Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 63 reply threads

• Author

• JC5100

Participant

This guy gets whipped every game and is carrying a $7M cap number. He flat out sucks at this point. When Dotson gets back put him at LT, Smith at LG.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This guy gets whipped every game and is carrying a $7M cap number. He flat out sucks at this point. When Dotson gets back put him at LT, Smith at LG.

Not this season. Next season he is gonzo. Jameis getting hurt is on himself. Tripping over his own damn feet like a klutz...it's a Bucs life!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why wouldn’t you want him here to help mentor Marpet for a year? He’s been one of the best guards over the past ten years. There’s no reason to take the cap hit for him this year when you can release him next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OLINE has looked good tonight for the most part. Mankins wiffed on a top 3 defensive tackle. Chill.Marpet's looked like an all pro tonight at times.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was thinking this was a bumped thread… its not so Lololololololol GTFOH

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OLINE has looked good tonight for the most part. Mankins wiffed on a top 3 defensive tackle. Chill.Marpet's looked like an all pro tonight at times.

OL sucked tonight. Martin and Winston did well in spite of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Josh Freeman sucks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Josh Freeman sucks

JJ Watt is the GOAT DE

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

Not this season. Next season he is gonzo. Jameis getting hurt is on himself. Tripping over his own damn feet like a klutz...it's a Bucs life!!

Your idiocy knows no bounds...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Deer in headlights. And Mankins graded out well last season, but he is about done for. I think Dotson has the skill set to play a good left tackle. Maybe the coaches have tried that out already and it didn't work out, who knows...And kicking Smith into the LG spot seems like a natural fit. He is dirt slow though, so forget about pulling him...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uh what? Dumb thread

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Relax though guys. This is same poster who thinks McCoy is awful and he is holding us back from being a good team.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I think Mankins actually tripped him accidentally.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Relax though guys. This is same poster who thinks McCoy is awful and he is holding us back from being a good team.

Uhhh…the entire O-line is brutal. Glennon gets murdered as I type. (Carter-sack)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re only posting this because of his false start Penalty. He was not the worst on the O-line tonight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're only posting this because of his false start Penalty. He was not the worst on the O-line tonight.

Kadeem was garbage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok. But he definitely developed deer in headlights towards the end. The full house on 3 and him subsequently completing a pass to the field…I saw that coming. He started to look edgy. I would, too!  The O-line stinks!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Josh Freeman sucks

JJ Watt is the GOAT DE

I love how you act like Watt was your diamond in the rough.  He was a top draft prospect many people liked. I'm a genius too. I knew Luck was going to be good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evan Smith is the only guy I am going to give a mulligan in this game.  The rest have had up/down play on the o-line.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Besides the Blocking and the 300 Penalty’s the O-Line has looked good tonight .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Besides the Blocking and the 300 Penalty's the O-Line has looked good tonight .

You have people screaming that the o-line has played great and others screaming that they have played poor.  Reality is that they have looked average.  Average would be an improvement from last year, but the problem is the penalties are killers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uh what? Dumb thread

This. On steroids!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC thinks we should just play 7 on 7.  He hates every lineman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're only posting this because of his false start Penalty. He was not the worst on the O-line tonight.

Kadeem was garbage.

Yeah as a project I think he is done. Masifillo is outplaying him and he switched from defense to offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC what do you have against good players? We should release the good ones, do some cap gymnastics and trade the great ones, keep the trash offseason warriors who let guys take their jobs every year, and send the needy QBs to rehab. How exactly do you plan on getting 53 players out of that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I come out of the gameday thread to find absolute comedy gold. JC always delivers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evan Smith is the only guy I am going to give a mulligan in this game.  The rest have had up/down play on the o-line.

This whole thread is full of garbage, but the above post takes the cake.  The starting OL played pretty damn well last night.Please tell me how you think that Evan Smith played last night.  I'd love to hear it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see JC is still being JC.  Only thinking one step at a time.  Who you going to plug in at LG if you cut Mankins?  If your answer is anyone on our current roster you need to stop smoking crack.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC what do you have against good players? We should release the good ones, do some cap gymnastics and trade the great ones, keep the trash offseason warriors who let guys take their jobs every year, and send the needy QBs to rehab. How exactly do you plan on getting 53 players out of that?

