Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• TBChucky

Participant

I just can’t see it, but I guess you never know..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no benefit to bringing Brown in. That is what you evaluate when you are looking at Free Agency. Antonio Brown doesn’t make our team better. So you don’t bring him in. Pretty simple.

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

We have two elite WRs, just drafted a good looking prospect, 3 high profile TEs. This would be terrible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn’t bother me. He’s a dunce but he likes Brady for some reason, and vice versa. But Arians already said he isn’t interested in bringing in a potential locker room disasterpiece into the mix.

Please wait…

• Bootz04

Blocked

So we’re talking about adding another player who will want the ball to an already crowded passing game? There’s only one ball and if AB ain’t gettin it, he ain’t happy.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

[postquote quote=1294005]

All of this. Especially the last sentence.

Please wait…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Yes please. Brady can never have too many weapons.

Please wait…

• Wutt

Participant

For the love of god no. That dude is a headcase, and will probably be suspended as soon as he is signed anyways.

Please wait…

• Natural Selection

Participant

I would be excited to sign AB on a 1 year non guaranteed contract. I think the potential benefits greatly outweigh the potential negatives.

All concern about him being potentially cancerous seem overblown. If he is, he’ll be cut and gone. He’s not, and wouldn’t, represent an investment. He wouldn’t be counted on. He would be a bonus.

Obviously AB brings way more to the field than any 3rd receiver we have on roster (getting/keeping him there generally presents the problem). He also has a relationship and has worked with our new QB.

AB has potential to step seamlessly into larger roles depending on injuries during a hopefully long season.

Should AB be in the mindset to contribute to a team again, he’d be an extremely valuable asset to let walk in free agency. He legitimately represents a player who could fetch a 3rd round type compensatory pick after signing elsewhere.

I wouldn’t expect him to be a 1k yard/ 10 TD 3rd receiver, but does anyone think that’s well outside the realm of possibility? He could be the kind of asset that greatly elevates the offense in return for a modest 1 year contract. Seems like a low risk for potentially high reward, imo.

Please wait…

• Bootz04

Blocked

[postquote quote=1294020]

There’s a very big difference between building a competitive football and collecting pieces just because. Adding Gronk was overkill enough. Adding AB is headline grabbing and attention whoring. How does he make us a better team? Why take opportunities away from Evans/Godwin/Gronk/Howard/Brate/Running game? This isn’t the Pro Bowl.

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

[postquote quote=1294028] You’re an idiot. The guy won’t get the ball here and will throw tantrums. Guess guys like you don’t remember Winslow blowing up a 4-2 team because a TD went to Parker

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think if hes been at these workouts and the other buc players there don’t have issues with him and a big if he can stay out of the negative light then maybe he could be worth it. Big if tho and most likely won’t happen but I suppose you never say never.

Please wait…

• Natural Selection

Participant

@JC5100

You’re comparing apples to oranges, ignoring a key factor in my analysis. Winslow was acquired with a 2nd round draft pick in a trade and then given a massive contract extension. He was a large investment in both draft and cap resources. AB would be neither and thus easily discarded if your fears become justified.

Please wait…

• RudeGuy

Participant

Anyone here ever date a really attractive chick only to find out later on once the lust wore off she made your life a living hell because she was crazy all along?

Please wait…

• jcaulfield8

Participant

LOL at people comparing the winslow situation to this situation.
      Please remind me who was throwing the ball to winslow?
      Big difference in someone bitching about josh freeman getting them the ball and tom brady making a different decision.
      Only 2-3 qbs in the league could handle this situation. We have one of them.
      He would come in and prove himself, most likely sign elsewhere next year as a FA and a comp pick could head our way.

Yes do it. we are all in…take a chance on vet min and let it rip

Please wait…

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Given the potential this season for guys testing positive for you-know-what and being restricted from playing, adding extra potentially game-changing players ain’t such a bad idea…

Please wait…

• Barnz1

Participant

If AB is willing to take the vet min should we be interested? Absolutely! He is a million times better than any third WR can put out onto the field. AB could easily be cut at the first sign of trouble.

“Oh but we have Evans and Godwin”. Is two good WR’s the limit a team should try and collect? What if they get injured like they did last season? Or what if they get Corona? Miller is a slot WR who has a lot of question marks. Watson meh. Tyler Johnson was good value in the 5th but a rookie is not guaranteed to perform and he’s purely a one paced slot WR.

