Viewing 177 reply threads

• Author

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

Tampa Bay Buccaneers ?@TBBuccaneers  29sThe #Bucs have agreed to terms with C/G Evan Dietrich-Smith! #itsabucslife pic.twitter.com/WZubilwP66Evan Dietrich-Smith - G - BuccaneersBucs agreed to terms with C Evan Dietrich-Smith, formerly of the Packers, on a four-year, $14.25 million contract.One of free agency's most aggressive teams has gotten better again. Dietrich-Smith has been one of the league's better centers since taking over for Jeff Saturday down the stretch in 2012, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 8 middle man in 2013. He's a major improvement on Jeremy Zuttah for a team that wants to run the ball early and often. If there's a knock, it's that EDS' track record is just 25 starts long, but he's still only 27.Related: Packers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

YES!!!!!!! O-Line overhaul is complete!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is Zuttah next to pack his bags? LOVE this signing

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NO BS!  That is awesome, was just posting about how that is the one FA I would most like us to sign!!!  So do we keep Zutta for depth/RG potential or recoup his salary?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wooohooo!! Now we are talking, wow lovie and licht have done an amazing job on this over haul

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good! its not complete tho, we dont even know if Nicks can play

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FUGG YEA. Now just NEED NEED NEED NEED another starting corner and the Bucs can close the page on FA and call it a damn success.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes! Love the signing! I’m glad Lovie is building this team in the trenches.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ian Rapoport ?@RapSheet  1mThe #Bucs agreed to terms with G/C Evan Dietrich-Smith, they announced. Source says it’s a 4-year deal worth $14.25M overall.Not badddd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ian Rapoport ?@RapSheet  1mThe #Bucs agreed to terms with G/C Evan Dietrich-Smith, they announced. Source says it’s a 4-year deal worth $14.25M overall.Another team friendly contract.  Zuttah is set to make $4.25 million

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know if all these signings are going to work out, but I love imagining the contempt Lovie and Licht must feel when they look at the players they inherited.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jason Licht is the MAN.  This guy is not playing around and building this team the right way and getting team friendly deals done.  Yes, I know Lovie is heavily involved too but Licht deserves HUGE props

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ameri….er…..Jason Licht! F*ck yea!Re-tooling this line in a mutha-f*ckin day yea!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So do this move Zuttah over to guard or is he released?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ameri....er.....Jason Licht! F*ck yea!Re-tooling this line in a mutha-f*ckin day yea!

Wondered where that was going, but I like it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope they can get Zuttah to restructure…we really need some depth

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m guessing Zuttah gets the axe, just as part of the housekeeping, but maybe he stays as potential RG and overpaid backup.  Maybe he takes a paycut?  Probably hits the bricks, though, I would imagine.  Got to bring in a rookie at guard anyway for the Nicks ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dietrich might still play guard and keep zuttah at center. Good move why the hell did we not cut koenan yet?!??!? Sign smitty or Sanders and were all set.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ameri....er.....Jason Licht! F*ck yea!Re-tooling this line in a mutha-f*ckin day yea!

Who are you and what have you done with Chace?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boom !! Now get me Emmanuel Sanders.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUD  2mThe #Bucs believe Dietrich-Smith could start at either guard or center.hmmmm....could they still be targeting Mack???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?@gregauman  29sDespite Bucs signing center Evan Dietrich-Smith, agent for Jeremy Zuttah says all conversations he's had with team have been positive.Hopefully the conversations involved restructuring

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very nice.  Looks like the Bucs are serious about upgrading the OL. G is still a question mark.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Without knowing if Nicks can play, it’s dangerous to just cut Zuttah. At least until after the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep Zuttah. Move him to G. Draft an OG in the first 3 rounds. Cut him next year if he sucks in ’14. He may just be average, but his versatility does have value.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whoever I am, I have definitely watched too much "Team America"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Zuttah stays at center and Dietrich becomes the new starting right guard…hopefully after restructure

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t know why you guys are freaking out. Hes an okay center, I do like the team friendly contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

EDS grading out as Pro Football Focus’ No. 8 Center in 2013.  I think Zuttah is a better guard then Center regardless

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No.8 center ? I can take it, but he was undrafted and released by two teams… I don’t see what the hype is ? He started in the NFL for 2-3 seasons and was not resigned?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could live with that.  I think Zut at least gets the mini-camp to see who fits best where.Time for Koenen to go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing wrong with signing a Top Ten player to a team friendly contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Zuttah stays at center and Dietrich becomes the new starting right guard...hopefully after restructure

You can say it... Don't be shy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sign Mack.. Draft Gabe Jackson.. If Nicks can play, cut Zuttah, if not, restructure and he can back up the interior.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No.8 center ? I can take it, but he was undrafted and released by two teams... I don't see what the hype is ? He started in the NFL for 2-3 seasons and was not resigned?