He's not good anymore. New England was going to release him if we didn't come in and offer them a 4th round pick like idiots.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All it takes is adjustments in spacing and timing...he tripped over the center's feet and kept brushing his RB's during handoffs and play action...which game were you watching?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's not good anymore. New England was going to release him if we didn't come in and offer them a 4th round pick like idiots.

Ok...yet again...who plays if we cut him?  He isnt what he once was, but he is better than our alternate options right now. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He also think thats DL and OL positions are overrated...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok...yet again...who plays if we cut him?  He isnt what he once was, but he is better than our alternate options right now.

Dude...Do NOT try to reason with JC...it is an exercise is futility. He thinks this is Madden or fantasy football where you just plug and play anybody you want.Truth is...Mankins is past his prime and he is probably playing about as well as a 4th RD pick...ya know the one we gave up for him. He is certainly not the future, but he will do for this year and hopefully he will pass a ton of his knowledge onto the young OL. One final note...the Bengals have some pretty damn guys on their interior DL and I can certainly live the effort I saw last night...miles ahead of what we witnessed last year!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC the obvious troll

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It does kinda feel like we are paying about 3 mil for a washed up guard who physically does not compete on anywhere near the level he did while earning his stellar reputation.  The other 4 mil seems to be a coaching/leadership stipend.  I would sure rather give Mathis all if Logan’s $ if on field results are the biggest factor.  *Is it about keeping Jameis healthy or are we more concerned with developing our young linemen?*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It does kinda feel like we are paying about 3 mil for a washed up guard who physically does not compete on anywhere near the level he did while earning his stellar reputation.  The other 4 mil seems to be a coaching/leadership stipend.  I would sure rather give Mathis all if Logan's $ if on field results are the biggest factor.

Id rather have both, still be under the cap, and call it a day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone on or coming up to a second contract is automatically on JC’s hit list.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Besides the Blocking and the 300 Penalty's the O-Line has looked good tonight .

You have people screaming that the o-line has played great and others screaming that they have played poor.  Reality is that they have looked average.  Average would be an improvement from last year, but the problem is the penalties are killers.

You have people screaming that the o-line has played great --- Dudes with 2 Accounts....Others screaming that they have played poor. --- Dudes with 5 or more Accounts....A win is a Win even during the PS!!! Team looked much better minus the penalties! I'm glad Koetter is here and the offense was on point. Even Seth Lobotomy had a good night!!!!GO BUCS!!!!!~

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith when Dotson comes back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He also think thats DL and OL positions are overrated...

Just interior. I value OT and DEAnd McCoy isn't awful, just insanely overdrafted and overpayed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith when Dotson comes back.

Good plan... lets try that next year.

Please wait…

• jgrable1

Participant

Ok. But he definitely developed deer in headlights towards the end. The full house on 3 and him subsequently completing a pass to the field...I saw that coming. He started to look edgy. I would, too!  The O-line stinks!!

Winston played in a ton of pressure-filled games in his career at FSU.  So he's going to look "edgy" and a "deer in the headlights" during a preseason game.Sure his is.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

serious question....what benefit would we gain by releasing him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It saves glazer money.They need it for the new scoreboard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Josh Freeman sucks

this made me laugh...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another gem for the JC collection.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

$6.8M cap room. Good teams don't blow money on bad players just because they have it. Look no further than the Pats dumping him last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I certainly agree that it wouldn’t make sense to spend cap space just because a team can, I’m uncertain what the cap space that Mankins represents would buy us in practical terms.  I mean, besides Kadeem Edwards introducing Winston to a new meaning of the word pain.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You could use that money to sign Evan Mathis as a like for like replacement if you feel that increases the talent on your roster.I find it interesting how some people put totally different expectations on different players.  Logan Mankins was a key member of one of the best (if not #1) franchises in football.  His play fell well below his contract.  He was given opportunity to renegotiate and stay with a great franchise.  He decided the money was more important and was moved to one of the worst franchises in the league so he could keep getting paid well above the level of his current play.  He comes here and his play further deteriorates.  Yet we still have fans that strongly defend him and talk down on guys who have never been paid looking for their first big check.  Logan puts the end of his big contract above winning and he is still a great guy who we really want in our locker room even if his play is average-below average?  I do not get the loyalty to Logan Mankins that I consistently see from a Buccaneers fan site.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You could use that money to sign Evan Mathis as a like for like replacement if you feel that increases the talent on your roster.I find it interesting how some people put totally different expectations on different players.  Logan Mankins was a key member of one of the best (if not #1) franchises in football.  His play fell well below his contract.  He was given opportunity to renegotiate and stay with a great franchise.  He decided the money was more important and was moved to one of the worst franchises in the league so he could keep getting paid well above the level of his current play.  He comes here and his play further deteriorates.  Yet we still have fans that strongly defend him and talk down on guys who have never been paid looking for their first big check.  Logan puts the end of his big contract above winning and he is still a great guy who we really want in our locker room even if his play is average-below average?  I do not get the loyalty to Logan Mankins that I consistently see from a Buccaneers fan site.

