Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• RudeGuy

Participant

I know this was Winston’s first start and he has time to redeem himself. This being said, where are all you clowns who said he was “NFL Ready” and how he could step right in last season and look better than McCown/Glennon? Now don’t attack me if you are brave enough to respond. I want you to defend your statements. Don’t make me call you all out by screen name.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I personally am a fan of Winston. But even before the game, before the preseason, I said he won’t do anything without more help up front. Getting a LT rookie who many projected as a RT and a division 3 guard are not good enough for me. I have never been a fan of of our Center, GB let him go for a reason. He just isn't that good, Centers are NOT expensive.Mankins isn't worth his salary. If he was he would still be in NE. Dotson is being brought down by the talent around him. And to top is off our OL coach should've been fired in the offseason as many news outlets in the TB area called for. Winston may never be MM, but we will never find out with our current OL personnel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do think it’s funny how the majority of people on here were bashing Mariota fans because they all said he wasn’t ready, was a project, and wasn’t a leader. Winston was the guy ready to come in and win. People have to admit it’s pretty funny because the exact opposite happened yesterday. Mariota looked like the nfl ready qb while Winston looks like the project. Also Mariota looks like the cool calm leader grown men want around them. Not the overly emotional guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those spread guys though, lmfao.Tampa lost one of the best prospects of all time because of  homerism.Good job bucs! I knew you could do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good job bucs! I knew you could do it.

It's a Bucs life!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bump this thread after week 17.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I personally am a fan of Winston. But even before the game, before the preseason, I said he won't do anything without more help up front. Getting a LT rookie who many projected as a RT and a division 3 guard are not good enough for me. I have never been a fan of of our Center, GB let him go for a reason. He just isn't that good, Centers are NOT expensive.Mankins isn't worth his salary. If he was he would still be in NE. Dotson is being brought down by the talent around him. And to top is off our OL coach should've been fired in the offseason as many news outlets in the TB area called for. Winston may never be MM, but we will never find out with our current OL personnel.

These are all the things the Glennon supporters complained about. So maybe we should have used that #1 overall to address several of these issues via extra picks and decent vet players. In Tampa it's always about replacing the QB. It has been for many, many years. Look at the long list. Some have gone to win Super Bowls.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bump this thread after week 17.

How does this change the OP?"Where are all you clowns who said he was "NFL Ready" and how he could step right in last season and look better than McCown/Glennon?"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

RG3 (very similar prospect to Mariota) also had a great first career start. Hell even Freeman had a great debut he beat Aaron Rodgers. Andrew Luck one of the best pro ready QB prospects of all time had a bad first career start. Pro readiness is essential for a QBs career in the long run not for the first few games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I personally am a fan of Winston. But even before the game, before the preseason, I said he won't do anything without more help up front. Getting a LT rookie who many projected as a RT and a division 3 guard are not good enough for me. I have never been a fan of of our Center, GB let him go for a reason. He just isn't that good, Centers are NOT expensive.Mankins isn't worth his salary. If he was he would still be in NE. Dotson is being brought down by the talent around him. And to top is off our OL coach should've been fired in the offseason as many news outlets in the TB area called for. Winston may never be MM, but we will never find out with our current OL personnel.

These are all the things the Glennon supporters complained about. So maybe we should have used that #1 overall to address several of these issues via extra picks and decent vet players. In Tampa it's always about replacing the QB. It has been for many, many years. Look at the long list. Some have gone to win Super Bowls.

While I was sitting at the stadium yesterday, I think the best word I found for the team was dysfunctional.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Don't make me call you all out by screen name.

Holy crap don't do that!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This part just brought me so much rage and depression at the same time. We could have had him. Instead we drafted a shovel over him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

RG3 (very similar prospect to Mariota) also had a great first career start. Hell even Freeman had a great debut he beat Aaron Rodgers. Andrew Luck one of the best pro ready QB prospects of all time had a bad first career start. Pro readiness is essential for a QBs career in the long run not for the first few games.

Yeah, I don’t think people understand this yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Having a bad debut is fine but when is he going to look accurate, quick minded, coordinated, and smart with the ball?We haven't seen a glimpse of that yet. Is that too much to expect?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tampa lost one of the best prospects of all time because of  homerism.

