Viewing 59 reply threads

• Author

• Bucsfan4life323

Participant

From @ProFootballTalkTony McDaniel signs one-year deal with the Bucs, worth up to $2.5 million. Per league source.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably means good bye to Bowers.  McCoy, McDonald, Melton and McDaniel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nobody else reporting it yet…hmmmm

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers has been more productive than this bum and Daquans never been accused of hitting his girlfriend. I’d prefer to roll with him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can he play OT? OG? C? DE?  If not,  I’m not that excited……

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Probably means good bye to Bowers.  McCoy, McDonald, Melton and McDaniel.

I think it probably means Akeem Spence's injury is more serious than expected.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nobody else reporting it yet...hmmmm

@Rand_Getlin  13s13 seconds agoSource: DT Tony McDaniel has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the #Bucs worth up to $2.5M.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nobody else reporting it yet...hmmmm

@Rand_Getlin  13s13 seconds agoSource: DT Tony McDaniel has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the #Bucs worth up to $2.5M.

Thanks, always glad to see more than one source unless that one source in Shefter

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

Spence must be done for year, Bowers was just camp meat

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyways good signing by the Bucs. Can’t go wrong with a solid depth signing in the trenches. McDaniel had the 15th highest DT grade by PFF last season. Solid move by L & L.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great signing

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

More money on a non impact position. Crown us the DT champs.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

he played well for Hawks, big man too at 6ft 7…he was a cap cut ..Hawks needed  the money to get Wagner deal dome

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great signing

Hell yeah! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a good move. Provides more depth and he can play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a good move. Provides more depth and he can play.

He would have beaten a healthy Spence to be our run down/goal line NT imo.  Will be a very nice rotational tackle.  I really really like our 4 DTs now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are officially stacked at DT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta wonder about Melton’s knee, too…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But have we signed Aldon Smith yet??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In before some idiot posts “Crown Us!!”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In before some idiot posts "Crown Us!!"

Too late....JC beat you to it...sorta

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Awesome pick up!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

29 starts in the last 2 years. Solid!"CROWN LESS !!!"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty popular among Seahawk fans based on the comments I saw at the Field Gulls blog.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nobody is camp fodder with 4 pre-season games and possible injuries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With this roster having depth at DL and linebacker, we could sprinkle in some 3-4 and use the tackles across the front.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good pick-up. Gotta keep McCoy legs fresh at the end of games not only will he play better, his chances of stay healthy all year goes up a tenfold.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta wonder about Melton's knee, too...

Melton's not a NT

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good pick-up. Gotta keep McCoy legs fresh at the end of games not only will he play better, his chances of stay healthy all year goes up a tenfold.

Not for McCoy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing wrong with this signing. I’m always happy to see an upgrade on either line.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll tell you one thing, i would much rather have too many dt's in this defense than not enough.Its all about rotation. Keep everyone healthy, ready to go, and possibly and hopefully keep pressure on, even IF the main-man gmac isnt out there.There are going to be third downs, where our guys are going to be tired. Rotation, and a plethora of linemen would ensure having at least someone out there with a fresh motor.And if not, we have a lot of different guys to choose from going into the season. Thats not a bad thing either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing wrong with this signing. I'm always happy to see an upgrade on either line.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

is mcdaniel considered an UT or a NT?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

is mcdaniel considered an UT or a NT?

From what I know, he's a NT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can he play OT? OG? C? DE?  If not,  I'm not that excited......

LOL, this ^^^^^^

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From reading some of the Seahawks comments, he is basically a taller version of McDonald.  Good motor, good heart not an all-pro but a solid contributor. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great signing

agree.... Bring in those from winning organizations...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We upgraded from Da’Quan Bowers. How could anyone not think this is a good signing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great signing at great price and perfect for depth. And he is a solid player, not some scrub.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He passed his physical this morning. So its official.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

absolute Win for us.  by this time next year……after going Hard on defense in the draft…..we’ll have good reason to start expecting amazing things.everything in the NFL is cyclical...and we're certainly due.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a good signing.Bowers and Gholston are going to have to make this team at DE. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