From your friends at PFF.....Evan Dietrich-Smith, Center - Quickly answered questions as to whether he was a starting caliber player with a good 2013 season that saw him finish eighth overall in our rankings. Solid if not imposing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don’t understand why so many people want to move Zuttah back to guard.He's light and weak, but smart. He's not a great center by any stretch, but that's still his best position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At least he won’t have to worry about this anymore:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fl0XffpBsI

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No.8 center ? I can take it, but he was undrafted and released by two teams... I don't see what the hype is ? He started in the NFL for 2-3 seasons and was not resigned?

It's possible he's just a mirage, propped up by a great QB and good offense, but lots of good centers bounce around early in their careers before finding themselves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't understand why so many people want to move Zuttah back to guard.He's light and weak, but smart. He's not a great center by any stretch, but that's still his best position.

because despite his size, he played better as a G than he did a C.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whoever I am, I have definitely watched too much "Team America"

LOVIE SMITH! (BUC YEA!)JASON LICHT! (BUC YEA!)JEFF TEFORD! (BUC YEA!)LESLIE FRAZIER! (BUC YEA!)O-LINE! (BUC YEA!)D-LINE! (BUC YEA!)CAP SPACE! (BUC YEA!)DARELLE REVIS! (.......Uhhhh...Buc Yea!...)......YOUNGER OPTIONS! (BUC YEA!):D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't know why you guys are freaking out. Hes an okay center, I do like the team friendly contract.

no he is a big upgrade at center is what he is..period

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he’s so good why did Green Bay let him walk?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Adam Caplan ?@caplannfl  15mEvan Dietrich-Smith's 4-year deal with #Buccaneers worth $14 25 m, $7.25 m guaranteed, per source. A bunch of teams in it to the end.For what its worth to the doubters, looks like alot of other teams were in it for him too.  The biggest bonus about Collins and EDS is that we got them over the Panthers who are desperate for OL help

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he's so good why did Green Bay let him walk?

You can say that about any free agent that is signed by a different team.

Please wait…

• ellen

Participant

I rather have Zuttah move to guard

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This off season just keeps getting better.Bring in a speedy wideout and Tillman, go QB in the first round and then BPA, we'll be set.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Packers could have afforded him and don't have a center. What does that tell you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't understand why so many people want to move Zuttah back to guard.He's light and weak, but smart. He's not a great center by any stretch, but that's still his best position.

I completely disagree. When he played guard our line was constantly collapsing--especially when playing next to road-graders in a power scheme. Looks like we might be playing a more zone-style, finesses system this year, so maybe he'll be a better fit in this scheme.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Packers could have afforded him and don't have a center. What does that tell you?

Once you're a free agent you can sign with whoever you want to. So Green Bay could have given him an offer and he wanted to play elsewhere...understand?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea I’m sure he just couldn’t wait to leave the Packers. That must be it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m still reserving my opinion until we start to see how all these guys start to pan out. I will give props and say all the contracts seem reasonable. Michael Johnsons contract is the biggest and hence the biggest chance of busting but i’ve actually been impress by the signing of two of PFF’s better lineman for what I think is a very reasonable contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea I'm sure he just couldn't wait to leave the Packers. That must be it.

Must be...he signed with us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good signing and we didn’t pay much at all. I like it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Warmer weather? Lower taxes? Hotter girls?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep Zuttah. Move him to G. Draft an OG in the first 3 rounds. Cut him next year if he sucks in '14. He may just be average, but his versatility does have value.

Why do people keep saying this?Zuttah sucks at G.  He was barely average (if that) at C, and he was much worse at G.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dumber General Manager.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't know why you guys are freaking out. Hes an okay center, I do like the team friendly contract.

no he is a big upgrade at center is what he is..period

A "big upgrade"??? Eh maybe. Not too hard to upgrade from Zuttah. I like the contract and like his age (27)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn JC is someone routinely pissing in your cheerios every morning, or what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh what a shocker, an idiot know-it-all is bitching about a good signing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I completely disagree. When he played guard our line was constantly collapsing--especially when playing next to road-graders in a power scheme. Looks like we might be playing a more zone-style, finesses system this year, so maybe he'll be a better fit in this scheme.

