Viewing 150 reply threads

• Author

• bradentonian

Participant

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news

Mike Glennon - QB - BuccaneersBucs GM Jason Licht said he had conversations with the Cardinals around the draft regarding QB Mike Glennon.Ultimately, the Bucs decided to keep Glennon after putting him on the trade block. They claim that's because they had a change of heart, but it's also possible that they simply weren't satisfied with compensation. Regardless, it's further confirmation that there's no real quarterback "battle" in Tampa -- Josh McCown is their starter. Meanwhile, the Cardinals drafted 34-year-old Carson Palmer's possible successor in fourth-round pick Logan Thomas.Related: CardinalsSource: Mike Jurecki on Twitter Jun 11 - 9:08 AM

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought Glennon was ahead in the QB battle?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is there a leader in June???  Tebow anyone?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weird. Could've sworn someone in here said it was Mike.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What we have here is… failure to communicate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There you go FRG.. your “tremendously underrated” boy Bruce Arians wanted to trade for Glennon. I would say he knows a thing or two about good QBs... Wouldn't you say?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Actually it's Tebow. He's been keeping himself fit and the Bucs are bringing him in.  Sounds like guns can be kept away from everyone but the mentally ill.  Interdasting. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Actually it's Tebow. He's been keeping himself fit and the Bucs are bringing him in.  Sounds like guns can be kept away from everyone but the mentally ill.  Interdasting.

Did you just tourettes spazz type something about guns?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are those two separate and unrelated questions?any mention of the baby jesus and football in the same discussion is bait.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There you go FRG.. your "tremendously underrated" boy Bruce Arians wanted to trade for Glennon. I would say he knows a thing or two about good QBs... Wouldn't you say?

Maybe Mike Glennon is the next Drew Bledsoe, maybe he's the next David Carr. I don't know. But no coach, scout GM, or whoever is always right. Lots of "tremendously underrated" coaches make bad decisions. I think Jon Gruden is a great coach who knows a lot about QBs and he hitched his wagon to Brian Griese instead of Aaron Rodgers. No one knows whether a move is good or bad until it has been proven to be good or bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

it was a hint, lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

No. It's called, "I'm losing all credibility, so I'll start derailing the topic at hand".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did anyone listen to the interview?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Obviously Mike Jurecki didn't, cuz even though he stated truth in that a conversation occurred between AZ and TB, Licht sure didn't sound like a guy who was entertaining offers in the interview. With that said, I still believe McCown starts, but I also believe Lovie's plan is to make sure Glennon is ready if McCown falters/gets injured.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Obviously Mike Jurecki didn't, cuz even though he stated truth in that a conversation occurred between AZ and TB, Licht sure didn't sound like a guy who was entertaining offers in the interview. With that said, I still believe McCown starts, but I also believe Lovie's plan is to make sure Glennon is ready if McCown falters/gets injured.

I think rotoworld did the embellishing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m no Glennon fan, but the kid put up pretty decent numbers last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if several QB needy teams inquired about him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm no Glennon fan, but the kid put up pretty decent numbers last year. I wouldn't be surprised if several QB needy teams inquired about him.

of course . . . and that is the beauty of offseason reporting, teams inquiring can be "teams inquiring" or it can be the Bucs putting Glennon "on the trade block"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you think there would be negative reports… if McCown had a rough practice session in these underwear days?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you think there would be negative reports... if McCown had a rough practice session in these underwear days?

I'm not sure. Maybe you should ask 10lb's sources.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you think there would be negative reports... if McCown had a rough practice session in these underwear days?

why wouldn't there be?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why wouldn't there be?

I dunno why there wasn't... maybe because they are practicing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why wouldn't there be?

let me get this straight, you're suggesting the media is in McCown's corner and/or against Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why wouldn't there be?

let me get this straight, you're suggesting the media is in McCown's corner and/or against Glennon?

My implication is that there is favoritism now, and in the past.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why wouldn't there be?

why would reporters choose a favorite over controversy? The goal is to write . . . controversy creates copy. Besides, do you really think a reporter watched McCown go, say, 6 of 11 at practice and then decide to report it as 11 of 11?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why wouldn't there be?

No, the media has always been on Glennon's side.  Did you hear the Duemig interview with Licht after the draft?  That's one example of many.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why wouldn't there be?

why would reporters choose a favorite over controversy? The goal is to write . . . controversy creates copy. Besides, do you really think a reporter watched McCown go, say, 6 of 11 at practice and then decide to report it as 11 of 11?

