Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• spurzo

Participant

Can we please build up our lines through the draft. Watching the Panthers you see a physical team that wins at the line of scrimmage. Lotulelei and Short do so much for them, picked back to back in 2013. I would be perfectly happy taking d-linemen in the first two rounds. Spence then Sheldon Rankins, good start.

• rmslpn

Participant

I love Noah Spence, so much so I take him in RD 2, Alexander in rd 1my sleeper DL is Javon Hargrave , he is probably a 5th rd pick, looking forward to seeing him at the East west Shrine game/week

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be very happy if an edge rusher looks like the best player at any of our picks. If that situation came up with both our first two picks, wouldn’t hate that at all. I’m not as interested with any dlineman that doesn’t project at RE. Still would obviously take a heavier pass rusher BPA. Still remain most interested with building the other side of the line.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m startling to like the idea of pushing to sign Kelechi Osemele, high end FA guard.  Would do a lot to solidify our Oline. Jeff Allen would be another option

• Anonymous

Inactive

definitely want spence, whether we trade back a little and take him in 1st or if we’re able to get him in 2nd, that guy is what our pass rush needsi do also think we need to build the OL, need to protect the franchise QB, i like a few guys in the middle rounds, Max Tuerk, Josh Garnett, Rees Odhiambo, Brandon Shell, Jerald Hawkins, i think all of these guy can step in and start at OG very soon

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rd1. StanleyRd2. Spence

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don’t see Spence making it to round two unless I really misunderstand his off field issues. I’d think a guy that stayed clean all year, that asked to be routinely tested, and could hit the quarterback would be more likely to shoot up the board than fall into the second.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't see Spence making it to round two unless I really misunderstand his off field issues. I'd think a guy that stayed clean all year, that asked to be routinely tested, and could hit the quarterback would be more likely to shoot up the board than fall into the second.

yeah, i think the further we get into the process, the more he's going to shoot up draft boards

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't see Spence making it to round two unless I really misunderstand his off field issues. I'd think a guy that stayed clean all year, that asked to be routinely tested, and could hit the quarterback would be more likely to shoot up the board than fall into the second.

Your clairvoyant powers are correct.  He's not a 2nd rounder, he'll be top 15 atleast by the time the draft rolls around.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we please build up our lines through the draft. Watching the Panthers you see a physical team that wins at the line of scrimmage. Lotulelei and Short do so much for them, picked back to back in 2013. I would be perfectly happy taking d-linemen in the first two rounds. Spence then Sheldon Rankins, good start.

I fully support this idea in terms of concept. If you ain’t got a pass rush, you ain’t got nothing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would love to see our first 2 picks go to the D-Line. I would hate to see either of our first 2 picks go to Left Guard or Right Tackle.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would love to see our first 2 picks go to the D-Line. I would hate to see either of our first 2 picks go to Left Guard or Right Tackle.

. I’d love to see Buckner fall and go Buckner-Nassib.

• Anonymous

Inactive

. I'd love to see Buckner fall and go Buckner-Nassib.

I'd much rather have Robert Nkemdiche and Nassib, or even Spence and Nassib. Hopefully we sign guys in Free Agency too. D-Line is the position to go overboard on getting good players IMO.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys like Nkemdiche never pan out for us. They either get in trouble and ruin their careers or revitalize them in places like New England. F that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys like Nkemdiche never pan out for us. They either get in trouble and ruin their careers or revitalize them in places like New England. F that.

If he really is that bad a D Bag, then I expect this front office to realize it. I have no idea who Nkemdiche is as a person though, and I'm not going to try to guess based off one incident. I like his tape though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he really is that bad a D Bag, then I expect this front office to realize it. I have no idea who Nkemdiche is as a person though, and I'm not going to try to guess based off one incident. I like his tape though.

He jumps off the screen as one of the laziest players I have ever seen on tape. When you say you like his tape, are you talking game tape or highlight reel?  I can only fathom people wanting to spend a top 10 pick on him if they have only watched highlights.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He jumps off the screen as one of the laziest players I have ever seen on tape. When you say you like his tape, are you talking game tape or highlight reel?  I can only fathom people wanting to spend a top 10 pick on him if they have only watched highlights.

Yea, a lower ceiling version of Clowney...pass all day

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the only tape I've seen of him, and he is very impressive with how much he affects the game vs Bama, especially early. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co-mI212glUI didn't see him quitting on plays he could have made (any 300 pound man isn't going to be chasing every play from the backside)When I watched Noah Spences tape vs Kentucky, I did see Spence quit on a number plays that he could have made if he just kept going. Although I do like Spence's speed quite a bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GP-YTkbz_oBig difference in competition in these 2 tapes as well.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That Bama game was one of the ones that turned me off to him the most. Huge game for them and he is jogging all over the field from the 2nd snap. Dog (censored) effort.  Great athlete through.  Excited to see how he tests. Would never touch based on game tape alone. *Have not watched  Spence yet.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That Bama game was one of the ones that turned me off to him the most. Huge game for them and he is jogging all over the field from the 2nd snap. Dog (censored) effort.  Great athlete through.  Excited to see how he tests. Would never touch based on game tape alone. *Have not watched  Spence yet.