Yea, that "collapsing" also happened while he was primarily playing C for 2 seasons. He wasn't more than average at either position, but I would much rather have him 100% concentrating on blocking and sticking to one assignment, rather than being the QB of the OL and having several different things to juggle in addition to blocking. As a G, sure he got overpowered at times, but for the most part, he was solid. His worst year came when he played the most games as the starting C.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC is feisty all the time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep Zuttah. Move him to G. Draft an OG in the first 3 rounds. Cut him next year if he sucks in '14. He may just be average, but his versatility does have value.

Why do people keep saying this?Zuttah sucks at G.  He was barely average (if that) at C, and he was much worse at G.

Well we cut our starting RG so we need someone to be there. and with the uncertainty of Nicks, it's hard to just get rid of Zuttah when we might not have a starting Guard on the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Price was nice, age is low, production is good. Again, good signing.  So far there isn’t really a head scratcher in this whole FA period nor massive overspend. We are getting productive,younger players (other than McCown) on reasonable/value contracts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I live in Packer country. The radio sports jocks and fans are super pissed about losing him. They’ve been mad at Ted Thompson for a while over his lack of moves since their last SB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he sucks at G, then he sucks at C and should be cut...because he was no better at C than he was at G. A lot of the OLs problems can be attributed to communication errors, and the C is a big part of that. Zuttah is better as a, "you, block that guy" player than he is a director of OL operations.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well we cut our starting RG so we need someone to be there. and with the uncertainty of Nicks, it's hard to just get rid of Zuttah when we might not have a starting Guard on the team.

Zuttah is not a starting guard.  I don't know what Chace thinks he sees that, but damn, Zuttah sucks at guard.  He is not an acceptable starter at G in any way shape or form.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dumber General Manager.

Someone needs a hug. C'mere, big guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I live in Packer country. The radio sports jocks and fans are super pissed about losing him. They've been mad at Ted Thompson for a while over his lack of moves since their last SB.

Giant fans were mad when we signed Jason Whittle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I prefer Zuttah at G. He’s an average level technician who can hold his own a decent amount of the time but doesn’t have the mean streak you like for a C.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC really needs to take Lovie’s pic off his signature space…it’s training me to think that our new HC is a complete imbecile.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Super excited about this… release Zuttah for all I care

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zuttah is not a starting guard.  I don't know what Chace thinks he sees that, but damn, Zuttah sucks at guard.  He is not an acceptable starter at G in any way shape or form.

Except that, he's on the roster and someone who is acceptable isn't. No one has said "Zuttah is a great o lineman and we need to keep him", but until we have a replacement, or at least know that Nicks will play again at some point in his life, Zuttah is at the very least one of the top 3 Healthy interior linemen on the team, which makes him a starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chris Landry was raving about this signing on WDAE. Says the kid is a top 5 center in the league. I’ll take his word over a jag off on a message board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Super excited about this... release Zuttah for all I care

Why do people keep saying this? Zuttah is much better as a player on the trading block, than he is a player who is released....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chris Landry was raving about this signing on WDAE. Says the kid is a top 5 center in the league. I'll take his word over a jag off on a message board.

+100

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’re killing it. Stoked about the new organization, can’t wait to get my Verner Jersey. http://youtu.be/qIYO-bvgiAs dude is good. Checkout 2:00 on

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i would love it if we could keep all our talent. As you guys know, our team has had NO depth once we lose players. Love all the signings and love the potential next year brings! Go Bucs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who in their right mind wants to live in Wisconsin when Florida or Cali are available? Maybe I'm just a wuss when it comes to snow but damn.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who in their right mind wants to live in Wisconsin when Florida or Cali are available? Maybe I'm just a wuss when it comes to snow but damn.

FL and Cali are exponentially >>>>>> than the rest of the USA

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagree. But hey, it’s a free country.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep Zuttah. He is incredibly versatile and a good guy to start in a pinch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagree. But hey, it's a free country.

Fine. Tennessee and Texas for ya, ye republican ;P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dumber General Manager.

