Viewing 57 reply threads

• Author

• bucs449

Participant

Per Rapoport

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@RapSheet The #Bucs announce a one-year deal for LB Dane Fletcher, formerly of the #Patriots. It’s can be for over $2M, source says.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@RapSheet Important in Dane Fletcher’s contract with the #Bucs is that he gets $1.2M guaranteed. TB gets versatile player & special teams beast

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@RapSheet: Important in Dane Fletcher’s contract with the #Bucs is that he gets $1.2M guaranteed. TB gets versatile player & special teams beastHe is pretty much taking Hayward's old role

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really good signing imo. Provides depth and a guy who can definitely start. He also will have a major impact on all 4 parts of special teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sweet, good depth signing and like bucs449 says, a guy who can start if needed, and makes splash plays when he gets the opportunity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t know anything about him, can someone elaborate on him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here is a bit of info: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6068/dane-fletcherHad 2 sacks last season. Looks like a good depth pickup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't know anything about him, can someone elaborate on him?

He's mostly been a backup, but when called upon to start and play he's made splash plays, as well as leading the Pats in special teams tackles.here's an article someone posted from before on Dane filling in for the Patriots: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1865231-dane-fletcher-filling-coverage-void-for-patriots-defense

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wonder how he’d look at MLB in Lovie’s defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hayward’s replacement..?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another good depth signing.  Hopefully we get a few more of these.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@NFLSTROUD: #Bucs intercepted Fletcher at the Salt Lake City airport on his way to visit the Raiders. Deal was done before he made the connection.@NFLSTROUD: Fletcher, after talking to his agent and reaching an agreement with the Bucs, got a flight to Tampa instead from Salt Lakem.twitter.com/NFLSTROUDLove it. Licht doesn't play around

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Versatile LB, good signing. Also played FB for the Patriots in the redzone last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanted him from jump. Quality pickup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DEPTH!DEPTH!DEPTH!Yes, yes, yes

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yes…..another baller.  I believe that makes 4 new ballers added to the team.  im starting to like the way this team looks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@NFLSTROUD: #Bucs intercepted Fletcher at the Salt Lake City airport on his way to visit the Raiders. Deal was done before he made the connection.@NFLSTROUD: Fletcher, after talking to his agent and reaching an agreement with the Bucs, got a flight to Tampa instead from Salt Lakem.twitter.com/NFLSTROUDLove it. Licht doesn't play around

Lol. Badass move by Licht.Bucs Puppet GM Bruce Allen Bucs Rockstar GM Mark DominikBucs Stuntman GM Jason Licht

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love the interception at the airport.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yes.....another baller.  I believe that makes 4 new ballers added to the team.  im starting to like the way this team looks.

Let me guess.E Dietrich-SmithJ McCownB MyersD FletcherAre those your 4 ballers?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wish Java was still here during these good times.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, Java. I can almost hear him now lobbying for coach Lovie Smith to bring in the baller of all ballers : Tim Tebow /sarcasm

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wish Java was still here during these good times.

No worries..You're keeping his spirit alive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People were happy about Dekoda Watson leaving, and now they’re happy about signing this guy? Shows how terrible some of our fans are.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tebow does wear his faith on his sleeve.  Lovie would love him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven’t been happy Dakoda is leaving; I just figured he would leave; with this signing, it’s unlikely he comes back. Fletcher can play middle and strong I’m thinking . . . not to mention special teams.

Please wait…

• ellen

Participant

I haven't been happy Dakoda is leaving; I just figured he would leave; with this signing, it's unlikely he comes back. Fletcher can play middle and strong I'm thinking . . . not to mention special teams.

Watson signed with the Jaguars on Wednesday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tebow does wear his faith on his sleeve.  Lovie would love him.

Wrong. Lovie is only interested in actual pro football players, as evidenced by the replacement of D Bowers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Coach Smith isn’t impressed with Bowers giving up on Coach Shiano . . .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People were happy about Dekoda Watson leaving, and now they're happy about signing this guy? Shows how terrible some of our fans are.

Who is happy he left?The real question is, who is sad he left?This is a quality depth signing. That is all. Move along.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven't been happy Dakoda is leaving; I just figured he would leave; with this signing, it's unlikely he comes back. Fletcher can play middle and strong I'm thinking . . . not to mention special teams.

Watson signed with the Jaguars on Wednesday.

Thanks for pointing that out; the only signing I remember of the Jags was Toby Gerhart. Checking out the Jags new roster so far . . . they've got all kinds of former bucs . . . Dt Roy Miller, Lb Geno Hayes, and Te Danny Noble.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Patriots/Colts playoff game is one NFL Network right now. Been watching Fletcher. He’s actually been a very solid linebacker in this game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People were happy about Dekoda Watson leaving, and now they're happy about signing this guy? Shows how terrible some of our fans are.

