Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

Realistically, I see RoJo and Sneak Vaughn as the only guys returning. Shady is done. Fournette will price himself off the team.

So they draft a running back.

And do they replace Shady McCoys role with the team with Adrian Peterson? He really has been pimping himself out to the team.

Who will be the replacement RB? James White may be too pricey as well. I’m thinking draft and a cheap veteran again.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Aaron Jones according to some doofus on CBS sports lmao. If only.

I like the kid outta clemson myself. Travis Ettine(sp). The bama kid Harris as well. Both should be there at @32 but I’d prefer edge or idl depending whos available.

James White I could see signing for 1 year/$2 mil to try to win another ring.

Adrian Peterson has mentioned tampa. No thanks.

• buccnation

Participant

Sign a cheap vet and keep it moving. If they decide to draft somebody then hopefully not before the 5th round. RoJo should be the lead back and a sneaky good back next year.

We have several higher priorities than rb.

• theknees

Participant

No need to draft a running back at all. I like the idea of White. Rojo has earned his way on this team. In terms of importance to our team, RB is probably last right now.

• Boid Fink

Participant

This issue with RBs isn’t the least of the teams issues.

They have RoJo who can’t block and has hands like Michael Clayton with blindfolds on, and Sneak Vaughn who showed very little for being a third round back.

So they have two runners. They need two more. My suggesting of adding AD is to supplant the role that McCoy had, which was the veteran and emergency sub if necessary. It isn’t because AD is a great back.

As for replacing Fournette who is most likely going to price himself off the team, should be White or a kid they draft fairly early, but not with round 1. Don’t care that it is basically a second d rounder, just don’t do it. Draft a lineman, if some sort with that pick.

So the depth and experience in that room is going to be thin until further notice. Brady doesn’t like dummies playing running back. They can screw a lot of stuff up in an offense.

• Welsh Buc

Participant

Draft round 1 if we haven’t been able to get a veteran on the cheap. Ideally get James White and then draft Gainwell day 2/3

• buc-in-out

Participant

Now that Aaron Jones has been re-signed, I wonder what it would cost to bring in Jamaal Williams. He’s a great receiver and runs with power as well.

• kegan

Participant

I don’t want Peterson…too old. I want a back the Bucs can keep for 2 years. Hopefully, we will draft another back and maybe Vaughn can develop. Peterson is Shady 2.0

• Boid Fink

Participant

That is the point. A grizzled vet can help lead a very young RB room. He is ring chasing.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Bring back Fournette. Bring in James White plus Duke Johnson or Marlon Mack. Jettison Rojo who is one dimensional and not exactly mind blowing at that one dimension. Vaughn gets another shot to learn and develop.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Fournette is not coming back. Bucs need to bring back Gronk, Suh, and most importantly Shaq.

Fournette is not going to play for vet min. He will go to the highest bidder.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Fournette projected $8ish mil a year.

Half that? Id be interested.

Not holding my breath, unfortunately.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think Ke’Vaughn had a bad year. It was certainly better than Rojo’s rookie season.

I saw potential.

Would love to see the Bucs bring in 2-3 FA vets to compete.

They’ll probably draft one but hopefully not unless someone on their board falls to them/ BPA.
      Hopefully in the mid-end of the draft but it would be hard not to take one of the top 3 with their 1st pick unless a top pick in the trenches is there.

• creamsicles

Participant

It seemed to me like Vaughn had a fumble problem and Jones is a liability in the pass game. I hope they succeed, but there is risk in both. I hope for a vet pass catcher and a 3rd or 4th rounder. Let the cream rise.

• buccnation

Participant

Give me Jamaal Williams, James White, ot Marlon Mack over bringing Fournette back. I think they’ll be cheaper and better for what we need.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.