Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 38 reply threads

• Author

• Vance

Participant

Even though I dislike the Cowboys and there fan base. I really think it will be a tough battle. There receivers are really good and a fresh Zek is always a problem. We will find out early if we will have a super bowl hangover. I hope we can make a statement and win by putting up 30 ppg on these clowns.

• Roy

Participant

I don’t see Dallas as a particularly huge threat compared to other teams. But I just think in general there is a little bit of a sense that we are destined for greatness this year, when in actuality it’s a tough slog for any team to get through an NFL season. The odds for the Bucs to win the Superbowl are +650, so lets just say 6 to 1.

Imagine you have seven doors in front of you. One of them takes you to the penthouse. The other six are empty elevator shafts. How confident are you that you will be drinking champagne in the sauna tonight?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Tough game 1. But their defense is shit. Bucs need this game to kick things off. This ain’t the Saints.

• Roy

Participant

Tough game 1. But their defense is shit. Bucs need this game to kick things off. This ain’t the Saints.

Gut feeling is that the offense is overrated. Elliot isn’t going to be as good as he has been in the past. Good WRs, but lets not get too overexcited about Dak Prescott. He’s good, but not great. The Bucs defense can handle this bunch.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Dan Quinn took over the defense, which I expect to be much better next season. Not sure how much improvement we’ll see from them week one, though.

You have to assume Dak is going to be a bit rusty with live bullets flying, but the defense will hopefully be up it. Their offense was fantastic last year before Dak’s injury.

• TCB2W!

Participant

In 12 years as Falcon head coach, we averaged 28.25 PPG against them. He isn’t that good. He was DC of the Legion of Boom. Anyone would have been promoted to HC with that squad. Also, who scares you on their defense?

• M4X

Participant

Their pass defense was historically bad last season, and they will have a ton of rookies and new players starting week one, plus a new defensive scheme. PFF has both their secondary and their D-Line ranked bottom-five (#31 and #28) 

We should beat the brakes of them. 

• M4X

Participant

The Saints will be dogshit this season. With Thomas out for an indefinite time and Lattimore likely to be suspended, they’ll probably go into the season with the worst receiving and cornerback group. That’s a recipe for disaster in the modern NFL, especially if you have Intman or a TE at QB. 

• seekpar

Participant

Back to topic, Cowboys week one. I’m not concerned much. Hoping the Bucs knock the snot out of them. It should be special night for the Bucs fans cheering on the reigning SB Champs.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I was referring to last years opener.

The Saints will be dogshit this season. With Thomas out for an indefinite time and Lattimore likely to be suspended, they’ll probably go into the season with the worst receiving and cornerback group. That’s a recipe for disaster in the modern NFL, especially if you have Intman or a TE at QB. 

• Boid Fink

Participant

You always worry against a potential powerhouse offense. Dak can throw the ball around. I doubt Elliot will do much but he has looked very fit so far. Dak is a passing machine. And he has a good deal of very good weapons. The secondary is going to have to be ready for week 1. Pass rushers have to get to their landmark quickly. Big game and a tough test. I really want to see them win against Phallus. I hate them cowboys man. Hate them!

Back to topic, Cowboys week one. I’m not concerned much. Hoping the Bucs knock the snot out of them. It should be special night for the Bucs fans cheering on the reigning SB Champs.

• TBChucky

Participant

We might drop 40 on them.. Their offense might be good, but I’m not sure they’ll be able to compete with OUR offense scoring wise.

• theknees

Participant

It’s Cowboys under Jerry Jones. It’s always the same thing. Good on one side of the ball and lousy on the other. I love what they did in drafting Micah Parsons and that CB from Kentucky. I think they also just signed Hooker from Indy so they may indeed improve on D but, we are two TDs better than them week one. Also, Dak just isn’t the guy, they crippled their team for a long time by overpaying for him.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

So I’m in no way trying to be a Debbie downer but it really depends on what team we are

I think almost all of us think we are the team that beat brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes in a remarkable playoff run and expectations are 13 wins.

The other less popular school of thought is that we got hot at the right time and are more closer to that 7-5 team.

Even looking at that 4-0 run at the end of the year when you really disect it; Minnesota was moving ball well and kicker blew the game for them, we were down 17-0 to Atlanta first game and up just 23-20 entering 4th quarter in final game. So we still were a slow starting Team

Again I’m hoping and thinking we are the playoff team that was clutch because we have a stacked roster and underachieved in the reg season. But until I see that materialize it’s hard for us to overlook any team. I could just be a bartered Bucs fan….

• Boid Fink

Participant

You aren’t wrong.

• Vance

Participant

In 12 years as Falcon head coach, we averaged 28.25 PPG against them. He isn’t that good. He was DC of the Legion of Boom. Anyone would have been promoted to HC with that squad. Also, who scares you on their defense?