You're hating on Licht already?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK, so we got this guy, Zuttah, Meredith, and hopefully Nicks on the interior. Still thin, IMO, as Larsen is now a Cardinal. This kinda confirms we aren’t pursuing Alex Mack…   Looks to me we be drafting a WR or two in the draft, and likely a LB and CB too. Still dubious about a QB, but we'll see...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dumber General Manager.

You're hating on Licht already?

He hates on everyone and everything Buccaneers, unless they are former non-running back Buccaneers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

YES!!!!!!! O-Line overhaul is complete!

Nope. OG still needs to be addressed. Nicks isn't a sure thing to return just yet. Zuttah moves to G with the addition of Dietrich-Smith. I'm thinking the Bucs will sign Eben Britton or Charlie Johnson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, this is good news to walk in the door to!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This signing has signaled the worst day of my life. I can’t believe we signed this guy. I’m going to turn to hard drugs because of this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This signing has signaled the worst day of my life. I can't believe we signed this guy. I'm going to turn to hard drugs because of this.

The soft drugs aren't doing it for ya anymore?Have you considered Satanism?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagree. But hey, it's a free country.

Fine. Tennessee and Texas for ya, ye republican ;P

Upstate New York is lovely, parts of Pa. Virginia has a lot going for it…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This signing has signaled the worst day of my life. I can't believe we signed this guy. I'm going to turn to hard drugs because of this.

Why?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC is bitchy all the time.

Fixed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unfreaking real. While it is too early to tell, on paper, these guys just erased 4 years of mistakes to a great degree in less than 4 days. Not all of the mind you, but dang, what a job and what a team being set up for success.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why?

Mods b trollin yo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll take the Oregon coast over anywhere in CA. New Mexico has a ton to recommend it especially down by Ruidoso. Actually used to prefer the Mississippi gulf coast to anywhere in FL but the casinos sorta ruined that stretch of land.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mrs. Zuttah, I presume? :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cut Zuttah!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FL is the best state on Gods green earth. Up here in NC is…okay. Not home though, not by a long shot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok, ok.. I can forgive them now.Between them signing collins and smith, I can't be mad at them...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FL is the best state on Gods green earth. Up here in NC is...okay. Not home though, not by a long shot.

Sorry, California is #1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Recall that amusing time like,last year, when the OL was a strength of this team for so many…….Yeah, reality is a harsh mistress

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The best part is we are not even close to being done, we killed it in the beginning of FA, I am sure we have a lot of more roster cuts to come, our O line just became so much better, Dougie Fresh is gonna have a lot of holes to run through, can’t wait to see him in Tedfords O.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Recall that amusing time like,last year, when the OL was a strength of this team for so many.......Yeah, reality is a harsh mistress

They were supposed to be . Didn't earn their pay. Hence the reason the axe man cometh....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Finally the Bucs are adding some leaders.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think center is very important (and underrated) position due to line calls…. anyone have insight on zuttah vs. smith on this area?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zuttah will stay as depth I’m sure.  May restructure.Dotson - Nicks - Smith - Jackson- Collins.Meredith, Zuttah.If that comes together...  Wow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zuttah is valuable as a swing guy. He can play all 5 positions. Jack of all trades and master of none. If he is riding the pine he may be asked to take a pay cut. Otherwise? my guess is they keep him at OC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will be watching, and you don’t pay 4.25 million for a guy to watch…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry Beats and others, but don’t visit Alaska if you want to keep living in your fantasy land that State X, Y, or Z is better.I guess if you are into cities and traffic and cheaper groceries, maybe not, but for adventure and natural beauty it is not to be beat.On the subject of Zuttah, I think we should keep him, but I would like to think he could be cheaper, but he is a versatile backup and we only have 5 draft picks.  It will be interesting to see if he makes the final roster depending on our moves between now and TC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will be watching, and you don't pay 4.25 million for a guy to watch...

Exactly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will be watching, and you don't pay 4.25 million for a guy to watch...

Exactly.

Perfect

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have to assume we can’t count on Nicks… So we have no starting guards. Except Zuttah. He isn’t going anywhere.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Couldn't pay me to live in CA.And if it's strictly about climate, Hawaii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all else

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Taxes way too high in Cali ….you can have it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zuttah will stay as depth I'm sure.  May restructure.Dotson - Nicks - Smith - Jackson- Collins.Meredith, Zuttah.If that comes together...  Wow.

