Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

Go draft Creed Humphrey! Suitable grooming prospect to replace some linemen or possibly earn a starting gig. He’s a monster.

The real deal. And linemen are invaluable. What day you?

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

If Shaq gets re-signed, I would definitely consider him. But D-Line is still a bit more pressing.

• SaskBucs

Participant

If Shaq is resigned I would definitely be fine with it. I agree with BuccaNOLEer.

• Detrimental

Participant

He’s a stud. Would trade back to get more picks and snag him in the second round. Rich OL class would love to get a quality body as a 6 man.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I’d take him with the first pick if he is still available. He is a brute and tall, and does everything with good leverage.

Giving a QB time to throw is vital, and adding a bodyguard like that? It’s a no brainer. Guys get hurt, add to the trenches. And kee the tradition alive. I agree about the d-line, you guys know me. All about defensive linemen. Even back to the Gaines Adam’s days. I get he didn’t pan out (rip), but he was a big swing and a miss. Gotta keep loading up the talent up front. Keeping pressure off and applying the pressure is the way to win games consistently.

At that position in the draft, Creed is the no brainer for me.

• Biggs3535

Participant

I like him quite a bit. He’s one of a handful of prospects I’d be fine with taking at 32.

But it all depends on the board.

• JC5100

Participant

He’s been rumored to the Chiefs pretty heavy. Him or Wyatt Davis at 32 would be a steal though.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I think we need to go best player available on the Oline or Dline, and this guy looks like a mauler.. would be a good scheme fit with what BA likes to do, power running game.

• Boid Fink

Participant

This needs to happen. Creed FTW!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Much bigger needs then any OL @ 32.

Idl, edge, RB among them.

Center especially. Jensen is top 5 if not top 10 at his position.

And will be in tampa for the foreseeable future.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Foreseeable future based on what?

Linemen depth is critical, and he may be able to ha for the job outright if someone gets hurt. Players get hurt. The protection must stay stable or guys like Brady get mauled to death.

RB is a second round venture.

Oline and Dline is always a good pick early in the draft. Always.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Agreed, depth is critical.

Luckily we have it among the OL. Maybe not at C, due to shipleys career ender.

Drafting someone @32 who may not play at all in 2021 would be idiotic & borderline insanity. A la GB with Jordan love.

Did he help them in the NFCCG vs us? Sure didn’t.

I’m all for building for the future. We need to think more short term first & foremost.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You are assuming the line stays healthy all 17 games. That most likely won’t happen.

Bucs were lucky with the injury but last year. Hopefully it stays that way.

Creed isn’t just a guy, he Oreos the team for 2022 and helps keep salaries manageable and talent level high.

If he is there, they need to draft him.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Nah, im assuming Ryan Jensen stays healthy in 2021.

Far from a guarantee, sure.

Id guess better then 50% chance he does, tho.

Idl, edge, rb. All would likely have an impact from day 1. Every game. Not IF an injury occurs. Regardless.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

At 32nd, I had my eyes on either Miami edges and a couple of DT’s like Barrimore. It’s difficult to gauge where they might go. Some mocks have them all gone by 30th. Some mocks have one of the Miami guys in the middle of the 2nd round, which I find very wrong.

With Creed, I think I liked the idea of trading down to pick up more picks and selecting him. That is until I read about his pro day: link

“Like, people don’t understand how explosive he is,” said offensive tackle Adrian Ealy, who also worked out for 31 NFL teams and 59 total team personnel on Friday. “The numbers that he put up today, it’s really unbelievable — not just for offensive linemen, but for his position.”

“He’s a great athlete. He really is,” Riley said. “You see a center vertical jump 33 inches, run and move the way he has, it’s kind of hard to believe he’s a center, honestly, watching him.”

Creed’s stock might be rising fast! If he’s that athletic and powerful, it’s possible he can play RG if you didn’t want him to play center. Creed can immediately help with the run game at C or RG.

Bucs Rushing yards average

2018: 95.2 ypg (29th)
        2019: 95.1 ypg (24th)
        2020: 94.9 ypg (28th)

I was thinking of addressing the interior OLine in the 2nd round, but getting a top Oline vs 7/8th rated Dline has me questioning things. We won in the playoffs due to our pass rush. We likely won’t find talent like Barrett so low in the draft, though.

Gotta re-sign Barrett and then plan to move on from Jensen’s $10 mil.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He’s a beast. Just strong and technically developed.

He is a plug and play center, takes his job seriously, road grader…pass blocking technician.

If he is there, it’s a no brainer. His demeanor paired with Brady is a force multiplier.

I think if drafted, someone very well may lose a job in the line (or at least in the very near future). He may be the BAP if he is still around when the Bucs select…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Creed should be a stud in this league. Would be a nice addition.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.