Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• GoldsonAges

Participant

This game is going to be a great measuring stick on so many levels.Maybe the most important is, can our defense rattle the rookie QB, take the ball away and virtually win the game for us? This is what we expect from the Tampa Two defense.Other things to take note of:Can our OL protections make up for our lack of talent?Can Jameis protect the ball?Can we run the ball?Can our rookie QB and WRs take advantage of a huge mismatch vs. Tennessee's secondary?Can our back 7 take away the short throw from Mariota and force him into mistakes?Can we get pressure and sacks on Mariota? Coaching wise, are we prepared? Or do we look sloppy? It is pretty sad when the Titans are a good measuring stick, but in all reality, we are both not good football teams at this point. If we have trouble with Tennessee, it could be a very long season as a Bucs fan. But if we excel in most of our matchups there will be cause for a slight amount of optimism. If we measure up well vs. Tennessee it means we should have a chance against the lesser teams this year, in thoery anyway.That's my take on this game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs bring a good pass rush, the.mn yes they can win this game. But will they be able to block and let Jameis do his thing?  Probably not. So it will be ugly if there is a Bucs pass rush. A real ugly, low scoring game. But, I feel as if the Bucs pass rush is weak, and will be exploited. And the oline will be baffled by Dick LeBeau's defensive play calls. Titans win by two scores, IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ig Doug Martin isn’t getting it done, the defense will have to…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ig Doug Martin isn't getting it done, the defense will have to...

If Doug Martin is getting it done, I can assure that Winston will be too.You know that, yet your butthurt lingers. I'm sure you'll watch the Jets game to see if Leonard carries his team to a win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i wouldnt bust out the measuring stick until week 3 or 4

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I think it will be close and low scoring. Both teams pound the rock to take the pressure off the qbs. Maybe 17-14 or something like that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just looking through Tennessee’s roster, man they are crap.  In terms of roster talent we are a far better team but our crumby oline and lack of DE’s could cripple us enough to make it a game.  I'm not by any means saying we will definitely win because I watched us play sloppy and unorganized all of last year, resulting in losses to bad teams on a weekly basis.  It's just amazing to see how crappy the Titans roster is

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

If the Bucs bring a good pass rush, the.mn yes they can win this game. But will they be able to block and let Jameis do his thing?  Probably not. So it will be ugly if there is a Bucs pass rush. A real ugly, low scoring game. But, I feel as if the Bucs pass rush is weak, and will be exploited. And the oline will be baffled by Dick LeBeau's defensive play calls. Titans win by two scores, IMO.

Vegas has the Bucs by 3.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Vegas has the Bucs by 3.

And that is only because of home field. So its basicaly even.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marcus……meet Kwon!!!worth the price of admission!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m more concerned with whether our OL can handle Dick LeBeau’s front seven.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marcus......meet Kwon!!!worth the price of admission!!

Don't know about that. No need for Marcus to run when he's going to be sitting comfy in the pocket all game long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't know about that. No need for Marcus to run when he's going to be sitting comfy in the pocket all game long.

since you already know the outcome, why bother watching?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn't really sit in the pocket. Lots of quick slants, screen, one read, get the ball out quick shirt stuff, I thought?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs can run early then the screen game will establish itself and even as terrible as the offense was as a whole last year, we probably ran some of the best screens I’ve seen in a while with Sims. All of a sudden that pass rush is dropping into coverage. Easy pickings even for a rookie versus that secondary.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The same reason you do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn't really sit in the pocket. Lots of quick slants, screen, one read, get the ball out quick shirt stuff, I thought?

It was a dig at our pass rush or lack thereof.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The same reason you do.

judging by the tone of your posts, i doubt that our expectations are the same.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The same reason you do.

judging by the tone of your posts, i doubt that our expectations are the same.

You're right. My expectations are based off of reality. Yours, not so much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This game is the defenses to win or lose I think. The closer to kickoff the more I think it may happen. We need our defense to step up and carry this team if we are going to have a good season. If the OL does begin to play well, I am not expecting it to happen right away in the first 4-5 games anyway. Maybe if the defense can dominate these first few games and give the offense a chance to get into sync we could have a decent year with 7-9 wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs can run early then the screen game will establish itself and even as terrible as the offense was as a whole last year, we probably ran some of the best screens I've seen in a while with Sims. All of a sudden that pass rush is dropping into coverage. Easy pickings even for a rookie versus that secondary.

Bucs don’t have the adequate speed to be playing with swing passes against a 3-4. Runs up the middle HAVE to be established as a crutch. And then, line calls have to be down. I highly doubt the linemen will be able to spot the delayed blitzes as they come from safeties, linebackers, or a combo of both. Jameis is the guy I’m worried about. Seriously. Between Koetters perimeter based offense, EDS and Jameis facing a confusing blitzing scheme utilizing a full playbook most likely,I think Jameis will try too hard to make stuff happen when the time simply won't be there. It's not that complicated folks. I would almost rather play the Panthers than the Titans. The line WILL screw stuff up. Promise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

with no pass rush and all the pressure on the DBs I say NO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can our OL protections make up for our lack of talent?can OL protections make up for our lack of experience?  for the most part imoCan Jameis protect the ball?mostlyCan we run the ball?adequatelyCan our rookie QB and WRs take advantage of a huge mismatch vs. Tennessee's secondary?somewhatCan our back 7 take away the short throw from Mariota and force him into mistakes?no and a fewCan we get pressure and sacks on Mariota? at timesCoaching wise, are we prepared? Or do we look sloppy? depends on expectations

i expect a good game, of course mistakes will be made in wk1.  winston will have a slow start and pickup as game goes, no surprise.  defense will be solid, not suffocating.  pressure at times, missed tackles at times, sack here and there.  mariota will make a lot of short accurate throws, but we will take away most of the deep stuff.  DGB probably gets us for a deep PI, wright gets us on a couple big crossers.  we pull away second half, win by 10.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Post-game analysis:Other things to take note of:Can our OL protections make up for our lack of talent? No.Can Jameis protect the ball? No.Can we run the ball? Not with an early 3TD defecit.Can our rookie QB and WRs take advantage of a huge mismatch vs. Tennessee's secondary? No.Can our back 7 take away the short throw from Mariota and force him into mistakes? No.Can we get pressure and sacks on Mariota? No.Coaching wise, are we prepared? Or do we look sloppy? Wawawawa. It is only one game but the Buccaneers were a complete and utter failure on every front today.

Please wait…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.