I dont think anyone is disputing the #s but some would have you think that McCown is head and shoulders in front of Glennon and that is definitely not the case.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why wouldn't there be?

...or maybe not mention that he went 6 of 11...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why wouldn't there be?

I dont think anyone is disputing the #s but some would have you think that McCown is head and shoulders in front of Glennon and that is definitely not the case.

Link?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link to what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The two hyper-Glennon guys are now claiming a media conspiracy is afoot?Just when you thought the Red Board couldn't slide any further . . . ughconspiracy.jpghey wait . . is that Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many reporters were needed to ask if Nicks still had a toe?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The two hyper-Glennon guys are now claiming a media conspiracy is afoot?Just when you thought the Red Board couldn't slide any further . . . ughconspiracy.jpghey wait . . is that Glennon?

You are the worst of the worst.  As soon as somebody disagrees with your opinion you insult them.  Class act.  Can't you have a discussion that may include an opinion you dont agree with?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link to what?

You're claiming that some of the media is making it out to be that McCown is "clearly" beating out Glennon. And you're claiming that's definitely not the case. I just wanted to see a link to your source on that. Or is it simply your opinion?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m by no means a Glennon hater and am more than willing to give him a chance, but good lord, give it up, Calico and 10lb. McCown clearly has the edge in this competition right now and most likely will be our starting QB come week 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm by no means a Glennon hater and am more than willing to give him a chance, but good lord, give it up, Calico and 10lb. McCown clearly has the edge in this competition right now and most likely will be our starting QB come week 1.

Hey, I've said it before... It's Lovie's call.  His guy is McCown, based on familiarity.Every time Lovie, or Tedford, or Arroyo is asked about McCown, they include Glennon and the entire QB room in their praise.  I expect a competition when they put on pads.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't you have a discussion that may include an opinion you dont agree with?

Like this "honest" opinion:

Plus it's being reported that Glennon has a slight edge right now - knows more of the Playbook.

look, don't troll around here and then play the victim when somebody calls you out for stupidity.  Suggesting that the media is conspiring against Glennon  . . .  . is . . . . well . . . crossing the river into la la land

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm by no means a Glennon hater and am more than willing to give him a chance, but good lord, give it up, Calico and 10lb. McCown clearly has the edge in this competition right now and most likely will be our starting QB come week 1.

They will piss and moan all season long if that's the case. Even if we're winning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are the worst of the worst.  As soon as somebody disagrees with your opinion you insult them.  Class act.  Can't you have a discussion that may include an opinion you dont agree with?

Weren't you the one who derailed this thread from the get go with an unrelated jab about guns toward Vin? Slow down with your hypocritical nonsense Sally.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They will piss and moan all season long if that's the case. Even if we're winning.

Just like I jumped off the Skyway when they drafted JFF?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just like I jumped off the Skyway when they drafted JFF?

I'm glad they didn't draft JFF. Would've been sad to see on the news that Glennon's two little sisters jumped off the Skyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus it's being reported that Glennon has a slight edge right now - knows more of the Playbook.

look, don't troll around here and then play the victim when somebody calls you out for stupidity.  Suggesting that the media is conspiring against Glennon  . . .  . is . . . . well . . . crossing the river into la la land

Media is "conspiring" against Glennon? I never said that, YOU said that I said that.  My football logic leads me to believe that a 2nd year QB who produced more TDs in his rookie season than his 34 year old competition ever has in a season, may have an edge in the competition regardless of what is being reported.  If you look at the game stats on paper combined with their age and experience you would have a hard time telling me Glennon does not have a slight lead with the coaching staff. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What does lovie have to do to prove mccown is the starter this year?..pass on every qb in the draft?..give mccown starter reps?..flat out SAY mccown is the starter?Maybe in a year or two there will be  qb battle, but for now..mccown owns his own destiny. There should be no argument as to who will be the starting qb for tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What does lovie have to do to prove mccown is the starter this year?..pass on every qb in the draft?..give mccown starter reps?..flat out SAY mccown is the starter?Maybe in a year or two there will be  qb battle, but for now..mccown owns his own destiny. There should be no argument as to who will be the starting qb for tampa.

