Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 68 reply threads

• Author

• Skull and Bones

Participant

:D

• Anonymous

Inactive

on the clock

• Anonymous

Inactive

They keep doing this trading up thing expecting it to change the results…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Big money no whammies

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kwon Alwxander????

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another back up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

LSU Kwon Alexander

• Anonymous

Inactive

well hes a good athlete.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel like I am being trolled by my favorite team’s front office.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They obviously feel very strongly about some of these guys but I think there more chances you take, the better your odds are, i’d prefer to keep trading down but it doesn’t seem to be their thing, interested to see what we gave up this time

• mdclarie

Participant

Why trade up for these guys? Oy vey… Funny NFL.com lists his NFL comp as Dakota Watson...

• Anonymous

Inactive

not a fan of this pick.  convince me otherwise.  and what did we give up?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would’ve prefered Rashad Greene but I’ll take it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

gave up a 7th

• Anonymous

Inactive

not a fan of this pick.  convince me otherwise.  and what did we give up?

One of our sevenths. Not much but still

• vlagatta

what do they know that we do not?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably to steal him from the cowboys

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade up for Kwon but let the Pats have Tre Jackson in the 4th…  seriously think I could do a better job.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No worries.  I hear we will play him at punter. ;)

• Anonymous

Inactive

gave up a 7th

What are the odds some scrub 7th rounder is going to break the iron wall of our 53 man dream team?

• Anonymous

Inactive

what do they know that we do not?

With the advent of the internet and the availability of tape? Not much.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why trade up for these guys? Oy vey... Funny NFL.com lists his NFL comp as Dakota Watson...

Because they feel like they're players who grade well, and there's a team that may take them. Like Marpet, pretty sure Licht had an idea the Pats would take him so they have to jump 'em.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They keep doing this trading up thing expecting it to change the results...

LOL

• vlagatta

they have to know something about this guy that we are not aware of.I can remember not too long ago that some of our best players were coming from round 5......have a little faith.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What does the tape say about Kwon Alexander?

• Anonymous

Inactive

PewterReport.com ?@PewterReport  · 6m6 minutes ago  Not a huge fan of Kwon Alexander, who might move from OLB to MLB. Fast player, 4.55. #Bucs like fast LBs. 6-1, 227. Had 90 tackles last year

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why trade up for these guys? Oy vey... Funny NFL.com lists his NFL comp as Dakota Watson...

Because they feel like they're players who grade well, and there's a team that may take them. Like Marpet, pretty sure Licht had an idea the Pats would take him so they have to jump 'em.

So the Pats fuck us over even when they are not directly taking our draft picks and players? 

• rmslpn

Participant

He is seen by experts to continue that role as a 4-3 OLB due to his speed and NFL Network’s Mike Mayock commented on him and said, “Kwon Alexander is a linebacker that can run. Heavy production this year. I think he fits what today’s NFL is, which is they’re getting smaller and faster at the linebacker position. I think he’s probably a third- or fourth-round linebacker. I think he can fit any scheme. He can run. He’s not quite as much a downhill thumper, but that’s the old-school NFL. He fits what the NFL is today.”“He's got the play speed you want and he will step in and be a core special-teamer, too. When you dig around on him you find out that he has high character and that he's good in the locker room.” -- NFC director of college scoutingScouts can check a lot of boxed with Alexander. He possesses good overall athleticism, including terrific closing speed and explosive hands to shed blocks and knock the ball free. Alexander is sometimes too quick and aggressive for his own good, however. With a little better discipline, Alexander projects as a starting outside linebacker in a 4-3. Alexander sports a tapered, athletic build with room for additional muscle mass. He has very light feet, which helps him turn quickly and accelerate. He is an aggressive, tenacious defender that seems to enjoy the physicality of the game. He locates the football quickly and makes a bee-line for it, showing a violent shove and good lateral agility to slip past would-be blockers along the way. He closes emphatically, delivering violent hits often and showing good hand-eye coordination and savvy to rip at the ball when runners are vulnerable. In coverage, Alexander shows good agility and recognition of passing angles, working to remain between his responsibility and the quarterback.he is only 20 too

• Anonymous

Inactive

PewterReport.com ?@PewterReport  · 6m6 minutes ago  Not a huge fan of Kwon Alexander, who might move from OLB to MLB. Fast player, 4.55. #Bucs like fast LBs. 6-1, 227. Had 90 tackles last year

I don't hate the pick if the thought is he can be a coverage T2 MLB. If they picked him to stay at OLB it is a stupid pick.

• sansue

Participant

People are to pessimistic. Do you expect to get a star player with every 4th round pick? this was a petty good pick, I think. He’s a fast LB with decent pass rushing skills and will provide us some depth at LB

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade up for Kwon but let the Pats have Tre Jackson in the 4th...  seriously think I could do a better job.

careful cuz GameTime says we question everything as fans..and basically we should just STFU..i basically said the same thing on another thread and he took exception.

• vlagatta

poor man’s simeon rice?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade up for Kwon but let the Pats have Tre Jackson in the 4th...  seriously think I could do a better job.