It's simple... his experience is vital for a young OLine and QB. Plus what other options do we have? Evan Mathis is a donk now and it took him 2 months to get a contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mean, had the team decided to (and managed to) swap Mankins out for Mathis months ago, I don’t think I’d have had much of an objection to it.  But even if Mathis were still on the market, doing so *now* would seem like danged odd timing.In general, I feel like most people here will freely admit that Mankins has been a disappointment who will need replacement in relatively short order.  But cutting him now would just seem like cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of you people act like teams gather at the 50 and duel with swords and shields made out of contracts and cap room.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

“Bucs should admit mistake and release Mankins”OP should consider a moratorium on thread posting

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

$6.8M cap room. Good teams don't blow money on bad players just because they have it. Look no further than the Pats dumping him last year.

The Pats didn't have the cap room last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I certainly agree that it wouldn't make sense to spend cap space just because a team can, I'm uncertain what the cap space that Mankins represents would buy us in practical terms.  I mean, besides Kadeem Edwards introducing Winston to a new meaning of the word pain.

Nothing to buy in 2016. This a move with an eye on 2-3 years down the road. And because we can't get rid of EDS (his 2015 salary became guaranteed on Mar 12, ridiculous they didn't cut him), I don't think Mankins is part of our best potential OL. I believe it's Dotson, Smith, EDS, Marpet, Cherilus and we save 6.8M in process.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I certainly agree that it wouldn't make sense to spend cap space just because a team can, I'm uncertain what the cap space that Mankins represents would buy us in practical terms.  I mean, besides Kadeem Edwards introducing Winston to a new meaning of the word pain.

Nothing to buy in 2016. This a move with an eye on 2-3 years down the road. And because we can't get rid of EDS (his 2015 salary became guaranteed on Mar 12, ridiculous they didn't cut him), I don't think Mankins is part of our best potential OL. I believe it's Dotson, Smith, EDS, Marpet, Cherilus and we save 6.8M in process.

You want us to save money now so you can bltch about who we give money to 2-3 years from now? Do you know how many things that could do right or wrong in between that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of you people act like teams gather at the 50 and duel with swords and shields made out of contracts and cap room.

LOL thisIf anyting the Red Board should admit its mistake and release JC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL thisIf anyting the Red Board should admit its mistake and release JC.

I'm all for it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You want us to save money now so you can bltch about who we give money to 2-3 years from now? Do you know how many things that could do right or wrong in between that?

I was gonna say the same thing.Mankins may not be who he was but releasing him now does literally nothing for us. We don't need 6.8 million in cap room right now. If anything, he benefits us by giving the rest of the OL an experienced leader and winner.We'll worry about cap numbers in the offseason, when it matters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's simple... his experience is vital for a young OLine and QB. Plus what other options do we have? Evan Mathis is a donk now and it took him 2 months to get a contract.

I thought it was interesting, the Broncs odds of winning it all, went up with the Mathis signing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought it was interesting, the Broncs odds of winning it all, went up with the Mathis signing.

Not assuming that the Broncos and the Bucs are on the same level or anything, but I learned last year that when you bring a starting OL this late into camp, its more likely a sign of bad things to come than a reason to feel optimistic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

12 mil cap space or 19 mil, what's the difference this year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not assuming that the Broncos and the Bucs are on the same level or anything, but I learned last year that when you bring a starting OL this late into camp, its more likely a sign of bad things to come than a reason to feel optimistic.

I hear ya man, but apparently Vegas thinks differently.

Please wait…

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.