Viewing 66 reply threads

• Author

• The Freeman

Participant

According to the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs turned down Mike Glennon trade offers from “at least a half dozen teams” during the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs turned down Mike Glennon trade offers from "at least a half dozen teams" during the draft.

When the right teams start sniffing around you start to realize what you have. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And the highest offer was a 5th round pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…of course we don’t know what was offered. We turned down 6 offers of a ham and cheese sandwich plus a warm Fresca means a lot less than a couple of R2 offers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God forbid we release him and the Pats turn him into Brady’s successor.I'll bet my legs they tried to call.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If that is accurate, which I doubt, then we horse laughed them off the phone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God forbid we release him and the Pats turn him into Brady's successor.

The Pats got a better QB in the draft this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets check back on that in 5 years dumbdumb, I doubt it is accurate though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was no effort to trade Glennon.  None.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hahaha NO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been thinking the EXACT same thing as 10lbbass has along. Maybe they’ve just been getting a lot of offers and started to 2nd guess what they have, from good teams too I’m sure as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s quite obvious the Bucs have no intention of dumping Glennon. That makes some of you mad, I know. But I advise you to just accept reality.The way the Bucs were tossing players out during the offseason and getting nothing in return...yet for Glennon we were getting offers...and we didnt trade him suggests this new regime sees something in him. (and obviously a half-dozen other teams see something too).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Patriots do not have a better QB from this draft. Jimmy G is a punk, good riddance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Patriots do not have a better QB from this draft. Jimmy G is a punk, good riddance.

What did he do to earn "punk" status?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You know this how exactly? I love when people make absolute statements involving the draft when in fact, it's impossible to know anything involving draft picks as a certainty.On the other hand, Glennon actually has time in the league, and during some of that time, he showed potential. More than I or you or anyone can say for ANY of these drafted QBs (or any of these players).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht (On other teams’ interest in trading for Glennon)“Not necessarily trading, just feeling it out and I know that Mike has a very good reputation around the league about his developmental future.”From Buccaneers.com

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/10/bucs-turned-down-six-offers-to-trade-for-mike-glennon/Six offers. I'm not a huge Glennon fan but I have a lot of respect for the kid after the hell he went through last year with no help from the OC, OL, or HC. This was a gutsy effort by a kid thrown into the fire not just to perform but basically to save Schiano's butt. He did outstanding and I think Tedford, Loive & Co have the utmost respect for the guts he displayed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

link?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

link?

I'll give you a link as soon as you give me a link to where they received a better offer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

link?

I'll give you a link as soon as you give me a link to where they received a better offer.

Well that doesn't make sense at all, no wonder no one likes you around here 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was never any trade talk.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they could have gotten a 2nd round pick, he was gone.  Nobody wanted him for a 2nd round pick.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346963/article/mike-glennon-could-be-traded-for-secondround-pick

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Without actual proof they got offers it’s nothing but rumour and without knowing what the offers were the number of offers is meaningless.You show me some kind of solid proof that a legit offer was made and turn down and this means something.A bunch of "I heard from the friend, of the wife, of the Niners waterboy that the Niners offered their last pick in the 7th" is basically what we have have here.I'm far from a fan of Glennon and am all for replacing him but anyone offering less than a high 5th should have been hung up on without so much as "No" in reply.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Had to recoup a third at the least. Maybe Lovie would have drafted another running back. JK.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon is their guy then why sign McCown and have every QB known to man come in for a pre-draft visit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht/Lovie had absolutely no reason to trade him, unless someone offered a very hight pick. If they had, I think they’d have taken a G earlier and nabbed Aaron Murray in the 5th. The draft is a high-stakes poker game; takes nerve, as ya gotta milk everything you can get out of what you have, and Licht passed with flying PEWTER colors!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and Licht passed with flying PEWTER colors!!!

Won't know for 4-6 years

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Had to recoup a third at the least. Maybe Lovie would have drafted another running back. JK.

TBH, I don’t think a 3rd was enough. Licht knew our G situation, and to get a start-now caliber G in the draft would’ve taken another 2nd. We obviously wanted Jenkins with the 2nd we used on him…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon is their guy then why sign McCown and have every QB known to man come in for a pre-draft visit.

To mess with people like you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares that they signed McCown and brought in QB's for pre-draft workouts. They signed McCown to not only be the starting QB for this season but also as a veteran who Glennon can learn the pro game from. He would benefit more learning from him over Freeman would have been. As far as bringing QB's for workouts? It's like test driving a vehicle. You drive it around to get the feel of it and after your done driving you realize, you already have something just as got if not better already at home. Also to prove bringing in players for workouts don't matter. Look at Mike Evans, he never came to Tampa for a visit and the Bucs still drafted him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares that they signed McCown and brought in QB's for pre-draft workouts. They signed McCown to not only be the starting QB for this season but also as a veteran who Glennon can learn the pro game from. He would benefit more learning from him over Freeman would have been. As far as bringing QB's for workouts? It's like test driving a vehicle. You drive it around to get the feel of it and after your done driving you realize, you already have something just as got if not better already at home. Also to prove bringing in players for workouts don't matter. Look at Mike Evans, he never came to Tampa for a visit and the Bucs still drafted him.

Glennon doesn't need grooming. He's 24 with a year starting under his belt. McCown signing and all the QBs coming in means they don't want Glennon. They could have been targeting Bortles at 7 or Carr in the 2nd, but without a 4th they didn't have the ammo to move up. If Glennon was their guy they wouldn't have announced McCown the starter in March.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

its an interesting situation, if we love Glennon so much like Lovie says, why name Josh the starter immediately after signing him?  No QB competition at all.  It not like he is a rookie that needs to sit and learn Glennon already has a year under his belt.  Then we bring in every QB under the sun for a visit. Actions speak louder than words. it sounds like we tried somewhat to replace him but maybe had a certain guy at a certain spot targeted and when those moves didnt work out we decided to give Glennon the vote of confidence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People are really stretching to dis on Glennon. It IS the most important position on the team and Lovie has said as much. The only QB in this year’s draft that was out of reach was Bortles. They could have had every other QB in this draft if they had really wanted them.  But they chose to pass, which seems a clear indication that, at least for now, Glennon is their future QB. It ain’t rocket science.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the obvious and stated reason for naming McCown the starter is that they wanted a vet. I’m sure they saw some rookie habits in Glennon and wanted to start the year winning. Lovie witnessed the growth of Aaron Rogers first hand. His first couple of years in spring training he looked very average and all the fans up here were wanting to throw him under the bus. But after a couple of years of riding the pine and learning he came out on fire.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People are really stretching to dis on Glennon. It IS the most important position on the team and Lovie has said as much. The only QB in this year's draft that was out of reach was Bortles. They could have had every other QB in this draft if they had really wanted them.  But they chose to pass, which seems a clear indication that, at least for now, Glennon is their future QB. It ain't rocket science.

Just because they didn't grade Carr out as worth the #7 overall pick doesn't mean they didn't want him.  Same with Bridgewater or Manziel. If 1, 2 or all 3 of them were on the board in the 2nd round then we would have seen how they really feel about Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

its an interesting situation, if we love Glennon so much like Lovie says, why name Josh the starter immediately after signing him?  No QB competition at all.  It not like he is a rookie that needs to sit and learn Glennon already has a year under his belt.  Then we bring in every QB under the sun for a visit. Actions speak louder than words. it sounds like we tried somewhat to replace him but maybe had a certain guy at a certain spot targeted and when those moves didnt work out we decided to give Glennon the vote of confidence.

I have to disagree.  I can't knock a coach that takes over a team with a young QB and wants to bring in a vet he trusts as a security blanket.  Keep in mind that Lovie brought in McCown before he and his staff got a chance to work with Glennon.  As far as having no competition Lovie said that he was penciled in as starter at that point and that camp hasn't happened yet.  It is also possible to really like a player but feel that they aren't ready yet.I do agree that actions speak louder than words.  Us having access to every QB in this draft except Bortles and passing on all of them speaks volumes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People are really stretching to dis on Glennon. It IS the most important position on the team and Lovie has said as much. The only QB in this year's draft that was out of reach was Bortles. They could have had every other QB in this draft if they had really wanted them.  But they chose to pass, which seems a clear indication that, at least for now, Glennon is their future QB. It ain't rocket science.

Just because they didn't grade Carr out as worth the #7 overall pick doesn't mean they didn't want him.  Same with Bridgewater or Manziel. If 1, 2 or all 3 of them were on the board in the 2nd round then we would have seen how they really feel about Glennon.

The one thing we know for sure is they didn't like Carr at all.  The "Glennon is our QB of the future" came out after the first day of the draft before Carr was drafted.  Glennon will outperform this entire lot of lousy QBs I'm sure of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The one thing we know for sure is they didn't like Carr at all.  The "Glennon is our QB of the future" came out after the first day of the draft before Carr was drafted.  Glennon will outperform this entire lot of lousy QBs I'm sure of it.

Pretty sure that's going to be hard to do, when you're riding the pine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've been thinking the EXACT same thing as 10lbbass has along. Maybe they've just been getting a lot of offers and started to 2nd guess what they have, from good teams too I'm sure as well.

I truly hope you're wrong about this. If we are relying on other teams talent evaluations over our own then we are screwed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t worry about a team listening to trade offers.  It would be quite foolish to not listen.  For the right price every player in the league is available for trade.  Hell the early 90’s Cowboy dynasty was built because Jimmy Johnson listened to a trade offer for his star runningback.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one offered more than a 4th probably. Not really big news.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sour. effin. grapes. If they'd wanted Carr, they would've and could've moved up. "Well, guys. There's our franchise QB with just a couple of teams in front of us. Bad news though; we don't have a fourth rounder to trade up to get him. Guess we'll stick with Glennon then."  ::)If the team felt their franchise QB was there, they would've gotten him. Period. You could package picks from this year and next. Maybe you overpay a little bit by offering up the third to move up ahead of Oakland in the 2nd round. Maybe you try to deal the 7th pick, move down and take Manziel or Bridgewater. Hell, maybe you pull the trigger at 7. No. They feel that Glennon is just as good if not better than the QBs in this year's draft. Geez, how less transparent could you possibly be? Take your agenda to the Giants board and convince Big Blue that Freeman should be the franchise and kick Eli to curb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs turned down Mike Glennon trade offers from "at least a half dozen teams" during the draft.

I believe this is a complete rumor started by Licht and Lovie to push Glennon to compete harder for the starting job.  I think there's a about 32 NFL teams who couldn't care less if they had Glennon on their roster or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon doesn't need grooming. He's 24 with a year starting under his belt. McCown signing and all the QBs coming in means they don't want Glennon. They could have been targeting Bortles at 7 or Carr in the 2nd, but without a 4th they didn't have the ammo to move up. If Glennon was their guy they wouldn't have announced McCown the starter in March.

Boy. You ran out of patience quick with Glennon. Why was that not the case with Freeman?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think its obvious they didn’t get any offers to their liking for Glennon.  So, Lovie did a little backtracking, a little smoothing over of hurt feelings, by saying, oh hell, Glennon was our guy all along. He is not going anywhere. He is the future. Now Glennon can unpack his suitcase, and settle in. I believe they needed to name McCown the starter, to get him signed. And if somehow, Glennon outperformed him in camp, Lovie will just say, oh well, the best man won. But I don't expect that to happen, McCown has looked pretty sharp so far.  So I think Glennon holds the clipboard, at least to start the season.  And the only way Glennon plays, is if McCown gets his bell rung. Or the team goes South late in the season. With nothing to play for, they may as well give Glennon all the snaps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh and 1 more thing. They will PS Brett Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…or maybe it was smoke season…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...or maybe it was smoke season...

Meaning they were not shopping him at all?Or, they got zero offers?I believe they shopped him, but got no where near the value they were hoping for. So, they pulled him back, and sent him a valentines day card, in the form of..."We love Mike, he is our future"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the calls were incoming, not shopping.  There wasn’t much to gain.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meaning they were not shopping him at all?Or, they got zero offers?I believe they shopped him, but got no where near the value they were hoping for. So, they pulled him back, and sent him a valentines day card, in the form of..."We love Mike, he is our future"

+1

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Never wanted to trade him. Some of you need to accept the fact you were smokescreened.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never wanted to trade him. Some of you need to accept the fact you were smokescreened.

If they got blown away with an offer, like a 2nd or something along those lines, he would be gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All this Glennon hate stems from his draft position. If he were a first rounder, Red Board would be clamoring for more time. Because he’s a third rounder: “We’ve seen enough.”  Stupid but expected.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

L&L never shopped him at all.  They received multiple offers and never even considered trading him.  After they evaluated this  class of QBs they were happy to have the two QBs they have.  It's really that simple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They had a competent starter in McCown. And they have a capable backup in Glennon. Roll with McCown this year, let it play out, and evaluate next year’s class.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they got blown away with an offer, like a 2nd or something along those lines, he would be gone.

Sorry man but its worth finding out how good Glennon can actually become over getting a 2nd round pick and hoping that player pans out in the NFL. Its like Lovie needs to give you some of you a hand written letter in order to accept that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry man but its worth finding out how good Glennon can actually become over getting a 2nd round pick and hoping that player pans out in the NFL. Its like Lovie needs to give you some of you a hand written letter in order to accept that.

I agree with all that actually. I am glad he is staying.  I think they may have wanted to gauge his value, thats all.  

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They did not get another/better QB than Glennon. They passed on all the QBs they thought to be worse than Glennon, which i applaud.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even if the traded him for a 2nd round pick, you are forced to take a QB with that 2nd round pick. You can’t roll into camp without a viable back-up option. Now maybe you think the QBs on the board in the 2nd round had more potential than Glennon….but that’s Lovie and Licht’s call. They evaluated Glennon, they evaluated the QBs in the draft, they got trade offers and in the end….they decided keeping Glennon was the best option. It’s stupid to sit here and 2nd guess when you dont know all the factors of the decision.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All this Glennon hate stems from his draft position. If he were a first rounder, Red Board would be clamoring for more time. Because he's a third rounder: "We've seen enough."  Stupid but expected.

You keep telling us why we hate him because it can't be for a legit reason can it?Are you aware of how dumb that comment you posted is?A 3rd rounder just won the Super Bowl, Tom Brady is the greatest/most successful QB of his generation and he was a 6th rounder, Joe Montana is the GOAT IMO and he was a 3d rounder, Brad Johnson who got us our lone Super Bowl win was a 9th rounder.It can't be that they simply don't like him because of his game film can it?Care to tell us any more reasons (that can easily be shot down) why we hate Glennon?"Because he's a Schiano pick" well so is David and he's almost universally loved by Bucs fans so bang goes that idea."Because he's ugly" It seems the ones that bring up his looks the most are actually those trying to defend him and can't grasp the fact that some may not like him for his play on the field, the guy could look like Joseph Merrick and if he could play people wouldn't care, to me Glennon is no more goofy looking than Manning.If he'd flashed any type of potential on the field (please don't point to a meaningless stat line) people would be will to give him time.I've seen this asked a bunch of times and asked it myself a few times with zero answers so I'll try again...If Glennon is a future franchise guy and has shown potential where did he show it? Where is the game he took over and carried the team, the "we got our guy" drive, the "holy crap" throw, the 4th qtr comeback, something to show the potential is there?We saw it from Freeman as a rookie and again in 2010 which is why he got at  least a year longer than he should have, also lets not pretend that draft position doesn't factor into it in any way, it does for the simple reason of investment, teams are bound to give the guy you invest more in a longer time to prove himself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All this Glennon hate stems from his draft position. If he were a first rounder, Red Board would be clamoring for more time. Because he's a third rounder: "We've seen enough."  Stupid but expected.

You keep telling us why we hate him because it can't be for a legit reason can it?Are you aware of how dumb that comment you posted is?A 3rd rounder just won the Super Bowl, Tom Brady is the greatest/most successful QB of his generation and he was a 6th rounder, Joe Montana is the GOAT IMO and he was a 3d rounder, Brad Johnson who got us our lone Super Bowl win was a 9th rounder.It can't be that they simply don't like him because of his game film can it?Care to tell us any more reasons (that can easily be shot down) why we hate Glennon?"Because he's a Schiano pick" well so is David and he's almost universally loved by Bucs fans so bang goes that idea."Because he's ugly" It seems the ones that bring up his looks the most are actually those trying to defend him and can't grasp the fact that some may not like him for his play on the field, the guy could look like Joseph Merrick and if he could play people wouldn't care, to me Glennon is no more goofy looking than Manning.If he'd flashed any type of potential on the field (please don't point to a meaningless stat line) people would be will to give him time.I've seen this asked a bunch of times and asked it myself a few times with zero answers so I'll try again...If Glennon is a future franchise guy and has shown potential where did he show it? Where is the game he took over and carried the team, the "we got our guy" drive, the "holy crap" throw, the 4th qtr comeback, something to show the potential is there?We saw it from Freeman as a rookie and again in 2010 which is why he got at  least a year longer than he should have, also lets not pretend that draft position doesn't factor into it in any way, it does for the simple reason of investment, teams are bound to give the guy you invest more in a longer time to prove himself.

What I'm saying is that because of where he was drafted, haters would rather cut bait and move on because the team didn't make such a large investment. Keep hurling insults but it's you that doesn't understand when it's clear as day. Go back and compare Aryan's rookie year to Glennon's. They're  similar. Why weren't Atlanta fans calling for his head?  Patience worked out well for him. Why not with Glennon?"Put the team on his back"???????? What team? Tim Wright? Tiquan Underwood? Bobby Rainey. Give me an effin break. "Flashed any type of potential"??????? My best friends are diehard Seahawk fans. Ask them about his potential. Dude made a decent amount of great plays. However, folks like you care not to acknowledge it and throw a losing record at his feet. Blame him for the incompetent conservative philosophy of our HC every time we took the lead. Hollered "no excuses" every time a skill player was IR'd.  Dismiss things like his TD:INT ratio because it's convenient. "Well, if you take away the 80 yd TD pass to Underwood, he really didn't do much else in the 2nd half." -JDub. It's that kind of crap that's been floating around for the last 6-7 months that tells me this nothing but haters continuing to hate after their man crush wasn't drafted. This is the second staff now that sees something in the kid. And the haters can't stand it.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

What I'm saying is that because of where he was drafted, haters would rather cut bait and move on because the team didn't make such a large investment. Keep hurling insults but it's you that doesn't understand when it's clear as day. Go back and compare Aryan's rookie year to Glennon's. They're  similar. Why weren't Atlanta fans calling for his head?  Patience worked out well for him. Why not with Glennon?"Put the team on his back"???????? What team? Tim Wright? Tiquan Underwood? Bobby Rainey. Give me an effin break. "Flashed any type of potential"??????? My best friends are diehard Seahawk fans. Ask them about his potential. Dude made a decent amount of great plays. However, folks like you care not to acknowledge it and throw a losing record at his feet. Blame him for the incompetent conservative philosophy of our HC every time we took the lead. Hollered "no excuses" every time a skill player was IR'd.  Dismiss things like his TD:INT ratio because it's convenient. "Well, if you take away the 80 yd TD pass to Underwood, he really didn't do much else in the 2nd half." -JDub. It's that kind of crap that's been floating around for the last 6-7 months that tells me this nothing but haters continuing to hate after their man crush wasn't drafted. This is the second staff now that sees something in the kid. And the haters can't stand it.

This is a great post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boy. You ran out of patience quick with Glennon. Why was that not the case with Freeman?

Ran out of patience with Lovie and Licht. We need to know if Glennon is the guy. Going 6-10, 7-9 with McCown is a waste of time and money.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon was a 1st rounder half of this board would have had an aneurysm on draft day last year.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

If Glennon was a 1st rounder half of this board would have had an aneurysm on draft day last year.

Especially since we didn't have a 1st rounder. That would have been pretty amazing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Especially since we didn't have a 1st rounder. That would have been pretty amazing.

We would have had to use this years 1st. That would have done it.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Jdouble had an aneurysm last year when we drafted him in the 3rd . Again this year around round 5 when he realized we weren’t going to trade him or draft a replacement. Poor baby has quit the board now . Woe is he.

Please wait…

Viewing 66 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.