Tre Jackson is garbage. He can't pass protect to save his life, he almost got Jameis killed in college let's not let him finish the job in the pros.  This is from a huge FSU fan. As for Alexander, he has crazy speed and extreme athleticism for a LB. Sounds like a Lovie Smith kind of guy, he's raw and unlikely to play on D this year but he's a guy Lovie probably wants to develop. Which is all you can expect on day 3 picks, we aren't looking for Week 1 starters folks. Just because we didn't take one of the few "sexy" day 3 names doesn't automatically make it garbage.

• Anonymous

Inactive

gave up a 7th

The first pick in the 7th round to be precise.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meh…..

• Anonymous

Inactive

Various sites have compared him to Dekoda Watson — fast and strong and great attitude, but horrible instincts and easily fooled.He will run very very fast in the wrong direction. Hence he is known for giving up big plays.He will be a very good special teamer, like Dekoda. But not much more. He might be able to rush off the edge, but then again we thought Dekoda would too, but we ended up cutting him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

careful cuz GameTime says we question everything as fans..and basically we should just STFU..i basically said the same thing on another thread and he took exception.

cant keep your feelings to one thread?  And you said nothing similar.

• vlagatta

who is GameTime?  sounds like I could have some fun at his expense

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tre Jackson was a name thrown around quite a bit as a fit for the Bucs leading up to the draft. Nobody mentioned Kwon……therefore, based on Red Board logic, he must suck and the FO are a bunch of idiots for making that move. SMH. Needed a QB, got a QB. Needed OL, got OL. Needed LB, got LB. See how it pans out.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cosell is a big fan of this guy; I heard him talk about him on the podcast with Doug Farrar. I actually like the players we are taking, but I'm not a fan of the trade-ups.

• vlagatta

stalk much?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Various sites have compared him to Dekoda Watson -- fast and strong and great attitude, but horrible instincts and easily fooled.He will run very very fast in the wrong direction. Hence he is known for giving up big plays.He will be a very good special teamer, like Dekoda. But not much more. He might be able to rush off the edge, but then again we thought Dekoda would too, but we ended up cutting him.

He led LSU with 90 tackles. Must be doing something right.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I recall, Cosell liked how much pop he had given his size – didn’t get glued to blockers like a lot of small guys.

• vlagatta

“He will run very very fast in the wrong direction”....sooooo he's like Booker13 ?

• Anonymous

Inactive

stalk much?

bawahahhahaha i respect GT you're  a very solid poster here.. thats the reason i brought him up on this thread..nothing more

• Anonymous

Inactive

"He will run very very fast in the wrong direction"....sooooo he's like Booker13 ?

In your head, I like it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tre Jackson was a name thrown around quite a bit as a fit for the Bucs leading up to the draft. Nobody mentioned Kwon......therefore, based on Red Board logic, he must suck and the FO are a bunch of idiots for making that move. SMH. Needed a QB, got a QB. Needed OL, got OL. Needed LB, got LB. See how it pans out.

Exactly.  Just because it wasn't on the radar doesn't make it a bad pick.  Also, did everyone forget we had some of the worst special teams in the league last year?  We desperately need guys that can contribute there. 

• mdclarie

Participant

Various sites have compared him to Dekoda Watson -- fast and strong and great attitude, but horrible instincts and easily fooled.He will run very very fast in the wrong direction. Hence he is known for giving up big plays.He will be a very good special teamer, like Dekoda. But not much more. He might be able to rush off the edge, but then again we thought Dekoda would too, but we ended up cutting him.

This is why I find this pick funny. Lovie gets rid of Dakota Watson then trades up to draft a guy that's compared to Dakota Watson... real head scratcher. Anyways, all we can do is hope for the best but the guy sounds like a special teamer at best.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Way to call his ass out Gametime. Just looking to incite negative attitudes towards anything this team does!

• rmslpn

Participant

because some site compares him to Dekota, it makes it true? lol,please stop embarrassing yourselvesI would put my money on Lovie when it comes to drafting defense over some site...sites are for amusement only, nothing more

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is seen by experts to continue that role as a 4-3 OLB due to his speed and NFL Network’s Mike Mayock commented on him and said, “Kwon Alexander is a linebacker that can run. Heavy production this year. I think he fits what today's NFL is, which is they're getting smaller and faster at the linebacker position. I think he's probably a third- or fourth-round linebacker. I think he can fit any scheme. He can run. He's not quite as much a downhill thumper, but that's the old-school NFL. He fits what the NFL is today.”“He's got the play speed you want and he will step in and be a core special-teamer, too. When you dig around on him you find out that he has high character and that he's good in the locker room.” -- NFC director of college scoutingScouts can check a lot of boxed with Alexander. He possesses good overall athleticism, including terrific closing speed and explosive hands to shed blocks and knock the ball free. Alexander is sometimes too quick and aggressive for his own good, however. With a little better discipline, Alexander projects as a starting outside linebacker in a 4-3. Alexander sports a tapered, athletic build with room for additional muscle mass. He has very light feet, which helps him turn quickly and accelerate. He is an aggressive, tenacious defender that seems to enjoy the physicality of the game. He locates the football quickly and makes a bee-line for it, showing a violent shove and good lateral agility to slip past would-be blockers along the way. He closes emphatically, delivering violent hits often and showing good hand-eye coordination and savvy to rip at the ball when runners are vulnerable. In coverage, Alexander shows good agility and recognition of passing angles, working to remain between his responsibility and the quarterback.he is only 20 too

If accurate, this is a problem pick?! Some people. Speed Kills.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why I find this pick funny. Lovie gets rid of Dakota Watson then trades up to draft a guy that's compared to Dakota Watson... real head scratcher. Anyways, all we can do is hope for the best but the guy sounds like a special teamer at best.

