Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Eric Horchy

Keymaster

One of Tampa Bay’s healthiest position groups in 2015 has also been its most volatile.Cornerbacks have been shuffled in and out of the rotation for 15 straight weeks as the search for a consistent combination failed to produce up to coaches’ expectations.https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/bucs-vague-on-cb-banks-role-future-with-club/

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier that same week: “Whoever is in there has to step up and do what the last guy was doing, if not better. It’s just all about understanding our defense.”[/b|And who's job is it to get the players to understand the defense? Two years into this with the same defensive system and they dont have any corners who understand the defense? All of the defensive coaches should be fired starting with the Head Coach.

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of the things I’ve disliked is that it doesn’t seem banks has gotten stronger since his rookie year, I’ve think by now he would be a physical jam corner that could match up with guys like Julio but he’s still too slow and weak to keep up with #1’sMaybe keeping Revis around would of let him continue to pick his brain.I hope we keep Banks and that he can find his way back, if not he's gonna reach his potential elsewhere, he has a skillset a smart coach can utilize to put him in the best position

• Anonymous

Inactive

Banks will probably be another former Buc to go on and flourish for another team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of the things I've disliked is that it doesn't seem banks has gotten stronger since his rookie year, I've think by now he would be a physical jam corner that could match up with guys like Julio but he's still too slow and weak to keep up with #1'sMaybe keeping Revis around would of let him continue to pick his brain.I hope we keep Banks and that he can find his way back, if not he's gonna reach his potential elsewhere, he has a skillset a smart coach can utilize to put him in the best position

funny because he’s had a couple good games against Jones before this year. I really believe it’s how he’s being utilized.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a lovie guy.Too slow for the distance asked to cover in Lovie's system (as if there is anyone).Lovie has already shown he gives two sh1ts..If they are "vague" about banks, but yet "will find a way to use" revis, ..he's as good as gone.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even though there is no guarantee they will be Bucs in 2017, I think Banks and Dotson are 2 players the Bucs will end up counting on in 2016. It seems that the Bucs like the tension of a contract year, and believe it can help a guy succeed like it did Martin.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Free Safety.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Free Safety.

For his next team.............

• Anonymous

Inactive

Banks isn’t any good. He will end up somewhere else as a back up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Banks will probably be another former Buc to go on and flourish for another team.

This.As many corners as this team has been through this year and last I just don't see how we are blaming the players.  No doubt you're gonna get a few turds, but we have previously successful players looking like crap.  We have guys with previous experience in this system not doing it right.  That's a coaching issue.

• Anonymous

Inactive

they are screwing around with banks and verner for that matter.  they should be starting.  too much tinkering with the lineup. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, are we saying the acorn don’t fall far from the tree? I think this secondary coaching group sucks hard and absolutely needs to be replaced, but we all know that’s not happening.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This.As many corners as this team has been through this year and last I just don't see how we are blaming the players.  No doubt you're gonna get a few turds, but we have previously successful players looking like crap.  We have guys with previous experience in this system not doing it right.  That's a coaching issue.

The kid had a good game against megatron at one time.What happened? o wait...I know..

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right now we have Vern (@6.75 mil), Jude, and Banks at CB under contract for 2016. I have a strong suspicion Banks will be on our roster opening day 2016.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The kid had a good game against megatron at one time.What happened? o wait...I know..

Megatron went off for like 150 and Banks got a lucky pick at the end. I wouldn't call that hallmark game, but I do think Banks is a decent player, better than Jude. I'm a Lovie defender, but I can't deny that he screwed the pooch on making the best use of his talent at CB and it cost us games, just like the the Kyle Brinzda saga early in the year. D-Line is more important in this scheme, so I won't be upset if we focus more there in the offseason, but we better go into next year with at least a clear and sensible depth chart at the CB position.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Title fixed.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.