Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Genius to have arguably your most important defender on punt duties while he’s been gutting it out with multiple injuries. Just amazing player management. If it’s a ruptured quad tendon he’s done for the year.

• BChaves8

Participant

I don’t understand it either but it was non contact, if it wasn’t on that play it was probably coming regardless.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by BChaves8.

• Swash

Participant

Likely a torn quad. And that injury would NOT be season ending but like a 6 wheeker.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He won’t be good. Coaches are stupid. Said it all along.

Brady is good. Bowles is competent. The rest are idiots.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

• Boid Fink

Participant

Awesome idea leaving him in special teams duty.

Arians is a fool.

• Bucman

Participant

These quack Surgeons/Drs on twitter get the injuries wrong a lot. That Panthers DB they said blew out his achilles but it was actually a broken foot.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

These quack Surgeons/Drs on twitter get the injuries wrong a lot. That Panthers DB they said blew out his achilles but it was actually a broken foot.

Morse has a great track record since I’ve been following him. He treats top athletes from all over. Of course they are going to get some wrong since they cant personally evaluate the injury. But still a better eye for this sort of thing than you or me.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Along with Davis’ injury is safety AWJ with concussion.

We need a prolific offense to mask our lack of secondary talent depth due to injuries, but we’re also down TE Gronk on offense. If we don’t give Brady that TE outlet, then we’re going to be a mediocre team in the red zone.

::: sighs ::: When it rains, it pours.

• m_j

Participant

it was extremely stupid to play him on special teams with our current injury report … but we can‘t turn back time, let‘s hope this is not season ending and he comes back when we really need him, in the playoffs!

awj concussion should not be too bad, maybe one week, as usual

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Obviously injuries are never good, but id prefer them week 4 rather then week 16.

Hopefully davis isn’t done for the year. Just need him healthy come playoff time!

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Whoever played him on ST, this is on you.

• Swash

Participant

Those crying he was on special teams.. you realize he came out on the base defense, and they did a trick play to punt? Shut up!! Also, it was a non contact injury.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Swash.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Those crying he was on special teams.. you realize he came out on the base defense, and they did a trick play to punt? Shut up!! Also, it was a non contact injury.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Swash.

The Bucs were down SMB and Dean and signed a guy off the streets (who played admirable given the circumstances); you also know Carlton Davis was banged up.

it was dumb to have him on special teams

i know it was not contact and might have happened when he was on defense but the strain on that coverage was not necessary and a poor coaching decision.

a broken clock is right twice a day and in this case, no body in their right mind would defense such a stupid move.

only thing worse would have been to have Brady on special teams. Carlton Davis, given the hurting secondary, is the next worse choice.

• Swash

Participant

He wasn’t on special teams. He was on a base defense. They didn’t have a returner lined up. You don’t burn a timeout in that situation. It sucks, and it’s unfortunate, but I don’t really vibe with blaming the coaching staff for it.

• Biggs3535

Participant

He wasn’t on special teams. He was on a base defense. They didn’t have a returner lined up. You don’t burn a timeout in that situation. It sucks, and it’s unfortunate, but I don’t really vibe with blaming the coaching staff for it.

You’re misremembering, as there was the 2-minute warning and then the Pats took a delay-of-game penalty after that. That allowed the Bucs to change out their personnel, and Mickens was back there to receive the punt.

• Biggs3535

Participant

• dalbuc

Participant

Yeah they were back in the punt formation when the Bucs stayed in the D. I’m guessing since they showed trick they stayed in the base in case they shifted back down into a real play..

• Swash

Participant

Good call Biggs. I stand corrected.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Arians is not a tactician. He’s a “rah-rah” personality manager, Queen of England style coach. What is Byron going to teach Brady? Nothing.

BA has moments where he looks like he doesn’t know he rules. He did it last season a few times. The attention to detail is lacking from the staff. The penalties, the miscues, a lot do this is on staff, imo.

• Pennywise

Participant

Passing stats were pretty much the same in the second half without Davis ,as they were in first half with Davis

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Passing stats were pretty much the same in the second half without Davis ,as they were in first half with Davis

Annd? It may not show up now but Davis is instrumental in making another run for a SB, if he can’t come back that is a catastrophic loss that will show at the end of year and come playoff time.

He is an excellent corner, his play helped put us over the top last year. It’s one of the biggest losses this team could have. There is no damage controlling that.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Saw some generic Buc website say it’s 2-4 weeks but Auman said no word yet.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

• Buccaholic

Participant

FWIW

According to a source with first hand knowledge of the situation, the Buccaneers are expected to be without Carlton Davis III for two to four weeks with a quad strain. This is good news because it looked a lot worse during real time on the broadcast.

• Pennywise

Participant

It was non contact injury , but still he hasn’t been 100% for a cpl weeks , why have him running around on STs? Dumb

This team so far has made no year over year improvement, 5 weeks in , and their banged up , squeaking out wins to average to bad teams ,and losing to the only real quality team .
      They better get it fixed , because they aren’t sneaking up on anyone this year .

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

and losing to the only real quality team .

Dallas is a good team. That was a quality win, which should have been more.

• Pennywise

Participant

I think Dallas is average and in awful div , and Bucs should have won more convincingly , their D is bad , Bucs D is bad too , hence the close games .

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I think Dallas is average and in awful div , and Bucs should have won more convincingly , their D is bad , Bucs D is bad too , hence the close games .

Dallas defense is much better this year than last. It’s early though. Playing in the nfc east will help.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Dallas is in the flow on offense, the defense is awful against the pass. Solid against the run.

They almost beat Tampa, squeaked by the Chargers (got two tuds called back against them so they got lucky there), and thumped the Eagles as a good offense should.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I suppose it’s better to have this problem early on than later. Thing is too many guys have gone down at that position. Hopefully Sherman will be ok with us and our depth can be better.

• creamsicles

Participant

If prognosis is accurate, it makes sense to keep him out 4 games, then return after the bye… same with Gronk and SMB. If we lose to the Phins or Eagles, I’d reassess the strategy.

• RW

Participant

It was non contact injury , but still he hasn’t been 100% for a cpl weeks , why have him running around on STs? Dumb

This team so far has made no year over year improvement, 5 weeks in , and their banged up , squeaking out wins to average to bad teams ,and losing to the only real quality team .
      They better get it fixed , because they aren’t sneaking up on anyone this year .

Just to confirm he wasn’t playing on special teams. On the 4th and 7 Mickens replaced one guy and the rest of the D stayed out. Davis hurt himself running down the field in coverage. It was a non contact injury.

• RW

Participant

Dallas is going to win that division by 3 games at least. They have a very good offense and their D is playing much better than last year.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.