Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

This excites me. I know he’s severely undersized especially for a WR but if he gets into open space..watch out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s short but at 195lbs he isn’t small. If he has the hands for it, he is an ideal slot. Fingers crossed for this working out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the ball comes out accurately in less than 2 seconds… I can see this working as a serious match up problem/decoy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta wonder why he only had 57 deceptions and one receiving TD in 4 years of college through.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You figure that we can use him as a slot WR in exactly the same way the Saints used Sproles as a slot WR by alignment even though on the roster his position was listed as RB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta wonder why he only had 57 deceptions and one receiving TD in 4 years of college through.

Its been a minute since UF had much of a passing game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Durability issues with himself and Chris Rainey.... They wanted at least one of them healthy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s refreshing to hear that the Bucs may possibly have an x factor on offense.  Key word being possibly. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s giving Brackins a run for the money; his greatest accomplishment as of yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder how many LB hits before he decides to go back to track

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Demps reminded me a lot of Percy Harvin while watching him during his first season at UF.  He was being used more in the slot with occasional carries mixed in.  The next year Charlie Weis took over as OC and moved him to RB full time. limiting him to primarily screen passes

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good. I said this might happen.There would be one catch though. He would HAVE to be in open space, and whatever qb throwing to him will have to make damn sure of that before the throw..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good. I said this might happen.There would be one catch though. He would HAVE to be in open space, and whatever qb throwing to him will have to make damn sure of that before the throw..

That rules out Glennon

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whew; good thing Sullivan isn’t the OC…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Catching the football is NOT the easiest thing to do, especially when there’s a 240+ pound defender coming at you like a locomotive while you’re waiting for the football to arrive… Obviously it would be nice if he does become a solid receiver, even just part-time. I suspect he will be used very much like Sproles has been, as he is a VERY talented runner.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tim TebowOn another note he is a great size for a slot WR. Short, compact, and speed to burn. I hope he can run a route. We need to go anti gruden here and figure out how to get Vjax, Tim Wright, Demps, Martin and Rainey on the field at the same time.I like this move by Lovie. If it works out, I may forgive him for mike williams

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On another note he is a great size for a slot WR.

cmon. Since when is 5’8″ great size? And while he has world class straight line speed, does he have shiftyness? Stop-start? Can he read a defense? Can he find a spot in a zone? Does he have alligator arms?Lots of questions imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

cmon. Since when is 5'8" great size? And while he has world class straight line speed, does he have shiftyness? Stop-start? Can he read a defense? Can he find a spot in a zone? Does he have alligator arms?Lots of questions imo.

He has good vision and amazing speed.....but no. He doesn't have great shiftiness or stop/start. Which is why he makes much more sense as a slot receiver than he does a running back....as long as he can catch. He is certainly the type of guy that can take those 5 yard slants and take them the distance.....if he can catch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m nervous about his hands and durability, but I love the idea of giving him a shot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am obviously hoping Demps proves me wrong, but I cannot imagine him as a slot receiver.  If anything he is more of a zone, one cut and gone type runner, isn’t he?  He strikes me as more track guy than football player, but maybe that is unfair.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is easy enough to design an overload play, quick dump to a guy like Demps who can literally race through a hole without taking much of an angle to beat his opponent.  He is THAT fast.Jacked up to see this kid play as well!  If he can stay focused on damn football (he loves what he loves, track and field), he could make a nice name for himself and set his posterity up nicely.  He might be able to do nicely in track, but he won't sniff the six figure salary of an NFL player.My hunch?  He gets "hurt" early.  Training camp early, or pre-season.  And he pockets themoney, and gets ready for track again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread wouldn’t complete without a Demps highlight.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6PQ09oTu-4

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually hes only 5’7 not 5’8 Lol so ya undersized.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I envision this guys strictly in a Sproles type role….we can only hope that he’s anywhere similar.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

If Demps could pull this off it’d be great. Especially if Sammy is gone and we grab someone like Evans, Robinson, Matthews, etc. to play on the outside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually hes only 5'7 not 5'8 Lol so ya undersized.

Everything I see says his official height is 5'8 1/8"Not like it matters. He's short.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

cmon. Since when is 5'8" great size? And while he has world class straight line speed, does he have shiftyness? Stop-start? Can he read a defense? Can he find a spot in a zone? Does he have alligator arms?Lots of questions imo.

Plenty of short slot receivers around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

bucny – while there are plenty of short slot wrs around, do you really believe that 5’8″ is great size? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

height doesn’t matter for slot receiver. I would like for this to work but I don’t think it will for 2 reasons: 1 - I don't think his hands are good enough, and 2 - I don't think he has the ability to run routes and doesn't have the start/stop shifty speed  though his straight line speed is world classJust my opinion. I really hope it works. Hopefully we have a creative enough mind in Tedford to make the most of his speed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not convinced he has the hands or that he has the balls to go across the middle on a regular basis. Hopefully he’ll prove me wrong. I'd be stoked if we could land Landry to be our slot and Jeff Janis to be our #2 across from VJax. I'm not really buying into the hype of anybody on our roster when it comes to receiving options. It's just VJax and a bunch of trash as far as I can see. If Demps can prove to be a good returner for us, then I think we can sprinkle him in on offense, but I don't see him ever being a consistent receiver that plays a big role. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not really buying into the hype of anybody on our roster when it comes to receiving options. It's just VJax and a bunch of trash as far as I can see.

I completely agree with this. We need 2-3 WR draft picks in this draft.Imagine what this team will look like if we don't throw at least 2 picks at WR and we have VJax go down at any point in the season....yikes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We need to double dip on WR in this draft. If we DO go O-line and forego QB or Evans in round one then I’m down for going WR in rounds 2 and 3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brackins was just traded to Orlando. Maybe we can give him a call.

Please wait…

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.