Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author

• FLASH

Participant

One of my favorite all-time actors. “Smokey and the Bandit” is a classic. As a kid I wanted to be Burt in that black Trans Am back in the day. RIP Burt.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/06/entertainment/burt-reynolds-has-died/index.html

Reynolds’ notoriety soared through the late 1970s and 1980s, during which time he spearheaded the “Smokey and the Bandit” and “Cannonball Run” movie franchises. He also earned People’s Choice Awards in 1979, 1982 and 1983 as all-around male entertainer of the year.

But he also turned down some of the biggest roles in Hollywood history.
      From James Bond to Hans Solo in George Lucas’ 1977 blockbuster “Star Wars,” Reynolds also reportedly was among Paramount Pictures’ top choices to play Michael Corleone in Francis Ford Coppola’s 1972 epic “The Godfather.”

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

Watch ol’ Bandit run!

• Anonymous

Inactive

co-owner of Tampa Bay Bandits, USFL football team from the ’80s

• Anonymous

Inactive

Burt had some great flicks that some might not be familiar with. Sharkys machine, Stick, Malone and of course Gator and White Lightning.

• Jed

Participant

Always a fun guy. He loved to have a great time. I loved to watch him and Johnny on the Tonight Show. You always knew something crazy was going to happen.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Sad to hear of his passing. I always enjoyed watching his movies. Burt Reynolds, Jackie Gleason, and Jerry Reed together again in Heaven. May they all RIP.

Nice touch by FSU to honor Burt with a special helmet decal.

The Florida State Seminoles will honor alumnus Burt Reynolds with a helmet decal that reads “BAN ONE,” a reference to Reynolds’ movie “Smokey and the Bandit.”

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24608050/florida-state-seminoles-honor-burt-reynolds-helmet-decal

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Burt Reynolds, "Smokey and the Bandit" star, dead at 82’ is closed to new replies.