Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Mike Glennon – QB – BuccaneersPewter Report’s Mark Cook believes there’s a fifty-percent chance Mike Glennon is traded before the draft.Source: Pewter ReportFrom Rotoworld.comThe Bucs aren’t shopping Glennon, but he’s available for a Day 2 pick. There hasn’t been much league interest in him to this point. The Jets, Rams, and Denver all need quarterbacks, but none have been linked to Glennon. Tampa should get at least a compensatory fourth-rounder if Glennon isn’t traded.Source:  Apr 8 - 8:11 PM

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is impossible to predict at this point

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is impossible to predict at this point

I am hoping we get a nice comp pick, and trade it to move up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can’t trade comp picks. And it will depend on what free agents we sign.Had we hyped him up all summer and started him the first few games and he played well... we would have gotten a 2nd or late 1 by now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can't trade comp picks. And it will depend on what free agents we sign.

Starting this draft coming up, you can trade comp pics.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting, didn’t know that

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting, didn't know that

Ya, its a new thing. Could make for some interesting trades.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Go DE and DT first 2 rounds. Get your third for Glennon. Nab a CB and then either a WR or OT in the third…

• mdclarie

Participant

a 4th round pick in 2018 is the equivalent to a 2016 6th round pick. General consensus is that future picks are a round less valuable. So someone might trade a 2017th 2nd round pick for a 2016 3rd round pick, this happens quite often though it’s not a great idea to do. But the theory stands that a future pick is far less valuable than a current year pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Niners, Patriots, and Cowboys all have 4 comp picks. So if they package those in a trade, they could move all over the draft board.

• Anonymous

Inactive

a 4th round pick in 2018 is the equivalent to a 2016 6th round pick. General consensus is that future picks are a round less valuable. So someone might trade a 2017th 2nd round pick for a 2016 3rd round pick, this happens quite often though it's not a great idea to do. But the theory stands that a future pick is far less valuable than a current year pick.

It’s a dumb theory. Not saying you’re wrong but it’s dumb.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There hasn’t been much league interest in him to this point. The Jets, Rams, and Denver all need quarterbacks, but none have been linked to Glennon. Tampa should get at least a compensatory fourth-rounder if Glennon isn’t traded.Source:  Apr 8 - 8:11 PM

So there's no interest in him but the machinations required to get that 4th round compensatory pick are going to occur. OK.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There hasn’t been much league interest in him to this point. The Jets, Rams, and Denver all need quarterbacks, but none have been linked to Glennon. Tampa should get at least a compensatory fourth-rounder if Glennon isn’t traded.Source:  Apr 8 - 8:11 PM

So there's no interest in him but the machinations required to get that 4th round compensatory pick are going to occur. OK.

A lot would have to happen. Like we sign next to zero free agents. And Mike goes somewhere and turns into the next Tom Brady, playing 16 games, and putting up huge numbers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

a 4th round pick in 2018 is the equivalent to a 2016 6th round pick. General consensus is that future picks are a round less valuable. So someone might trade a 2017th 2nd round pick for a 2016 3rd round pick, this happens quite often though it's not a great idea to do. But the theory stands that a future pick is far less valuable than a current year pick.

It's a dumb theory. Not saying you're wrong but it's dumb.

Actually no, it's not dumb. This is a win now league where patience from owners and fans doesn't exist. Koetter and Licht might not make it to 2018. I'd rather have $100k today than $200k two years from now. Why? Because if I invest it wisely I can make that $200k in less than 2 years. Time can be more valuable than money.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually no, it's not dumb. This is a win now league where patience from owners and fans doesn't exist. Koetter and Licht might not make it to 2018. I'd rather have $100k today than $200k two years from now. Why? Because if I invest it wisely I can make that $200k in less than 2 years. Time can be more valuable than money.

On a related note, Marvin Lewis just got a 1 year extension. After making the playoffs every frekin year. The trouble is, he is one and done every year. So they are sending the message he needs to do something in the playoffs, and soon.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The compensatory pick thing is stupid, the Bucs will not get a 4th from Glennon for it. Even if he walked on a huge deal, the Bucs are unlikely to sit and do nothing in FA so the pick we’d get would be later.

