Viewing 68 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

I know this is a mandatory min-camp but, has anyone heard if Nicks will participate or should we just forget he’s still on the roster? I think as fans we deserve to know how he is progressing. We have basically got nothing out of him from the moment he signed the huge contract. If he isn’t going to play then why didn’t we release him before the bonus he was due? I think Nicks may have deceived the Bucs into thinking he was improving just to get the bonus or am I totally off base? I just want questions answered that’s all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Totally off base. You think NFL teams pay millions of dollars to “take the players’ word for it?”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know this is a mandatory min-camp but, has anyone heard if Nicks will participate or should we just forget he's still on the roster? I think as fans we deserve to know how he is progressing. We having basically got nothing out of him from the moment he signed the huge contract. If he isn't going to play then why didn't we release him before the bonus he was due? I think Nicks may have deceived the Bucs into thinking he was improving just to get the bonus or am I totally off base? I just want questions answered that's all.

Well...we will know come check in time at camp....but saying "we as fans deserve to know" is a little silly.....it's not your money...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks said he would be ready for TC a while ago in a article. I guess we will see soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks said he would be ready for TC a while ago in a article. I guess we will see soon.

He said that last year also.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

I would be surprised to see him on the field even though he said he would be ready for Training Camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We as fans deserve to know! Lol This is why pot should be legal. The op should definitely smoke a joint.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Considering this is mandatory, we get to see if Nicks has a chance to come back. Were Bucs being extra-cautious or is he done?From Mark Cook via Twitter, a few minutes ago...I don't think he would participate even if he felt he was ready, interested to see if he shows. My guess, 25% he plays in 14.I'm a little more optimistic than some.Bucs have nothing to lose with being extra careful with him. No need to rush him. Hope he can get on the field in the preseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know this is a mandatory min-camp but, has anyone heard if Nicks will participate or should we just forget he's still on the roster? I think as fans we deserve to know how he is progressing. We having basically got nothing out of him from the moment he signed the huge contract. If he isn't going to play then why didn't we release him before the bonus he was due? I think Nicks may have deceived the Bucs into thinking he was improving just to get the bonus or am I totally off base? I just want questions answered that's all.

Not sure what bonus you're referring to as, based on what's available regarding his contract, he's got nothing but salary due and it is not guaranteed. Cutting Nicks would result in a $2mil cap savings over keeping him on the roster and now that it is past June 1st, I believe the cap hit can be split over this season and next season if he's released. One issue is the injury guarantee he has for 2014 which may already be triggered should he not be able to play any further. I'm not sure how this affects the cap but it is possible it is added to the dead money hit of $7mil and the guarantee of $6mil. If the cap hit is $13mil in that scenario, they may keep him on the roster and pay him the money he is due for 2014 which is not an injury guarantee.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t even give a sh1t about that turd anymore. He’s milking it.If it were sooo bad, there would've been a pic of it "leaked" by now.My guess...he's out of shape, still has that issue, and he will choose retirement, rather than cut the damn thing off and keep playing.There have been more severe issues with MRSA that his, and their healing time was a lot less. And those people were old, or in poor condition to begin with.Even IF he came back and went beastmode, I'd still trade or outright cut him. At the pro level, you have to have heart, loyalty, and do whatever it takes to play the game day after day. Hell, I would've cut/traded his ass the minute he went to the media saying he wouldn't divulge saint information. All we would've lost was nine games that not a soul gives two sh1ts about. Boo freaking hoo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

another Dom parting gift

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks wants to be out there.  He will be playing for the Bucs this fall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

my sources say this is true . .  they also say he has slimmed down to 225 and will play TE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On Madden 15?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does anyone know what is actually wrong with his foot beyond, he has MRSA?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he’s not 100% by now he will never be 100% . He hasn’t done anything in 2 freaking years . Nothing takes two years to heal except something that can’t heal. The 2 extra months before camp is going to make the difference?? Dude is finito.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does anyone know what is actually wrong with his foot beyond, he has MRSA?

MRSA is gone . He just has a very jacked up toe that can't heal to the point that a 360 pound man can move around pain free. Tried surgery , didn't work . Now trying 2 years of resting it . Not working.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well...we will know come check in time at camp....but saying "we as fans deserve to know" is a little silly.....it's not your money...