have to be honest, when the Seahawks signed Tony McDaniel, I was blah on it. I think a lot of fans were fairly ambivalent. Randy Starks was also coming out of Miami at the time and he was the sexy pick at DT, so the signing looked like the Seahawks were kind of snatching up table scraps. However, when I watched him against Green Bay in the preseason, I changed my tune.McDaniel is never going to wow you with athleticism or impressive feats of strength. What he will give you, though, is consistent technical excellence at his position. He had some moments at the 3-tech spot last year, but isn't a bull rush type of player to apply late pressure.However, off the ball, Tony is quick for his size and uses excellent leverage to put away blockers. He did a lot of dirty work inside and I really think putting him outside not only improves your pass rush day one, but his technical skill means that run defense shouldn't be a concern.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-breakdowns/2014/6/25/5832796/seahawks-cliff-avril-michael-bennett-tony-mcdaniel-pete-carroll

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With this roster having depth at DL and linebacker, we could sprinkle in some 3-4 and use the tackles across the front.

Yes we could. I would like to think lovie is thinking that as well.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Yes we could. I would like to think lovie is thinking that as well.

I'd like to see them mix it up with some 3-4.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

Loving it.  Alot of little things coming together that is starting to get me excited again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 6m6 minutes ago Tampa, FLEx-Seahawks DT Tony McDaniel said ex-Buc Michael Bennett helped sell him on Tampa: "He even said he wishes he could come back down here."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 6m6 minutes ago Tampa, FLEx-Seahawks DT Tony McDaniel said ex-Buc Michael Bennett helped sell him on Tampa: "He even said he wishes he could come back down here."

Wish we had him here. And Lovie isn’t going to utilize a 3-4. That’s like Gruden using a shotgun formation. I remember when Bruce Gradkowski took to the shotgun against the Giants years ago. I was pointing and screaming "Holy Crap, Gruden is using a shotgun formation!"And then he called a timeout. Lol.

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

If im not mistaken, there was a report a few week back that Michael Bennett wants more money.SIGN AND TRADE!!!!!!(Jk)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

19878040734_a6823d3b08_o.pngmc by anti java, on Flickr

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The MC Hammers? I think I like it....

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

have to be honest, when the Seahawks signed Tony McDaniel, I was blah on it. I think a lot of fans were fairly ambivalent. Randy Starks was also coming out of Miami at the time and he was the sexy pick at DT, so the signing looked like the Seahawks were kind of snatching up table scraps. However, when I watched him against Green Bay in the preseason, I changed my tune.McDaniel is never going to wow you with athleticism or impressive feats of strength. What he will give you, though, is consistent technical excellence at his position. He had some moments at the 3-tech spot last year, but isn't a bull rush type of player to apply late pressure.However, off the ball, Tony is quick for his size and uses excellent leverage to put away blockers. He did a lot of dirty work inside and I really think putting him outside not only improves your pass rush day one, but his technical skill means that run defense shouldn't be a concern.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-breakdowns/2014/6/25/5832796/seahawks-cliff-avril-michael-bennett-tony-mcdaniel-pete-carroll

Very encouraging write up. It sounds like McDaniel will be the only true NT we have. This should help McCoy out more than anyone.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I prefer the Big Mack Attack

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That one has potential...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This could free up GMC to take some snaps on the edge… big, quick… not many LT’s will want to deal with that…Also - McDaniel can also take snaps at RDE.MMMMountains.McDaniel, McDonald, Melton, McCoy.  Worth an experiment ...

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

The MC Hammers? I think I like it....

I don't care what nickname they have, as long as it comes with a ton of sacks.  ;)

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

This could free up GMC to take some snaps on the edge... big, quick... not many LT's will want to deal with that...Also - McDaniel can also take snaps at RDE.MMMMountains.McDaniel, McDonald, Melton, McCoy.  Worth an experiment ...

Why would you move your All-Pro DT to the edge? Yes this should free him up from double teams sometimes, but that's just so he can cause havoc in the middle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he can create the same havoc from the edge…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

mccoy and melton arent going to DE.  its fun to play with the idea, and it could happen on the rarest occasions just to give the offense a look they wouldnt expect.  but i dont think it would ever come to fruition.  mccoy and melton are there to blow up the QB from the UT spot.  mcdonald and mcdaniel are there to blow up the offense from the NT.  and we aint gonna be using the 34 either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a much needed run stuffer….

Please wait…

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.