This plus a billion

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Media is "conspiring" against Glennon? I never said that, YOU said that I said that.  My football logic leads me to believe that a 2nd year QB who produced more TDs in his rookie season than his 34 year old competition ever has in a season, may have an edge in the competition regardless of what is being reported.  If you look at the game stats on paper combined with their age and experience you would have a hard time telling me Glennon does not have a slight lead with the coaching staff.

Game stats on paperCompletion percentage: McCown #6, Glennon #26Yards per attempt: McCown: #6, Glennon #37Passer rating: McCown #3, Glennon #21

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Neanderthal_280_470743a.jpgYellow piss poor Journalism at it's best folks:"...the Bucs decided to keep Glennon after putting him on the trade block..."entering into preliminary discussions is not "putting a player on the trade block".Journalism students (if this Neanderthal even was one) should be compelled to take business courses.Or perhaps, it was intentional, to hook most of you.  It did create 4 pages of unwarranted reaction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Media is "conspiring" against Glennon? I never said that, 

Look, you've run the entire course now.  You started by making a false claim:

When that claim was knocked down you went to the suggestion that you had inside knowledge . ..  .

Does insider info mean info you've pulled out of your ass? Because I think that's all he's got.

Keep telling yourself that.

Now you're claiming that the media is reporting something other than the truth, no matter how you try to sugar coat it . .

No, the media has always been on Glennon's side.  Did you hear the Duemig interview with Licht after the draft?  That's one example of many.

so stop with the crocodile tears . .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Glennon is the started for the first game, all will be clear to you I’m sure of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Game stats on paperCompletion percentage: McCown #6, Glennon #26Yards per attempt: McCown: #6, Glennon #37Passer rating: McCown #3, Glennon #21

I'm talking about his entire career stats as well as age.  Age is a huge factor in this decision.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Duemig?Legitimacy Lost.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm talking about his entire career stats as well as age.  Age is a huge factor in this decision.

How silly of me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Glennon is the started for the first game, all will be clear to you I'm sure of it.

rt77f32.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Better idea to cherry pick some stats that are negative against Glennon.  Cute.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Glennon is the started for the first game, all will be clear to you I'm sure of it.

You are already clear to me, as illustrated. And, if Glennon starts game one I will be thrilled because he will have beaten McCown, who by all CREDIBLE accounts is off to a very strong start. I am a Buc fan, not a Glennon or McCown fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh, I see. Sorry Josh, even though you’ve clearly been the better QB since the start of OTA’s, we have to go with Mike because he’s…umm…younger.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bass is the ONLY board entertainment now a days.  Ironic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bass is the ONLY board entertainment now a days.  Ironic.

Not true...DJ is "back" and JC is always good for a laugh. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Confirmation that 10lb's "inside sources" are voices in his head that he believes are other people.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just wondering… How did that new tryout WR do in “practice” yesterday?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, I'd like to see Glennon get the nod, if he's capable (which I think he is), but McCown is Lovie's boy, and unless Glennon turns into mecha Manning/Montana/Young/Starr/Marino/Jorgensen/Brees/Brady, #12 will be under center game 1. Lovie is the same ol Lovie,which means while Glennon may have the upside of being younger, he'll be #2 for at least 2 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is the same ol Lovie,which means while Glennon may have the upside of being younger, he'll be #2 for at least 2 years.

So if that's the only upside or edge that Glennon has on McCown, why would he not be the backup?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember in 2007 when people on here were upset that Jeff Garcia was Gruden’s “boy” and Chris Simms wasn’t going to get a fair chance?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember in 2007 when people on here were upset that Jeff Garcia was Gruden's "boy" and Chris Simms wasn't going to get a fair chance?

No, but I remember when I bought a stupid Chris Simms jersey (thinking "BLOODLINES" he'll be great, APPLEWHITE SUCKED ) and watched as Griese sucked, and I wanted Simms to play. SMH, that was a huge waste of money, and years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, I'd like to see Glennon get the nod, if he's capable (which I think he is), but McCown is Lovie's boy, and unless Glennon turns into mecha Manning/Montana/Young/Starr/Marino/Jorgensen/Brees/Brady, #12 will be under center game 1. Lovie is the same ol Lovie,which means while Glennon may have the upside of being younger, he'll be #2 for at least 2 years.

right, so think about that in the context of a supposed media conspiracy. If you accept the premise - "#12 will be under center game 1. Lovie is the same ol Lovie,which means while Glennon may have the upside of being younger, he'll be #2 for at least 2 years" - then the compelling story during a slow offseason is NOT that #12 is outperforming Glennon, its that Glennon is outperforming #12 (i.e., quarterback CONTROVERSY) . . . and yet story after story so far say #12 outperforming Glennon

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is the same ol Lovie,which means while Glennon may have the upside of being younger, he'll be #2 for at least 2 years.