Just because he's compared to Watson doesn't mean his career is gonna turn out to be just like Watson. We got a starter on special teams with potential to eventually become a starting linebacker.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually like the players we are taking, but I'm not a fan of the trade-ups.

I'm in that boat as well.Also tired of some of the fan base acting like these trade ups are such brilliant chess moves, outsmarting the NFL by trading up for player who was just about to be drafted - everytime.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t we have 2 5th round picks?

• jeebz116

Participant

I think we gave up a 5th not a 7th.  Our 2nd 5th is no longer listed on NFL.com and our 7th is compensatory which means you can't trade it.

Well, that's because we gave that to Detroit for George Johnson.C'mon man, don't speculate. Instead, educate

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we gave up a 5th not a 7th.  Our 2nd 5th is no longer listed on NFL.com and our 7th is compensatory which means you can't trade it.

Nothing in this post is accurate.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, that's because we gave that to Detroit for George Johnson.C'mon man, don't speculate. Instead, educate

We gave up our 5th at the top of the round for Johnson.  We still have the Raven's 5th from the Zuts trade.

• Anonymous

Inactive

My bad, just was looking at tracker and it mixed me up. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

yeah, it was my bad.  Guess I get the dunce cap.  excuse me while I go sit in the corner.

• Anonymous

Inactive

One more pick until we find out which RB we take…

• jeebz116

Participant

We gave up our 5th at the top of the round for Johnson.  We still have the Raven's 5th from the Zuts trade.

FALSE! We gave up our 5th at the top of the round last year when we moved back into the 5th round to grab K. Edwards.We had NE's 5th round pick (end of 5th) from swapping our 6.1 with their 5.32 when NE traded for Jon Casillas.That 5th was given to Detroit for George Johnson, but we received Detroit's 7th.Don't play the game if you don't know the rules, and just start talking out of your ass with no frame of reference like child who wanders into a conversation.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well the tradition of ESPN going to commercial break when the Bucs are on the clock continues.Picked Kenny Bell...McShay and Polian love the pick. Ran 4.42 at combine and in the 4.3s at his pro day. Team captain that also averaged 25 yards a return. Polian said he was shocked he was still there and he had no QB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They obviously feel very strongly about some of these guys but I think there more chances you take, the better your odds are, i'd prefer to keep trading down but it doesn't seem to be their thing, interested to see what we gave up this time

I actually like the players we are taking, but I'm not a fan of the trade-ups.

If it's true that this draft had only 15-18 players worthy of a legitimate Round 1 grade, then it would seem that it's the perfect time to give up picks to get a guy that they have much confidence in.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tre Jackson is garbage. He can't pass protect to save his life, he almost got Jameis killed in college let's not let him finish the job in the pros.  This is from a huge FSU fan. As for Alexander, he has crazy speed and extreme athleticism for a LB. Sounds like a Lovie Smith kind of guy, he's raw and unlikely to play on D this year but he's a guy Lovie probably wants to develop. Which is all you can expect on day 3 picks, we aren't looking for Week 1 starters folks. Just because we didn't take one of the few "sexy" day 3 names doesn't automatically make it garbage.

The trade up is my issue. We're burning picks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tre Jackson was a name thrown around quite a bit as a fit for the Bucs leading up to the draft. Nobody mentioned Kwon......therefore, based on Red Board logic, he must suck and the FO are a bunch of idiots for making that move. SMH. Needed a QB, got a QB. Needed OL, got OL. Needed LB, got LB. See how it pans out.

Read the thread title.

• Anonymous

Inactive

because some site compares him to Dekota, it makes it true? lol,please stop embarrassing yourselvesI would put my money on Lovie when it comes to drafting defense over some site...sites are for amusement only, nothing more

Right because Lovie can look at tape and come to a correct decision while thousands of other eyes could never hope to outdo him. Give me a break.

• Anonymous

Inactive

FALSE! We gave up our 5th at the top of the round last year when we moved back into the 5th round to grab K. Edwards.We had NE's 5th round pick (end of 5th) from swapping our 6.1 with their 5.32 when NE traded for Jon Casillas.That 5th was given to Detroit for George Johnson, but we received Detroit's 7th.Don't play the game if you don't know the rules, and just start talking out of your ass with no frame of reference like child who wanders into a conversation.

frases-de-sheldon-cooper-ator-frase8.jpg

• Anonymous

Inactive

That has to go down as one of the most moronic posts of all time.  A troll on a forum thinking he knows more than an NFL scouting department. 

Viewing 68 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.