Switch Collins and Dotson

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They both have been swing tackles…  I see them equal, although Dotson is significantly taller...Could go either way

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zuttah will stay as depth I'm sure.  May restructure.Dotson - Nicks - Smith - Jackson- Collins.Meredith, Zuttah.If that comes together...  Wow.

Switch Collins and Dotson

Not as well as Collins rates as a pass blocker . I think you want him blocking the other team's best pass rushers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know if all these signings are going to work out, but I love imagining the contempt Lovie and Licht must feel when they look at the players they inherited.

Didn't take long for the "Great Wall" to be disassembled.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was more like the Berlin wall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry Beats and others, but don't visit Alaska if you want to keep living in your fantasy land that State X, Y, or Z is better.I guess if you are into cities and traffic and cheaper groceries, maybe not, but for adventure and natural beauty it is not to be beat.On the subject of Zuttah, I think we should keep him, but I would like to think he could be cheaper, but he is a versatile backup and we only have 5 draft picks.  It will be interesting to see if he makes the final roster depending on our moves between now and TC.

Agreed, I lived in Alaska for years and it's the best place I've ever been.On topic, we should let Zuttah compete for a spot, see how the line falls into place. If he's just depth he needs to take a paycut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know if all these signings are going to work out, but I love imagining the contempt Lovie and Licht must feel when they look at the players they inherited.

Didn't take long for the "Great Wall" to be disassembled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afnJbdT4t5g

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry Beats and others, but don't visit Alaska if you want to keep living in your fantasy land that State X, Y, or Z is better.I guess if you are into cities and traffic and cheaper groceries, maybe not, but for adventure and natural beauty it is not to be beat.On the subject of Zuttah, I think we should keep him, but I would like to think he could be cheaper, but he is a versatile backup and we only have 5 draft picks.  It will be interesting to see if he makes the final roster depending on our moves between now and TC.

Agreed, I lived in Alaska for years and it's the best place I've ever been.On topic, we should let Zuttah compete for a spot, see how the line falls into place. If he's just depth he needs to take a paycut.

I just got back from Alaska after four years. Didn’t like it too much, but then again it was military related so I didn’t get the chance to really enjoy it. Plus I’m a Florida boy and that cold ughhh lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was more like the Berlin wall.

or the ever so sturdy New Orleans levees.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good signing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

starter: OT Collins & Dotson; OG Nicks; OC Dietrich-Smithbackup: G(-T) Meredith; C-G Zuttah (Nicks insurance and competition for EDS)right guard is an open competition for now and the biggest Oline needs...little depth for now, need a swing tackle and a guard (+ a center if you release Zuttah)...would like to sign Willie Colon for the right guard position, rework Zuttah contract, draft a good guard (Nicks' replacement in 2015), draft or top udfa for the swing sackle, sign some good udfa for TC competition & practice squad... may sign a cheap FA for swing tackle competition... something like that:RG Willie Colon for three-year, $10 million ($3-4M guaranteed).C-G Jeremy Zuttah for four-year, $12-13 million ($5-6 million guaranteed)... or draft Travis Swanson/Weston Richburg/Bryan Stork/Marcus Martin/Tyler Larsen/Russell Bodine/Gabe Ikard.OG Brandon Thomas/Gabe Jackson/Xavier Su’a Filo (3rd round), Dakota Dozier/Joel Bitonio/Anthony Steen (4/5th round) + some good udfa (Spencer Long, Andrew Rodriguez, Jordan & Justin McCray) for practice squad.OT i think a good tackle should sleep to the 5th round, injury or bad combine (Cyrus Kouandjio/James Hurst/Jack Mewhort/Morgan Moses) or if no one sleep go for the late draft pick/good udfa (Matt Patchan/Matt Hall/Luke Lucas/Danny Kistler/Jeremiah Sirles/Brent Qvale/Laurent Duvernay-Tardif/Kevin Graff) and sign a vet for cheap (Eric Winston/Jason Fox/Winston Justice).not a great Oline but could be an average unit with some potential to hit the top ten if Nicks stay healthy and most of the one-year wonder Dotson/Collins/EDS confirm... (could be a top ten unit if you draft Greg Robinson/Jake Matthews at #7 or Zack Martin at #38)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t get why you guys keep penciling in Nicks. Can’t count on him moving forward imo. If he can/does play it will be a great bonus… But I think we have to move forward with the assumption that he will not be part of our team until proven otherwise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't get why you guys keep penciling in Nicks. Can't count on him moving forward imo. If he can/does play it will be a great bonus... But I think we have to move forward with the assumption that he will not be part of our team until proven otherwise.

