Viewing 50 reply threads

• Author

• harrybucman

Participant

On a 1 year deal, per multiple sources.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Will be interesting to see the battle between him and Stidham.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can Cam temper his propensity to pout and complain? If so, I think they are Super Bowl contenders. If healthy and sane, Cam is as good as any QB in the league. Great move for the Pats. They have a real Auburn QB there now, who will be the starter week one.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

If healthy and sane, Cam is as good as any QB in the league.

Lolz…

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

I don’t think he takes a snap unless Stidham gets hurt/sick. The contract is apparently incentive laden, so he’s probably only going to make about the same amount as Winston… unless he plays. Newton has never been a good passer, a great athlete, but not that good of a QB overall. He has a .500 record for a reason. I don’t see how he beats out Stidham for the job. I can definitely see how Stiham losses it. Newton is an insurance plan in case crap happens.

Please wait…

• Bootz04

Blocked

It’s crazy to think a former league MVP can be as good as any QB in the league? That’s the LOL moment.

[postquote quote=1293842]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1293842]

Lack of true football intellect noted.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1293843]

Or Cam has already been named the starter.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Cam, like winston are both done as nfl starters.

Loved stidham coming out,and he will start…cam is a insurance policy, or so the Pat’s hope.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

[postquote quote=1293861]

Coming from you, the guy who publicly blew Licht for drafting Aguayo, I’ll take it as a compliment.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Cam is washed up and that’s ok it happens. He had one great year as MVP and took his team to the Super Bowl. He has had an ok career. At least Carolina got something from their first overall pick.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@tampaspicer wrote:

He had one great year as MVP and took his team to the Super Bowl.

Exactly. He had one great year. Looking at his career as a whole, you can make the argument that his 2015 campaign was an outlier.

If one wants to make the argument (10lbrodtoastgottajabooflatsteve) that “if healthy and sane, he’s as good as any QB in the league” based on his best year; then it’s only fair to compare him to other current QB’s single best season.

And, if we’re doing that, he’s not as good as:

Mahomes
      Brady
      Rodgers
      Brees
      Wilson
      Ryan
      Stafford

And, you could probably make the argument to add Ben and Lamar to that list.

Listen, Cam’s 2015 season was something very special. Not taking anything away from that. But, he’s not “as good as any QB in the league” when healthy.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Jaboo gonna loose his shit DH. You failed to put Winston on that list. LOL

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

[postquote quote=1293904]

Brady should make a video of himself running away from a fumble that he could of gone after in a SB.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Or Tom Brady can wear all his Super Bowl rings and wave to Cam on video. LOL

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

Las Vegas totally disagrees with you guys. MGM has Cam installed as the 9th best favorite to be this years MVP in a tie with Rogers and Kyler Murray. PFT says Cam is the favorite to win the starting job.

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

It was a good move for cam. Not sure how bill uses him or if he even plays much. Haven’t been impressed with him for a while. This could help his career if he takes advantage of the opportunity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1293907]

Brady should make a video of himself with pantyhose over his head, holding up one buc place.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1293866]

Stidham isn’t going to play a snap in 2020 as long as Cam stays healthy.

Lolz at “Loved Stidham coming out…” What a dork.

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

[postquote quote=1293931]

He’s a prophet and the GEAT ( greatest evaluator of all time )

Please wait…

• Barnz1

Participant

IF and big IF Cam starts they will be pulling the pin on him by mid to late in the season. They need to see what they have in Stidham before they hit the draft. It’s also worth mentioning the Pats lost a chunk of their defensive unit to free agency and didn’t really replace them. Didn’t rate their draft at all. They aren’t contenders.

Cam’s grading amongst other QB’s is not pretty reading recent years. And he’s going to be throwing to a 34 year old Edlemen, draft bust Harry, Sanu and no TE’s? Good luck.

Please wait…

• DerekPHFD

Participant

I don’t really think it’s if cam can not pout or any other nonsense. If he stays healthy, can he make the patriots better than the rest of the AFC east. The simple answer is yes. He took a not great panthers team to 15-1 not to long ago, and 2 years ago had them at 6-2. I don’t like his attitude as much as anyone, but he can win games. There is a running game, line, and d in New England. The weapons are not good at all. They are not better with cam than Brady. But until the bills prove the can get past BB, I don’t see how a healthy cam doesn’t make them the class of the division. But it does, of course, come down to health.

Please wait…

• DerekPHFD

Participant

He has an mvp more recently than Rodgers, has been to a Super Bowl more recently than Brees or Wilson, and is younger than all of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1293976]

Exactly. Which is why @Donkeyhunter’s comments are steeped in someone who doesn’t really know the game.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

[postquote quote=1293976]

He’s also had shoulder surgery and a Lisfranc fracture more recently than any of them as well.

You guys (and the dumbasses like Richard Sherman) act like he wasn’t re-signed by Carolina because of injuries and declining performance, and that he just signed a contract for peanuts because Bill Belichick is a master negotiator.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

[postquote quote=1293981]

Coming from a guy who claims without proof, that Dabo is intentionally infecting his players with COVID; I’ll take that as a compliment.

Coming from a guy who claims Mahomes is overrated.

You sure know your stuff…

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@DerekPHFD wrote:

He has an mvp more recently than Rodgers, has been to a Super Bowl more recently than Brees or Wilson, and is younger than all of them.