It's far from silly. How do you think players get paid? It's ultimately the fans money because without fans there is no NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We as fans deserve to know! Lol This is why pot should be legal. The op should definitely smoke a joint.Without the "FANS" there is no NFL. Yes, we deserve to know. JMO and just because it's not yours doesn't mean my post deserves such a childish response from you. Grow up!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly why I’m skeptical about us “rebuilding” through FA. Nicks is an all world player that has had a career changing injury. He isn’t the only one either, it happens on a regular basis. I just pray that Michael Johnson and LT Collins don’t both have this happen. Both have potential but Johnson has had one year of production as a pro and Collins has played well but apparently not well enough to earn a starting spot outside of a teammate getting injured. Go ahead, bash BucNY but FA is not the pot of gold some of you want to make it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not sure why I'm even worried about him returning because even when he was at full health he wasn't very good. It seemed that our running game suffered when he was starting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly why I'm skeptical about us "rebuilding" through FA. Nicks is an all world player that has had a career changing injury. He isn't the only one either, it happens on a regular basis. I just pray that Michael Johnson and LT Collins don't both have this happen. Both have potential but Johnson has had one year of production as a pro and Collins has played well but apparently not well enough to earn a starting spot outside of a teammate getting injured. Go ahead, bash BucNY but FA is not the pot of gold some of you want to make it.

I agree with you about FA, but we needed massive upgrades.  What LnL did was grab guys for 2-3 years giving them time to draft their own and push out these guys from within.  Id be willing to bet from here on out we will be relatively quiet on the FA front.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s also been reported that Nicks has MRSA related nerve damage in the foot and that it is constantly painful.  Not a great prognosis.Incognito please.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks had a toe problem not related to MRSA when he lined up for the Bucs in his first game. Supposedly the MRSA is cured via surgery; I don’t think the 2 are related. I believe he’s made statements that he’d been told by doctors he’d be living with some foot pain for the rest of his life. How he manages that pain seems to determine his football career. If it’s too much to handle, he might just need to be smart about it and retire.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Dominik got conned into signing an injured player that was never going to heal, and now he's milking the Bucs for every penny he can before retiring.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

The Bucs need to cut Nicks and sign Incognito.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We as fans deserve to know! Lol This is why pot should be legal. The op should definitely smoke a joint.Without the "FANS" there is no NFL. Yes, we deserve to know. JMO and just because it's not yours doesn't mean my post deserves such a childish response from you. Grow up!

They don't report to camp until the 17th so you'll find out then just like the coaches. So go smoke that and calm down a little buddy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUD 1h #Bucs G Carl Nicks will be at the team's mandatory minicamp today. However, it's unlikely he will practice.They want him in the building to monitor his progress with THEIR trainers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUD 1h #Bucs G Carl Nicks will be at the team's mandatory minicamp today. However, it's unlikely he will practice.They want him in the building to monitor his progress with THEIR trainers.

Hard to believe the Bucs staff hasn't been monitoring his progress thus far.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why doesnt this baby just go to the drug store and get some tough actin Tinactin? BOOM ready to play

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

or just sign Incognito so he can call nicks a weak ass puss and then he will just quit like a baby because thats what weak willed players do.

Please wait…

• lynnst

Participant

At this point I’d much rather sign Incognito for cheap than worrying about nicks and his toe. Rather have a for sure starter than a back and forth; oh it hurts today, oh look I’m fine. Incognito would have chopped it off last year if he had this problem

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

or just sign Incognito so he can call nicks a weak ass puss and then he will just quit like a baby because thats what weak willed players do.

So Nicks is weak willed now?  He was the most dominant, imposing OG in football before the injury and MRSA. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people go too far…Bpq3bxYCAAAWhkq.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So Nicks is weak willed now?  He was the most dominant, imposing OG in football before the injury and MRSA.

Its the typical fan response.  If its not life threatening, he should be on the field.  If both of those are a no, he must be soft. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s over for Nicks. With a toe injury playing football it will be stepped and kicked every play. Hopefully one of the young guys can develop into a starter at left guard very soon. I’m confident about the RG spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its the typical fan response.  If its not life threatening, he should be on the field.  If both of those are a no, he must be soft.

Agree, not a lot of MENSA candidates in this thread. I'd like to believe Nicks would much prefer to  be laying out pancake blocks that having a permanently damaged foot right now.My biggest issue is we've not been aggressive enough trying to replace him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know this means nothing based on how many games Nicks has played with us but it’s hard to not remember, Carl Nix was a Walter Jones type OL when he went down.  I think he will be playing for the Bucs in the fall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree, not a lot of MENSA candidates in this thread. I'd like to believe Nicks would much prefer to  be laying out pancake blocks that having a permanently damaged foot right now.My biggest issue is we've not been aggressive enough trying to replace him.