agree but there is just one guard available worth a shot in free agency, Willie Colon... maybe two if Wharton doesn't retire.in your assumption you only have Zuttah & Meredith to play guard...imo we need to sign Colon badly for the RG position and draft a good guard, to compete with Zuttah and Meredith for the LG position if Nicks rehab doesn't look good!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FL is the best state on Gods green earth. Up here in NC is...okay. Not home though, not by a long shot.

Sorry, California is #1

In crazies....absolutely!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hawaii.  Nothing comes close.Of course, it's politically a liberal hell, but the state itself is amazing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2nd to North Dakota.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hawaii.  Nothing comes close.Of course, it's politically a liberal hell, but the state itself is amazing.

Dem homosextacles and god-disbelievers give you the willies, bubba?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a republican or conservative, but nice try fcktard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beavis can change his name to Bortles , but he’s still Lord Beavis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Lord Dipsh*t”would be much more accurate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Woah, you mad bro?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Lord Dipsh*t"would be much more accurate.

Waaaah! Someone has different opinions than me! I'll be sure and try to be just like you next time

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Woah, you mad bro?

Waaaah! Someone has different opinions than me! I'll be sure and try to be just like you next time

You're the one getting your ladyparts in a wad because someone has different opinions than you.  Look in the mirror dipsht

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, being less of a dipsh*t would be a step in the right direction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Woah, you mad bro?

You're the one getting your ladyparts in a wad because someone has different opinions than you.  Look in the mirror dipsht

I'm being cheeky. You're the one name calling. A sure sign of "mad". Don't take your message board persona so seriously ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whole lotta fail in this thread. Are you not entertained?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Back on topic….RETOOLED O-LINE!Hey, remember Jeff Faine?....BAHAHAHAHA!New day!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is EDS (hahahaha what a nickname!) any good?  When I watch the Packers I generally watch Rodgers sling it around, didn’t notice EDS. Must be a good thing, huh?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is EDS (hahahaha what a nickname!) any good?  When I watch the Packers I generally watch Rodgers sling it around, didn't notice EDS. Must be a good thing, huh?

He is a top third of the league type center not a top 10% type guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is EDS (hahahaha what a nickname!) any good?  When I watch the Packers I generally watch Rodgers sling it around, didn't notice EDS. Must be a good thing, huh?

He is a top third of the league type center not a top 10% type guy.

read somewhere that he gets pushed around a bit by the bigger DTs. he may be Faine 2.0 .... but a lot cheaper.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

An easy thing to do would be for anyone with PFF access to look up his games vs DET since that is holding up vs two of the better DT’s in the league and see how he did. Give you some idea of what to expect when he plays better players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

came into the league as an undrafted tackle out of Idaho State and the Packers tried him as a guard/center backup… struggled at guard but was a good feet at center… starting center at the end of 2012 after taking over for a fading Jeff Saturday…http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-dietrichsmith-cleans-up-lifestyle-for-his-family-6o7or4m-181306391.htmlthen was a good surprise last year... great character... smart guy...hard to say for now if he's just a one year wonder or can keep the level of production he had last year with the Packers...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW Packers fans have been poopooing his loss away. They seem to think he won’t be missed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well if he’s awful, Zuttah is still here. Try not to cringe too hard. It’s bad for your health.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Zuttah, Mike Williams, Koening and Connor are all slated for the dumpster. Will we get anything for them? Who knows and it doesn’t seem to matter to Lovie/Licht. I think only Williams would have a cap hit but since Lovie/Licht have come here, they sure haven’t been singing his praises. Crabtree and Vincent Jackson(doubt it) might also be gone. It all depends on the draft, second round free agents, whose price has come down and then the annual pilfering of other teams practice squads for depth and development. The only obvious weakness I see right now is WR, Special teams (PK/P/Returners) and depth, depth, depth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Zuttah, Mike Williams, Koening and Connor are all slated for the dumpster. Will we get anything for them? Who knows and it doesn't seem to matter to Lovie/Licht. I think only Williams would have a cap hit but since Lovie/Licht have come here, they sure haven't been singing his praises. Crabtree and Vincent Jackson(doubt it) might also be gone. It all depends on the draft, second round free agents, whose price has come down and then the annual pilfering of other teams practice squads for depth and development. The only obvious weakness I see right now is WR, Special teams (PK/P/Returners) and depth, depth, depth.