I never mentioned anyone on the Cowboys defense. If you re-read what was originally posted. I said there receivers and a week one Zeke is a possible threat.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Are you Biggs? I could have sworn I replied to Biggs…..

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Not only will dak be rusty, he won’t be 100%.

Not too worried about Dallas. Would be shocked if it wasn’t a comfortable double digit win.

WFT is the team to worry about in that division.

Fitznagic has a lot of talent & competent coaching around him. Good situation to be in.

• Welsh Buc

Participant

TB has always taken apart Dan Quinn defenses.

We’ll out score them comfortably.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Not only will dak be rusty, he won’t be 100%.

Thanks for the medical update, Dr. Debucsown.

• theknees

Participant

Dak is reason #s 1,2,3,4 and 5 why the Cowboys aren’t going to compete anytime soon. Also, Joe Judge is about to put that division on lockdown.

• Biggs3535

Participant

There are plenty of guys that don’t work as a HC, but are excellent coordinators. Todd Bowles is one of many examples.

Quinn may not work out in Dallas, but I’ll be very surprised if their defense isn’t better than they were in 2020.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Drafting two solid prospects will help their situation out as well…Dallas defense is still going to have to deal with a team that is coming together on offense.

There are plenty of guys that don’t work as a HC, but are excellent coordinators. Todd Bowles is one of many examples.

Quinn may not work out in Dallas, but I’ll be very surprised if their defense isn’t better than they were in 2020.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

So I’m in no way trying to be a Debbie downer but it really depends on what team we are

I think almost all of us think we are the team that beat brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes in a remarkable playoff run and expectations are 13 wins.

The other less popular school of thought is that we got hot at the right time and are more closer to that 7-5 team.

Even looking at that 4-0 run at the end of the year when you really disect it; Minnesota was moving ball well and kicker blew the game for them, we were down 17-0 to Atlanta first game and up just 23-20 entering 4th quarter in final game. So we still were a slow starting Team

Again I’m hoping and thinking we are the playoff team that was clutch because we have a stacked roster and underachieved in the reg season. But until I see that materialize it’s hard for us to overlook any team. I could just be a bartered Bucs fan….

I think it’s the latter and let me tell you why. This team hadn’t gelled in the beginning of the season. The reason being that there was no actual offseason due to COVID. Brady had no minicamp, no OTAs, no time with his receivers to get the timing down pat. That’s why they lost a few games they should’ve won.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I think it’s the latter and let me tell you why. This team hadn’t gelled in the beginning of the season. The reason being that there was no actual offseason due to COVID. Brady had no minicamp, no OTAs, no time with his receivers to get the timing down pat. That’s why they lost a few games they should’ve won.

i agree with you and that only makes sense, i’m just saying the notion that the team was 8-0 and dominate it’s last 8 games is only seen by people not fans of the team.

We damn well know the 4-0 finish was lackluster and we faced non playoff competition. Due to a Keyshawn Vaughn fumble the game was in jeopardy against Washington, a losing record team.

that Jared Cook fumble changed our furtunes….it was like the football Gods decided it was our year.

Looking at the roster, it’s hard not to see this team being that playoff run team because we are so talented on both sides of the ball and have time to prepare as a team now. My only issue is that the regular season, we underachieved.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

i agree with you and that only makes sense, i’m just saying the notion that the team was 8-0 and dominate it’s last 8 games is only seen by people not fans of the team.

We damn well know the 4-0 finish was lackluster and we faced non playoff competition. Due to a Keyshawn Vaughn fumble the game was in jeopardy against Washington, a losing record team.

that Jared Cook fumble changed our furtunes….it was like the football Gods decided it was our year.

Looking at the roster, it’s hard not to see this team being that playoff run team because we are so talented on both sides of the ball and have time to prepare as a team now. My only issue is that the regular season, we underachieved.

You’ve got a point there. We didn’t dominate any of those games except the Detroit game and the Super Bowl.

Minnesota- Dalvin Cook ran all over the place. The kicker gave us the game

Atlanta (away)- Down 17-0 at the half to a non playoff team. Nuff said.

Detroit- Dominated

Atlanta (home)- Dominated early then let them get back in it

Washington- Letting that little fuck Heineke scramble and hit timely passes was humiliating. Knocking him out of the game saved our season.

New Orleans- The Jared Cook fumble saved our season but at that point, the team had gelled to where it could go toe to toe with playoff competition

Green Bay- We dominated that game in the first half and the start of the second. Then Brady channeled his inner Winston.

Kansas City- Dominated

• TBChucky

Participant

I don’t buy the “football gods” analogy on the Jared Cook fumble.. If it was a Buc player that fumbled and the Saints recovered, we’d be saying how they were opportunistic, and found a way to win the game.. Those type of plays happen during every game, and both teams have a chance to benefit from said plays..