Agreed.  Pretty sure he knows this is his last paycheck if not healthy.  He'd much rather be playing and earning another multi-million dollar one. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rick Stroud @NFLSTROUD  ·  3m#Bucs G Carl Nicks will NOT be participating in mandatory minicamp, confirmed. Is attending. Six weeks from t-camp, not looking good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why doesnt this baby just go to the drug store and get some tough actin Tinactin? BOOM ready to play

I lol'dhqdefault.jpg

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Fool me once, shame on you.Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, I'm a Red Board poster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks really isn’t a good fit on this new offense anyway. What's up with his salary and the cap? If we cut him, we don't save any cap space?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“If you can not participate, then it’s time to amputate”. jcochran.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks really isn't a good fit on this new offense anyway. What's up with his salary and the cap? If we cut him, we don't save any cap space?

We would save $2M by cutting him.  The problem is not necessarily the money, but that theres really not anyone out there worth signing at the moment with that savings.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All these injuries are signs of a player not believing in God…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks really isn't a good fit on this new offense anyway. What's up with his salary and the cap? If we cut him, we don't save any cap space?

We would save $2M by cutting him.  The problem is not necessarily the money, but that theres really not anyone out there worth signing at the moment with that savings.

It actually costs more money against the cap for the Bucs to cut Nicks this season IIRC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It actually costs more money against the cap for the Bucs to cut Nicks this season IIRC.

How so?  By everything I have read, he is on the books for roughly $9M on the roster with a $7M cap hit if he is cut. 

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Last week I addressed this topic.  I told you what would happen, and why it would happen, and I even mentioned the amount of money involved.  So what is all this chit-chat about?"we all completely understand that, but Nicks stands to make considerably more money by injury than he would if he played. I don't think a lot of people here understand that. Lovie thought he would show...and work threw it. He was caught off guard with the no show, which basically means, he's done here. I think Nicks always affirmed to Lovie behind closed doors that he would be here and play through it. My guess is that his agent showed him the numbers though, and Nicks did what he had to do for his family."then someone asked why?  and I said...."If he's hurt, that still guarantees his contract to a certain level, 6M I think. if he gets cut, which is always a possibility, he'd get significantly less."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

im wondering if Carl Nicks is getting ready to slap the Bucs with a law suit. He played out his current status as long as possible, not I think he is going to jump on the MRSA train and go out with a LS to get more money before he hangs em up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Nicks is really guaranteed another $6M this year then the Bucs need to slap Dominik with a lawsuit. He re-did the deal AFTER his surgery. Otherwise he would be completely off the books already.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know this is a mandatory min-camp but, has anyone heard if Nicks will participate or should we just forget he's still on the roster? I think as fans we deserve to know how he is progressing. We have basically got nothing out of him from the moment he signed the huge contract. If he isn't going to play then why didn't we release him before the bonus he was due? I think Nicks may have deceived the Bucs into thinking he was improving just to get the bonus or am I totally off base? I just want questions answered that's all.

Agreed. +1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How so?  By everything I have read, he is on the books for roughly $9M on the roster with a $7M cap hit if he is cut.

This has been discussed a lot around here and I believe you have it right. Yes we can save a very small amount of money by cutting him, but for what it's worth, you may as well let him give it another shot and then cut him if he still isn't close.On another note a picture of him, presumeably, at camp shows him looking very soft. Do we have any picture confirmation of practice today and of Nicks?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Nicks is really guaranteed another $6M this year then the Bucs need to slap Dominik with a lawsuit. He re-did the deal AFTER his surgery. Otherwise he would be completely off the books already.