I can't see Jackson going anywhere anytime soon unless we draft a guy like Mike Evans. Even then, I see him here for a few more seasons. McCown depended heavily on big receivers like Marshall and Jeffery in Chicago. The jump ball isn't going away in Tedford's offense. Plus, VJ is an upstanding citizen and shines a good light on the organization. You can cringe at his salary cap figure but considering what he brings to the table and what he does for this offesne, he is worth it.Now, let's draft Sammy Watkins and pair these two up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Zuttah, Mike Williams, Koening and Connor are all slated for the dumpster. Will we get anything for them? Who knows and it doesn't seem to matter to Lovie/Licht. I think only Williams would have a cap hit but since Lovie/Licht have come here, they sure haven't been singing his praises. Crabtree and Vincent Jackson(doubt it) might also be gone. It all depends on the draft, second round free agents, whose price has come down and then the annual pilfering of other teams practice squads for depth and development. The only obvious weakness I see right now is WR, Special teams (PK/P/Returners) and depth, depth, depth.

Crabtree is now the 3rd TE so he likely earns too much for that gig. Plus. Is suspect we will want a blocking type TE to be the third. MW19 is hanging on by the skin of his teeth. VJax isn't in any danger unless his production falls off.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

is manieri the blocking TE or is he just a camp body that lovie knows?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Caveman19 is such a disappointment man. But the guy calls himself a Neanderthal, so why the hell am I surprised?(Slaps forehead)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

is manieri the blocking TE or is he just a camp body that lovie knows?

Manieri is huge. He is our blocking TE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

zm0qju5e8mupwfsrmj84.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

zm0qju5e8mupwfsrmj84.gif

Master of the perineal snap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whats his problem ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this the new “Butt Fumble”?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this the new "Butt Fumble"?

Maybe later today someone will have made a GIF of the snap over Glennon's head.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

zm0qju5e8mupwfsrmj84.gif

haha, I knew that FRG would be up to his work early! You never disappoint! Surprised you didnt go with the "Zuttah never butt fumbles, which is why we should've built our team around him"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whats his problem ?

Glennon has a feather soft, hardly noticeable touch?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PlaintiveHeftyGreatargus.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ha, Zuttah! Zuttah!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this the new "Butt Fumble"?

Maybe later today someone will have made a GIF of the snap over Glennon's head.

Now that's talent.PFF gave him a -4.4 last night, ouch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOLCan't say that those snaps weren't entertaining.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ha, Zuttah! Zuttah!

even the best centers make those type of mistakes just ask the C from Denver.. you guys are in love with a guy that would be average in thus system shm.. if you want that bum of Jeremy Zuttah then go root for the F*king Ravens then

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting thread to say the least. Funny would never of thought from watching eds play this year he was the 8th rated best center last year. He sucks. Now zuttah looks like a pro bowler go figure. Maybe it's just the bucs? I find it hard to believe all these fa's just forget how to play. Maybe it's us maybe we turn players into the suck.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Today is bump all the FA bust threads day. Joyous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting thread to say the least. Funny would never of thought from watching eds play this year he was the 8th rated best center last year. He sucks. Now zuttah looks like a pro bowler go figure. Maybe it's just the bucs? I find it hard to believe all these fa's just forget how to play. Maybe it's us maybe we turn players into the suck.

It's bad coaching, that's all it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

O I'm sorry something else with this pitiful team ud rather discuss?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chris Landry was raving about this signing on WDAE. Says the kid is a top 5 center in the league. I'll take his word over a jag off on a message board.

How'd that work out for you. I... win...again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

arent you a season ticket holder?  Or how about a Bucs fan?  Tell me how you are winning again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

arent you a season ticket holder?  Or how about a Bucs fan?  Tell me how you are winning again.

Bucs do something stupid, I explain why it's stupid. People call me stupid. Move gets proven to be stupid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doesn’t seem like you are winning, except every once in a while on the internets with some yahoos you don’t know.  Yippee!  Keep up the winning charlie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha. Pwnd by gametime. JC loses.

Please wait…

Viewing 177 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.