So if that's the only upside or edge that Glennon has on McCown, why would he not be the backup?

At this point, since I haven't seen the practice with my own eyes, I can't argue or support your statement in full. I honestly don't know if Glennon is better or has more upside, I think a fair comparison can't be made until the pads come on, and maybe not until preseason.But I think ED has reported both ways, I've read articles where McCown was 11 for 11, and I've read previous OTA reports talking about Glennon was 7 for 7. --My opinion, which doesn't mean squat, is that McCown is here to get Lovie's system implemented, and to help make sure Glennon is ready in 2 years. I fully expect Glennon to be the backup, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be happy if he won the job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So instead of having competition between two players and the better one starting, they should just choose the younger player?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is every thread going to turn into this stupid debate now ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Should we argue about whether or not they’ll be playing Tampa2?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Should we argue about whether or not they'll be playing Tampa2?

Mah sources say Lovie plans to install a 2-gap 46 defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is every thread going to turn into this stupid debate now ?

Ask Glennon's 2 little sisters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Media is "conspiring" against Glennon? I never said that, 

Look, you've run the entire course now.  You started by making a false claim:

When that claim was knocked down you went to the suggestion that you had inside knowledge . ..  .

Does insider info mean info you've pulled out of your ass? Because I think that's all he's got.

Keep telling yourself that.

Now you're claiming that the media is reporting something other than the truth, no matter how you try to sugar coat it . .

so stop with the crocodile tears . .

Wow. Owned by Vin.Flawless victoryFinish him

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only the mentally disabled will have easy access to guns. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only the mentally disabled will have easy access to guns. Lol.

whiteflag.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There you go FRG.. your "tremendously underrated" boy Bruce Arians wanted to trade for Glennon. I would say he knows a thing or two about good QBs... Wouldn't you say?

obviously the compensation wasn’t satisfiable so clearly Arians didn’t view him as anything more than a backup with some upside. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I want to see out of 2nd year QB’s is better accuracy and an increase in YPA.  Glennon’s has been a mixed bag with OTAs and mini camp thus far.  Lets see what the reports indicate for today’s practice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmmm…funny I haven’t heard one report of glennon getting any first string reps. I’d think that if lovie was even thinking about glennon being starter this year or it was really a competition lovie would want to see glennon with the starters at least once…..weird.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmmm...funny I haven't heard one report of glennon getting any first string reps. I'd think that if lovie was even thinking about glennon being starter this year or it was really a competition lovie would want to see glennon with the starters at least once.....weird.

Yeah... I've heard that they were splitting 1st team reps back in OTAs, tho'...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmmm...funny I haven't heard one report of glennon getting any first string reps. I'd think that if lovie was even thinking about glennon being starter this year or it was really a competition lovie would want to see glennon with the starters at least once.....weird.

Yeah... I've heard that they were splitting 1st team reps back in OTAs, tho'...

Link? I don't remember seeing it. Must have been the first days of ota s because glenbob is getting backup reps as if he's the backup qb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe you should consult with 10lb and his "sources".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe you should consult with 10lb and his "sources".

His sources?? Mah sources

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Confirmation that 10lb's "inside sources" are voices in his head that he believes are other people.

Priceless!!!

With that said, I still believe McCown starts, but I also believe Lovie's plan is to make sure Glennon is ready if McCown falters/gets injured.

I pray to God that that doesn't happen or we'll definitely be in the QB sweepstakes next year.

I'm not sure. Maybe you should ask 10lb's sources.

Sources? He ain't got no sources!!!

Link?

Don't hold your breath!!

And, if Glennon starts game one I will be thrilled because he will have beaten McCown, who by all CREDIBLE accounts is off to a very strong start. I am a Buc fan, not a Glennon or McCown fan.