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I don’t buy the “football gods” analogy on the Jared Cook fumble.. If it was a Buc player that fumbled and the Saints recovered, we’d be saying how they were opportunistic, and found a way to win the game.. Those type of plays happen during every game, and both teams have a chance to benefit from said plays..

well i’m not taking anything away from the Bucs. What a ride last year. Will never forget….(well i might if i go senile in 50 years)

to be a champion, sometimes you need the ball to bounce your way or a call to go your way

I will say with Brady, it does seem we get more calls in our favor as opposed to the prior 40 seasons

• Boid Fink

Participant

I w always said it: better to be lucky than good.

• NotDeadYet

Participant

How healthy and mentally ready we are is really the key to the game. If we come out sloppy and sluggish, da cowgirls could beat us. We should womp them real good if we’re on our game..

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Saints: Cook did not fumble. It was a great defensive play. Winfield punched that ball out. “The Saints lost because Cook fumbled” is a Saints fan excuse for losing. Winfield is a baller and had the awareness to punch the fumble. That great play should not be cheapened.

Dallas: All of the defenses we played in the playoffs are all better than Dallas who will be relying on rookies and a defense learning Quinn’s system.

Before injury Dak was 2-3 with 9 TDs and 4 ints. He was not exactly lighting the world on fire. He is top 15 not top 10.

Bucs win.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Dak was on pace for 5k easily. He can throw the pigskin.

Saints: Cook did not fumble. It was a great defensive play. Winfield punched that ball out. “The Saints lost because Cook fumbled” is a Saints fan excuse for losing. Winfield is a baller and had the awareness to punch the fumble. That great play should not be cheapened.

Dallas: All of the defenses we played in the playoffs are all better than Dallas who will be relying on rookies and a defense learning Quinn’s system.

Before injury Dak was 2-3 with 9 TDs and 4 ints. He was not exactly lighting the world on fire. He is top 15 not top 10.

Bucs win.

• seekpar

Participant

wINsTon threw for 5k and look what happened to him…

• TCB2W!

Participant

Dak was on pace for 5k easily. He can throw the pigskin.

Bucs win.

Well when your defense is giving an average of 40 points per game in a 4 game stretch, he better be putting up yards.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Before Dak’s injury vs. the Giants, the Cowboys offense was averaging 31.5 PPG – which was top 3 scoring offense at the time. Dak averaged 422.5 passing yards in those four games with those 9 passing TD and 3 rushing TD’s. And that’s in his first four games in McCarthy’s offense. Honestly, Dak was better in his first four under McCarthey than Brady’s first four (30 PPG, 280.5 YPG, 12 total TD, 4 Int) under Arians.

He was pretty much lighting it on fire before the injury.

• TCB2W!

Participant

He also passed 46 more times than Brady during those games. That shows how bad their defense was.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

…..

• Biggs3535

Participant

He also passed 46 more times than Brady during those games. That shows how bad their defense was.

Absolutely, their defense was horrendous.

To clarify, I’m not saying Dak is better than Brady. I’m simply pushing back against the argument that Dak wasn’t playing very, very well before his injury. He unequivocally was.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Cursory watching of any games Dak played last year would have shown that. When they added Ceedee Lamb to Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup, wow. That wide receiver trio is up there. Top 3 maybe?

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Everybody was hanging near 30 plus on the Browns, Falcons and Seahawks in those games last year. Only the Rams had a good defense during that time frame. Dak couldn’t muster more than 17 points against the Rams. Dak’s numbers were overinflated with too many turnovers.

• theknees

Participant

Dak aint the guy.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

on paper, Dallas is talented and playoff team. On the field, they haven’t been able to put it together.

Last year, during the regular season, we beat one playoff team (GB) and were pretty atrocious record against the others (KC, LA, CHI, NO(X2))

Again, we are assuming we are the playoff juggernaut we experienced in January, February but until i see the Bucs doing that in the regular season, i wont feel comfortable.

A 10 point win against Dallas might just do that…

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Dallas sucks and I can’t wait to see us embarass “America’s Team” on National TV to start the season. Lets raise the world champion flag, LFG!!!

• theknees

Participant

Lamb, Cooper, and Gallup are all very capable receivers. They aren’t close to what we have talent wise in Tampa but, they are very talented. I could see Lamb taking a big step forward this year.

The problem they face is at RB. I am not sure if you guys have seen Icabod Crane since he’s been in camp but, at his age, that svelte build, particularly in his lower body, reads like an injury and Pollard and Dowdle don’t move the needle. I could see them bring in another veteran type RB soon in fact. Dak shows up the most when it doesn’t matter. Will be interesting to see how their season fares. I have them behind the Giants, and Redskins. Joe Judge is about to put a choke hold on that division for years to come.

• TBChucky

Participant

I actually believe it’ll be Riverboat Ron’s division for the next few seasons..

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.