Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Even though we are the home team, we are wearing white for this game. Not sure why.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Dislike this. Wish we would wear the reds.

Chiefs white unis look pretty shitty IMO. Wonder if this played into it with the NFL

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

It’s all about the mojo.

Bucs have been playing good in the white-on-pewter combo.

Dig it!

• buc_boi

Participant

I’ll be in pewter

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Link?

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

it’s all over the internet- can’t miss.

• seekpar

Participant

I’ll be in red #14.

ESPN said this afternoon that 8 of the last 10 SB winners wore white, and TB is 4-1 in the last 5 games wearing white. I like it.

Don’t defer if you win the toss too, take the ball and jump out in front.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

This right here. Keep Mahomes off the field.

• Roy

Participant

I think the Bucs will take the ball if they win, and will probably get the ball even if they don’t win the toss. The odds are 53% that the team that defers wins the game. So consequently teams usually defer. Vegas lists the odds of the team deferring for the Superbowl at 73%. The last two Superbowls the team deferred, the 49ers and the Rams.

So either way there’s a very good chance the Bucs will get the ball. The only caveat is that if the Chiefs do their homework they will realize that the Bucs want the ball, so if the Chiefs win the toss they could take the ball just to screw with the Bucs’ plans.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Per buccaneers.com:

The Bucs’ crisp white jerseys will be paired with pewter pants and black socks. Tampa Bay has worn the combination five times this year, including the regular and postseason. What’s more, is the Bucs have won each of those times. They debuted the combo for the first time in Week Six at home in a dominating win over the Green Bay Packers. Fittingly, they last wore the uniform in the aforementioned postseason rematch with the Packers, this time in Lambeau for the NFC Championship and again, came out with the win.

• m_j

Participant

color doesn’t matter, but red ann pewter would have been great, as it was way back in 2003

• kenntak

Participant

Maybe the Bucs will be the new Cowboys. White at home always.

• seekpar

Participant

WFT wears white at home also. Bucs were in red for the playoff game vs them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What?

Can’t believe it man.

I’ll betcha anything, none those punks is a virg …..oh, wait

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Wish we were able to wear pewter.

Also disagree with take the ball first.

The D is balling. I always want the ball at half.

• buc-in-out

Participant

We wore red last time we were in the Superbowl, was hoping to see them in red again.

• kenntak

Participant

I guess I am old school. I would nearly always take the ball first. It’s funny that offenses are the most potent in history, yet teams almost always defer.

• buccnation

Participant

I love getting the ball at half but I understand why Bruce likes getting the ball first.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Maybe Brady prefers the white jersey as a target. Just a thought.

• PatsfanrootingforBucs

Participant

White is easier to pick up your receiver, many QBs I’ve heard mention this. Add that both teams dominate color is red and I think its a smart move.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I understand the superstitious side of it. We are actually 5-0 in this combo!! 3-0 regular season and 2-0 postseason.
      However as fans you know when you try and get a feel or foresee a game in your head? I just felt us in our reds and KC in their whites gave me a much better feeling. It also would have added to the feeling of the Bucs at home. Now KC is in their home reds. Just one more small thing to neutralize the RJS situation.

Then the SB itself can be a myth of its own. Denver wanted to avoid orange curse. We are 1-0 in our reds and KC won vs Minn n SF in their reds but lost in the whites vs GB. So it feeds their fan base psyche for those that believe in this stuff.

Regardless of my ” vibe” I’m going to trust the organization and how they feel. Obviously the team who plays better should win but as fans sometimes you can’t help but let these quirky things get you thinking.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Maybe it was a team vote. We lost to them in the regular season wearing the red. White also makes you appear larger.

• JC5100

Participant

Since the logo switch in 1997 I don’t think they’ve ever worn white jerseys for a home night game (not counting pre-season). Always thought the best combo for home night games was red jerseys/white pants (Dolphins 1997, Oilers 1998, Seahawks 2008).

It would clash with the Chiefs white jersey/red pants but the Bucs actually wore this combo vs the Chiefs in 1999 and the Chiefs wore all white.

https://www.bucpower.com/1999game9.htm

• WaldoBuc

Participant

So now we can’t find the white Brady SB jersey anywhere! If I’m going to spend that kind of money on a jersey, I want it to match what they wear in the game.

How ridiculous that these aren’t available. Of course every website out there now partners with the Fanatics monopoly so they are out of stock at multiple retailers. Normally I love Fanatics but they had to know this was coming!

My favorite jersey/ pants combo is the red and pewter which I felt they should wear in honor of the 2002 team, but I understand Brady is all about the white and we have a good record in that combo as well.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.