If Glennon starts, i'd be ill because i truly believe it' would be because McCown faltered moreso than Glennon excelled.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What do you call a Tim Tebow thought?A Christian Ponder

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate makes it perfectly clear here that he hates Glennon more than he likes the Bucs.  Predicting if he is the QB it’s because McCown is horrible because there is no way a second year QB can make any progress.  Solid.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

This would be funny if all you guys trying to insult 10lb weren’t once Josh Freeman supporters.  The joke is on you.  At least Glennon is on the roster.  And he’s damn better then Freeman ever was.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What do you call a Tim Tebow thought?A Christian Ponder

Funny stuff...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This would be funny if all you guys trying to insult 10lb weren't once Josh Freeman supporters.  The joke is on you.  At least Glennon is on the roster.  And he's damn better then Freeman ever was.

Funny? Because I'll support whoever are QB is? Or because I don't think Glennon should be "handed" the job like his 2 little sisters think? Or questioning someone's opinion while they insinuate that they have BS inside sources?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This would be funny if all you guys trying to insult 10lb weren't once Josh Freeman supporters.  The joke is on you.  At least Glennon is on the roster.  And he's damn better then Freeman ever was.

Funny? Because I'll support whoever are QB is? Or because I don't think Glennon should be "handed" the job like his 2 little sisters think? Or questioning someone's opinion while they insinuate that they have BS inside sources?

Don't feed the troll (Java).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good God, how many accounts is that ladyboy lover up to now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate makes it perfectly clear here that he hates Glennon more than he likes the Bucs.  Predicting if he is the QB it's because McCown is horrible because there is no way a second year QB can make any progress.  Solid.

I see no upside in the guy.....will eat crow in heaping portions if i'm proven wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t read the whole thread, but as far them shopping him leading up to the draft, I thought that was pretty obvious. Then when they were not getting overwhelmed with offers, they went to plan B.  Which was, trade Mike? No way, he is our future !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't read the whole thread, but as far them shopping him leading up to the draft, I thought that was pretty obvious. Then when they were not getting overwhelmed with offers, they went to plan B.  Which was, trade Mike? No way, he is our future !

Yup!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't read the whole thread, but as far them shopping him leading up to the draft, I thought that was pretty obvious. Then when they were not getting overwhelmed with offers, they went to plan B.  Which was, trade Mike? No way, he is our future !

Did you miss when Lovie called Glennon and told him he had no idea where the rumors were coming from ... before the draft?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good God, how many accounts is that ladyboy lover up to now?

Who knows. He's one pathetic person.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you miss when Lovie called Glennon and told him he had no idea where the rumors were coming from ... before the draft?

Well, if that happened, they may have already determined at that point in time, they were not going to get squat for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, if that happened, they may have already determined at that point in time, they were not going to get squat for him.

Right - after setting rookie records, he has no value.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't he say he had big plans for Revis as well?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon sees the field this year, it’s gonna be a bad year for the Bucs. The arms race isn’t even close.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Quote from: The Anti-Java on Today at 09:14:29 PM —I didn’t read the whole thread, but as far them shopping him leading up to the draft, I thought that was pretty obvious. Then when they were not getting overwhelmed with offers, they went to plan B.  Which was, trade Mike? No way, he is our future !--- End quote ---There's pretty much no evidence that can't be interpreted in such a way as to support the already reached conclusion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon sees the field this year, it's gonna be a bad year for the Bucs. The arms race isn't even close.

Funny, might as well be Jackie Brown Eye, the Lakeland Ledger is fish wrap and less respected than JBF for Buc reporting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He DID have big plans for Revis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon sees the field this year, it's gonna be a bad year for the Bucs. The arms race isn't even close.

Funny, might as well be Jackie Brown Eye, the Lakeland Ledger is fish wrap and less respected than JBF for Buc reporting.

He's just a guy watching the practice or one with a Glennon vendetta.... but defintely one of the two.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He DID have big plans for Revis.

Nice try Miss Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's just a guy watching the practice or one with a Glennon vendetta.... but defintely one of the two.

Yeah, he's the lead and expert in the entire Tampa Bay area on all things Buccaneer.  Cowherd calls on him when he needs Buc info.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, he's the lead and expert in the entire Tampa Bay area on all things Buccaneer.  Cowherd calls on him when he needs Buc info.

did you forget the blue font?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Josh McCown is still head and shoulders above anyone in the QB battle. I can’t reiterate enough how in control of the offense Josh is. 6/11/14

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Josh McCown is still head and shoulders above anyone in the QB battle. I can't reiterate enough how in control of the offense Josh is. 6/11/14

8/12 with a pic.  Good #s but nothing compared to his competition.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Mark Cook was also supportive of Josh Freeman.    What the hell does he know?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Gospel of Mark?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Josh McCown is still head and shoulders above anyone in the QB battle. I can't reiterate enough how in control of the offense Josh is. 6/11/14

Quarterback Josh McCown had a lights out session of 7-on-7’s, including multiple throws into tight windows in risky situations. On the first play of the session, McCown delivered a strike to Vincent Jackson, who ran an explosive out route. Jackson’s hamstring injury that had held him out of OTAs didn’t seem to be an issue on Tuesday. Later on, the veteran signal caller jammed a pass in between the safety and cornerback on the left sideline for a 20 yard gain to receiver Skye Dawson.  McCown, who is entering 12th NFL season, completed 10 of his 11 attempted passes during the period. On the flip side, second year quarterback Mike Glennon did not have a great period of 7-on-7s  and was visibly frustrated with himself after a trio of incompletions. The N.C. State product hesitated on a throw to wide receiver Russell Shepard on the left sideline, which gave the safety the extra second he needed to break up the pass. Later on, safety Major Wright tipped a Mike Glennon pass that was headed down the seam and Danny Gorrer came up with the interception. Glennon finished the session with six completions and five incompletions.

Yep. McCown's got no chance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quarterback Josh McCown had a lights out session of 7-on-7’s, including multiple throws into tight windows in risky situations. On the first play of the session, McCown delivered a strike to Vincent Jackson, who ran an explosive out route. Jackson’s hamstring injury that had held him out of OTAs didn’t seem to be an issue on Tuesday. Later on, the veteran signal caller jammed a pass in between the safety and cornerback on the left sideline for a 20 yard gain to receiver Skye Dawson.  McCown, who is entering 12th NFL season, completed 10 of his 11 attempted passes during the period. On the flip side, second year quarterback Mike Glennon did not have a great period of 7-on-7s  and was visibly frustrated with himself after a trio of incompletions. The N.C. State product hesitated on a throw to wide receiver Russell Shepard on the left sideline, which gave the safety the extra second he needed to break up the pass. Later on, safety Major Wright tipped a Mike Glennon pass that was headed down the seam and Danny Gorrer came up with the interception. Glennon finished the session with six completions and five incompletions.

Yep. McCown's got no chance.

Yep - He's our June starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep – Let’s just hand the job to Glennon. Who cares if he’s getting outplayed? He is younger!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep - Let's just hand the job to Glennon. Who cares if he's getting outplayed? He is younger!

McCown has earned it already.  No pads, no season with more than 13 TDs, has pranced around to 4 teams.  Yeah, he's earned it already.  Go get 'em Josh!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope. It’s going to the guy who’s only upside over McCown is his youth. Crown us!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Am I the only one less then pleased about our GM name dropping other teams in media convo over failed trade discussions?  Is this something that is business as usual around the league?  Seems wildly counterproductive to me.Also, good thread guys. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman had glimmers in his 4 quarter magic. Glennon.. has looked the part of a game manager. Time will tell though. Glennon has no one to blame but himself for his future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the interview needs to be listened to to realize the full affect of the conversation. It appears a great deal to do with nothing. Context appears to have been completely missed by the guy quoted via rotoworld.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

did you forget the blue font?

I get that some of y'all want blue font sarcasm to be a thing, but the rest of the internet disagrees :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uh oh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this the future?

Lovie Smith:  Josh will start against the Panthers

10lbbass:  "what does he know, reports are Glennon has the lead . . .um, strike that . . .  I mean . . mah sources say Glennon starts and they're people who know. .  but I never said they were inside sources"CalicoJack55:  "it's a media conspiracy"10lbbass:  "yeah, that's it . . ..  but I am not saying its a media conspiracy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is starting because he’s Lovie’s boy. Even though McCown was better than Glennon last year and even though he’s better than him right now, the only reason he’ll start is because he is Lovie’s boy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yawn .

