Bucs team needs for 2020

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

Offensive tackle: Need to grab an OT badly. Smith is not a good fit for the Arians downfield passing attack and Dotson is a big question mark.

Offensive guard: Cappa made a huge improvement but if the Bucs have a chance at a mauler guard they should be aggressive and grab that guard.

Defensive line: B. Allen probably walks and the Bucs need a young DT to pair with Vea as Suh is also a question mark for the future.

Running back: I think Ogunbwale is set to return with RoJo. But the Bucs need to draft a RB. Not sure Barber returns either.

Wide Receiver: Perriman may be overpaid once he hits the market, and the position is vital to Arians offense. I predict the Bucs draft a WR in the mid rounds and don’t wait late to draft a WR this time around.

OLB: Like WR it is critical to build depth here because of scheme that heavily relies on the position. Shaq and JPP coming back would make it easier with Nelson. But a rotation here is vital.

QB: Winston returns but the Bucs have nothing behind him. Drafting a QB makes sense giving looming contract negotiations in 2021 which can go either way based on 2020 performance.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Build the trenches!

buc_boi
    Participant

Same as it was last offseason, QB and kicker.

Been our Achilles’ heel for years

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

OLB: Like WR it is critical to build depth here because of scheme that heavily relies on the position. Shaq and JPP coming back would make it easier with Nelson. But a rotation here is vital.

The Bucs can’t afford both unless JPP takes a cut.

QB: Winston returns but the Bucs have nothing behind him. Drafting a QB makes sense giving looming contract negotiations in 2021 which can go either way based on 2020 performance.

The probability of Winston walking away from the Bucs is growing.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    MagicMike
    Participant

Everyone mentions drafting a RT, but I believe drafting a LT would upgrade 2 positions, because we could slide Donovan Smith to RT where he’s probably a better fit.

I’d also look to draft a OC who would be far less expensive than Jensen and save the $11mm right there.

I’m torn between wanting to draft a RB or instead load up on OL.  I think upgrading the OL will help the RBs and also make Winston’s life easier.  But after watching Derrick Henry dominate, Najeh Harris looks like a clone of him and would be an awesome RB for the Bucs, especially behind an upgraded OL.

Resigning Shaq, JPP, and Suh are all MUSTs.  I’d make those 3 a priority over Winston, and then I’d see if Winston would take a reasonable deal – probably in the $20-22mm/year plus incentives.

Let Perriman sign elsewhere and recoup the comp pick we will likely get next year because someone else will overpay for him.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    ufcguy32
    Participant

Ok. It’s been said many many times. Smith cant play rt, he himself has come out and said he isnt a fit there and the footwork is completely different.  That being said , as good as it sounds you are now messing with chemistry on both sides of the line. Right now you draft a rt, that’s it. Next year you replace him after to avoid cap issues and dead money.  Cappa hopefully takes another step forward and he should. New right tackle solidifies the worst side of our line. You leave the rest. Draft dobbins out of osu in the 2nd if available. First round we go rt, or dt, 3rd I’m convinced he will draft another receiver to replace perriman, I think we have two 4ths. Trade back up and grab another olb, pass rusher. Or bpa. Safety I think we need a veteran to solidify the back end. I’m good with the cbs as of now.  Qb we are probably going with a free agent. I just dont think they are paying Winston.  Also note I’d trade 3 first round picks to get burrows. That kid is probably the surest thing I’ve seen come out. He absolutely is ridiculous in the clutch, doesnt turn the ball over and they push the ball down the field. he threw 500 times. I  doubt cincy trades but I like this kid more than Lawrence. as I’m just not sold on him.  I think hes overrated personally. I cant quite put my finger on it but he doesnt pass the eye test

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    LIBucsFan93
    Participant

Just out of curiosity, Do you expect the Bucs to sign Winston or Franchise him? According to reports Winston’s representatives are seeking Top 5 salary figures! That’s crazy. If the answer is franchise him. Do you honestly think Winston will play under a Franchise tag. Bell and Bryant set a bad precedent regarding the Franchise tag.

Signing Winston long term severely handcuffs the Bucs from signing both of their pending free agents and obtaining quality depth needed at RB, S and OL via Free Agency.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Pepsi
    Participant

Just out of curiosity, Do you expect the Bucs to sign Winston or Franchise him? According to reports Winston’s representatives are seeking Top 5 salary figures! That’s crazy. If the answer is franchise him. Do you honestly think Winston will play under a Franchise tag. Bell and Bryant set a bad precedent regarding the Franchise tag.

Signing Winston long term severely handcuffs the Bucs from signing both of their pending free agents and obtaining quality depth needed at RB, S and OL via Free Agency.

I suspect the Bucs arent entertaining a multi year deal at all, at least non that guaruntees more than one year.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    ShotCaller
    Participant

OL or DL in rd 1 this year

and a RB in rd 1 never.

best case jedrick or tristan. worst case epenesa or chaisson.

no thanks to YGM.

jon greenard from florida could be a situational pass rusher in rd 2-3. injury concerns but could be a real good 8-10 sack rotation guy.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BuccaNOLEer
    Participant

1.  O-Line

2.  RB

3.  D-Line

4.  QB

5.  WR

If we can get both Alabama tackles in the first two rounds, we’re set on the O-Line.  Smith can slide in to left guard and Marpet can go back to right guard.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

To answer your question I think the tag is in play because the Bucs want to field a competitive team in 2020.  Hard to do that if Winston comes close to top five money.

Which is why the Bucs drafting a QB in 2020 is a must.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Build the trenches!

buc_boi
    Participant

Are we keeping the reasons why we lost 9 games in context when determining this team needs list?

we did lose every single game because turnovers and missed field goals/extra points, not because the play of our top 10 ranked (PFF) oline.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    LIBucsFan93
    Participant

I agree but even a one year transition(25-27 million) or franchise tag (30-35 million) would hurt for the 2020 season cap. Especially when you consider Shaq is going to get 19-20 per season. Suh is going to want 10 million+ and JPP will likely ask the same or more. That’s in the neighborhood of 70 million on 4 players. So much for the 91 million cap space if that happens.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GoldsonAges
    Participant

Top needs
    OT – I would be inclined to draft a versatile tackle to start on the right side and eventually supplant DSmith at LT

Safety – Outside of Whitehead we have Adams who is average and a bunch of poor players. Arians is high on D’Cota Dixon who was injured in TC and he was set to be a starter if not for the injury. Not sure if that effects the decision but Arians himself identified Safety as a position of need and a position he would draft for if the right player is available in one of his last PC’s of 2019.

OC / OG – Bucs brass may not agree but I would be drafting talent for the interior OL for depth and eventual replacement of Jensen.

DT – Suh is on a 1 year rental if he comes back. Need a long term pair for Vea.

OLB – A 3-4 defense can’t have enough situational OLB pass rushers.

RB – First and foremost I would draft OL to improve my run game ahead of a RB. That being said, we could use another RB in case Barber leaves or as an upgrade over Dare.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GottaJaboo wrote:
    (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
    Update - UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.