Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• Bucman

Participant

Back in December, Tampa Bay Buccaneers guard Carl Nicks was receiving “mixed messages” about his ability to resume his football career following a dangerous MRSA infection that wiped out the majority of his 2013 season.Four months later, Nicks is looking forward to rejoining his teammates on the practice field.The evolution of the NFL:Take a look at how the NFL has evolved from its humble roots, and the efforts being made to ensure it continues to grow. "I'm not a percentage guy. Obviously, I'm not ready to practice right now," Nicks said, via The Associated Press, at voluntary workouts this week, "but I feel comfortable saying I'll be back for training camp."The question now is what kind of player the six-year veteran will be after missing 23 games in the past two seasons."There's some nerve damage. So it's going to be pain, I'm told, for the rest of my life," Nicks explained. "Lovie (Smith) told me the other day my 80 percent is still pretty good. If I'm not 100 percent, hopefully I can get to 95 or 99.9."That doesn't sound especially promising.The Bucs have overhauled their offensive line this offseason, importing tackle Anthony Collins, guard Oniel Cousins and center Evan Dietrich-Smith. Until they see their $47.5 million, two-time All-Pro back on the field, though, the interior blocking will remain a concern. :D Hopefully he can play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not holding my breath for anybody this year….. just sets you up for a major let down in September. As far as I’m concerned his career is over until I see him take a regular season snap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Draft his replacement anyway. If nicks can play this year cool but with his injury it might not be a next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seeing a real HC running the show may be providing a bit more motivation for him to expedite his recovery and go the extra mile to make sure he’s prepared.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is such good news I can’t even tell you how happy I am.  When healthy, like right after we got him, he was the best OL in the game – period.  I have visions of 1800 yards + on the ground.  Am I delusional??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Loaded question Bass…  :)We need Carl back.  Hope this comes out positive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I highly doubt it is his foot that is really the major concern right at this moment about Big Carl.  I think it is his weight (perhaps, not certain), but most definitely his endurance, his “football” shape.In an effort to alleviate the stress on his foot, he will need to lose some weight, I think at his doctors behest and common senses behalf, and he may lose his dominance as a result.  Regardless, I think this guy is about a step away from being yet another guard with a ton of potential that gets flushed by some odd malady.I wonder how Arron Sears is doing these days.  I feel bad for the big fella, I really do.  He was in a lot of anguish, and the luxury of an elite job and paycheck simply wasn;t enough to cure him of his ails.Man I really wished that Carl was healthy.  Damn damn damn damn damn damn damn,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Me too, I wish everybody was healthy right now. Injuries suck. Speaking of injuries, does anybody know whats up with Barron and Goldson? They were on the IR this week [all week?] whats going on with those guys?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fingers crossed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to believe it, but I can’t.  Going Missouri on this one.  Don’t tell everyone – just be there ready and able to play. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I highly doubt it is his foot that is really the major concern right at this moment about Big Carl.  I think it is his weight (perhaps, not certain), but most definitely his endurance, his "football" shape.In an effort to alleviate the stress on his foot, he will need to lose some weight, I think at his doctors behest and common senses behalf, and he may lose his dominance as a result.  Regardless, I think this guy is about a step away from being yet another guard with a ton of potential that gets flushed by some odd malady.I wonder how Arron Sears is doing these days.  I feel bad for the big fella, I really do.  He was in a lot of anguish, and the luxury of an elite job and paycheck simply wasn;t enough to cure him of his ails.Man I really wished that Carl was healthy.  Damn damn damn damn damn damn damn,

No doubt.. A toe inj and a freaking staph infection killing us with this one. What a shame and not the fault of either party. I really hope this get better for the org and he plays.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I won’t hold my breath.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Am I delusional??

Most of the time, yes.  Something like 99% of the time would be a fair assessment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will be back, But out again after our First game….

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

we hear this every year.  Sure he will be back but will he be out on the field practicing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Am I delusional??

Most of the time, yes.  Something like 99% of the time would be a fair assessment.

99.9% would be more accurate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He might play three games before he checks out again. He's a saintfan doing his part.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Am I delusional??

Geez, talk about grabbing the low hanging fruit AJ… lmao

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.