• Anonymous

Inactive

On a related note, Marvin Lewis just got a 1 year extension. After making the playoffs every frekin year. The trouble is, he is one and done every year. So they are sending the message he needs to do something in the playoffs, and soon.

Lewis hit the ceiling a few seasons ago just like Dungy did here. At least we knew when enough was enough and cut Dungy loose.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lewis hit the ceiling a few seasons ago just like Dungy did here. At least we knew when enough was enough and cut Dungy loose.

Good coach, but just cant get them to the promised land. That franchise was such a trainwreck for the longest time though. Do you send your HC out the door, when he is getting you to the playoffs every season?Marvin and Hue Jackson talked, and decided that Marv would coach another 2 years and Hue would take over as HC after that. They took that plan to Mike Brown, and he said no thanks. Then Hue headed for the Browns.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting, didn't know that

Ya, its a new thing. Could make for some interesting trades.

Here's a link to an article that talks about that: http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2016/4/7/11384438/nfl-will-allow-the-trading-of-future-compensatory-picksQuote: "So in essence, a team can trade a 4th round compensatory pick, and if for whatever reason they are not awarded one, it would revert down to the teams original 5th rounder. However, it will be interesting to see how the league plans on keeping this straight. Can a team trade their 2017 4th round compensatory pick if they have no 2017 5th round pick? What would be the protocol for a situation like that."

• Anonymous

Inactive

Had we hyped him up all summer and started him the first few games and he played well... we would have gotten a 2nd or late 1 by now.

You mean when Winston was supposed to be getting killed?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think it’s teams not interested in Glennon, I think their just asking for too much. IMO

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think it's teams not interested in Glennon, I think their just asking for too much. IMO

Coupled with a one year contract. If you get him without renegotiating first, you're betting on using the 6-8 weeks after the season to get s long term deal done.

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot would have to happen. Like we sign next to zero free agents. And Mike goes somewhere and turns into the next Tom Brady, playing 16 games, and putting up huge numbers.

I think you'll see a sharp dropoff if the number of FAs the Bucs sign going forward.  We know all along, coming from NE and Arizona, that Licht doesn't like to do much in FA.  And it doesn't have to be zero free agents, just has to be low ball deals (which again, I expect going forward).And he doesn't need to turn into the next Tom Brady.  He just needs to put up a very good preseason and sign for an Osweiler contract (who is he better than).

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you'll see a sharp dropoff if the number of FAs the Bucs sign going forward.  We know all along, coming from NE and Arizona, that Licht doesn't like to do much in FA.  And it doesn't have to be zero free agents, just has to be low ball deals (which again, I expect going forward).And he doesn't need to turn into the next Tom Brady.  He just needs to put up a very good preseason and sign for an Osweiler contract (who is he better than).

While I agree and would take Glennon over Osweiler, if teams believed that he wouldn't be on the Bucs roster any longer.

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I agree and would take Glennon over Osweiler, if teams believed that he wouldn't be on the Bucs roster any longer.

Don't think that's true.  Clearly Glennon is not viewed as a superstar (cause he's not).  I think his value is 3rd-borderline 2nd round pick.  The QB position is a big game of musical chairs right now.  The Broncos, Jets, Rams, and Browns (and others) all HAVE to get a QB.  With the draft coming up, teams are playing it cautious because it's unclear where all the QBs will fall.  Where are Goff, Wentz, Lynch drafted? What is Kaep traded for, or does he get cut? How much does Fitz sign for?  Once some of these questions are answered, then we'll get an idea of Glennon's real value as a tradeable commodity.  With so many unknowns it prevents the market from moving quickly on any player.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly.  Koetter and Licht want no part in helping out the next GM and HC.  They want compensation now.  Probably a 4th rounder at best at this point.  Looking doubtful that any team is going to part with both a high pick plus give Glennon an Osweiller type contract.  But we'll see.  Personally, I think Glennon's worth a very high pick AND a big new contract.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think it's teams not interested in Glennon, I think their just asking for too much. IMO

Coupled with a one year contract. If you get him without renegotiating first, you're betting on using the 6-8 weeks after the season to get s long term deal done.

That's it.  Been saying that for weeks.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.