it’s a respectable win but something about dissing the 4 as an automatic was misleading.
      Take away early struggles of NFC East n what do you have ? There was no Smith initially w WFT and NYG losing very close games to good teams. Got out to 1-4,2-5 type starts.

I don’t see it this way but let’s take it a step further and say we get past the wild card I rather face GB and not NO in the divisional rounds… so I’m fine with playing any of the NFC least teams and hoping that maybe the Taints stumble this week and lay an egg… not afraid of them but being smart I’d rather stay away from them for as long as we can…

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think we can win this game. Give Brady some time and we will win. It will probably be a close game for most of it but we should be able to pull away in this game. Too many offensive weapons and our pass rush should be able to cause some havoc on their offense. D will still get beat often but they will show up when we need them too. Seems to be their story.

• garfield

Participant

Washington is a bad team, they’re a blatant tank job by the Eagles from being 6-10 and out of the playoffs all together. Might be a close game, might not, but the Bucs are clearly the superior team in this game by a significant margin.

• seekpar

Participant

I’m not worried about the Bucs defense if they scheme properly vs this weak WFT offense. The Bucs offense will struggle some, but they should easily outscore the WFT as long as the defense does its job.

• Mic

Participant

Mitigate the rush, short passes, play action make those dlinemen think so they don’t pin their ears back. We go up 7-0 we taking over

• Boid Fink

Participant

Riverboat Ron still Riverboatin’. 11-19 going for it in fourth down.

Alex Smith is most definitely a dink and dunk QB. Bowles response will be to play a soft zone and contain everything in front. Try to generate a pass rush with his linebackers. He won’t jam them at the LOS. That’s how those dinky passes turn into big gains…missed tackles. Bucs can be a poor tackling group in the secondary. Smith is 4-1 as a starter, and has a rag doll arm and cannot throw it deep. If he gets pressured, he absolutely becomes confused and makes terrible decisions that get compounded because he has a noodle arm.

Their defensive line is very very good. Sweat is a pressure inducing machine. Led them with 10 takedowns, and I believe he led them in pressures as well. He’s been doing a lot of work. And then the other edge has the Beast. Chase Young is ridiculous. If you don’t know who he is, get off this message board ya clown. Those two are going to be a major problem. I think Wirfs will do alright. Knock wood. But Smith is about to get demolished, no ifs, ands, or but.

Their runners are a platoon group. They don’t fumble that much. Antonio Gibson is very good, but his receiving will be the major factor in this game. Bucs need to be aware that Smith is a noodle armed WB and he will throw to Antonio all game long. Bucs have problems with these types of plays I noticed. Swing passes to RBs confuse the linebackers for some reason. Barber is Barber. He may run with a chip, but he will be running into a meat grinder so I’m not to worried about him and his style of running. Ya never know though.

Now, the good is the offense is vastly improved. With that, those corners they have are in for a helluva day. If 12 gets his 3 seconds, he will make them pay which is what they will need to happen as often as possible. WFT has the overall 5th ranked defense. But they have the 27th ranked offense.

This will be a tough game for the Bucs because of pressure they will put on Brady. He’s going to have a tough tough day.

• dalbuc

Participant

I think their defense is overrated because they have played 6 games vs the terrible QBs of the NFCE and also got to sprinkle in SF, early year CLE , part of a game vs Burrow and generally not a lot of good QBs. I know their DL is good, I’m not sure their coverage is and with Brady’s decision making I think he can mitigate that pass rush.

Their offense is pure on dreadful. Alex Smith is a QB I can’t stand to watch despite his impressive personal story. They went 5-1 while he threw 6 TDs and averaged his usual sub 10 ypc. He also tossed 8 INTs so he wasn’t super careful with the ball either.

• Runole

Participant

Their offense is pure on dreadful. Alex Smith is a QB I can’t stand to watch despite his impressive personal story. They went 5-1 while he threw 6 TDs and averaged his usual sub 10 ypc. He also tossed 8 INTs so he wasn’t super careful with the ball either.
      agree Smith feel good story won’t prevent the Bucs exploiting his weaknesses.

• RW

Participant

What could go wrong?

Bucs defense needs to make their offense look weak…and the pass pro has to be there.

Has to be an outlet valve for Brady every down they are blitzing. Brady used to be able to shred blitzes. Now? Not so much. Is that a function of the Bucs offense? If so, it needs drastic, immediate updating.

Brady used to shred defenses by having a back who could: 1) run good routes, 2)catch, and 3) make some people miss. That’s the big issue.

• RW

Participant

This will be by far the worst weather game as well.

Prime time? Bucs were awful.
      Great pass rush? Bucs struggle mightily. Especially with the blitz.