Wow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Having a bad debut is fine but when is he going to look accurate, quick minded, coordinated, and smart with the ball?We haven't seen a glimpse of that yet. Is that too much to expect?

I admit I didn't watch the whole game but it was only the first game. He did show glimpses of greatness in the preseason though just like our O Line showed glimpses of being garbage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spend the off season talking about the concern you have for all the early and ugly ints thrown in college.  On the first NFL pass he throws as ugly of a pick six as you'll ever see. I choose to be entertained rather than upset. Go Bucs! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't make me call you all out by screen name.

Holy crap don't do that!

This is all you have on the subject ? Normally a much gabbier poster. Must still be in shock.

Please wait…

• robert33

Participant

Stop comparing qbs to others if you want go there what about Brady, nobody thought he would be good. He throws short passes and calm and quite .  Winston is a good Qb but not for our o-line. I thought he was pro ready like you all said. We got out coached and out played.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stop comparing qbs to others if you want go there what about Brady, nobody thought he would be good. He throws short passes and calm and quite .  Winston is a good Qb but not for our o-line. I thought he was pro ready like you all said. We got out coached and out played.

I don't think there is an excuse for the two picked flutter passes. These type passes don't even cut it at the college level.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do think it's funny how the majority of people on here were bashing Mariota fans because they all said he wasn't ready, was a project, and wasn't a leader. Winston was the guy ready to come in and win. People have to admit it's pretty funny because the exact opposite happened yesterday. Mariota looked like the nfl ready qb while Winston looks like the project. Also Mariota looks like the cool calm leader grown men want around them. Not the overly emotional guy.

Mariota looked better than just an "NFL ready" QB, while Winston looked like an average college QB.  Can't say each will maintain those respective levels, but  they just might.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do think it's funny how the majority of people on here were bashing Mariota fans because they all said he wasn't ready, was a project, and wasn't a leader. Winston was the guy ready to come in and win. People have to admit it's pretty funny because the exact opposite happened yesterday. Mariota looked like the nfl ready qb while Winston looks like the project. Also Mariota looks like the cool calm leader grown men want around them. Not the overly emotional guy.

Mariota looked better than just an "NFL ready" QB, while Winston looked like an average college QB.  Can't say each will maintain those respective levels, but  they just might.

I almost wished we had won the last game vs the Saints so L&L would not have had control of the QB pick. I have to keep reminding myself this is only the first game and the Titans beat KC the first game last season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still say it does not matter who plays behind our o-line. They will not look good. Posters kept calling me a Glennon Mob leader or whatever, but the fact remains that the o-line is the common denominator in three struggling QBs thus far.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't make me call you all out by one of your many screen names.

just "keepin it real" on the RB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tampa lost one of the best prospects of all time because of  homerism.

Wow.

Hilarious. Might want to see Mariota play a few games - against teams that can play defense - before you buy his jersey and wear it as a nightshirt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In all fairness, it's hard to be NFL ready, when your playing on a team that looks like it's being coached and schemed by Hofstra.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Excellent points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The real clowns are the ones still trying to defend him after all this (college games, combine, preseason workouts, etc)His footwork is horrible. He trips overhimself. His passing motion is a cross between tebow and leftwich, long and telegraphed.his decision making is subpar at bestHe had no redeeming qualities on view out there.Gonna be a long season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is it too late for a mulligan on that pick?

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

it was ONE gameQB ratings after  first NFL game 1 Marcus Mariota 158.332 Robert Griffin 139.93 Matt Ryan 137.024 Cam Newton 110.425 Jeff George 88.896 Mark Sanchez 84.347 David Carr 78.798 Rick Mirer 72.159 Drew Bledsoe 69.8610 Akili Smith 66.6711 Jameis Winston 63.9512 Eli Manning 60.4213 Peyton Manning 58.6114 Ryan Leaf 54.7715 Vince Young 53.1316 Sam Bradford 53.0717 Andrew Luck 52.9218 Joey Harrington 47.9219 Heath Shuler 45.8320 Troy Aikman 40.1821 Michael Vick 39.5822 Ryan Tannehill 3923 Art Schlinter 30.5624 Matthew Stafford 27.42

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One game of the same awful crap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is it too late for a mulligan on that pick?

Might be why Glennon is staying around.

Please wait…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.