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

DonkeyHunter:   "Nope. It's going to the guy who's only upside over McCown is his youth. Crown us!!!!!"That's a damn poor argument, DH. If two players were equal in everything but age, the younger one has more of a future in front of him and greater chances of improving. Of course you would pick the younger player in that situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First play from scrimmage for 2014 season:

McCown: "Blue 43 ...blue 43... Delta ...hut, hut

10lbbass: "it's a trick play ..."CalicoJack55: " yeah, .... A trick play"

Stadium Announcer: "McCown completes to Jackson for 5, 2nd and 5"

10lbbass: "ugh ... media"CalicoJack55: " damn media"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just want the best guy to win, but from a pure message board entertainment perspective, I sure do hope Glennon takes the lead at some point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

18877 posts... and you're still not very good at this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

18877 posts... and you're still not very good at this.

And yet .., you responded? Ironic isn't it?C'mon now, you can't post some of the stuff you guys have and NOT have a sense of humor

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the 6-11 OTA update stated that McCown and Glennon both threw a pickquote:McCown finished the session with 8 completions on 12 attempts and one interception. Glennon  completed 9 of his 11 attempts and also threw an interception. but then earlier in the article reported the Rashaad Melvin dove over  Owusu, who slipped and fell, and Melvin got an int on Glennon, and then reports on one session where safety McDougald intercepted an overthrown ball by Glennon. Are these all different sessions? If so, how come no report on McCown's int? The last OTA report seems to have focused on details of two picks from Glennon, but didn't offer details of McCown's pick.? (or any other flubs from either qb, or Kafka)ED had done a good job in the past of giving pros and cons to each qb (if applicable) but this one didn't seem to want to paint a picture of any negative plays by McCown even though he completed 8 of 12 compared to 9 of 11 by Glennon, and McCown tossed a pick, but no details?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the 6-11 OTA update stated that McCown and Glennon both threw a pickquote:McCown finished the session with 8 completions on 12 attempts and one interception. Glennon  completed 9 of his 11 attempts and also threw an interception. but then earlier in the article reported the Rashaad Melvin dove over  Owusu, who slipped and fell, and Melvin got an int on Glennon, and then reports on one session where safety McDougald intercepted an overthrown ball by Glennon. Are these all different sessions? If so, how come no report on McCown's int? The last OTA report seems to have focused on details of two picks from Glennon, but didn't offer details of McCown's pick.? (or any other flubs from either qb, or Kafka)ED had done a good job in the past of giving pros and cons to each qb (if applicable) but this one didn't seem to want to paint a picture of any negative plays by McCown even though he completed 8 of 12 compared to 9 of 11 by Glennon, and McCown tossed a pick, but no details?

wow, do we need this offseason to end now . . . .ED is part of an anti-Glennon cabal?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It did seem like Ed went out of his way to make Glennon sound bad even though he and McCown had identical numbers on the day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

wow, do we need this offseason to end now . . . .ED is part of an anti-Glennon cabal?

I guess you missed the part where I stated ED had done a good job in the past, he provided details on both guys. I'm not calling a "poor Glennon" foul here, I'm simply wondering why we get details of two Glennon picks, but no details of McCown's?You need two sides of the story to make your own judgment, I'm just wanting more information about what both qb's did well and not so well. He stated an overthrown pass by Glennon caused one pick, and Owusu fell down + a leap over Owusu caused the other pick. --is it too much to ask to know what the gaffe was on McCown's int? was it a great play by the D, was it a bad pass by McCown?Based on the OTA report, all I know is McCown had one session where he went 8 of 12, but had a beautiful pass hauled in. And Glennon went 9 for 11 in one session, but overthrew one pass and had a receiver fall. That's not much to go on to say one is better then the other from that report. Maybe a deeper inside OTA report will be available to insiders soon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Almost, through a simple mis-print (wink, wink) making it sound like Glennon had both interceptions. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It did seem like Ed went out of his way to make Glennon sound bad even though he and McCown had identical numbers on the day.

Have you ever seen Ed?  Definitely a character assassin!!  Shady kid . . . very shady! :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess you missed the part where I stated ED had done a good job in the past, he provided details on both guys. I'm not calling a "poor Glennon" foul here, I'm simply wondering why we get details of two Glennon picks, but no details of McCown's?You need two sides of the story to make your own judgment, I'm just wanting more information about what both qb's did well and not so well. He stated an overthrown pass by Glennon caused one pick, and Owusu fell down + a leap over Owusu caused the other pick. --is it too much to ask to know what the gaffe was on McCown's int? was it a great play by the D, was it a bad pass by McCown?Based on the OTA report, all I know is McCown had one session where he went 8 of 12, but had a beautiful pass hauled in. And Glennon went 9 for 11 in one session, but overthrew one pass and had a receiver fall. That's not much to go on to say one is better then the other from that report. Maybe a deeper inside OTA report will be available to insiders soon?