wasnt happy or sad about Watson.  I knew he was replaceable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fletcher does have more NFL sacks then Watson.  They seem like very similar players to me.  I would have been equally happy to resign Koda, but only because he was a Buc.  If you look at it dispassionately, would you rather have a guy who's NFL experience has been on a losing franchise, or on a winning one?  Yes, that's oversimplifying things, but I don't mind signing guys to role player positions who know what it is to win football games on the NFL level.  Also, unless they are extreme values (which I don't think either ended up at 2 mil per), I'd just as soon sign short term deals.  So Fletcher for 1 year sounds better then Watson for 3.  Especially since Watson's deal ended up with dead money spilling into 2015.http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Dekoda%20Watson&Position=43OLB&Team=JaguarsI mean 500k isn't significant obviously, but would still rather not have it for a guy who I project as a backup and replaceable if something pops up in the drafts and/or free agency.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fletcher does have more NFL sacks then Watson.  They seem like very similar players to me.  I would have been equally happy to resign Koda, but only because he was a Buc.  If you look at it dispassionately, would you rather have a guy who's NFL experience has been on a losing franchise, or on a winning one?  Yes, that's oversimplifying things, but I don't mind signing guys to role player positions who know what it is to win football games on the NFL level.  Also, unless they are extreme values (which I don't think either ended up at 2 mil per), I'd just as soon sign short term deals.  So Fletcher for 1 year sounds better then Watson for 3.  Especially since Watson's deal ended up with dead money spilling into 2015.http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Dekoda%20Watson&Position=43OLB&Team=JaguarsI mean 500k isn't significant obviously, but would still rather not have it for a guy who I project as a backup and replaceable if something pops up in the drafts and/or free agency.

They're both going to be backups. I don't care about how good they are at actually playing on defense. Dekoda Watson is elite on special teams. It's not only his punt blocks either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who is happy he left?The real question is, who is sad he left?This is a quality depth signing. That is all. Move along.

Some people were like "good riddance" I'm sad that he left because he's great on special teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no escaping the Licht… Fletcher has been productive (sacks/fumbles) when he gets in at LB. VERY nice!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Patriots/Colts playoff game is one NFL Network right now. Been watching Fletcher. He's actually been a very solid linebacker in this game.

Good to hear. He’s obviously seen the field on defense a fair amount, given the sacks/fumbles. Likely upgrade over Watson/Hayward, and could see a lot of action with our D too…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like this signing. Idk about Watson being let go, I’m indifferent about that, but this guy could fill in well for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

good backup/ST… but overpaid! i didn't like some Dominik obsession... draft zero Olineman, overpaid in FA and to resign bucs player... imo, Lovie give too much value to special team... it's one part of the game but one that shouldn't be too expensive!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe slightly so, but it’s a one year deal.  The big money FA pool is now pretty small.  We’ve still got a good chunk left.  Might as well slightly overpay for the 1 year vet type guys we’ll fill out the roster with to make sure we get the ones we want. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Horse-hockey! All three phases are just as important. Look at the second half of the 9ers-Ravens Superbowl!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe slightly so, but it's a one year deal.  The big money FA pool is now pretty small.  We've still got a good chunk left.  Might as well slightly overpay for the 1 year vet type guys we'll fill out the roster with to make sure we get the ones we want.

Or maybe closing the deal on a long term extension for McCoy perhaps. I was down on him until last season. He showed that he wanted it more, even with crap around him and at the coaching positions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked Watson, but since he’s gone and Hayward is still a FA (I think?) our LB situation is scary. Good signing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hayward signed with the Rahskins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hayward signed with the Rahskins.

For basically a 3 year minimum contract.  If we thought he was going to make our 53 there would have been no reason not to offer a matching deal.  http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Adam%20Hayward&Position=LB&Team=RedskinsI guess I just can't say goodbye to yesterday because I would have liked to keep him on that contract.  Either we just flat didn't want him or Adam wanted a change of scenery.  Can't imagine the skins are promising him any larger role on that kind of deal. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fletcher is a coverage LB.Watson is strictly a downhill player.Totally different yo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fletcher is a coverage LB.Watson is strictly a downhill player.Totally different yo.

Fletcher was a 4-3 DE in college and had 19.5 sacks and 5 blocked kicks. He's a lot more like Watson than you realize. The difference is he can actually drop back into coverage too, where as Watson was pretty much only a pass rusher.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice signing. Probably not a big deal but not bad in any way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Way I see it, Hayward was a great leader and pretty smart player….but he was always a step too slow and while he could play every LB spot in a pinch, you didn’t want him out there for a long stretch.Watson was the opposite. He was plenty fast. Amazing athlete but he never really developed into a great football player. I think Fletcher might be a good combination of both guys. He isn't the athlete Watson is, but he is faster than Hayward. He is a "try hard" player like Hayward, but he can pass rush like Watson. In the end I think he is a lot closer to Casillas' level than Haywards or Watsons. Good signing imo. We improved our LB depth. I'm sure we will add another at some point, but David, Foster, Casillas, and Fletcher is a nice group.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fletcher was a 4-3 DE in college and had 19.5 sacks and 5 blocked kicks. He's a lot more like Watson than you realize. The difference is he can actually drop back into coverage too, where as Watson was pretty much only a pass rusher.

Good point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will see. Too small a sample to draw any big conclusions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

watson had 3 sacks in 4 years.  he wasnt a pass rusher. he never became a defensive starter.  he was a ST demon.  sad to see him go for ST only.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s our Luke Kuechly. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

well done, Bucs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Pat’s fans aren’t happy about losing him. If nothing else we stuck it to Bill on this one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's our Luke Kuechly.

Not even close.

Please wait…

Viewing 57 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.