This is going to be a war.

Weather will be about 38-40 degrees with no rain. That’s fine for Brady.
      And i don’t think the Bucs O will struggle as much as you think. Watch for RoJo and AB to have big games.

• SunnyD

Participant

Bucs offense will struggle but I just can’t see their offense keeping the pressure on.

Alex Smith is still hurt and looked real bad last week. In his conversation with the media either today or yesterday Rivera talked about maybe having Smith rotate with Taylor Heinicke. They are going to turn the ball over.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think its close early on and going into the second half maybe even 4th quarter but I think we eventually pull away. Our d seems to get better as the game goes on and seems to do better late in games getting pressure on the qb. As well as our offense seems to get better as the game goes on.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

What could go wrong?

Brady used to shred defenses by having a back who could: 1) run good routes, 2)catch, and 3) make some people miss. That’s the big issue.

I agree here, those shifty little RBs Brady’s used to having in NE aren’t here unless Vaughn is in that mix… but I think the last few games Fournette has been coming along with catching, blocking and making people miss after catching dinks (slow but effective)… again I’m a firm believer that you stick with what got you here and that’s run Rojo and have fournette as the 3rd down back…I noticed Rojo came off the bench last game and I’m hoping that was to give Fournette more work and get him ready for the playoffs…

• Buc on the Move

Participant

I noticed Rojo came off the bench last game and I’m hoping that was to give Fournette more work and get him ready for the playoffs…

I’ve also got to think it had something to do with not overusing Rojo.

All said, though, our RB usage has been fairly unpredictable/nonsensical since Arians got here. I have stopped trying to figure it out.

Like most others, I agree we need to keep Rojo in, and use Fournette as 3rd down and closer. I also think a fairly run heavy game plan might not be the worst thing in this game.

Ultimately Arians gonna Arians, and if it gets the win, that’s all that matters.

• JC5100

Participant

The WFT very nearly lost to the Nate Sudfeld led Philadelphia Tankers, sorry, Eagles.

Bucs win big.

Statement.

FSR radio host Clay Travis, whom i have the upmost respect for, claims TB is not one of the 5 teams that could win a super bowl.

This team doesn’t need added motivation, but boy did that grind my gears.

Bring on anyone (sans NO) in round 2!

I think it’s just 4 teams with a chance

Chiefs (35%), Bills (30%), Packers (25%), Saints (10%)

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

I wouldn’t call WFT a great defense. Very good yes. They are ranked slightly above Tampa. I would not call Tampa a great defense either. Their great defense of line does not have a double digit sacker and neither does our line.

The WFT defensive line and safety are the only real bright spots on that team. The defensive line is very good but not great.

I have concerns because Tampa seems to have difficulty playing well in any game after 4:00 and WFT stealing this one.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Usually Tampa im worried more about cold weather games.

Not with Brady. He’s been there, done that.

Hope we head to GB next week! Anywhere but NO.

Rodgers vs Brady would br a classic.

• kenntak

Participant

My concern for Tampa going beyond Saturday is the defense. They often make it way too easy for good teams in the first half. While they are decent at preventing scoring, they give up too many yards. That does not bode well in the playoffs.

• Boid Fink

Participant

But the other players have not. That might be an issue. Hopefully the game givers near the 40 degree mark, but I don’t know.

Washington has the 5th overall defense. They are very good.

Usually Tampa im worried more about cold weather games.

Not with Brady. He’s been there, done that.

Hope we head to GB next week! Anywhere but NO.

Rodgers vs Brady would br a classic.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

My concern for Tampa going beyond Saturday is the defense. They often make it way too easy for good teams in the first half. While they are decent at preventing scoring, they give up too many yards. That does not bode well in the playoffs.

If Alex Smith was healthy this would be a legitimate concern.

He can barely move.

I dont see WFT being able to score more then 17.

Qbs will be rotated likely. Always a recipe for disaster 99 times out of 100.

• kenntak

Participant

I agree @debucsown but I was referring to teams other than Washington, should the Bucs get by WFT.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Smith is 5-1 as a starter. So that says a ton.

He can barely move.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Smith is 5-1 as a starter. So that says a ton.

He can barely move.

He sure is.

He was also able to move around when he was healthy.

He is no longer healthy, unfortunately for WFT.

Again, WFT shouldn’t even be in the playoffs if not for the eagles pathetic tank job.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I’ll guarantee one thing fir certain: this game will not be a blowout, it will be a hard fought game that most likely comes down to one last drive.

This will be a hard game for both teams. If the Bucs defense comes out on fire, then they should win it because their offense is better than Washington’s, with all things being equal.

Also, they will play their guts out for Ron Rivera.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant