Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• adkindo

Participant

Kicker – Jose Borregales, U of Miami
      – rated by most sites the #1 kicker in the draft, 2020 Lou Groza Award Winner

EDGE – Leighton McCarthy, FAU
      – Apopka guy played @ Wekiva High School, was a basketball convert that only played 2 years of high school football.

OG – Sadarius Hutcherson, South Carolina
      – ranked #276 Overall and #22 Guard in the draft by ESPN. Measures 6’4″ & 320 lbs. with a 31.5 inch vertical, 500+ pound bench and 650 pound squat.

• adkindo

Participant

WR – TJ Simmons – WVU
      – played in the slot. Transferred from Alabama. Production on field never matched talent.

• adkindo

Participant

OG – Calvin Ashley – FAMU
      – 6’7″ & 330 lbs. He is from Orlando and was a 5 Star recruit to Auburn in 2017. Transferred to FAU, and then to FAMU (wife and son reside in Tallahassee).

• adkindo

Participant

Free Safety – Camron Kinley – Navy
      – measured 6’1 & 201 lbs.

• adkindo

Participant

OLB/DB – Augustus Contressa, Stony Brook
      Safety – Lawrence White IV, Iowa State
      Defensive End – Elijah Ponder, Cincinnati

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I love Calvin Ashley and I’m surprised he didn’t get drafted!!! This guy is a monster!!! He will make this team!!!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Not sure any of these guys stick, tbh.

If they do its due to our cap situation.

• Jr.3

Participant

Their some film on Calvin Ashley playing RT for Auburn against Alabama . It’s actually not bad game film either.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Calvin Ashley may stick as the Bucs need a backup OT with the departure of Haeg.

Build the trenches!

• adkindo

Participant

Not sure any of these guys stick, tbh.

If they do its due to our cap situation.

with Succop coming off surgery, I would have to think Borregales has a chance. He could have probably signed with any team in the NFL and he chose Tampa Bay which makes me believe him and his agent think the odds are solid.

• adkindo

Participant

Practice squad is not terrible. Keeps a player with an organization on payroll ($8,400 week during season) and provides them with access to facilities to continue to work to make the squad via call up or next season.

• obuc

Participant

I actually had sadarius hutchinson in my mocks. Bucs like 330 6’4″ pounders who can maul.

• Biggs3535

Participant

I thought they might use one of the 7th’s on Borregales. Glad he signed with them.

• Bucman

Participant

Doubt we will get too many more guys to sign here. Agents and the players know the chances of making this team are slim to none.

As for the kicker hes not making the team. Teams need an extra kicker for camps so you don’t kill the starter. Unless Succop is awful in camp.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Calvin Ashley more upside then Kyle Trask?

100% serious. Unfortunately.

• adkindo

Participant

As for the kicker hes not making the team. Teams need an extra kicker for camps so you don’t kill the starter. Unless Succop is awful in camp.

So the best kicker in the country chose the Bucs to be camp competition? If so, he has the worst agent in the business.

• Bucman

Participant

They gave Succop 6.25 million in guaranteed money. Hes not going anywhere unless hes god awful in camp.

• adkindo

Participant

They gave Succop 6.25 million in guaranteed money. Hes not going anywhere unless hes god awful in camp.

I agree with that, but I struggle with the logic of Borregales choosing Tampa Bay unless the organization convinced him there was a potential path to a roster spot. Maybe they told him they were open to carrying 2 Kickers….they would not be the first team to have a place kicker for kicks 40 yards and in….and a separate kicker for kickoffs and long field goals. It is irrelevant until we see how Borregales performs in camp. He has a big leg, but he was not as accurate his first 3 years @ FIU as he was last year @ Miami.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I agree with that, but I struggle with the logic of Borregales choosing Tampa Bay unless the organization convinced him there was a potential path to a roster spot. Maybe they told him they were open to carrying 2 Kickers….they would not be the first team to have a place kicker for kicks 40 yards and in….and a separate kicker for kickoffs and long field goals. It is irrelevant until we see how Borregales performs in camp. He has a big leg, but he was not as accurate his first 3 years @ FIU as he was last year @ Miami.

Or maybe they told him he can make it as a punter

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.