Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• Zach Shapiro

Keymaster

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barth supposedly worked on his kickoffs this off-season but it wasn’t enough to convince Denver. 

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I wonder if we have to pick up his salary from the Broncos or he gets that in addition to whatever we pay him. He was set to get $745,000 this year and $885,000 next year from the Broncos.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if we have to pick up his salary from the Broncos or he gets that in addition to whatever we pay him. He was set to get $745,000 this year and $885,000 next year from the Broncos.

Um, he was a free agent. Hello??That means "whoever signs him starts with a clean slate, salary wise".

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Um, he was a free agent. Hello??That means "whoever signs him starts with a clean slate, salary wise".

He was a free agent but it's not as cut and dry as you make it. Does he forfeit his Broncos salary by playing with another team? If so are the Buc's compensating him extra for that? That's why Lovie sat out for a year. He would have lost money by returning. It would be pretty stupid for Barth to forfeit $745,000 sitting at home to make $745,000 from the Buc's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Called it! Glad to see Barth Vader back. I always signed him up for life in Madden ;P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Awesome! Thank you thank you thank you!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was a free agent but it’s not as cut and dry as you make it. Does he forfeit his Broncos salary by playing with another team? If so are the Buc’s compensating him extra for that? That’s why Lovie sat out for a year. He would have lost money by returning. It would be pretty stupid for Barth to forfeit $745,000 sitting at home to make $745,000 from the Buc’s.

He was listed as a Unrestricted Free Agent which means we were free to negotiate a new deal. The deal with Tampa is supposed to be just south of $3mil over 2 years which is great money for a kicker. If Denver contracted him with guaranteed money, they were on the hook to pay that upon release and not the team picking him up. This is all just my elementary/armchair quarterback understanding.  :D

Please wait…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.