There is apparently an injury guarantee of $6mil for 2014 in Nicks deal although I don't know whether that was part of the original or renegotiated deal. How this affects the cap is the big question. There's been some comment that the $6mil would be added to the $7mil pro rated portion of the redone signing bonus he and Jackson received beginning of last year and....as you mentioned....after the original injury. That $6mil may be insured but the Bucs wouldn't be able to collect until after 2014's fiscal season is over and, once the Bucs collect they can get the cap space back. If this is all correct, which it may not be, that would mean a cap hit of $13mil for Nicks if the injury guarantee kicks in. This would mean keeping him on the roster saves $4mil on the cap...$9mil vs. $13mil.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is apparently an injury guarantee of $6mil for 2014 in Nicks deal although I don't know whether that was part of the original or renegotiated deal.

and that is a big question, at least so far as JC's comment goesInteresting point on possible insurance Ryan. Did not think of that

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is apparently an injury guarantee of $6mil for 2014 in Nicks deal although I don't know whether that was part of the original or renegotiated deal. How this affects the cap is the big question. There's been some comment that the $6mil would be added to the $7mil pro rated portion of the redone signing bonus he and Jackson received beginning of last year and....as you mentioned....after the original injury. That $6mil may be insured but the Bucs wouldn't be able to collect until after 2014's fiscal season is over and, once the Bucs collect they can get the cap space back. If this is all correct, which it may not be, that would mean a cap hit of $13mil for Nicks if the injury guarantee kicks in. This would mean keeping him on the roster saves $4mil on the cap...$9mil vs. $13mil.

Why in hell would Dominik negotiate a deal like that knowing Nick's fat toe is a problem? I hope this isn't true.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just watched Lovie’s press conference and he said this about Carl.There are NO injuries that he's currently worried about. Expects everyone to be ready by training camp.Carl was there, passed his physical, but not in training camp shape.Expects that Carl may be on a special camp schedule, but says that Carl wants to play.About as much as you are going to get I think.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we need to read anything said by anyone regarding Nicks, including Nicks himself with some skepticism. The financials may drive how he ultimately is treated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we need to read anything said by anyone regarding Nicks, including Nicks himself with some skepticism. The financials may drive how he ultimately is treated.

To expand a little farther, I think you're saying it's definitely in the team's interest to say he's healthy as many times as possible even if he's not so that if they do cut him, they can say it's for performance, not injury, and thus not have to pay him as much to close out his contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To expand a little farther, I think you're saying it's definitely in the team's interest to say he's healthy as many times as possible even if he's not so that if they do cut him, they can say it's for performance, not injury, and thus not have to pay him as much to close out his contract.

He's not getting cut nor will he be playing anywhere other than Tampa in September.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If my thoughts are that he has a lower cap number by being on the roster (even if they IR him eventually to gain the roster spot) than being released then both sides could be biding their time. There's definitely something going on. Reports earlier that he was at OBP working out, then missing the minicamps, then nobody wants to talk about him, to a bunch of comments today which amount to nothing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's not getting cut nor will he be playing anywhere other than Tampa in September.

True. He may be on IR but he won't be cut or playing anywhere else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If my thoughts are that he has a lower cap number by being on the roster (even if they IR him eventually to gain the roster spot) than being released then both sides could be biding their time. There's definitely something going on. Reports earlier that he was at OBP working out, then missing the minicamps, then nobody wants to talk about him, to a bunch of comments today which amount to nothing.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He has a 2 week old daughter?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IIRC Nicks had sustained the toe injury and attempted to play through it for a few games before finally shutting it down, by which point his toe was mangled. Doesn’t sound like the type to dog it for extra coin but I guess it’s fashionable to dump on everybody no matter the circumstance soooo….fuck that piece of shit lazy bum loser! *making tough guy face*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know this is a mandatory min-camp but, has anyone heard if Nicks will participate or should we just forget he's still on the roster? I think as fans we deserve to know how he is progressing. We have basically got nothing out of him from the moment he signed the huge contract. If he isn't going to play then why didn't we release him before the bonus he was due? I think Nicks may have deceived the Bucs into thinking he was improving just to get the bonus or am I totally off base? I just want questions answered that's all.

“I haven’t been able to do football work. No cutting, no blocking, no drive-blocking, no pulling – nothing like that. So I wouldn’t be able to tell you, but just walking around I have to be at least 60 percent.”  How in the heck is he only able to walk around at 60% at this stage of rehab? If that's the case then he is done! How is another month or two going to do anything? Hell, it's been 2 years. Geese!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They asked him where he was during the OTA’s and he said , ” fishing ” . Fishing. He is just here to collect a paycheck folks. Expect nothing from this fat thief.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no way to immobilize the toe and/or use a boot to protect his foot from being trampled? Would the NFL frown on that?To be frank, if Nicks wants to play he would have done so by now.  I guess we find out soon enough.

Please wait…

Viewing 68 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.