Yep. All of that is true.

You know what else is true? These stats SINCE that season:

Newton
      10,778 passing yards
      59% completion percentage
      65 TD’s
      44 INT’s
      1 playoff game

Rodgers
      14,547 passing yards
      63.6% completion percentage
      107 TD’s
      19 INT’s
      5 playoff games

Wilson
      15,760 yards
      64.3% completion percentage
      121 TD’s
      34 INT’s
      5 playoff games

It’s not even close.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1293997]

Cam’s divisive approach to the team is a huge reason he wasn’t resigned. If healthy, he’s one hell of a weapon. His tape looks really good.

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

I’ll say it. I would rather have Cam, a 4th round pick and $28M in extra cap space than Brady/Gronk. I think we’ll end up on the worse end of this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1294021]

I 100 percent agree. We are paying Brady for his name, not his current ability. It’s the point no Tampa fan really wants to own up to. We need results on the field and we vastly overpaid for something that is simply not there anymore. New England continues to outsmart the rest of the league. Tampa………not so much.

Please wait…

• DerekPHFD

Participant

If we are playing all sides of the argument, he was not resigned, he was cut. By a new regime. He was also cut late into the process, and covid happened so he couldn’t work out with teams to show his health.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

What exactly does “I think we’ll end up on the worse end of this” mean? Newton will outperform Brady? Patriots will win more than Bucs? What?

Please wait…

• RudeGuy

Participant

“Bailiff, whack his pee pee”

Please wait…

• Jed

Participant

[postquote quote=1294040]

We need results on the field and Cam is your guy? Have you watched him play the past 2 seasons? I’ll take my chances with Brady for two seasons. The 28 million will be there the 3rd season and so will the replacements for Suh and JPP.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1294074]

You do realize that Cam has been injured for the past two seasons. Try to take your personal hatred of Cam out of the equation. He’s a damn talented QB. He’ll thrive in New England.

Please wait…

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Interesting that the Patriots were willing to take a flyer on an injury-recovering Newton, but not on a healthy Winston…

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

[postquote quote=1294083]

Interesting indeed.

Cam is at least going to have a chance to compete.

Bill is one of the smartest to ever do it, so very telling.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@jed wrote:

We need results on the field and Cam is your guy? Have you watched him play the past 2 seasons? I’ll take my chances with Brady for two seasons.

Exactly.

And, let’s be real, Brady’s contract doesn’t even put him in the Top-10 of hugest paid contracts.

I might be wrong, but he’s basically tied with a few other as being right in the middle.

Please wait…

• Barnz1

Participant

Go unload all your savings on Cam/Pats quick! I’m sure you won’t regret it.

Definitely smart money betting on a guy who’s had serious injuries, has a career completion percentage of 59%, has a career record of 55-54 if you take out his one outlier pro bowl season and to top it off owns one of the worst SB chokes of all time in said season.

We’re aiming higher in Tampa.

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

[postquote quote=1294074]

For the 2018 season the Panthers were on All or Nothing and I came away impressed with him. A little immature and goofy, sure. But he has many more positive qualities.

As far as the cap situation, 3 of the top players on the team are UFA in 2021. The mismanagement of the cap has put them in the situation where they’re going to have to tag one, over pay or lose the other 2.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

[quote quote=1293866]Loved stidham coming out,and he will start…cam is a insurance policy, or so the Pat’s hope.[/quote]

Week 1 Depth Chart:

QB1 – Cam Newton
      QB2 – Brian Hoyer

Inactive QB3 – Jarrett Stidham

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Biggs you need to start charging me rent for the little bit of space you have in your head ,that I live in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol![postquote quote=1309752]

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

[postquote quote=1309756]

People like you love to pop off in the offseason, and those same people usually aren’t a fan of accountability after the fact.

Please wait…

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Yeah, when you prognosticate as effusively as all that, you just have to own it when you call it wrong. Especially when I am sure we will all here about it when the shit you threw at the wall stuck, just like you said it would…

Please wait…

• theknees

Participant

[postquote quote=1294047]

The Pats will win more than Tampa. Because, as of today, NE has a better D than Tampa. Tampa’s D is getting really good but, we have to stop giving the other team free points. Brady has cost us 14 points already in this young season. On pace for a 234 point season gift.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This from a guy who defended the leading turnover machine in the league. Jameis threw how many picks? How many pick 6’s? How many fumbles? Keep being mad because Jameis sucks fanboy. [postquote quote=1309823]

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

[postquote quote=1293866]

Penny you should resign from your self appointed role as the board’s prophet of prognostications and master talent evaluator.
      Just to name a few of your other epic failures:
      Bruce Arians will never be HC
      Haeg will start at RT
      Love is the second coming of Dan Marino
      There are about 10 others I can’t recall at this time, but you get my point. Give it up man. Your “I liked him coming out of college comments are an athlete’s the kiss of death.

Please wait…

• Jed

Participant

Some questioned if Cam could stay healthy all season. He might already have an issue with his hammy.

Please wait…

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

[quote quote=1309827]This from a guy who defended the leading turnover machine in the league[/quote]

Yeah.

No offense, 10lbrodtoastgottajabooknees…

…but you can’t spend an entire season claiming that 30 INT’s and half a dozen pick 6’s didn’t hurt the team last year, and then reverse course.

You can do better. We’re all in this boat together.

Please wait…

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.