Bruce is going to put 3 WR’s on the field quite a bit. You can guarantee that. And there’s question marks on the players who will be getting snaps. AB also gives us versatility to use Godwin in the slot where statistically he was the most damaging slot WR in the league last season.

Seahawks have genuine interest. DK Metcalf – Tyler Lockett – Antonio Brown. Wow. No one will want to face that with Wilson throwing them the ball.

Please wait…

• Greattimes

Participant

AB isn’t a headache, he is a migraine!

Please wait…

• Mic

Participant

If someone goes down sure but there’s thing he might do that affect the culture in the lockerroom missing meetings demanding the ball etc that will mess with our flow

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

I thought Arians already said he wasn’t interested. Brady does know him though. So if Brady wants him, and we can get him at a bargain basement non-guaranteed price then I say go for it. He’d obviously have to be willing to be a 3rd WR, but it could work. Brady can find the best matchup, and if you put Evans, Godwin and Brown on the field at the same time with Gronk somebody’s going to have a favorable situation.

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

Please. Are we gonna churn this nonsense up again? BA already said no… and frankly, with the possibility of a season looking grimmer by the day, why bother? And I mean, why bother with the ridiculous speculation on a dead issue?

Please wait…

• creamsicles

Participant

I’d happily do a minimum contract for him. I have confidence that Tom can control the locker room, but make sure you could cut him easily. Besides, AB knows his next chance is his last chance and he brings a different skill set than the big 4.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The rumors are swirling hard. A few pundits have said they are hearing AB to the Bucs is in the works…stay tuned.

Please wait…

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Think about it. Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Antonio Brown. Imagine if you’re a defensive coordinator or a secondary coach and trying to game plan against that. Now, throw in Rob Gronkowski and OJ Howard and that will keep you awake at night.

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

There is no doubt he is a skilled player that would make the Bucs offense even more of a nightmare for opposing defenses. I don’t keep up with AB’s off-field controversies, but this from Wikipedia is troubling:

During and before the 2018 season, Brown was embroiled in numerous incidents in addition to causing drama within the Steelers organization. This included tossing furniture out of his 14th-floor apartment window in April, nearly hitting a 22-month old child on the patio below,[221] and getting cited for speeding in excess of 100 mph along a suburban highway.[222] Brown was later sued for the April incident.[223]

On September 10, 2019, Brown’s former trainer Britney Taylor filed a lawsuit alleging he sexually assaulted her thrice. She claimed that he exposed himself to her, ejaculated on her back, and finally raped her. Brown and his legal team denied the allegations.[224][225] On September 16, a second woman accused him of sexual misconduct. Pittsburgh-based Dr. Victor Prisk, who Brown worked with while with the Steelers, also sued Brown for $11,500 in unpaid fees.[226]

On January 13, 2020, following several domestic incidents in which police were called to Brown’s home in Hollywood, Florida, the Hollywood Police Department stated they no longer want Brown to be associated with their youth league (PAL). The Hollywood police department returned a check from Brown and issued a trespass order preventing him from being involved with their youth league while saying in a statement, “We do not want him to continue to affect our youth, or influence them in a negative way.”[227] Days later on January 21, it was reported that Brown and an accomplice had attacked a moving truck driver at the home. Brown’s trainer was arrested, while a warrant for Brown’s arrest was issued a day later with a felony charge of battery and burglary.[228] He turned himself in a night later on January 23.[229] Brown was officially charged with felony burglary of a vehicle, misdemeanor battery, and misdemeanor criminal mischief on March 20, 2020.[230] On June 12, 2020, Brown pleaded no contest for his recent charges and received two years of probation. He was also ordered to undergo 100 hours of community service, a 13-week anger management counseling program, and a psychological evaluation.[231]

(Footnotes omitted) Is he worth that kind of negative baggage??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please stop with the “We’d be impossible to scheme against…”. We are already loaded at WR. He’s too much of a social cancer on a team filled with players who are going to have to temper their output after last season.

Please wait…

• seekpar

Participant

No way. He’s a mental case. A “me” player, not a “team” player. Besides, 84 is already taken.

Please wait…

• Bootz04

Blocked

Not how football works, kiddo.

[postquote quote=1294119]

Please wait…

• Bootz04

Blocked

Please wait…

• LVBUC2

Participant

Bruce all ready said NO!!! Only one ball. No salary cap room. Gronk was overkill. We need to re=sign Godwin.

Please wait…

• Madman

Participant

Arians knows AB well. Too well. I’ve heard him respond to these rumors and it sounded like Hell To The No.

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.