Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• Neubi

Participant

Gardner Minshew? :)<br />
      Just for the fun of it.<br />
      He could still learn and then take over from Brady.<br />
      Do we lose with him? Maybe…<br />
      But at least with a lot of fun.<br />
      What a pretty mullet :D

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1381062229697601537?s=19

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Why would he want to go from being a starter to being a backup?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Because it appears that will be his only option. He is a career backup type. Maybe a Fitzpatrick lite.

Why would he want to go from being a starter to being a backup?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

100% support this

• m_j

Participant

is he available? I see no reason why jaguars should cut him? costs nothing and would be a good backup option if anything happens to lawrence!

• Roy

Participant

No reason for Jax to cut Minshew.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

What would we have to trade to get him and what are you willing to give up?

I’d unload a 5th round pick for him.

We have the luxury to trade a 4th instead but really depends on what his value is. He won’t play with us

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

wish he had more arm, but I dont think hes bad

• Roy

Participant

I didn’t realize Jax signed Beathard. So my mistake to say they have no reason to dump Minshew. That would seem to indicate the new regime doesn’t have much use for him. Apparently he’s not great at throwing the deep ball, which is important in Arians’ offense. Is he going to be an improvement over Gabbert? I know he’s not re-signed yet, but I think the Bucs probably have a locker nameplate all ready for him.

• Neubi

Participant

Is he an elite NFL QB? Hell no!
      But he is a lot of fun. Reminds me quite a lot of Bret Favre (with a weaker arm). Lots of improvisation, but always competitive and very accurate.
      I assume we will fall in a hole again anyway, once Brady is gone for good. So lets have some fun then

The TD vs the Broncos is outright sick

• m_j

Participant

<br />
      I assume we will fall in a hole again anyway, once Brady is gone for good. So lets have some fun then

well, that will strongly depend on who will be our QB when Brady retires, and we will need someone better than Minshew to stay truly competitive!

• adkindo

Participant

I would rather take a flyer on Will Grier. I would think he could be had for next to nothing….and maybe even nothing (outside salary) since he is currently 4th on the Panthers depth chart. He got the nod in one game for the Panthers and his numbers were terrible, but the Panthers were a dumpster fire at the time in the 7th game of an 8 game losing streak to close out 2019 as a rookie. He had no chance to succeed. I think there is a chance he still has something to offer, and I would love to have him as the 3rd string QB to get a look at next season.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.