He had 6 tackles, 1/2 a sack, a lot of pressures, and was double teamed most the game. Not sure what you're watching.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched Donald get like a dozen damn tackles and a couple sacks in a half against someone who had a pretty decent line too.  Did it without immediately quitting if he wasn’t immediately in on the play. Did you see Clemson coming through that Bama line?  It is college football. I don’t know what to tell you if you don’t see lazy. We can agree to disagree on this prospect. I personally want no part of him.  Especially not projecting him out to 4-3 DE.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched Donald get like a dozen damn tackles and a couple sacks in a half against someone who had a pretty decent line too.  Did it without immediately quitting if he wasn't immediately in on the play. Did you see Clemson coming through that Bama line?  It is college football. I don't know what to tell you if you don't see lazy. We can agree to disagree on this prospect. I personally want no part of him.  Especially not projecting him out to 4-3 DE.

Can we get a third party to give their opinion on that tape? I saw a D-Lineman who affected that game a lot, but according to threadkiller Nkemdiche was just jogging around the field and is just lucky to be on the only team to be beat Bama this year.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co-mI212glU

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched Donald get like a dozen damn tackles and a couple sacks in a half against someone who had a pretty decent line too.  Did it without immediately quitting if he wasn't immediately in on the play. Did you see Clemson coming through that Bama line?  It is college football. I don't know what to tell you if you don't see lazy. We can agree to disagree on this prospect. I personally want no part of him.  Especially not projecting him out to 4-3 DE.

Not sure what Aaron Donald has to do with anything. Is he in the draft again this year?Can we get a third party to give their opinion on the Nkemdiche v Bama tape? I saw a D-Lineman who affected that game a lot, but according to threadkiller Nkemdiche was just jogging around the field and is just lucky to be on the only team to be beat Bama this year.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co-mI212glU

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watch them all. Anyone who likes Billings highlights, watch his tapes as well. The Internet has become a great resource for hacks like us. That Bama game was the first of his I watched. Wanted to see them in a hyped game, see him full bore, and he is the laziest football player I have ever focused on. I don't do this a bunch, I haven't done it a long time. I'm sure there have been lazier football players, I just haven't watched them. So I watched him jog through 2 more games to see if it was an off night or he was carrying a knock.  The effort level was the same. I have seen several other people say the same thing. Show me the game tape I can watch where he is going through the whistle on even 75% of his snaps. I don't think it's out there. *Mentioned Donald as a like top 10ish DL talent. A penetrating 3tech or LE in a 4-3 scheme.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watch them all. Anyone who likes Billings highlights, watch his tapes as well. The Internet has become a great resource for hacks like us. That Bama game was the first of his I watched. Wanted to see them in a hyped game, see him full bore, and he is the laziest football player I have ever focused on. I don't do this a bunch, I haven't done it a long time. I'm sure there have been lazier football players, I just haven't watched them. So I watched him jog through 2 more games to see if it was an off night or he was carrying a knock.  The effort level was the same. I have seen several other people say the same thing. Show me the game tape I can watch where he is going through the whistle on even 75% of his snaps. I don't think it's out there. *Mentioned Donald as a like top 10ish DL talent. A penetrating 3tech or LE in a 4-3 scheme.

There are no Donalds in this draft. Donald is fast enough he could play Linebacker. That's what makes him so special. You're not giving Nkemdiche credit for the amount of energy he is expending just to get penetration, usually against a double team, at the snap. Gerald McCoy doesn't chase down a lot of plays from the backside either. His job is getting quick penetration and pressure, and he's good at it. So's Nkemdiche.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be perfectly happy with going OL with our 1st two picks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If there is not a top 10 level pass rushing defensive lineman, don’t force the pick. It really is that simple. He is no where near a top 10 talent on the field. None of our players give anywhere near as poor an effort. We would be screaming on them every week if they did. We killed MJ for his preseason effort level a couple years ago and it was much higher than what I see from Robert every game of his I watch.  I don’t know if you can coach up effort as bad as his. I certainly don’t want to try at the cost of a first round pick. Certainly not top 10.

• ruodrik

Participant

As long as the Bucs invest via draft each year into their lines they will continue to progress.    A big portion of their mediocrity came because they went so long without adding young line talent to the offense side.  Last year was a huge stepping stone.  A true 1st year of a rebuild.  All the other plans were trying to patch a broken product rather than build one up.

• tlclay74

^^This...Protect the Cash Cow!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly! When it gets to our pick, if there's an OL rated higher than a DE or CB that's there; I would hate to see reach simply to reach.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly! When it gets to our pick, if there's an OL rated higher than a DE or CB that's there; I would hate to see reach simply to reach.

Tunsil is going early,  and I like Alexander but Nkmediche or Spence would do way more for us imo

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tunsil is going early,  and I like Alexander but Nkmediche or Spence would do way more for us imo

A lot can and will change as far as prospects grading out leading up to the draft. I'm all for a DE if he's the highest rated player when we pick. But, there's no way I pass on a higher graded OL simply to reach for an area of need.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m all for investing in the lines via the draft. These positions affect every single play. Our offensive line was addressed nicely in the last draft. The defensive line hasn’t been addressed in years. I want to say not really since we double dipped McCoy/Brian Price and Adrian Clayborn/DeQuan Bowers. Long time ago and most of those were flops

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t be opposed. To build a team, you get your franchise QB, then you protect him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would love to have one those defenses that attacks qbs with a fearsome pass rush. It’s been a long time since we had one of those.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.