Moose -- first, only joking around because of all the funny stuff posted in this thread. Second, re-read the part in blue above, this part - "this one didn't seem to want to paint a picture of any negative plays by McCown."  Compare that to this:  "hey, what happened on McCown's pick?" ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is starting because he's Lovie's boy. Even though McCown was better than Glennon last year and even though he's better than him right now, the only reason he'll start is because he is Lovie's boy.

One major component of being Lovie's boy is leadership.  It's vital for a QB to have it. Remember who started the first three games last year?I truly believe that Lovie/Licht/Tedford want Glennon to benefit by pairing him with a vet like McCown. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have you ever seen Ed?  Definitely a character assassin!!  Shady kid . . . very shady! :)

Not an assassin . I'm sure he's a good guy , but it could show an subconscious bias.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not an assassin . I'm sure he's a good guy , but it could show an subconscious bias.

oh no . . . he's deadly . . with the pen, I mean . . .  err .  . keyboard . .  yeah, deadly with the keyboard!  ;)[img]https://www.pewterreport.com/show_avatar.php?user_id=9145[/img]clearly an Anti-Glennon Lovie lackey . . . and a stone cold assassin!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People see things differently.  There’s no need for the hyperbole.  But, it’s hard to say “by all accounts”… and only quote one.

The defense finished off Day Two of the three-day minicamp Wednesday in impressive fashion, with CB Rashaan Melvin and S Bradley McDougald intercepting McCown on successive plays during the final 11-on-11 drill.

Link

The star of the secondary yesterday was Rashaan Melvin with two interceptions, one of the spectacular variety, ripping the ball out of the air and hands of Chris Owusu. Both picks came from Josh McCown throws.

Link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Without proper context, we have no idea what kinds of passes are getting completed nor intercepted. That’s pretty important. At this point, I hope they’re both throwing lots of INTs if that means they are challenging themselves to make difficult throws.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People see things differently.  There's no need for the hyperbole.  But, it's hard to say "by all accounts"... and only quote one.

The defense finished off Day Two of the three-day minicamp Wednesday in impressive fashion, with CB Rashaan Melvin and S Bradley McDougald intercepting McCown on successive plays during the final 11-on-11 drill.

Link

The star of the secondary yesterday was Rashaan Melvin with two interceptions, one of the spectacular variety, ripping the ball out of the air and hands of Chris Owusu. Both picks came from Josh McCown throws.

Link

WOW. and here we read ED associating Melvin and McDougald as intercepting Glennon.  Guess the PR picture might actually have been painted anti Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not going to blame Ed…  They aren’t allowed to do a lot of things during the session for obvious reasons.And, who can say Ed is the one who is wrong?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One example of many when “fans” can’t see things objectively.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People see things differently.  There's no need for the hyperbole.  But, it's hard to say "by all accounts"... and only quote one.

Link

Link

WOW. and here we read ED associating Melvin and McDougald as intercepting Glennon.  Guess the PR picture might actually have been painted anti Glennon.

Maybe 10lb is right and we are not being given the whole accurate story....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DonkeyHunter:   "Nope. It's going to the guy who's only upside over McCown is his youth. Crown us!!!!!"That's a damn poor argument, DH. If two players were equal in everything but age, the younger one has more of a future in front of him and greater chances of improving. Of course you would pick the younger player in that situation.

I'll try to make it easier for you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One example of many when "fans" can't see things objectively.

Pot...Kettle...

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“I’ll try to make it easier for you.”I'd appreciate that. Perhaps then your reach will not so frequently exceed your grasp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"I'll try to make it easier for you."I'd appreciate that. Perhaps then your reach will not so frequently exceed your grasp.

I figured the first time around was easy enough for everyone. My apologies I forgot about the likes of you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just want the best guy to win, but from a pure message board entertainment perspective, I sure do hope Glennon takes the lead at some point.

Haven't you heard......anonymous sources say he already has.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haven't you heard......anonymous sources say he already has.

No anonymous sources, just logic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Supposition: noun ?s?-p?-?zi-sh?n : an idea or theory that you believe is true even though you do not have proof

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

this thread truly delivers ….PR is now working for mccown! .. that damn Ed!!!!!

Please wait…

Viewing 150 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.