Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• Commish987

Participant

http://cbsloc.al/1hiJh0R

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel fan boy.Wr and G are clearly biggest need.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nit sure if serious. Wait, yeaaaaaaa I’m sure you are.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Louis Murphy is currently our starter and you aren’t sure if I’m serious ? Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does it bug anyone else Justin comes in with a link and leaves without discussion?

Please wait…

• bnjsnow

Participant

Dont think we go QB..think they are ok w Glennon as back up in waiting..(even though Lovie did say in PC that they liked speed.”even at the QB position”, this day of win now…a QB is not the most pressing need…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dont think we go QB..think they are ok w Glennon as back up in waiting..(even though Lovie did say in PC that they liked speed."even at the QB position", this day of win now...a QB is not the most pressing need...

Dude look at our QB depth chart. We need a QB unless you are snookered by 5 good games in a career of crap by a McQB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fastest QB in this draft is 4.68 …so if we want speed at QB better wait until next year for Mariota and Hundley.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fastest QB in this draft is 4.68 ...so if we want speed at QB better wait until next year for Mariota and Hundley.

So we should take a gamble on NOT drafting a QB this year because there’s always next year? Can you guarantee me/us that we’ll be picking top 10 next year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Louis Murphy is currently our starter and you aren't sure if I'm serious ? Lol

You have a better chance of winning a SB with Murphy starting than McCown.WR is a bigger hole on the current roster, but a franchise QB is far more important than a great young WR.In saying that, the only QB I would take at 7 is Manziel. Bridgewater or Carr in round 2 would be very solid as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr is his "best fit"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The biggest factor I see in us NOT drafting a QB in the first round is signing someone $5million in FA. It would be a brave man to pick a QB @#7 with the intent of sitting him for a year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have a better chance of winning a SB with Murphy starting than McCown.

Nonsense . McCown was a solid player last season . Murphy never stood up from the end of his team's bench .Bring in a rookie with no weapons to throw to besides Vjax and a hodgepodge interior line and he's going to get murdered.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The biggest factor I see in us NOT drafting a QB in the first round is signing someone $5million in FA. It would be a brave man to pick a QB @#7 with the intent of sitting him for a year.

that $5mil is nothing. The 2 yr deal should tell you they have no thought of him being the long term guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Signing a $5 million FA is probably the lowest possible hurdle to drafting a QB at 7.  If you were talking normal starting QB money than I agree, but in a world where Romo/Cutler make $18 mil and Ryan/Flacco make $20...do you really feel like $5 million means anything?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t fault anyone wanting Johnny Football at 7. He would generate an interest in this team not seen in many years ever before. Regardless if he booms or busts it would be one hell of a ride. I can’t imagine a more exciting pick. Of course, he’ll likely be gone. I’m intrigued by Carr. I’m a little concerned about some of the other stuff about him. But, if they pick either one of these guys at 7, I’d be pumped.Bridgewater, however, No.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fastest QB in this draft is 4.68 ...so if we want speed at QB better wait until next year for Mariota and Hundley.

So we should take a gamble on NOT drafting a QB this year because there's always next year? Can you guarantee me/us that we'll be picking top 10 next year?

Won't have to . Mariota WinstonPetty Hundley All great prospects . Better than this year's  . Chances are the 4th best QB in the draft will still be on the board in the teens . Usually are . Even if we we are picking in the 20's a trade into the teen's is easily done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And by the 2015 draft every one of them will be overanalyzed and warts found…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Signing a backup is why? Gotcha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not against drafting QB , per se  , if the right one is there at the right time . But don’t tell me it’s our biggest need. McCown is very competent , and Glennon is an excellent backup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have a better chance of winning a SB with Murphy starting than McCown.

Nonsense . McCown was a solid player last season . Murphy never stood up from the end of his team's bench .Bring in a rookie with no weapons to throw to besides Vjax and a hodgepodge interior line and he's going to get murdered.

I'm not suggesting that anybody other than McCown should start at QB this season. My point was that if you don't have a top 10 or 15 QB, you have almost no chance of winning a SB. Nobody wants Murphy starting at WR, but you could win a SB with below average WR's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does it bug anyone else Justin comes in with a link and leaves without discussion?

Yeah, I like Justin quite a bit, but I wish he would participate in the threads he starts. Either that, or Mark and/or Scott should go on Justin's show, say only the URL for one of their articles and then hang up the phone. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be fair to Justin, he normally posts an article and by the 2nd page we’ve degenerated the thread into our normal troll fest.  He lays out his opinions pretty clearly, you just want him to wade into the filth to stroke your ego.  Hell, SR runs this place and how often does he get into a back and forth with the mob?  We obscure any intelligent football discussion in a haze of insults.  No respectable media folk should venture into the world of lightly moderated internet message boards, and God help me I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be fair to Justin, he normally posts an article and by the 2nd page we've degenerated the thread into our normal troll fest.  He lays out his opinions pretty clearly, you just want him to wade into the filth to stroke your ego.  Hell, SR runs this place and how often does he get into a back and forth with the mob?  We obscure any intelligent football discussion in a haze of insults.  No respectable media folk should venture into the world of lightly moderated internet message boards, and God help me I wouldn't want it any other way.

https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=17875Stroke an ego?  GTFO with that nonsense.  At least michealbot pastes the article in and its not a blatant attempt to drag traffic to his stations website.You must be in the media.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Manziel would be a fun pick but I am skeptical about him as I am with all the Qbs in this draft. He would be the most exciting pick of all the Qbs. I agree we probably have a bigger need at Wr after we signed McCown. I think he will be serviceable and Evans wouldn’t be a bad pick at all. I also really like Donald at 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You must be in the media.

Clearly we haven't met.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Truth.Palpe Swalpek also posts links without discussion.  Just as annoying.And I agree with JP, just not Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He has Carr as best fit?Carr threw it 50+ times per game.  Lovie described the offense as being balanced attack... power run.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B59WfOSgM8Q

Please wait…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.